Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1053665 times)

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Re: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion
« Reply #15560 on: October 21, 2022, 12:15:45 am »
Getting a little repetitive now these silly arguments. If you come in here just to say its crap and people who like it shouldn't then it seems a waste of your time and everyone else's. HBO will persist with it because it is a success. It is not just hardcores that watch it. I have never read the books and me and all my mates are really enjoying it. Even my dad who barely sticks with any TV show and loses interest very quickly at his age has said to me its the best thing on TV at the moment. If people enjoy it and HBO make more of it great. It's really not that deep. Let people be entertained and if you aren't then don't watch.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15561 on: October 21, 2022, 12:54:51 am »
Getting a little repetitive now these silly arguments. If you come in here just to say its crap and people who like it shouldn't then it seems a waste of your time and everyone else's. HBO will persist with it because it is a success. It is not just hardcores that watch it. I have never read the books and me and all my mates are really enjoying it. Even my dad who barely sticks with any TV show and loses interest very quickly at his age has said to me its the best thing on TV at the moment. If people enjoy it and HBO make more of it great. It's really not that deep. Let people be entertained and if you aren't then don't watch.

Not trying to be repetitive, just Leinad didn't seem to get what I was saying. I certainly have no issue with people liking whatever they want.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15562 on: October 21, 2022, 12:55:08 am »
Dear me, there are some precious people out there. I watch it for entertainment and i've enjoyed it. I understand the people who want more action or more comedy. I also understand there are people who like the whole politics side of it. I enjoyed GOT as well, immensely. Yes even the last season. People are different and it is just a story but there is nothing quite as strange as people who knock things but still read or watch them like its become a personal crusade to drag it all down, very very odd. His intellectual property, his decision to do what he likes with it.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15563 on: October 21, 2022, 01:41:21 am »
I'm curious how Otto is going to repay him for his services next week.  :-\

I'm not curious and i don't want to know!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #15564 on: October 21, 2022, 11:04:24 am »
First time posting on this thread and being someone who hasn't read any of the books but was a big GOT fan, I'm quite enjoying house of the dragon. I do find it very difficult to follow though and need to watch the episodes again after to make sure I don't miss things. So many characters with the same name, plus the time jumps and new actors make it hard to remember who is who.
larys is fantastic and I quite like alicent, Rhaynera on the other hand isn't a particularly likeable character and find it hard to "root for her".
Paddy considine put in an all time great Game of thrones performance.
YNWA

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #15565 on: October 21, 2022, 03:58:29 pm »
The finale has leaked in the normal places. be careful if you use social media as there will be spoilers knocking around.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #15566 on: October 21, 2022, 04:13:31 pm »
The finale has leaked in the normal places. be careful if you use social media as there will be spoilers knocking around.

Cheers mate, gonna watch it now to avoid spoilers. Does this ever happen with other shows, I only ever recall it happening with GOT.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15567 on: October 21, 2022, 06:13:23 pm »
Cheers mate, gonna watch it now to avoid spoilers. Does this ever happen with other shows, I only ever recall it happening with GOT.

Not that I can remember, The 1st few episodes of this leaked a day early at the start but the French seemed to sort that as it was leaked on a French streaming site. Not a full 48 hours before like this though. It says it's 1080p too!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15568 on: October 21, 2022, 07:53:25 pm »
Not that I can remember, The 1st few episodes of this leaked a day early at the start but the French seemed to sort that as it was leaked on a French streaming site. Not a full 48 hours before like this though. It says it's 1080p too!

Yeah the quality of it is good, only one set of subtitles and they looked garbled as they were all vowels, but there were no Valerian conversations in the episode so a lack of English subtitles isn't an issue.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15569 on: October 21, 2022, 09:00:02 pm »
Yeah the quality of it is good, only one set of subtitles and they looked garbled as they were all vowels, but there were no Valerian conversations in the episode so a lack of English subtitles isn't an issue.

Yeah it’s fine, just finished the episode.

