Author Topic: Breaking Bad *please use spoiler tags*  (Read 268363 times)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #400 on: October 14, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »
Avoided it for thriteen weeks and have done the series in the last three days.

It was good but I thought it was the weakest season by far.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2011, 08:52:18 am »
Avoided it for thriteen weeks and have done the series in the last three days.

It was good but I thought it was the weakest season by far.

Agreed. It only really picked around halfway through but the last few episodes were fantastic. Season 2 still the best for  me.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #402 on: October 17, 2011, 07:23:25 pm »
Randonly heard about it the other day - Just seen ep 1...looks like it could be a good show
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2011, 10:22:09 pm »
looks like it could be a good show

Understatement of the year  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »
Randonly heard about it the other day - Just seen ep 1...looks like it could be a good show
What channel is it on?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #405 on: October 17, 2011, 10:44:37 pm »
I know walt, Jessie and Gus get all the acting plaudits but Hector deserves them too. It must be difficult to have your face moving like that all the time.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #406 on: October 18, 2011, 02:28:29 pm »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #407 on: October 19, 2011, 12:01:49 am »
s02e03 already lol

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: October 19, 2011, 12:27:09 am »
That Gus scene was absolutely stupid. Other than that season 4 was brilliant.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #409 on: October 19, 2011, 04:21:22 pm »
Boss show, I would even go as far as one of the best ever. Should end here and leave it be - that way it will end on the highest of highs.

The amount of US shows that have the tendency to 'over-do' it is unreal. Lost, Scrubs and one of my all time favourite shows Prison Break all should have ended much earlier.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:58:34 pm by G a r y »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: October 19, 2011, 05:47:46 pm »
$$$

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #411 on: October 19, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »
Yep.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #412 on: October 19, 2011, 07:00:50 pm »
9.4 on IMDB too. Which is more than the likes of Sons of anarchy :o and on the level of sopranos

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 19, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »
Season 5 is the last isn't it?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #414 on: October 19, 2011, 08:48:42 pm »
aye.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #415 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:02 pm »
9.4 on IMDB too. Which is more than the likes of Sons of anarchy :o and on the level of sopranos
Better than both of those.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #416 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:47 am »
Started watching on Netflix about a month ago.  Finally finished season 4.

Unbelievable episode. I feel like my brain exploded at the end.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #417 on: January 8, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »
I'm midway through series 3, this is fucking immense.

I didn't think anything could live up to the Wire in terms of compelling viewing but I'm completely immersed in it. Afraid to read through this thread for fear of spoilers but I will when I get through season 4.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, just go and buy/downlaod season 1 and I can guaranatee you won't regret it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Calciotore

• Legacy Fan
  • Ho scelto di scendere in campo
« Reply #418 on: January 9, 2012, 02:16:02 pm »
I've just started on Season 2.

So far so fucking good.

Ace stuff indeed!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 9, 2012, 02:59:52 pm »
When's it back?

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: January 9, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »
Gaah still have Season 1 to watch on DVD. Its been in my room for months, I always forget to give it a go.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 12, 2012, 05:20:37 am »
I'm so jealous of all you folks who are watching all of this show for the first time.  I wish I could somehow rewatch it a second time through as if I'd never seen it before.  It'd be an amazing feeling watching through it again naive to all the crazy stuff that goes on.

Was on vacation recently and I got my sister in law to start watching it.  She's hooked and got through the first two seasons in about 5 days or so, but now that we're back she's busy again working and being a mother so I suspect season 3 will take a while for her.  Anyway I watched a few episodes of season 2 with her and it was funny because she could guess some things would happen, but they always happened in completely different ways than she was expecting.  that's just one of the awesome things about this show.

Can't wait for season 5.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #422 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:46 am »
Shows like this are why I think tv has overtaken movies in the last few years.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Online 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2012, 10:46:09 am »
I'm so jealous of all you folks who are watching all of this show for the first time.  I wish I could somehow rewatch it a second time through as if I'd never seen it before.  It'd be an amazing feeling watching through it again naive to all the crazy stuff that goes on.

Was on vacation recently and I got my sister in law to start watching it.  She's hooked and got through the first two seasons in about 5 days or so, but now that we're back she's busy again working and being a mother so I suspect season 3 will take a while for her.  Anyway I watched a few episodes of season 2 with her and it was funny because she could guess some things would happen, but they always happened in completely different ways than she was expecting.  that's just one of the awesome things about this show.

Can't wait for season 5.

I had this as well to a degree. I'd got up to about Ep 8 of season 3 & despite me telling the GF how great it was she never bothered watching it, then day or two after boxing day she decided she wanted to see the first episode... ended up watching about 3 & by the time I went back to work on the 5th Jan we'd watched the lot.

Was great listening to what she thought was going to happen in the episodes I'd seen without her, some she was spot on with but others was way off the mark

Loved this show, best thing on TV & the 'Fly' episode in season 4 with Walt & Jesse in the lab was so tense... the whole time wondering if he was going to let slip what happened with Jane, would he have another 'second cell phone' moment

What great actors Cranston & Aaron Paul are
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2012, 10:48:47 am »
Love it, but Season 3 and 4 (esp 4) are much weaker script-wise than 1 and 2. Session 4 improves towards the end, thankfully.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2012, 12:24:08 am »
There is no legal way to see season 3 in the UK I think.

Which is a pain

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:02 pm »
There is no legal way to see season 3 in the UK I think.

Which is a pain

It's all available in amazon.com (DVD/Blu-ray) any issues with shipping this?
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2012, 06:53:07 pm »
It's all available in amazon.com (DVD/Blu-ray) any issues with shipping this?

It's for my mum who doesn't have a multi region DVD

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2012, 07:19:18 pm »
On season 3 now and just watched episode 10 (Fly). For an episode that is pretty much restricted to the two characters on the same set it really is brilliant, Bryan Cranston's acting for Walt's introspection in that episode is amazing.

Offline BigJumper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #429 on: January 16, 2012, 11:45:56 pm »
Just about to put the very first episode on now, my bird has watched the first 4 tonight already, so I'm playing catch up.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2012, 10:18:51 am »
On season 3 now and just watched episode 10 (Fly). For an episode that is pretty much restricted to the two characters on the same set it really is brilliant, Bryan Cranston's acting for Walt's introspection in that episode is amazing.

Watched it over a year ago and the tension that Walt in his dreamy state might give the game away to Jesse about the dreadful deed he'd done still makes me palpitate.   ;D

Offline Metallinick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2012, 06:07:39 am »
Just finished Season 3 and about to start on Season 4 tonight. have got through 3 season in just under two weeks.
Have seen every series of Sons Of Anarchy and Breaking bad is so much better in all areas. I'm kind of happy I left this last to watch.

Nothing more to say about this show except WOW!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2012, 11:05:04 pm »
So while I've gotten into the show for a good while, I've only caught up with season 3 a few months back, and season 4 since xmas.

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague because of the temptation of spoilers.

I've caught up now. Watched the final two episodes of S4 tonight, and all I can think is 'Oh. My. God.'
It's utterly stupendous.

The character arc of Walter White is quite unlike anyone I've ever seen in a mainstream tv show. So much so that I'll be forced into watching the 1st season again. After watching that last episode, and especially the parts where
Spoiler
- he shoots the two guys in the lab, barely even noticing the blood spatter on his face and
 - he calmly announces to Skyler that 'I've won', as if he's been involved in a particularly long running chess match, instead of being responsible for blowing up 3 people in a nursing home 
[close]
makes me wonder: Was Walter ever really 'good' all along?  (and sorry to break into simplistic 'good' and 'bad' stereotypes).

I think that Walter at the beginning of S1 was someone completely bound up with the expectations of normal society - get a job, get married, have kids, buy a house etc. But what happens if, one by one, these don't match up to your expectations? - well you'd be in a rut at the least, or become depressed, as Walt was.
What the cancer diagnosis gave him was a way of breaking free of those expectations, and act with the morality of someone who thinks he's going to die soon. Which is to say, with no morality.
Maybe Walter hasn't 'broke bad', as Jesse suggests in S1. Maybe the 'bad' was always in him, but just bound up by the constraints of society and morality.
Spoiler
Because, is it possible to transform yourself from someone who uses his knowledge to make some illegal money for his family when he's dead, to becoming such a cold blooded assassin, without that being inherently 'inside you'?  Compare Jesse's reaction in the opening of S4 after he's killed Gale - he slumps into a spiral of self-loathing and depression.  Walter, on the other hand, is smug and boastful at the turn of events at the end. 
[close]

I'll be back to post more later.  What a phenomenal show.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2012, 03:32:38 am »
@ Ray K

Spoiler
I think you're probably right to a degree.  The cancer diagnosis probably was indeed a sort of catalyst for Walt to break free of everyday worries and and not fear death anymore, because whether it be through this money-making, drug-selling venture or through the cancer, he's, as far as he knows, going to die one way or the other... so he might as well use his brilliance to make enough money for his family to never worry about anything financially ever again before he kicks the bucket.  But... Bryan Cranston gives a REALLY good interview here explaining how he approaches Walt and his transformation from 'good' to 'bad' and i believe his take on it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG-brQgpeKk

As far as Walt not really batting an eye after murdering a few people while it chewed Jesse up after killing Gale, I think he just understands that conditions change and if he doesn't take the actions he does, he will die and possibly his family too.  Walt cannot dwell on his actions because he simply HAD to do what he did, and he just knows that.  I also think he sort of learned a ruthlessness after having to kill Krazy 8 in season 1.  He had kind of a hard time after he did that, but once again he simply had to.  It chewed him up at the time, but it's not going to now in season 4 just because he thoroughly understands the situation and does what he must, or he will die.  There's no time for sympathy - sympathy is dangerous.  This attitude gives him an edge - a bit of a feeling of power.  It's the attitude that allowed him to beat Gus, and if he beat Gus he can beat anyone, so yeah, of course he's feeling a little boastful and smug about what he's done.  He won - not just in terms of killing Gus, but in terms of securing his own and his family's safety.  The nightmare is over... for now *cue season 5*

[close]

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: January 25, 2012, 03:36:01 am »
Boss show, I would even go as far as one of the best ever.
\

The wire says no.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2012, 03:47:02 am »
\

The wire says no.
the wire says breaking bad isn't near the top?

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2012, 03:53:20 am »
the wire says breaking bad isn't near the top?

The Wire is the single greatest television series of all time. The only thing that can rival it is The Sopranos. I'm as much a Breaking Bad fan as anyone but it can't hold a candle to those two shows.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2012, 04:00:35 am »
The Wire is the single greatest television series of all time. The only thing that can rival it is The Sopranos. I'm as much a Breaking Bad fan as anyone but it can't hold a candle to those two shows.
brilliant, but that doesn't exclude it from being "one of the best ever" which is what you disagreed with. And not something I necessarily agree with.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:15 am »
My apologies, I read it as 'the best ever'  :-[

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2012, 04:10:25 am »
My apologies, I read it as 'the best ever'  :-[
When you come at the king, you best not miss.