Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1027266 times)

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #8600 on: January 4, 2013, 10:29:13 pm »
Going to lay off the booze for a few weeks, ended last year drinking more than I should have and it's definitely time for a break. Got a lot going on this year (Moving back to Oz, trying to get a job there, trying to work out a wedding back there) and it's already started getting me down a bit, so probably a good idea to cut back on the booze, at least till some of the rest of life starts falling into place.

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #8601 on: January 4, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »
So, do i write this or not then. Fucking short book in that case ;)

Ill start it soon, i know when i do it will snowball and ill be ok. I always struggle to start things like this.
I'll volunteer to translate it into English be your editor.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8602 on: January 4, 2013, 10:46:10 pm »
just get started mate. it will either flow or it wont

pick one element or time of life you want to write about and just start

dont let this be something you wished you should have done

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #8603 on: January 5, 2013, 07:31:52 am »
Translate? Ya cheeky fucker ;) On that note...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFBoeZm7-u4   :)

Sounds like a wise move Rusty, dont need to be getting down then drinking.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #8604 on: January 5, 2013, 05:03:31 pm »
Actually, Carl, I was being serious ;) If you choose to do this (and I think it's an excellent idea by the way) and you want some help getting there, I'll gladly assist :wave

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #8605 on: January 5, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »
Actually, Carl, I was being serious ;) If you choose to do this (and I think it's an excellent idea by the way) and you want some help getting there, I'll gladly assist :wave

What Jim is trying to say is he'll have  a drink or ten for you.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8606 on: January 5, 2013, 09:03:11 pm »
Ten? Selfish fucker wants to buy us all one ..................

Cheers Jim , i know you are serious mate as you have been there before with regards to this. Appreciate the offer and i WILL take you up on it.........
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8607 on: January 6, 2013, 03:54:17 am »
Ten? Selfish fucker wants to buy us all one ..................

Cheers Jim , i know you are serious mate as you have been there before with regards to this. Appreciate the offer and i WILL take you up on it.........

Title Suggestions

50 Shades of Carl

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #8608 on: January 6, 2013, 03:48:26 pm »
Title Suggestions

50 Shades of Carl

:lmao Spot on, Andy!! :thumbup

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8609 on: January 12, 2013, 10:55:12 am »
How are we all.   Good luck with the book Carl.

Ive gone past 2 years without a drink or smoke!!!!!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8610 on: January 12, 2013, 06:18:44 pm »
Thats some fucking amazing work there Spen mate. Ive not got the balls to read through this thread from the start but some sterling work and effort has gone on since it started. Paul is no longer with us ( virtually ) but is doing ok by all accounts as well.

Some rough times have been had by many users in here but it seems *fingers crossed* that a corner has been turned.

As Spen said, how are you all doing ?

Carl.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8611 on: January 12, 2013, 06:37:37 pm »
2 weeks into my self imposed 8 week dry spell, it's been easy enough thus far, most likely due to having my fill at Christmas. I will admit driving past my local today and seeing a few fellas outside smoking and thought "Would love a nice Magners, a smoke, a few games of pool then relax in front of the big fire and talk shite for a while."

Then I thought how I've already saved Ł500 quid as result of not drinking (not all of that would've went on drink though, some on taxi fares, smokes and shite food etc etc). I've also started circuits twice a week (I actually fucking do stuff on a Monday now), my diet's got cleaner and I lost 4lb this week alone.

I'm planning on keeping it up until my birthday and having a skinful on the 22nd and 23rd and then go back on it again until the middle of March (best friend/best man's birthday) and then off it 'til my stag in Portugal at the end of May.

My Goal is Ł4000 in the bank come May and to be 1.5 stone lighter.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8612 on: January 12, 2013, 08:35:22 pm »
Whats happened to Paul?  Banned?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8613 on: January 12, 2013, 08:45:03 pm »
Yea perma banned. Not my place to go into details so dont ask :)

He is on Twitter if you want him.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8614 on: January 12, 2013, 08:55:20 pm »
Im intrigued now LOL

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8615 on: January 13, 2013, 07:47:02 am »
He did say why he was banned but the Mods have been good to me and its RAWK policy not to discuss permabans etc so i wont say owt. Also ive only heard one side of the story so im really in no position to comment.

Apart from that, i need a title for me book guys. I was going to go with ' Fish Fingers, Chips and Beans ' because as a kid growing up all i wanted was what most kids had. I wanted to go home to my Mum and Dad after school and she would make me fish fingers chips and beans. Instead i was in a foster home eating dripping sandwiches and being forced to call my foster parents Mum and Dad. I just wanted the simple things in life i guess. Simple title but deep meaning.

Any ideas guys? I didnt want to start a thread asking the general RAWK population as im sure not many visit here or know the full SP of whats transpired over the last few years lol. The more ' frequent ' visitors here may have a better idea. Ive some ideas in me head about where to start this book , im just milling around before i start.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8616 on: January 13, 2013, 11:02:13 am »
Maybe start at your lowest point?

Then go back and start at the beginning and say how you got there.... 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #8617 on: January 13, 2013, 05:05:04 pm »
I reckon your book title is spot on.  Definately go with that one.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8618 on: January 13, 2013, 05:22:39 pm »
I like the title too.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8619 on: January 13, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »
Cheers guys, yes that includes u Nanna ;)

Fish Fingers, Chips and Beans it is.

