Author Topic: Andre Wisdom - Colossus of the future at LFC?  (Read 200697 times)

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wisdom appreciation thread
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »
A genuine prospect
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2012, 11:40:20 pm »
Great performance

Wonderful goal he got for us and i loved the little dummy he kept selling their players, stepping towards the ball and cutting it inside with his right behind his left leg, tried it about 3 times and i think it worked every time, him being fouled the first of the 3

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »
Didn't look nervous at all and has an amazing spring on him. That jump for the header was quality.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline simsim

• Kopite
  • High tempo pass and move is the Liverpool groove
Wisdom appreciation thread
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 12:01:28 am »
You can add Robinson, Sinclair, Ibe, McCloughlin etc to that list

What position does etc play?

Offline simsim

• Kopite
  • High tempo pass and move is the Liverpool groove
Wisdom appreciation thread
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 12:05:05 am »
People go on about forgeniers blocking home grown players but what about home grown players blocking them? Cause that's what carra doing atm

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 12:14:09 am »
Watched the lad a few times for the reserves/under 21's, and have to say been impressed by his positional ability.
Really pleased for him regarding the goal.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 12:45:01 am »
That was a big header from him. Well played to him, and looking forward to see him continuing to impress.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2012, 12:48:05 am »
Really impressed by the lad, who was also playing out of position. Big header and rock solid overall display. I'd love to see a starting Seb-Wisdom partnership at WBA in the LC.
Got to be impressed with the sheer amount of talent and great prospects that are coming through the academy in the last few months.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Andre Wisdom - Colossus of the future at LFC?
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2012, 02:45:19 pm »
"It was a wonderful header from Andre and a great moment for him in his first game for Liverpool and especially with it being in Europe," Rodgers said. "Andre has played a lot at centre-half in his career so far but I think he's got all the qualities to be a top Premier League right-back"

Brendan Rodgers

Physically he can't help but remind you of a younger Micah Richards but this guy looks the real deal.

Brilliantly taken goal last night and did well throughout, showing great courage advancing down the right particularly in the second half.

I feel we're blessed with some tremendous cover defensively with Kelly/Wisdom/Coates and to a lesser extent Wilson and Sama.

I expect Wisdom to be used sparingly and brought on gradually by the boss but he's certainly made a big impression on the big stage.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:49:26 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Andre Wisdom - Colossus of the future at LFC?
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 02:49:19 pm »
I'm no expert on the young lads at the club, but reading a few comments from those that are, they seem unsurprised at his inclusion yesterday while realistic about his chances. That's the way it should be.

Of course, the one flaw with football beneath senior level is how easily it seems certain players can find themselves stuck in a rut. That was the best thing about yesterday. Hopefully it gives the lads that played - and even those that didn't - hope. Without that you might as well shut the academy down now.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2012, 02:52:08 pm »

[/img]
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2012, 02:52:30 pm »
he showed some deft footwork as well - that was a big key for me.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2012, 02:54:15 pm »
The lad is a "beast" and has good technique and appears to have a good footballing brain. He is also very young.

I don't know, kinda hard to tell if he's going to be our Colossus of the future . . ..  :wave
Ludi Circenses!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2012, 02:56:31 pm »
Very good on the ball, quick, strong. The thing he needs to improve is his decision making along with his concentration. But no doubt will be a brilliant player
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline gaijin_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2012, 02:56:42 pm »
He looked really encouraging. With Rodgers' attacking philosophy, I think we're going to see a different, better kind of fullback coming through from the academy.

Always liked the kid and I hope he does well for the club. He's got a great debut under his belt, and I hope he enjoyed the experience and learned from it.

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2012, 03:32:19 pm »
He looks like a young Jack Palance in that pic.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2012, 06:16:20 pm »
How big a leap does the kid have? It was very Tim Cahill like in control but he got very high against what looked like big defenders.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2012, 06:18:29 pm »
I never copped Andy's thread - he went with a similiar title aswell funnily enough. 

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2012, 06:21:48 pm »
Wow at the title of the thread, talk about pressure.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:14 pm »
come on really well since pre season
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »
Wow at the title of the thread, talk about pressure.

::)

Or, a hark back to Ron Yeats and Shanks.

If ya know yer history......

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2012, 06:42:55 pm »
That was a great header by Wisdom for the goal.. Him and Coates as a Centre-back pairing are what I would eventually look forward to seeing, both look capable of scoring from corners as well which is a definite plus.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:17:14 pm by Mr_Shane »

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2012, 07:32:25 pm »
Did you see when he went to get the ball for a throw in but the ballboys quickly passed a spare to the Young Boys player. The camera stayed on Wisdom but play had carried on....he came sprinting back on about 10 seconds later. Quality stuff.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2012, 07:58:46 pm »
i wonder why rodgers thinks he can play right back.

maybe he's shown glimpses in training or his assurance on the ball means it can be coached in him
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2012, 08:35:13 pm »
More to the point, I wonder why he'd want him to play at right back if there were any possibility of him making the grade in the centre.

