Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1025908 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #8440 on: October 26, 2012, 04:53:35 pm »
 ;D

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8441 on: October 26, 2012, 04:58:21 pm »
excellent story
that is the kind of shit I used to do when i was plastered

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8442 on: October 26, 2012, 05:11:53 pm »
Brilliant reply to the bitch that ;D

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #8443 on: October 26, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »
Hehehe nice one Billy.

Its weird how different the world is when u r sober. Went the pub after work so about 5.30pm, usually have two then go home to play guitar. Its relaxing as i slowly sip me beer and WALK not stagger home. Trouble is there are always some drunken twats about at that time of day. I never got like that in public at the height of my problems, anyway this fucking slathering, pissed up c*nt saw me drop a plectrum and was onto me. You play guitar blah blah blah, right in me ear. I paid a token effort to his questions in the hope he would fuck off before i lamped him. He went out for a fag then his other pissed up mate came in and said my mates outside in a right mood etc etc etc. Other twat stumbles in ( 25-26 ) and gets introduced to me, again, and i say yea, we've met. He then refuses to believe me and kicks off.

Then he starts on about his GF wont let him see the baby anymore than 2hrs a fortnight. Im sat there thinking ' there is no wonder if this is the fucking mess you are in all the time' and he shows me these photos of his kid. Look twat, i came in after a hard day at work, im fucked, tired, want a quiet pint and i want to go home and cook me tea. The smelly breathed retard then starts hugging me and dancing behind me, i jump up and am about to twat this prick big time until my brain says fuck it, drink up and go home. So i did.

Tip.................. wanna cut down your drinking , then come to my pub when these pricks are in. Why do ppl do it, at half five absolutely slaughtered.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #8444 on: October 26, 2012, 05:23:06 pm »
She spun right around in shock. I looked her right in the eyes and said "fun? I'd show you more fun than you've ever had in your life if you weren't such a c*nt".
We all know youre a Proper Party Boy dont we Billy lad!!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8445 on: October 26, 2012, 05:25:42 pm »
Billy, boss.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8446 on: October 26, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »
Carl you should do what I used to do. Anytime some fucker starts bending your ear like that just look straight at him lovingly, then slowly start leaning your face in towards theirs. They'll soon fuck off
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Alcohol Issues
« Reply #8447 on: October 26, 2012, 10:08:45 pm »
Kinell Billy. :wellin :thumbup

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8448 on: October 26, 2012, 10:09:44 pm »
Carl you should do what I used to do. Anytime some fucker starts bending your ear like that just look straight at him lovingly, then slowly start leaning your face in towards theirs. They'll soon fuck off

Ive not got the right temperament for that mate lol
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #8449 on: October 26, 2012, 10:19:21 pm »
Don't tell him that Billy FFS he'll probably end having a blow job off the old fucker!!!
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8450 on: October 27, 2012, 07:57:03 am »
Thank fuck i dont do all that no more. Ive a date with a lady tomorrow as well. Shame its after the derby , we best win or ill not be a happy puppy. Just got to find a quiet pub to watch the game in, with no inbred tools kicking off. Im hoping that as its an early kickoff the town wont be full of pissed up twats quite so early.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8451 on: November 5, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »
Sister sent me a link to something that related to my parents and their situation and its knocked me somewhat. Not going to get pissed, whats the point, wont bring them back will it. Im going to mooch over a quiet beer and plan my next guitar solo. Dont like getting pissed no more but i need to get out and not sit in alone, that wont help. Ive no one to talk to about it but ive realised no good will come of getting smashed. Quiet pint, home for tea and bed. Dunno why im telling you all, just wanted to say as im not relying on booze to get smashed and forget shit for once.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8452 on: November 5, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »
Venting and getting "shit" of your chest helps, Carl. That's why you're telling us...

Send a PM if you want to talk mate. Here if you need it... :)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8453 on: November 14, 2012, 12:16:16 am »
Greetings sirs

How art thou all?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8454 on: November 14, 2012, 12:29:13 am »
Been working 14-16 hour days and am currently on day 9 of what looks like will be a 18 day inspection. That means 14-16 hour days every day. I have to be on my game so I havnt had a single drink at all since I started. Even though its tough and it would be nice to wind down, I dont feel like I can as I feel like I am back on duty in just a few hours and having a drink means Ill relax and I cant afford to relax.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8455 on: November 14, 2012, 02:41:25 am »
I've been up to my tits with work too. Which is a good complaint I guess. It keeps the mind busy. I hired two new assistants last week. One is Peurto Rican and the other is Russian. Smashing looking lasses the pair of them. Its nice having them around like, but the downside is I feel the need to relieve myself more than usual. If you know what I mean? I've had to replace my coffee breaks with wank breaks. Better than being on the ale though I guess

I had my Da on the phone earlier. He called to ask if I'd be home for Christmas. I wont be because I'm too busy with work. I could tell he was bummed out by that. My old man is getting on in years and I miss him like fuck. I miss him more than my Ma because I've got 5 sisters, and girls tend to gravitate towards their mother more than their father (at least in my family anyways) so my old boy is kind of on his tod without me. Poor fucker will probably be sat at the dinner table on Christmas day listening to chat about hair styles, diets, fashion, gardening, the latest episode of sex and the city, and all the other tedious bollox that the women in my family like to talk about around the dinner table.

In other news, it looks like Abby is going to be going back to California. She got offered a big opportunity there career wise. She said she'd stay in New York for me, but I told her not to turn this down. I know this is a big deal for her and her professional goals so it was with a heavy heart that I advised her to grab it with both hands and go for it. Part of me thought about trying to coerce her to stay in New York, but that would be wrong as fuck of me. The way I look at it is, that girl probably saved me from drifting into oblivion. As much as its going to break my heart to let her go (because I do love her, head over heels) I couldn't live with myself if I stood in her way. I owe her everything, including encouraging her to grab the opportunity to realize her own dreams. I'm hurting a little now, but on the bright side, I'm alive and well thanks to her. I'll be sore for a while, but times a healer. In the grand scheme of it all, I'll be ok. Fingers crossed
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:51:20 am by Billy The Kid. »

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8456 on: November 14, 2012, 05:02:33 am »
I had a little 'incident' last night at my cousins birthday party. I wasn't going to go but I knew there would be some fit birds there so I went in the end. It was your usual birthday party. Rounds of shots and tequila slammers and the likes. All the blokes acting like fucking knobs by racing each other on downing beer. I was just standing there watching all the madness. Then this one guy (Carl is his name funnily enough) came over and offered me a beer. I can't stand this fat fuck. I've met him a few times and he's a horrendously bad dick indeed. I told him no thanks. He kept egging me on to have one. I just kept saying "no thanks, I don't drink". Then he rolled his eyes and as he was walking away I heard him say "what a loser".

Normally when people offer me a drink I just say no thanks. I refrain from saying I'm an alcoholic because sometimes it embarrasses people. I don't like making them feel like they have accidentally tempted me. So instead I'll just pretend I'm a tee total. But this c*nt pissed me right fucking off. My first inclination was to literally go after him and stick my glass in his face. I literally wanted to slice him. But he's my cousins mate and I didn't want to go spoiling the party so I let it go.

I was just about to leave when this bird came up to the bar where I was standing. I recognized her. I've seen her before so I said hello. She said hello back. I said "I'm Billy". She said "I know who you are. You're the dry guy right?". Then she laughed. I asked her what she meant. She said "my boyfriend said he tried to buy you a drink. What's the problem? You don't like having fun?". Then she turned her back on me

Well well well. When I realized she was that twats bird I must say, I couldn't stop the wry smile from etching across my face. So I stuck my finger in my mouth, juiced it up good, and finger dunked her her right in the ass. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, you wet your finger then stick it down between a birds arse, under her knickers right between her arse cheeks. She spun right around in shock. I looked her right in the eyes and said "fun? I'd show you more fun than you've ever had in your life if you weren't such a c*nt". Then I necked my sprite and left her standing there in shock. No doubt she told her boyfriend what happened. I look forward to meeting him again now. Fucking knob head

Er, some would call that sexual assault.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8457 on: November 14, 2012, 05:15:18 am »
Er, some would call that sexual assault.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8458 on: November 14, 2012, 05:29:11 am »
Fair enough Mr. I need to use a thesaurus.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8459 on: November 14, 2012, 07:22:42 pm »
Greetings sirs

How art thou all?

