Author Topic: Lucas’ critical role for Liverpool  (Read 555410 times)

Online Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
Re: Lucas’ critical role for Liverpool
« Reply #3000 on: October 1, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »
What a player he is.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #3001 on: October 1, 2011, 03:25:56 pm »
Once again a great game. Most consistent player.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #3002 on: October 1, 2011, 03:26:26 pm »
Future captain, without a shadow of a doubt.

Absolutely loves it here and his commitment is shown game after game after game. Never hides, never goes missing, and just gets more and more important every week. His attitude is one that every single young player up and down the country would do well to follow. Never stop improving and just keep working at your own game.

I wouldn't swap this fella for anyone else in the same position. He's that good.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #3003 on: October 1, 2011, 03:27:19 pm »
I absolutely love him!!
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #3004 on: October 1, 2011, 03:27:30 pm »
I think if he got a yellow right before an FA Cup or Carling Cup match, it wouldn't be the worst thing...
We've got Carling Cup after the Manc game no? Hopefully does that fiend they call White Pele
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3005 on: October 1, 2011, 03:30:31 pm »
When I see Lucas on the ball I start breathing regularly. You know he'll control it first time, you know his pass will be crisp and well chosen, and you know his movement after delivery will be intelligent.

Alternatively, when an opponent beats his marker and has a bit of a free run I won't start panicking until I can't see Lucas chasing him down or cutting off his chosen path.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #3006 on: October 1, 2011, 03:32:25 pm »
excellent today.. best game he's played this season, worked tirelessly...probably pipped to MOM by Enrique though....

btw, Lovely listening to Moyes now crying about referees decisions...oh the sweet sweet irony  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3007 on: October 1, 2011, 03:35:58 pm »
I wouldn't swap this fella for anyone else in the same position. He's that good.

Not even Cleverley?!?!

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3008 on: October 1, 2011, 03:41:19 pm »
Not even Cleverley?!?!

Yeah, fair enough. Anderson too.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #3009 on: October 1, 2011, 03:59:05 pm »
92% pass completion today in a game where he had a huge amount of the ball. Immense. His tackling was top notch today aswell(as usual).

MOTM for me.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #3010 on: October 1, 2011, 04:05:09 pm »
Can someone explain how the yellow card thing works.  He's got 3 in the league, 1 in the Carling Cup.  Are they added together?  And if they are, how many does he need to get before he is suspended, and how many matches will he miss?  If it's only 1 match, then a tactical yellow at some point is the way to go?  General yellow card guide for idiots required please :)
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3011 on: October 1, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline impz

• Kopite
« Reply #3012 on: October 1, 2011, 04:09:38 pm »
Can someone explain how the yellow card thing works.  He's got 3 in the league, 1 in the Carling Cup.  Are they added together?  And if they are, how many does he need to get before he is suspended, and how many matches will he miss?  If it's only 1 match, then a tactical yellow at some point is the way to go?  General yellow card guide for idiots required please :)
5 yellow = one match ban 10 yellows = two match ban after sometime in february cards get wiped off
from the land of ice and fire.

Ohh and the occasional bank collapse and finacial crisis.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3013 on: October 1, 2011, 04:10:22 pm »

The league, FA, and Carling Cup are all linked. Five yellows and it is a one game suspension. It starts again after Christmas as well I think.
I imagine that if we have a cup game after the United match, he will be instructed to concede a cynical foul at the end if he hasn't already been booked. Could probably do with missing some of these cup matches anyway.

Do correct me if I am wrong, feel like I am missing something...
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3014 on: October 1, 2011, 04:11:21 pm »
I am basically a little bit in love with him.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: October 1, 2011, 04:12:00 pm »
Consistently brilliant. 

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3016 on: October 1, 2011, 04:12:23 pm »
Reina, Lucas, Suarez, 3 absolute gems.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #3017 on: October 1, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »
You know what? At the moment, he's the only irreplaceable player in the team...

Even Suarez has cover (Bellamy) but unless we consider spearing...

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: October 1, 2011, 04:16:19 pm »
He was unbelievable, love him.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3019 on: October 1, 2011, 04:18:26 pm »
Reina, Lucas, Suarez, 3 absolute gems.

Can probably add Enrique to that aswell at the moment. A group of players who were all an absolute bargain.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3020 on: October 1, 2011, 04:19:39 pm »
Love this guy, and to think he's only 24 and just keeps getting better. How lucky we are to have him. Can't wait to see what he does in 2 weeks time.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3021 on: October 1, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »
Got us ticking when we needed it.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3022 on: October 1, 2011, 04:21:09 pm »
Love him

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3023 on: October 1, 2011, 04:21:21 pm »
Love this guy, and to think he's only 24 and just keeps getting better. How lucky we are to have him. Can't wait to see what he does in 2 weeks time.

Bit worried about that, if it's just him and Adam but hopefully Gerrard will be able to start.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3024 on: October 1, 2011, 04:21:23 pm »
How much did he cost?
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3025 on: October 1, 2011, 04:23:41 pm »
There isn't a calmer player on the ball.  He can find the outlet under immense pressure, when others boot it away. 

