Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 306209 times)

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #1640 on: April 24, 2009, 01:57:47 pm »
Can someone post on .tv for me?  ask if aylesbyred is anticipating anything or is he just been taking the piss all along?  There seems to be still a certain cockiness to his posts like he is lapping it up.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=101929&page=13
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1641 on: April 24, 2009, 01:58:56 pm »
Ahh bless him though, I dont think he undertands all that has gone on.

Yes that is what happens when you view things through Hicks tinted spectacles ;D
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
« Reply #1642 on: April 24, 2009, 01:59:24 pm »
Be patient, still 10 hrs of today left.. Could be just crossing the t's and doting the I's.

Have to stay of the special fags!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1643 on: April 24, 2009, 02:01:05 pm »
Look.....

Some bloke with a tea towel on his head gets shown around the club and people put 2+2 together and make 6.

This is as likely to be a ruse by H&G to drum up interest as anything else.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1644 on: April 24, 2009, 02:01:07 pm »

Indeed you do.

And the bank are probably getting a bit jittery, because they've now realised that the car you told them was worth £9k is actually only worth £2k ;)

Mate I dont even have a car, I have a travelcard!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #1645 on: April 24, 2009, 02:02:07 pm »
Mate I dont even have a car, I have a travelcard!
Transport that fits in the wallet!

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1646 on: April 24, 2009, 02:05:48 pm »
Look.....

Some bloke with a tea towel on his head gets shown around the club and people put 2+2 together and make 6.

This is as likely to be a ruse by H&G to drum up interest as anything else.

We are slowly gathering information on this guy it seems, we know the following,

1  He wears a long black trenchcoat
2  He wears dark glasses, (possibly shades)
3  He has a tea towel on his head

We are narrowing this down nicely.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #1647 on: April 24, 2009, 02:07:22 pm »

We are slowly gathering information on this guy it seems, we know the following,

1  He wears a long black trenchcoat
2  He wears dark glasses, (possibly shades)
3  He has a tea towel on his head

We are narrowing this down nicely.
They could have been those new reaction glasses from specsavers so may appeared as normal glasses in the night.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1648 on: April 24, 2009, 02:10:09 pm »

??? :rollseyes ???

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1649 on: April 24, 2009, 02:11:18 pm »
Spinning....I canno take it anymore

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1650 on: April 24, 2009, 02:16:57 pm »
this thread should be locked. f all is gonna be announced today. theres 3 months before the deadline, and any announcement will be made after the season ends.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: April 24, 2009, 02:19:37 pm »
this thread should be locked. f all is gonna be announced today. theres 3 months before the deadline, and any announcement will be made after the season ends.

So is he going to anounce he's selling Texas Rangers? :)

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1652 on: April 24, 2009, 02:20:41 pm »
Agree should be locked now. Talking complete B****** should have a special thread.
 :butt

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: April 24, 2009, 02:21:11 pm »

Mr mod, I think you are on the wrong forum. If this thread offends you please don't visit it. It is very simple really.
― Steven Weinberg

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1654 on: April 24, 2009, 02:26:48 pm »
In 4pools world...I go by the facts.

That is why I have said in two seperate posts---if the article is true.

Regardless of G&H having guarantees for some of the loan and they do it's just the amount in question, that means that they are on the hook for their portion.

It also means the banks portion of the loan is less than the full amount. Hence, lower interest payments to meet.

I realize simplifying things puts me in a bad light due to the group think that has gone on for 18 months or so but I am just interested in the facts of the loan.

Lastly, new owners are not going to be sugar daddy's and dump huge amounts of personal cash into the club--imho. They will put guarantees in place themselves. And like Roman it may be in the form of some cash loans. Then again it may not. but guarantees means the club can draw down from them when necessary. So at some point it can become cash to the club.

Regardless though, new owners will want their money back at some point and in some fashion. They won't accept 0% return annually. So any money paid back to them means the clubs accounts are reduced by that amount.

New owners may take higher amounts out to repay themselves. Or they might not. The future is uncertain until it happens.

That is 4pool world.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #1655 on: April 24, 2009, 02:30:00 pm »

It also means the banks portion of the loan is less than the full amount. Hence, lower interest payments to meet.

That is 4pool world.

Can you explain this to me please?

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: April 24, 2009, 02:35:12 pm »

The interest payments are made based upon the amount of money borrowed. The guarantees given don't come into the equation until the interest payments cannot be met.
― Steven Weinberg

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1657 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:18 pm »

I Know one thing that is strange. the ticket freeze hasn't appeared anywhere bar .TV r the echo.. even everton got a mention when they frooze the price.

In economic terms. The first thing people do if they need money is put the prices up.(Look at the government),  first thing banks generally say to you is how much you charging. So what's with them 2...

What r they softning the blow for. (you know give you something before they take)

Sell a player r 2, The training ground...Shared stadium.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:39:22 pm by reddwarf12003 »

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: April 24, 2009, 02:38:02 pm »

Lastly, new owners are not going to be sugar daddy's and dump huge amounts of personal cash into the club--imho. They will put guarantees in place themselves. And like Roman it may be in the form of some cash loans. Then again it may not.

That is 4pool world.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline 4H_Poker

• Anny Roader
  • Lost - but making good time !
« Reply #1659 on: April 24, 2009, 02:39:29 pm »
Can you explain this to me please?

Me too ... Cuz if this is the way it works ... Can I borrow a car loan from you, 4pool ? .. I'll guarantee 100% of it ... that should get me an interest free loan, right ?
YNWA

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #1660 on: April 24, 2009, 02:40:23 pm »
The interest payments are made based upon the amount of money borrowed. The guarantees given don't come into the equation until the interest payments cannot be met.

This is my understanding too.
Basic as that is.

A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: April 24, 2009, 02:40:28 pm »

What r they softning the blow for. (you know give you something before they take)

That's a very good point. It seems very much against everything that appears to be going on with the two of them. The more you think about it the more suspicious and worried you could get.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #1662 on: April 24, 2009, 02:41:21 pm »

Is that even a bad thing?
IMO the current time is not the time to be announcing any big changes regarding ownership.
Let the season end and give the lads the attention now
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #1663 on: April 24, 2009, 02:41:46 pm »

Having read your posts in the past, I would say you look at the facts when it suits your purpose. Other times you make as many assumptions as others. So join the club!

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #1664 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:20 pm »
Me too ... Cuz if this is the way it works ... Can I borrow a car loan from you, 4pool ? .. I'll guarantee 100% of it ... that should get me an interest free loan, right ?

that Bentley I have had my eye on..... I will have it ;)

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:25 pm »

I Know one thing that is strange. the ticket freeze hasn't appeared anywhere bar .TV r the echo.. even everton got a mention when they frooze the price.

In economic terms. The first thing people do if they need money is put the prices up.(Look at the government),  first thing banks generally say to you is how much you charging. So what's with them 2...

Depends on the type of product and its 'elasticity' as to what effect price increases have on revenue.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1666 on: April 24, 2009, 02:47:50 pm »
You know what i mean though, you put £2 a game would be the same a scum £1 or there abouts. Its weird

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1667 on: April 24, 2009, 02:50:36 pm »
Mr mod, I think you are on the wrong forum. If this thread offends you please don't visit it. It is very simple really.

doesnt it even both you that people are spreading nonsense around. most of it is utter bs and peoples hopes get up and then flattened.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1668 on: April 24, 2009, 02:53:35 pm »
Is that even a bad thing?
IMO the current time is not the time to be announcing any big changes regarding ownership.
Let the season end and give the lads the attention now

Regi, I agree with what your saying, and thats how it will play out. So when people post stuff and then it gets taken as gospel and people believe it, it does not help. So many people thought there was gonna be a announcement today...

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: April 24, 2009, 02:54:58 pm »
Right you lot want hard facts, here's some hard facts for you :-

:)

football-rumours.com:

LFC:
I work for a large financial establishment, and the company has, on the request of the current Liverpool owners, been working on various ways to refinance the club, to release more funds – After months of trying and approaching several different banks, we have drawn a blank (no–one wants to take the risk) – So, the only option is to sell. the good news is, that there are three genuine offers on the table – All for similar amounts and all promising to fund the new stadium and release funds for transfers (in the region of £35m)– The Americans are reluctant to sell to DIC, as they have not been impressed with recent dealings, so it is potentially down to two, being a consortium from Kuwait plus a new bidder which is being fronted (but not solely funded) by none other than Richard Branson. He loves the idea of having his Virgin branding flashed all over the globe in an instant ! So, watch this space ! Fact – not rumour
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1670 on: April 24, 2009, 02:56:25 pm »
 9hrs and hopes fading.  :butt

WOW

Offline Stevo75

• Anny Roader
  • How do you like them apples!
« Reply #1671 on: April 24, 2009, 02:59:12 pm »

football-rumours.com:

LFC:
I work for a large financial establishment, and the company has, on the request of the current Liverpool owners, been working on various ways to refinance the club, to release more funds – After months of trying and approaching several different banks, we have drawn a blank (no–one wants to take the risk) – So, the only option is to sell. the good news is, that there are three genuine offers on the table – All for similar amounts and all promising to fund the new stadium and release funds for transfers (in the region of £35m)– The Americans are reluctant to sell to DIC, as they have not been impressed with recent dealings, so it is potentially down to two, being a consortium from Kuwait plus a new bidder which is being fronted (but not solely funded) by none other than Richard Branson. He loves the idea of having his Virgin branding flashed all over the globe in an instant ! So, watch this space ! Fact – not rumour

Arf.
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Bill Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: "Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!"

Offline MolbysBigBelly

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1672 on: April 24, 2009, 03:00:37 pm »
Which means that for a long time people have thought the loan amount from the banks was for the full £350m. Which if not true and G&H have "guaranteed" £180m worth , means the banks are due a lot less in  interest payments, no?

4pool, can you stop talking complete and utter shite please.

We know you can't help defending Hicks, but FFS, this is too much.

The word was that they each put in £7m of their own cash.  The rest was loans, guaranteed against their assets.  They did not actually cough up £90m each.  They do not and never did have £90m each laying around in spare change.
"I believed them fellas."
Thank you, Mr. Moores.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1673 on: April 24, 2009, 03:03:33 pm »

football-rumours.com:

LFC:

Is this 100% no BS

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1674 on: April 24, 2009, 03:04:00 pm »

football-rumours.com:

LFC:

My head was hurting earlier, seems the laughing i've just done has sorted it

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: April 24, 2009, 03:05:21 pm »

football-rumours.com:

LFC:

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :jester

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: April 24, 2009, 03:05:53 pm »

Is this 100% no BS

Look at the name of the web site, gives you a little clue...............
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:07 pm »
Thanks for the info Guyko. Could all be falling apart even as we post on this hopeful spring day... & I am glad I've been out till now. Saved from the curse of F5 and wanting to punch 4pool.

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1679 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:58 pm »
doesnt it even both you that people are spreading nonsense around. most of it is utter bs and peoples hopes get up and then flattened.

I understand what you are saying, but it is for the reader to make their own mind up as to what they choose to believe, and with respect maj,  you have made claims on your other forum, and on here that have not been backed up by any evidence. 
― Steven Weinberg