Won’t comment on the finale till it’s aired properly, Even with spoiler tags I don’t think it’s fair to do so.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15570 on: October 22, 2022, 11:57:02 am »
I have to say the amount of infighting going on in tumblr between those who support Team Green and Team Black, is quite amusing. I swear a lot of these people are neither understanding the book or the show. I have said before, you don’t know what the actual truth is to a lot of events that happen in this story.  That is because it’s written by on one side the Maesters (who hate the Targaryens) and the other main source is Rhaenya’s court jester Mushroom, who despises Alicent and her mob. Therefore, all you get are insinuations of what is said to have happened and the events leading up to them. It’s why I have really enjoyed it, as you see the choices they make through the show.

I have to say I don’t especially like anyone in this and I usually find it hard to watch a show where I can’t identify with any character. But this I find I can just sit back and see the choices they make as they go along, without feeling any real emotion of what happens to any of the characters. I would say the majority of these characters are quite ruthless and prepared to go to the end, to get what they desire. The other thing of course, is that history is written by the winners. Look at the way Richard III was insulted by the likes of Shakespeare and those who backed the Tudors.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15571 on: October 22, 2022, 12:16:55 pm »
I have to say the amount of infighting going on in tumblr between those who support Team Green and Team Black, is quite amusing. I swear a lot of these people are neither understanding the book or the show. I have said before, you don’t know what the actual truth is to a lot of events that happen in this story.  That is because it’s written by on one side the Maesters (who hate the Targaryens) and the other main source is Rhaenya’s court jester Mushroom, who despises Alicent and her mob. Therefore, all you get are insinuations of what is said to have happened and the events leading up to them. It’s why I have really enjoyed it, as you see the choices they make through the show.

I have to say I don’t especially like anyone in this and I usually find it hard to watch a show where I can’t identify with any character. But this I find I can just sit back and see the choices they make as they go along, without feeling any real emotion of what happens to any of the characters. I would say the majority of these characters are quite ruthless and prepared to go to the end, to get what they desire. The other thing of course, is that history is written by the winners. Look at the way Richard III was insulted by the likes of Shakespeare and those who backed the Tudors.

The biggest shock for me is that there are still people on tumblr.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15572 on: October 22, 2022, 12:24:41 pm »
The biggest shock for me is that there are still people on tumblr.

Thousands mate, thousands of us.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15573 on: October 22, 2022, 12:33:36 pm »
Thousands mate, thousands of us.

It might be genius, I doubt anyone gives enough of a fuck about tumblr to bother flooding it with bots, it might just be the last true bastion of honest discourse (apart from rawk of course).

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15574 on: October 22, 2022, 12:41:06 pm »
It might be genius, I doubt anyone gives enough of a fuck about tumblr to bother flooding it with bots, it might just be the last true bastion of honest discourse (apart from rawk of course).

A lot of interesting people post on tumblr though. On the whole the people are fine, I have quite a few pals on there. You get flare ups like any platform but they are easy to block.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #15575 on: October 22, 2022, 03:13:44 pm »
just binged it

loved it

yep hell of a slow burn but im fine with that as good main cast and writing (matt smith aside, dude can't act i struggle to watch him, but that's just me), and season 2 is set up perfectly

and the Targaryen aesthetic makes me smile, gestapo meets vampire is a wonderful sight

shout out to Paddy Considine as Viserys, absolutely superb, some really good performances throughout the season but his stood out the most for me
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15576 on: October 22, 2022, 03:33:43 pm »
just binged it

loved it

yep hell of a slow burn but im fine with that as good main cast and writing (matt smith aside, dude can't act i struggle to watch him, but that's just me), and season 2 is set up perfectly

and the Targaryen aesthetic makes me smile, gestapo meets vampire is a wonderful sight

shout out to Paddy Considine as Viserys, absolutely superb, some really good performances throughout the season but his stood out the most for me

I am sending you outside to stand against a wall for ten minutes after that comment about Matt Smith. :o

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15577 on: October 22, 2022, 04:14:05 pm »
sorry dude, i know it's just me but i can see the wheels turning from his acting classes, so to speak, he's so fucking wooden and i can 'see' a guy acting

so i'll accept it's just me but yeah, watching him is a struggle and his character in this is soooo good i can only imagine what a top actor would've done, could have been epic