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3026 on: October 1, 2011, 04:35:44 pm »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3027 on: October 1, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »
Can probably add Enrique to that aswell at the moment. A group of players who were all an absolute bargain.
Bit early, but agreed. He could go on to be a cracker. We're getting there now. I just hope people will use a bit of patience. I reckon we are bang on track, just need a bit more time.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Online Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #3028 on: October 1, 2011, 04:37:42 pm »
How much did he cost?
6m

Nice one Rafa.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #3029 on: October 1, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »
One thing I did notice was Lucas's passing today - besides the 92% pass completion.

Up until Adam went off on 67 minutes, Lucas made 24 passes, 23 successful.  Once Adam was replaced by Gerrard in the next 21 minutes that Lucas was in central midfield with Gerrard, Lucas made 51 passes, 45 successful.  Thats some major difference.  Now I know Everton were getting tired, but 24 passes in 67 minutes with Adam, compared to 51 passes in 21 minutes with Gerrard is a quite remarkable difference.  1/3rd of the time on the pitch with Gerrard, more than twice the amount of passes.  It's also the time we scored both of our goals.  Co-incidence?
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline impz

• Kopite
« Reply #3030 on: October 1, 2011, 04:44:06 pm »
How much did he cost?
6m

Nice one Rafa.

was actually 5m pounds outright.. or 8m euros in 2007
from the land of ice and fire.

Ohh and the occasional bank collapse and finacial crisis.

Offline IndianKopite

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool 4ever!!!
« Reply #3031 on: October 1, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »
Good game from Lucas.92% pass completion is very good, even after considering he gets more space and time on the ball than our other midfielders.

One thing I did notice was Lucas's passing today - besides the 92% pass completion.

Up until Adam went off on 67 minutes, Lucas made 24 passes, 23 successful.  Once Adam was replaced by Gerrard in the next 21 minutes that Lucas was in central midfield with Gerrard, Lucas made 51 passes, 45 successful.  Thats some major difference.  Now I know Everton were getting tired, but 24 passes in 67 minutes with Adam, compared to 51 passes in 21 minutes with Gerrard is a quite remarkable difference.  1/3rd of the time on the pitch with Gerrard, more than twice the amount of passes.  It's also the time we scored both of our goals.  Co-incidence?

Thats a good observation but too many variables to attribute the goals to Lucas making more passes.

IMO the goals had more to do with introduction of Gerrard,injection of pace of Bellamy and Everton tiring.
Judging by look on Dalglish's face after Adam hit the post, I could tell that he knew we would score in the second half.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 04:52:14 pm by IndianKopite »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3032 on: October 1, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »
6m
Nice one Rafa.

Cheers.
Gremio saw us coming, eh!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3033 on: October 1, 2011, 04:48:45 pm »

Cause as I keep saying. Adam and Lucas are forming a good partnership.

However the main reason is cause the gap between Gerrard and Lucas was greater than Adam and Lucas.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3034 on: October 1, 2011, 04:48:53 pm »
won almost every challenge he went in for.
i think opponents must hate the sight of him
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #3035 on: October 1, 2011, 04:54:02 pm »
Cause as I keep saying. Adam and Lucas are forming a good partnership.

However the main reason is cause the gap between Gerrard and Lucas was greater than Adam and Lucas.

Nope they're not.  But I know you will disagree.  You can say it as many times as you like, but there is no evidence that Lucas and Adam have a good understanding and are forming a good partnership.  Saying it more often won't make it true.  Gerrard and Lucas have a good understanding and partnership, as do Lucas and Spearing, as do Enrique and Downing, as do Kuyt and Suarez.   

I have no idea what your second sentence means.  The gap on the pitch?  The gap in quality? The quality was significantly higher with Gerrard and Lucas than with Adam and Lucas. 
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 04:56:21 pm by leivapool »

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #3036 on: October 1, 2011, 04:58:03 pm »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3037 on: October 1, 2011, 05:00:08 pm »
Nope they're not.  But I know you will disagree.  You can say it as many times as you like, but there is no evidence that Lucas and Adam have a good understanding and are forming a good partnership.  Saying it more often won't make it true.  Gerrard and Lucas have a good understanding and partnership, as do Lucas and Spearing, as do Enrique and Downing, as do Kuyt and Suarez.   

I have no idea what your second sentence means.  The gap on the pitch?  The gap in quality? The quality was significantly higher with Gerrard and Lucas than with Adam and Lucas. 

The distance between the players on the pitch.

Yes they're forming a good partnership but no one could partner Lucas in your eyes as you love him too much.

So lets not debate this again please. Lets leave it.

Lucas played very well today - end of story.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 05:04:20 pm by Fordy »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3038 on: October 1, 2011, 05:04:46 pm »
The distance between the players of the pitch.

Yes they're forming a good partnership but no one could partner Lucas in your eyes as you love him too much.

As opposed to your wholly unbiased approach to Charlie Adam.
Leivapool has raised some valid points/concerns about the Lucas/Adam partnership, she has provided statisical analysis and personal opinion, if you disagree or don't wish to have the argument you don't have to dismiss it, you can leave it well alone.

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #3039 on: October 1, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »
Well done Lucas, played well and handled being booked well(i.e. gave no opportunity for ref to send him off).
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse