Author Topic: Andre Wisdom - Colossus of the future at LFC?  (Read 201463 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Andre Wisdom - Colossus of the future at LFC?
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2012, 02:45:33 am »
Pleased with him again today. He's still got to learn, but overall he was very good.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2012, 03:01:20 am »
Not sure why the Kelly v Wisdom thing is surfacing. Neither have finished developing and we won't know who is better in what position for a few years yet. Too many fucking nostradamus's on here. Wisdom had an average season by his standards last year but has jumped out of the ground when given a run in the firsts. Kelly has always looked decent at right back but his injury record is very poor. If he was a horse he would be pet meat by now.

Hope he can get his body right and give us more backup in defence. Our defence has looked shaky all year so a guy that can defend well is just what we need right now. I think one of Wisdoms great attributes is his calmness he just never seems to get flustered. I am going to enjoy watching both of them develop.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2012, 03:05:34 am »
Him and Coates would make a good partnership

Offline ScouseBrad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2012, 10:04:39 am »
Not sure. I know Crystal Palace have a Bright one though.

Are you sure that's the Wright one?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2012, 11:51:32 am »
fantastic, future right back for years imho...

my man of the match against Reading

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2012, 11:59:36 am »
fantastic, future right back for years imho...

my man of the match against Reading
Thought he had a tough ride v Reading but all part if him learning his trade

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2012, 12:06:05 pm »
Thought he had a tough ride v Reading but all part if him learning his trade
He had a tough one alright, good at the tackle, good at defensive positioning but not great with the ball at his feet. He was targeted for most of the second half by the opposition and wasn't helped second half by Suso. He looks like a potentially great centre half to me but with more experience I can't see how he won't develope into a decent right back!
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2012, 12:07:22 pm »
Him and Coates would make a good partnership

Was thinking the same the other day
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2012, 12:09:20 pm »
He had a tough one alright, good at the tackle, good at defensive positioning but not great with the ball at his feet. He was targeted for most of the second half by the opposition and wasn't helped second half by Suso. He looks like a potentially great centre half to me but with more experience I can't see how he won't develope into a decent right back!

See him as future centre back as well but well able to become a decent right back

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2012, 12:24:15 pm »
See him as future centre back as well but well able to become a decent right back
Agree mate, although he had a good game yesterday, and has done in previous fixtures, on the right. Great to see him getting a real shot at 1st team football, and so far from what i've seen, he's justified BR's trust in him

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2012, 12:51:17 pm »

Think the reason he's getting started as a right back (apart from the obvious Skrtel and Agger partnership being untreatable,) is that we're going to need our CBs to push wide under Rodgers, they're going to need to fill the RB and LB spots when the fullbacks bomb forward, playing Wisdom, Kelly and even Agger/Skrtel there on occasion will help immensely when we finally click into place.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: October 21, 2012, 03:15:06 pm »
Think the reason he's getting started as a right back (apart from the obvious Skrtel and Agger partnership being untreatable,) is that we're going to need our CBs to push wide under Rodgers, they're going to need to fill the RB and LB spots when the fullbacks bomb forward, playing Wisdom, Kelly and even Agger/Skrtel there on occasion will help immensely when we finally click into place.
Interesting but still wondering why not leave Glen there and play Robinson/Flannagan as their more natrual full backs but take your point on board mate

« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »
A bit misguided when people say he doesn't get forward. I see him in advanced positions during the game and even getting into the box. Look at the chance Gerrard had from the left against Reading you can see Suso at the center waiting for a cut back and Wisdom attacking the far post.

I think he plays the RB very differently and his game reminds me of Arbeloa. He isn't going to take on fullbacks and whip in crosses but he will get forward and provide an extra body in attack and be involved in the attacking play. Rodgers clearly see him as a RB and personally I prefer CB to be tall (yes I know about Cannavaro).

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:04 pm »
So far, so good.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #294 on: October 22, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »
So far, so good.

Spot on

Steven Wright

Jon Otsemobor

2 perfect examples of why we should let him grow at his own pace.
Insert obscure quote here

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 22, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »
Spot on

Steven Wright

Jon Otsemobor

2 perfect examples of why we should let him grow at his own pace.
Good shout lad i don't think we should go overboard but so far so good reminds me of Micah Richards which is not such a bad thing.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #296 on: October 22, 2012, 08:05:34 pm »
It has been great to see him progress from the "junior" ranks........what a huge saving in money if he can keep on improving. I reckon he'll be a big threat at corners. We have a glut of talent among our youths and the coaching staff have done their jobs very well.

#JFT97

Offline Ronanoman

• Kopite
« Reply #297 on: October 22, 2012, 08:08:41 pm »
Rodgers clearly see him as a RB and personally I prefer CB to be tall (yes I know about Cannavaro).

He's much taller than Cannavaro. By no means short for a centre back. 1m 86cm.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #298 on: October 22, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »
Good shout lad i don't think we should go overboard but so far so good reminds me of Micah Richards which is not such a bad thing.