(i now morbius was a bad film but his part in that, god awful and that's pretty much how i see him all the time)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 04:17:04 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15578 on: October 22, 2022, 04:15:28 pm »
sorry dude, i know it's just me but i can see the wheels turning from his acting classes, so to speak, he's so fucking wooden and i can 'see' a guy acting

so i'll accept it's just me but yeah, watching him is a struggle and his character in this is soooo good i can only imagine what a top actor would've done, could have been epic

It's just opinions though. To most of the rest of the world he's doing an epic job with the character all the people I know who watch the show love him as Daemon.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15579 on: October 22, 2022, 04:19:25 pm »
It's just opinions though. To most of the rest of the world he's doing an epic job with the character all the people I know who watch the show love him as Daemon.

yep, i can imagine that is the case, my eye just sees it different, and all power to those who love him in this, they'll get more from him in this than me, which is a genuine pity from my point of view, cos the character is so good (i know it's name dropping but imagine willem defoe, michael keaton or alan rickman, forget their age/death for the moment, imagine them in that role, just oozing menace - and there other less profile actors i'd put in there but those were easy off the top of my head)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 04:28:04 pm by Armand9 »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15580 on: October 22, 2022, 04:37:05 pm »

I do.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #15581 on: October 22, 2022, 07:15:14 pm »
I think I get what you mean about smith.

I don't think I've ever bothered watching anything else he's been in so I've no pre-conceived ideas but there's just something 'off' about his performance. I wouldn't quite go so far as to say unconvincing but it's something.

it's not so much for me to really care about it though.

the show in general seems to be being enjoyed as well, and it always amuses me to see people thinking their circle is representative of everyone. I wouldn't say it's amazing but it's decent tv entertainment.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15582 on: October 22, 2022, 09:26:34 pm »
Spoiler
What did that final scene in episode 9 mean? I thought she was going to burn them all haha.
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #15583 on: October 23, 2022, 10:27:23 am »
Spoiler
What did that final scene in episode 9 mean? I thought she was going to burn them all haha.
[close]

Personally I'm hoping there's a bit of an explanation for that tonight because I think it's the one misstep in a spectacular season of TV so far.

From what I've heard and read this week it sounds like they just wanted a big spectacle to fit with the episode 9 trend from GOT and didn't really think it through properly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15584 on: October 23, 2022, 11:19:29 am »
Personally I'm hoping there's a bit of an explanation for that tonight because I think it's the one misstep in a spectacular season of TV so far.

From what I've heard and read this week it sounds like they just wanted a big spectacle to fit with the episode 9 trend from GOT and didn't really think it through properly.

If she’d just incinerated the ‘royal’ family there wouldn’t be much point in any more episodes. :D

When they dragged the pissed Aegon out of his hides hole he looked just like a young Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15585 on: October 23, 2022, 11:22:44 am »
If she’d just incinerated the ‘royal’ family there wouldn’t be much point in any more episodes. :D

When they dragged the pissed Aegon out of his hides hole he looked just like a young Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

I was sitting there thinking he reminded me of someone.  :lmao

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15586 on: October 23, 2022, 11:24:39 am »
Not really.

No Rhaenyra and Daemon was surprising in that episode.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15587 on: October 23, 2022, 11:25:24 am »
Hopefully not. They've been spot on this season.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15588 on: October 23, 2022, 11:27:25 am »
Not really.

No Rhaenyra and Daemon was surprising in that episode.

Aren’t they building up to a civil war? If the dragon had incinerated them Rhaenyra would claim the throne and they would all live happily ever after.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15589 on: October 23, 2022, 11:38:12 am »
Aren’t they building up to a civil war? If the dragon had incinerated them Rhaenyra would claim the throne and they would all live happily ever after.
No idea never read the books & can't remember if this was told in GoT.

You'd think though if she had incinerated them she'd want the throne as well ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15590 on: October 23, 2022, 11:57:52 am »
No idea never read the books & can't remember if this was told in GoT.

You'd think though if she had incinerated them she'd want the throne as well ;D
I tried to read one of the books.  It was the most poorly written book I have ever come across. Dire writing, I mean, George Lucas dialogue bad.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15591 on: October 23, 2022, 12:00:05 pm »
I tried to read one of the books.  It was the most poorly written book I have ever come across. Dire writing, I mean, George Lucas dialogue bad.

