Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1025903 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #8520 on: December 15, 2012, 10:22:35 am »
It must do mate, thats why you are in here. It affects people but sometimes you just dont see it. I knew it was affecting me big time, i didnt realise how much it was affecting everyone around me. I was oblivious to that fact. And you are ' hoping ' . Thats not a good thing to be doing mate and i do understand why its crept back up on you. Ive been there big time as well mate. Take it easy will ya :)

When I said it doesn't affect me I meant in the sense that it's not a mood changer, I'm pretty much the same pissed as I am sober, I'm a bit more 'me', I laugh, joke etc. It affects me most because we have better things to spunk 70 quid a week on, that has to stop. We can't afford to do it. It will settle down, it has to. I guess I'm just readjusting to moving back in mate, life has taken a turn for the better in my eyes, I'm making the most of it.
I do have a problem, I'm not naive, nor am I going to try and convince anyone 'I'm fine'. I need to work out why I can't just have a couple, I have to finish the bottle once I start on it.
 :)
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8521 on: December 15, 2012, 11:57:16 am »
The nature of the drug and societies accepting attitude towards it means that it takes a strong will to see through the bullshit view that alcohol provides a benefit at all.

The truth is alcohol is a deadly drug that systematically destroys your nervous system, health, confidence, finances, relationships. There is no benefit whatsoever to taking alcohol - its just the biggest confidence trick in history which is why 90% of adults believe it is not only acceptable but beneficial to drink.

If you haven't read Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Drinking I strongly recommend you do. If you read it with an open mind, you will quit effortlessly as it takes away the desire to drink by reverse brainwashing your accepted view on it.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #8522 on: December 15, 2012, 12:06:18 pm »
trouble is mate, many alcoholics dont have an open mind, just tunnel vision.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8523 on: December 15, 2012, 12:11:07 pm »
I know exactly what you mean - I have been there. I'll say it again though, this book has changed my life and I strongly recommend anyone who wants to control their drinking give it a go.

What have you got to lose?

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8524 on: December 16, 2012, 09:09:13 am »
My sister proved that the only ppl to really understand alcoholics is an alcoholic. She met a lad, was an alchy and naturally she turned to the family alchy, me. Asked me what i thought of a certain predicament she was in with said fella, i gave her my opinion based on my own life and what id do. She replied that he would never do that, he isnt like that. Guess who was bang on the money.

Alcoholics are annoyingly predictable when it comes to their fix, i guess the same as any addict.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8525 on: December 17, 2012, 11:28:32 am »
Well, back from a hospital appointment. Gotta go back in new year for a camera down me grid so they can see me bits and bobs. Blood tests are far far better and doc was pleased, until he he said ive a damaged liver. Its not what im doing now, its what i did to it the past few years thats the problem. Always comes back to bite you on the arse it seems.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #8526 on: December 17, 2012, 02:21:25 pm »
Well, back from a hospital appointment. Gotta go back in new year for a camera down me grid so they can see me bits and bobs. Blood tests are far far better and doc was pleased, until he he said ive a damaged liver. Its not what im doing now, its what i did to it the past few years thats the problem. Always comes back to bite you on the arse it seems.
Are they going down or going up? Up isn't nice at all mate but I guess that down isn't a picnic either.
I can't say for definite but I am sure I read somewhere once that an alcohol fucked up liver could recover if it was looked after properly and not hammered every day although I could be wrong.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Pheeny

« Reply #8527 on: December 17, 2012, 02:45:38 pm »
I can't say for definite but I am sure I read somewhere once that an alcohol fucked up liver could recover if it was looked after properly and not hammered every day although I could be wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_liver_disease

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8528 on: December 17, 2012, 06:12:20 pm »
I know you've got control of your alcohol consumption now, but do you not think it might be a good time to give it up for good for (say) 6 months?

You like a nice quiet cous of pints...... Wouldn't giving your liver the best chance of recovery make that easier in the future?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8529 on: December 17, 2012, 06:41:54 pm »
nail on head. i had it boxed, but its getting a grip again. its the devil.