Let's face it, we're very well stocked on up-and-coming right backs.  Johnson is going to be our first choice there for another season or two at least, and then behind him we have the excellent Kelly who's already 22 and really ready for week-in and week-out play.  Behind them there's Flanagan who's been in the first team as a teenager and the best prospect of them all (in my opinion) McLaughlin.  Why add Wisdom to that queue if he's also capable of moving inside, where we have Coates and ... Sama?  Lloyd Jones?  The list of quality centre backs is a much shorter one.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »

maybe he's shown glimpses in training or his assurance on the ball means it can be coached in him

Well he played there on the american tour and played there last year for the ressies at times I think. Its not uncommon for potential cb's to play fullback

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »
Liked him for the past couple of years, big strong brave and he scores goals now, makes mistakes but he is a young lad, delighted for him last night
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:37 pm »
If his nickname isn't Norman then all footballers can fuck right off.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2012, 08:58:45 pm »

He's quite good on the ball (though not as good as attacking as someone like Johnson, or even Ryan McLaughlin), and its definitely easier to break into the side at FB than CB.  Don't mind him playing at RB but I really don't want him to become more than a 2nd/3rd choice player there.  Should be at CB long term IMO.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2012, 08:59:13 pm »
if hes as good as the toothbrushes we'll be cleaning up,,,,
bollocks

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »
More to the point, I wonder why he'd want him to play at right back if there were any possibility of him making the grade in the centre.

Let's face it, we're very well stocked on up-and-coming right backs.  Johnson is going to be our first choice there for another season or two at least, and then behind him we have the excellent Kelly who's already 22 and really ready for week-in and week-out play.  Behind them there's Flanagan who's been in the first team as a teenager and the best prospect of them all (in my opinion) McLaughlin.  Why add Wisdom to that queue if he's also capable of moving inside, where we have Coates and ... Sama?  Lloyd Jones?  The list of quality centre backs is a much shorter one.

Its easier to break in as FB and then move central, though. I think we may be seeing the transformation in Kelly in the next 2 years.

Wisdom never struck me as very good on the wings for the reserves; so can't really see him being wide long term in Rodgers' system. Though if Flanno goes out on loan, Wisdom will get the odd game at RB which will help him a lot to make the step up.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:21:31 pm by Niru Red4ever »
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline SkrtelPower

• NewCold
  • Kopite
  • Leave it yeeeeeeeah! Queen of his own world.
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2012, 10:34:00 pm »
I think he is better than Kelly at right back.

Much more technically gifted player, hopefully Kelly will transition to CB when Carra retires eos.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2012, 02:26:48 am »
Does he usually have a fantastic leap?

Offline Kate_LFC_SFC

• Kemlynite
    • Kate Cohen Soccer
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2012, 02:44:12 am »
Does he usually have a fantastic leap?
When I saw him leap that high I immediately thought of Australian commentary legend Andy Harper and his spawning salmon comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KrS9OKEtXdU

It really was a high point in Australian commentary right there!!  ;)  ;)

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2012, 02:44:26 am »

Maybe he has Plans for kelly to move into CB if carra retires at the end of the year, so rb will be Johnson, flanno, wisdon and mclaughlan

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2012, 03:23:37 am »
he showed some deft footwork as well - that was a big key for me.

Yeah he was constantly letting the ball run through his legs to get out a tight spot. I agree with you, he's a genuine ball playing defender. Can't wait to see more of this lad in the first team.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2012, 03:26:54 am »
For me, that was the best he's looked at RB since we played Sporting at Anfield in the NextGen. Two years ago I thought he and Robinson were the surest things in our Academy to make the step up. He stagnated a bit last year and many think Sama passed him by, but I still think Wisdom has the greater potential of the two and certainly more versatility. We've got so many promising young defenders with the likes of Wisdom, Sama, Robinson, Flanagan, McLaughlin, Jones, etc. (and that's not even counting Kelly/Coates/Wilson). It's a great foundation to have for the future.
Justice For The 96

« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2012, 04:06:41 am »

to be honest Kelly has always seemed like a CB playing RB, while Flannagan is a good defender but I doubt he has the tools to be a top RB Wisdom has the tools just needs to learn how to use them

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2012, 04:14:10 am »
to be honest Kelly has always seemed like a CB playing RB, while Flannagan is a good defender but I doubt he has the tools to be a top RB Wisdom has the tools just needs to learn how to use them

Its the same thing with Wisdom though isn't it?

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2012, 04:17:51 am »
When I saw him leap that high I immediately thought of Australian commentary legend Andy Harper and his spawning salmon comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KrS9OKEtXdU

It really was a high point in Australian commentary right there!!  ;)  ;)

Playing fast and loose with the word legend there Kate!