Yea at least we arnt placing unfair expectations on him by starting a thread called" collossus of the future?"
Insert obscure quote here

Offline Shelvey33

• Main Stander
  • I was a young lad when I was growing up
« Reply #299 on: October 22, 2012, 11:47:09 pm »
we will have years of Wisdom
If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2012, 11:51:28 pm »
He did okay - caught out of position badly once and it could have cost us a goal but for poor finishing from Reading.  I don't agree with playing him ahead of Enrique but he is definitely one for the future. 

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2012, 08:59:24 am »
He's a proper ball playing centre half.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2012, 09:02:40 am »
With Johnson spending so much time upfield it's probably only natural that Wisdom will tuck in and form a back three but I have no doubts about his ability to get forwards because he is very accomplished on the ball. This education will serve him well for when he eventually moves to the middle.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2012, 09:03:33 am »
Wise beyond his years.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2012, 09:05:51 am »
When Kelly's back, surely one of these youngsters will be shifted to cover the CB position, since they both look more natural there? I wonder who Rodgers will decide should make the switch? And if that's the case, where does that leave Flanagan, who we shouldn't forget looked a real talent in his breakthrough season too?
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24:57 am »
I think what I like the most about him is his calmness and confidence. V's Reading there was a point when Suso came back and ended up going for the same header as Andre, you could clearly hear Wisdom tell Suso something like "Don't worry man, I got this push forward I'll win the ball everytime"

I agree that he will become a quality center half - him and Coates would dovetail perfectly.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2012, 09:33:41 am »
Had a tough game but he stuck in there and came through well in the end. Some of the praise he gets in here is way over the top. So many superlatives for an ok performance.
YNWA

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2012, 09:42:26 am »
Had a tough game but he stuck in there and came through well in the end. Some of the praise he gets in here is way over the top. So many superlatives for an ok performance.
For such a young guy who is making his breakthrough into the first team, his OK performances are considered to be good. He can only improve.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 23, 2012, 09:45:53 am »
For such a young guy who is making his breakthrough into the first team, his OK performances are considered to be good. He can only improve.

Exactly compare him to Micha Richards (who I believe he is very similar to) When Richards broke through he was heralded as a superstar in the making, yet he was prone to lots of mistakes.. Wisdom isn't half as bad - that bolds very well for the future.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #309 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:49 am »
Exactly compare him to Micha Richards (who I believe he is very similar to) When Richards broke through he was heralded as a superstar in the making, yet he was prone to lots of mistakes.. Wisdom isn't half as bad - that bolds very well for the future.
Yes mate exactly. All the comparisons made by our fellow supporters are bound to happen, because we are all excited to see a young lad making it to the first team and those over reactions are expected like Suso to Silva and Morgan to Fowler. It happens.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 23, 2012, 10:23:44 am »
Who do you think had the better start, Kelly or Wisdom? Seeing as both play at RB for the first team but will probably be moved to the center in the future(Looking unlikely for Kelly though).
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2012, 10:38:38 am »
Who do you think had the better start, Kelly or Wisdom? Seeing as both play at RB for the first team but will probably be moved to the center in the future(Looking unlikely for Kelly though).

Pretty similar but remember Wisdom scored a cracking goal on debut leaping clear for the header. It's his athleticism and confidence on the ball that to me really stands out. He's lightning quick, possibly the quickest player in the team which bodes well for our future.

Just an example was when Reading were on the break and the Reading player slight over hit it. Wisdom was there in a flash,  snuffed it out. I think he's on the road to be an fullback with similar attributes to Enrique. Alternatively he could be a solid ball playing CB with the pace to allow a high line.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:40:37 am by DanA »
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 23, 2012, 10:43:28 am »
Pretty similar but remember Wisdom scored a cracking goal on debut leaping clear for the header. It's his athleticism and confidence on the ball that to me really stands out. He's lightning quick, possibly the quickest player in the team which bodes well for our future.

Just an example was when Reading were on the break and the Reading player slight over hit it. Wisdom was there in a flash,  snuffed it out. I think he's on the road to be an fullback with similar attributes to Enrique. Alternatively he could be a solid ball playing CB with the pace to allow a high line.
Its also important to note that Kelly played behind Kuyt, who we'd all agree helped Kelly immensely. Wisdom doesn't have that kind of protection butdoes well nevertheless.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #313 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:37 am »
Yes mate exactly. All the comparisons made by our fellow supporters are bound to happen, because we are all excited to see a young lad making it to the first team and those over reactions are expected like Suso to Silva and Morgan to Fowler. It happens.

Such comparisions only put more pressure on them.
YNWA

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #314 on: October 23, 2012, 11:02:08 am »
If they are good enough, they will cope with that well. Thats part of their star status

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2012, 11:35:39 am »

Pay me 5k a week I'll happily be called the next Messinaldo fuck it.

From Jones "I was pleased with the saves but I just did what I get paid to do. I did my job" - exactly its a job they get paid a comical amount of money to basically do what they love doing, if they can't handle the pressure my heart bleeds for em ;)

Wisdom doesn't strike me as a shirking violet - I could see him as a future club captain.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:53 am »
Wisdom doesn't strike me as a shirking violet - I could see him as a future club captain.
Yep. I would even say a Vieira type of captain

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »
This lad reminds me of Michah Richards

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »
This lad reminds me of Michah Richards

In what way?
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:38 pm »
In what way?

You'd make a terrible policeman.