Its worse than the devil. If the devil wanted to kill you he'd just do it and put you out of your misery

Alcohol will make you suffer first, then it will kill you once its fucked you into submission. I'd take death by the devil ahead of death by alcohol any day
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8530 on: December 17, 2012, 06:53:23 pm »
Its worse than the devil. If the devil wanted to kill you he'd just do it and put you out of your misery

Alcohol will make you suffer first, then it will kill you once its fucked you into submission. I'd take death by the devil ahead of death by alcohol any day

you still on that wagon matey?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8531 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:48 pm »
you still on that wagon matey?

Sure am Paul mate. Sobriety is fucking power. I'm opening my new recording studio and learning facility this week. Its going to be called MPI New York.

When I drank I never bought the theory that you can achieve anything in life if you put your mind to it. I thought it was all bollox.

But that was back when I used to sit in my bedroom surrounded by empty beer cans drinking my life away.

As corny as this may sound, I look at the statue of liberty every morning. I look at that motherfucker and the feeling of power sweeps over me.

The power of sobriety, liberty, and freedom to do whatever the fuck I want to do with my life. I aint religious, but that statue and everything it stands for is my higher power

I came to this country with $800 in my pocket. That's all I had. It was all I really needed. I knew with sobriety that the rest would fall into place. That's what I mean when I say sobriety is power

This is what power does

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #8532 on: December 17, 2012, 08:35:34 pm »
thats fairly impressive to say the least

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8533 on: December 17, 2012, 08:48:38 pm »
thats fairly impressive to say the least

fuck me, thats some kit that, you know what though, first thing that came into my head, honestly, "boss party room".

Serious though Billy, amazing mate. amazing.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8534 on: December 17, 2012, 08:58:51 pm »
So, when u gonna invite me over to record me guitar mate ;)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8535 on: December 17, 2012, 09:06:11 pm »
Cheers all

Carl you can come whenever you like mate

We can go flange hunting together in Manhattan. 

Its all dunkin doughnuts and mcnastys over here so there's no shortage of fat birds. You'd be right in your element lad

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8536 on: December 17, 2012, 09:08:51 pm »
Ah mate, chunky chicks and doughnuts. Woo hooooo. Shame ive just met someone :(    ;)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #8537 on: December 17, 2012, 09:50:55 pm »
Well done Billy.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8538 on: December 17, 2012, 09:52:32 pm »
Well done Billy.

it's excellent isnt it.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8539 on: December 17, 2012, 09:54:26 pm »
it's excellent isnt it.

Yea, it is. Well in Billy lad.

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8540 on: December 17, 2012, 10:06:48 pm »
You are right fella, sobriety is the fucking best.

I wish the word would get out so more people joined...ditch the fucking booze people. Wake the fuck up. The poison is the biggest evil in the world.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #8541 on: December 17, 2012, 11:06:07 pm »
Going on from what Billy said about sobriety being power, whilst I was using opportunities never came my way. I was in oblivion. I was also bored, lonely and depressed. I stopped using and opportunities came my way in abundance, things have happened that I could never even dream of.

I also stopped being bored, lonely and depressed. I realised it was the drugs had made me bored, lonely and depressed but at the time your blinded and don't see that.

Before I was using I had loads of hobbies and interests and good friends and family round me so was never bored or lonely. Cocaine quickly took all that from me. Great to have it come back now just by stopping using. That's were my pleasure comes from now.
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #8542 on: December 17, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »
Amazing stuff, Billy! Well fucking done, well fucking done! :wellin

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8543 on: December 17, 2012, 11:13:42 pm »
Amazing stuff, Billy! Well fucking done, well fucking done! :wellin

i cant get over how well he's done, talk about a massive turn around, new york, thats studio, his own company. mind blowing stuff.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #8544 on: December 17, 2012, 11:16:04 pm »
i cant get over how well he's done, talk about a massive turn around, new york, thats studio, his own company. mind blowing stuff.

Fucking inspirational to be honest. We could all and I mean ALL learn from this sort of determination. And yes, mind blowing stuff... :scarf

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8545 on: December 18, 2012, 12:06:05 am »
Going on from what Billy said about sobriety being power, whilst I was using opportunities never came my way. I was in oblivion. I was also bored, lonely and depressed. I stopped using and opportunities came my way in abundance, things have happened that I could never even dream of.