Best ive been in years :) Still drink but im getting to a point where i cant be arsed to drink so i dont. 2 pints and home for me now. Work has helped no end to be honest, kept me busy and long days have aided that.

Too scared/embarrassed to re-read this thread as i hate to think what ive said. Just think, its been nearly 2 years since ' that incident ' and i never thought id be where i am now. Ok its not ideal but its light years from where i was. I think the same goes for a fair few people in here. It seems to have calmed down a lot, and i hope people browsing this thread have been able to understand the problems a bit better, not just us alcoholics. Ive not been warned for a while so that cant be bad ;)  A big thank you to all who have helped me/us over the last few years. As you know, i wouldnt be here were it not for RAWK and my mates. I hope more people who need to talk about any alcohol related issues pluck up the courage to talk in here. Its helped no end :)

Laters my good people. Keep your chin up and all will be good :)

Carl.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8460 on: November 14, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »

Online AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8461 on: November 24, 2012, 09:02:49 pm »
this is the most popular thread for alkies, those trying to give up and those who have stayed dry for a while

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8462 on: November 24, 2012, 09:39:50 pm »
Its serving a purpose mate. At least i think it is.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8463 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »
how is everyone, very slow this thread lately, which can only be a good thing yes?
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8464 on: November 24, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
im doing well. not looking forward to xmas. My first with no home ties at all. dunno what to do

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8465 on: November 24, 2012, 10:00:59 pm »
im doing well. not looking forward to xmas. My first with no home ties at all. dunno what to do

good man, xmas will be tough to avoid booze.

Online AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8466 on: November 24, 2012, 10:08:40 pm »
its been hard not to slip into too bad habits. Ive been home alone for three days and I have tons of beer in the fridge.  thankfully been able to keep it limited to 3 a night. there is some sherry in the house which is the first time I have touched anything stronger than wine in a while
I did let it go on thursday night and drank a whole bottle of wine
still, Im nowhere near as bad as a year ago

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8467 on: November 24, 2012, 10:19:00 pm »
 :(
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #8468 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »
its been hard not to slip into too bad habits. Ive been home alone for three days and I have tons of beer in the fridge.  thankfully been able to keep it limited to 3 a night. there is some sherry in the house which is the first time I have touched anything stronger than wine in a while

Please be careful mate - you have done so well but I am concerned that you could all too easily slip back....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8469 on: November 24, 2012, 11:40:28 pm »
Please be careful mate - you have done so well but I am concerned that you could all too easily slip back....
cheers mate
I feel like Im doing OK
its 6.30 now, Im home alone and have no intention of getting trashed
i fancy one beer then im off to bed early

Pheeny

« Reply #8470 on: November 25, 2012, 12:18:19 am »
sorry but it seems to me you are slowly increasing your intake.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8471 on: November 25, 2012, 08:09:12 am »
sorry but it seems to me you are slowly increasing your intake.

Thats the way it looks mate. Why do you have beer in the fridge? Is it a case of ' its there should i want/need one ' . I used to fret like fuck if it was getting on in the evening and i didnt know if id have any booze for when i woke in the morning. Id always pop to the garage and get some just in case. Made me sleep loads better for some reason. I took a can with me for a week just in my bag and not once did i fancy it. Case of ' fuck you, dont need you no more '

Just be careful mate, not gonna preach to you as you know the risks.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8472 on: November 28, 2012, 06:40:16 am »
Seems tomorrow the government are planning to stick a 45p per unit rate on alcohol and to stop buy one get one free offers on booze etc. Does anyone think this will actually achieve anything?