TW, thats a good idea mate, start low and see what transpires. Herein lies another question, what would be a low point? My earliest memory is being dragged out of our family home by a copper and bundled into a cop car as my mum was screaming and crying and begging them not to take her boys. It was a low point but i dont know how to define a low point properly.It was for the best they said but i always and still do, hold a massive grudge against the system for that but losing my parents was also a low point. Im struggling to find a start point i guess. Maybe the time in Wales when i went off the rails?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #8620 on: January 13, 2013, 09:01:33 pm »
Just write your stories, your chapters so to speak. Come the end you'll know how to order them. I wouldn't be worrying about structure at this point personally.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8621 on: January 13, 2013, 09:11:38 pm »
I think Johnny's probably right there.

Just get writing...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8622 on: January 13, 2013, 09:27:32 pm »
Ok i have started with this. Its only the first bit and i wont be posting anymore of it, i just want to know if its ok for a start............

Fish Fingers, Chips and Beans
'You want me to shove that up me arse, you are joking mate' i said to the rather pasty  faced young lad who handed me a big bottle with a conveniently sized nozzle attached to it. He nervously nodded and i guess his many years at university hadnt prepared him for being stood in a hospital ward with a 6' 2" tattooed skinhead asking him to shove a bottle up his hoop. Poor sod looked like a deer in the headlights of a car and was visibly shaking as i took the bottle from him and glared at him as he walked away. How the fuck did i get here, in a hospital gown sat  in a wheelchair, with all manner of people milling by as i prepare to ram a bottle up my arse and then empty my bowels into a portable toilet that is no more than a paper hat in a chair. I have no idea how it came to this and im fucked if i want to do it again, but i will attempt to convey my very colourful life to you all through this book. Its not a joyous read and its not made up, i wish to god it was but it is not. Let me tell you a tale..........................
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:55:30 pm by Sr Harvest Fiields »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8623 on: January 13, 2013, 09:36:55 pm »

Classic Sr Harvest Fiields comedy gold :lmao

Really looking forwards to reading it when it's done, don't make it all comedy though...
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8624 on: January 13, 2013, 09:39:52 pm »
It wont be comedy mate, there will be funny parts but i know there will be tough parts also. I thought a funny start to get the reader curious as to the rest of the book and then see how it goes. Now ive started ill be ok i think.

edit: those were the exact words used. Ill try to do the same for the whole of the book but ill naturally have to embellish certain areas.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8625 on: January 13, 2013, 09:45:18 pm »
It wont be comedy mate, there will be funny parts but i know there will be tough parts also. I thought a funny start to get the reader curious as to the rest of the book and then see how it goes. Now ive started ill be ok i think.

edit: those were the exact words used. Ill try to do the same for the whole of the book but ill naturally have to embellish certain areas.
Yep, there's bits you've told us that can only be serious....

Being tasered, that's got to be funny though!

And don't you dare miss out the cat story...

What I think will be very interesting will be finding out what has made you such a sound guy after all the horrific shit you've been through.
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8626 on: January 13, 2013, 09:58:27 pm »
Ahhh the cat incident lol. Id forgotten that. Therein lies another problem, remembering it all. Could take a while this ;)

Mods and users of this forum/thread, would any of you have a problem with me using posts/quotes from this thread in my book.PM if there are legal implications and ill not do it of course, but i feel there are some very good posts in this thread i could use. Those that are no longer able to post i can contact via other means. Let me know. :)

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alcohol Issues
« Reply #8627 on: January 13, 2013, 10:00:52 pm »
Good start, Carl. Got me curious right away.

And yeah TW that last paragraph of your post is what I've thought about many times.

Can't wait to read your book, Carl. :thumbup

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8628 on: January 14, 2013, 02:59:38 pm »
Fish Fingers, Chips and Beans and a whiskey chaser???

What was the one with the tent and fire?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8629 on: January 14, 2013, 06:01:56 pm »
you mean the time i fell in a fire?

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8630 on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:43 pm »
Thats the one.   I did laugh!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8631 on: January 14, 2013, 09:47:47 pm »
I screamed ;)

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8632 on: January 17, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »
Well, its coming along now.....

How are all you guys doing in here.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #8633 on: January 17, 2013, 11:47:42 pm »
Well, its coming along now.....

How are all you guys doing in here.

Jogging along,a smile and a song.  All that sort of thing.   :wave :-*
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8634 on: January 18, 2013, 12:45:45 am »
Ive quit again, probably for good this time

very long post will follow when I have the energy at some point

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8635 on: January 18, 2013, 07:17:51 am »
Nice to hear that Maggie :) Hope all is well hun.

And that doesnt sound good Andy, hope its not too bad. Let us know when you are up to it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8636 on: January 18, 2013, 07:32:22 am »

Good call, Andy! :thumbup

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #8637 on: January 18, 2013, 07:36:17 am »

Good!!!
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8638 on: January 18, 2013, 12:14:16 pm »

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8639 on: January 18, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »

fair enough.

it feels like for good though