It's better hearing it audible.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #15592 on: October 23, 2022, 12:01:22 pm »
I've been quite generally disappointed in the quality of the cgi dragons in this series. kinda expected better.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #15593 on: October 23, 2022, 12:01:55 pm »
Is there anyone who knows what they're doing on Rhaenyra's side? She makes a lot of brain dead decisions.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 12:03:36 pm by BER »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15594 on: October 23, 2022, 12:03:25 pm »
Is there anyone who knows what they're doing on the Targ side? They make a lot of brain dead decisions.

The story is about the end of House Targaryen though, so a lot of brain-dead decision were made by both houses on this.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #15595 on: October 23, 2022, 12:03:53 pm »
I read a bit of one of them and some of the descriptions of Daenerys and drogo left me a bit uncomfortable. I know its a sign of the "medieval" times etc but reading about a 13 year old was just unsettling.
YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15596 on: October 23, 2022, 12:09:42 pm »
I read a bit of one of them and some of the descriptions of Daenerys and drogo left me a bit uncomfortable. I know its a sign of the "medieval" times etc but reading about a 13 year old was just unsettling.

It is unsettling, but true to life, sadly. Go back to the Battle of the Roses, Margaret Beaufort was 13/14 when she gave birth to Henry Tudor in 1457. Her husband was in his 40's I think, the birth wrecked her chance of having any more children, as she wasn't physically ready for the birth.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15597 on: October 23, 2022, 01:00:12 pm »

that's exactly what they did and it made no sense whatsoever - tho visually an awesome scene and if it was story appropriate to pyro the lot of them would've been red wedding epic, but as it wasn't, absolutely pointless and stupid and beneath the quality of the show in general

im hoping it's a mistake they learn from going forward in subsequent seasons, they've got a lot more right than what they've got wrong and what they can garner from that mistake is that story trumps spectacle. Story appropriate spectacle can be spine-chillingly wonderful but it is the story that has to do the heavy lifting, let the spectacle deliver the coup de grâce, GOT at it's very best demonstrated that perfectly, all the fan wants really is that it all makes sense within its world, and then we'll buy in to anything. That's the art of suspending disbelief.

And then there is this - showrunner Ryan Condal said, “She knows if she sets fire to that dais, she ends any possibility of war and probably sets peace throughout the Realm, but I think probably doesn’t want to be responsible for doing that to another mother"

Yeah... milk of the poppy talk kicking in there

on a more technical sidenote - i hope someone has a word with the fucking director that likes to shoot his nightscenes in daylight then colour grading to make them look like night, as i cant see fuckall and apparently no one else can unless they own an OLED tv, he did it in GOT (you know that battle where you cant see fuckall) and he done it with the dragon/beach scene in HOD. After all the hard work is done you'd think they'd want us to see it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 01:28:08 pm by Armand9 »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15598 on: October 23, 2022, 01:24:06 pm »
It is unsettling, but true to life, sadly. Go back to the Battle of the Roses, Margaret Beaufort was 13/14 when she gave birth to Henry Tudor in 1457. Her husband was in his 40's I think, the birth wrecked her chance of having any more children, as she wasn't physically ready for the birth.

A remarkable woman. She saw Her son on to the throne and lived long enough to see her grandson, Henry VIII crowned.

I enjoy the similarities to the Plantagenets/War of the Roses politics and back stabbing in this and GOT in preference to the more ethereal goings on in the Rings of Power.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15599 on: October 23, 2022, 01:28:25 pm »
There is going to be plenty of scenes of fire and blood in the seasons ahead and dragon battles over endless places. I personally enjoyed the scene, yes, she could have burnt everyone in the room, but I kind of enjoyed that she used her head in this instance. The Greens were relying on keeping the truth from the Blacks for as long as possible, but now they know it will all kick off big style as they will know exactly what she will do next. Just because GOT had endless scenes of this nature doesn't mean they have to do the same. This is Rhaenys facing Alicent and saying the battle is about to be drawn, you could see how it affected the Greens who were all shaken.