Online AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8473 on: November 28, 2012, 06:44:32 am »
Seems tomorrow the government are planning to stick a 45p per unit rate on alcohol and to stop buy one get one free offers on booze etc. Does anyone think this will actually achieve anything?
probably will have some affect
after all, less people smoke these days after the prices got put up

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8474 on: November 28, 2012, 06:48:30 am »

Price increases don't cure addictions, they just cause an increase in crime.
The only people that are affected by this will be the poorer casual drinkers.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8475 on: November 28, 2012, 07:25:44 am »
What about alcoholics. There is a very poor lack of support for them as it is, increasing the price of alcohol and not increasing the support they will be needing is just stupid. I have never smoked so cant comment but is there physical withdrawals that can be life threatening. Honest question as ive no idea. To many ppl, a drink is one of few things they enjoy at the weekend etc and to slap a minimum price on a unit is just shitty imo. Ive no big cure for alcoholism and binge drinking etc , but i dont see this as a solution.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8476 on: November 28, 2012, 07:45:10 am »
What about alcoholics. There is a very poor lack of support for them as it is, increasing the price of alcohol and not increasing the support they will be needing is just stupid. I have never smoked so cant comment but is there physical withdrawals that can be life threatening. Honest question as ive no idea. To many ppl, a drink is one of few things they enjoy at the weekend etc and to slap a minimum price on a unit is just shitty imo. Ive no big cure for alcoholism and binge drinking etc , but i dont see this as a solution.
I agree with you that addicts should receive support but I think that is almost a separate issue from the price raise, they should receive the support anyway regardless of the price of whatever product it is that they are addicted to.
Having said that, addiction is a problem that extends far beyond just alcoholism and there are very few doctors/ addictions councillors willing to admit that the current consensus of offering support until we get a magical pill from big pharma to solve the problem is just not working. Even programmes like AA have a success rate of about the same as quitting cold turkey (from the stats I've seen in Canada at least).
Unfortunately, we just don't know how to solve the problem of addiction. Trust the government however to resort to outdated methods and pandering to the "moral outrage" of sections of society (who themselves have no problem being addicted to their tv, their iphone, the internet, shopping etc etc).
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8477 on: November 28, 2012, 10:25:38 am »
It's not to help alcoholics.

Look at Mad Men - there's incredibly rich boozehounds too you know - yes I know it's not a docu, but the fact is rich people can be alcoholics too.

So it's not to combat the problem of alcoholism - as rich people won't bat an eyelid.

It's yet another of Cameron's taxes on the poor. An utter disgrace if you ask me.

and I only drink about 2 units a week so I'm not personally bothered by it effecting me either. It's just another obvious misstep from our hapless government.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8478 on: November 28, 2012, 11:58:50 am »
It's not to help alcoholics.

Look at Mad Men - there's incredibly rich boozehounds too you know - yes I know it's not a docu, but the fact is rich people can be alcoholics too.

So it's not to combat the problem of alcoholism - as rich people won't bat an eyelid.

It's yet another of Cameron's taxes on the poor. An utter disgrace if you ask me.

and I only drink about 2 units a week so I'm not personally bothered by it effecting me either. It's just another obvious misstep from our hapless government.

Only last year did the govenment in Denmark do the same thing. They didn't ban offers etc but they raised the price on alcohol + foods with loads of fat and suger in them. To prevent the obesity disease and to stop people from drinking too much.

What has it done then? People travel just south of the border into Germany where there are loads of supermarkets/megastores that sell the highly taxed items at German prices, meaning without all the Danish taxes. So has it helped improve the public health in general in Denmark? It's a big no!

However it has moved the sales from Danish stores to German stores causing more unemployment and people to buy even more when they go on the shopping trips.

Will the law have an effect in UK? I highly doubt it. As suggested by others I think it will leave the poor dependent people even more poor and helpless than they already are and the rich alchies will just have to spend a bit more to keep their habit going.

Did I mention the government in Denmark is SocialDemokrat - the Danish equivalent to Labour and that our PM is the daughter-in-law of Neil Kinnock? So much for taking care of each other...

Didn't mean to derail the topic and I'm sorry if you mighty mods deem this as an attempt of such. If so please delete and carry on... :)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8479 on: November 29, 2012, 07:45:09 pm »
Not had a drink for two days now.
Vodka in the freezer as well.
Won't be having anything tomorrow either, as I'm out in the car until late.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.