I have a little motto that goes "the harder I seem to work, the luckier I seem to get". When you're stuck in the cycle of addiction all you think about is when your next fix is going to come. There could be a hundred opportunities staring you right in the face but you're too blind to notice them, let alone go after them. I look back at my twenties and I just see a total train wreck. Utter carnage. I see all of the opportunities that I missed out on. Not anymore though. Fuck that for a game of capers. It's no way to live. Its just a miserable fucking existence. My mate flew over here last month for a visit. He looked around the studio and said "you lucky fucking bastard". But its not luck. Luck really is a very minimal variable. Sure there will be times when you need to be in the right place at the right time, but it's more down to determination. If you want it bad enough and go after it then there really is nothing that you can't accomplish. All you need is the power. And that's what sobriety is. I don't consider myself to be better than anyone else. I've been on the same road as many others who post in here. I don't try to forget about who I am or where I came from. I guess all I'm trying to say is, every single one of you can go on to accomplish anything you set your minds too.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8546 on: December 18, 2012, 12:06:34 am »
Cheers Tom, Paul, and everyone.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #8547 on: December 18, 2012, 12:38:20 am »
I have a little motto that goes "the harder I seem to work, the luckier I seem to get". When you're stuck in the cycle of addiction all you think about is when your next fix is going to come. There could be a hundred opportunities staring you right in the face but you're too blind to notice them, let alone go after them. I look back at my twenties and I just see a total train wreck. Utter carnage. I see all of the opportunities that I missed out on. Not anymore though. Fuck that for a game of capers. It's no way to live. Its just a miserable fucking existence. My mate flew over here last month for a visit. He looked around the studio and said "you lucky fucking bastard". But its not luck. Luck really is a very minimal variable. Sure there will be times when you need to be in the right place at the right time, but it's more down to determination. If you want it bad enough and go after it then there really is nothing that you can't accomplish. All you need is the power. And that's what sobriety is. I don't consider myself to be better than anyone else. I've been on the same road as many others who post in here. I don't try to forget about who I am or where I came from. I guess all I'm trying to say is, every single one of you can go on to accomplish anything you set your minds too.

Fantastic Billy and really inspiring.

You can't change your past but you can shape your future....
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8548 on: December 18, 2012, 12:49:17 am »
Fantastic Billy and really inspiring.

You can't change your past but you can shape your future....

great shout.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8549 on: December 18, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »
great shout.

Well take fuckin heed of it soft lad  :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8550 on: December 18, 2012, 07:23:38 pm »
Hahahah pwned Paul lad ;)

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8551 on: December 18, 2012, 07:54:49 pm »
Well take fuckin heed of it soft lad  :-)

HA HA, just seen this.  ;D

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #8552 on: December 19, 2012, 12:07:14 am »
Billy's been doing plenty of blowing...;) ;D How else do you think he got the money for the studio? ;) ;D

Seriously though - well done Billy. Inspirational....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8553 on: December 20, 2012, 07:10:52 pm »
If it was taken down maybe the mods can shed some light as to their opinions on what they think?

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8554 on: December 20, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »
Thats fantastic Billy.   Shows what we are capable of if we leave the booze alone.

I have got nearly 2 years under my belt now, and have got a few business plans.   Get this new year out of the way and it is full stream ahead!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:26:20 pm by spen71 »

Pheeny

« Reply #8555 on: December 20, 2012, 08:21:30 pm »
I've deleted some obvious "wind up" posts and banned the poster.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:23:03 pm by HumPheenyBug »

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8556 on: December 21, 2012, 07:33:40 am »
Appreciate that mate, i did think it was a piss take.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8557 on: December 24, 2012, 05:32:23 am »
Ooops. Massive, fucking massive bust up with me family yesterday. I was far from drunk but id had enough to remove the inhibitions from my pent up brain. Said stuff i shouldnt have, got told stuff that was just as shit from my sober sister. Either way i fucked up.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8558 on: December 24, 2012, 08:52:26 am »
Ooops. Massive, fucking massive bust up with me family yesterday. I was far from drunk but id had enough to remove the inhibitions from my pent up brain. Said stuff i shouldnt have, got told stuff that was just as shit from my sober sister. Either way i fucked up.
Do you still need alcohol?

Do up you think you could live without it now?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8559 on: December 24, 2012, 09:00:38 am »
I dont need it anymore mate. It wasnt me being pissed, it was me saying what ive held in for years but if id not had a drink id not have said it. Regret it? No, but i could have said it in a better fashion. Ironically im portrayed as the bad person even after what i said. I was out of order in the manner i said it, but the truth hurts dont it.