Author Topic: Breaking Bad *please use spoiler tags*  (Read 268380 times)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »
Gets better an better every episode cant wait for the finale.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2011, 09:58:59 pm »
Possible spoiler alert.

Unbelievable episode, anyone know how much Walt was said to earn a year though? Just not sure why he seems to have such little money left when he was on $6mil a year IIRC and Gus had already paid him $1.2mil for his stock when he first met him.. And I guess he's only spent near to $1.2mil with the condo and Ted money.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:03:28 pm by Frank. »

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2011, 11:54:08 pm »
Possible spoiler alert.

Unbelievable episode, anyone know how much Walt was said to earn a year though? Just not sure why he seems to have such little money left when he was on $6mil a year IIRC and Gus had already paid him $1.2mil for his stock when he first met him.. And I guess he's only spent near to $1.2mil with the condo and Ted money.

They said it was 7 million a couple episodes ago. I didnt get how they dont have any cash...
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2011, 11:57:02 pm »
Really wished I kept up with this series.

Watch the first half of series one and Tracy hated it so never watched any more.

Spoiler
Under the thumb but she won't take broadwalk empire away from me.
[close]
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #324 on: September 27, 2011, 06:34:58 am »
He's paying for physiotherapy and cancer treatment too, am guessing that can run into millions.

Saulle's on about 15% as well or something I think.
hi

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #325 on: September 27, 2011, 09:15:21 am »
fuck me what an episode.......tremendous stuff
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:42 am »
Just watched the most recent episode - wow. Not sure whats going to happen now, I think we're in for a treat with the next episode!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2011, 10:38:18 am »
very good episode....and nicely setting up for a great finale!!! as other people are saying, the only thing that annoyed me is that "he's broke". how in god's name is he broke if he makes about 1million every cook????

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2011, 11:39:50 am »
Was seriously sat there during the last 10 minutes gripping the arms of my settee. Unbelievable episode, and I think Cranston's got next year's Emmy sewn up already. Best 45 minutes of TV this year, and I didn't think I'd say after watching Game Of Thrones.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2011, 12:17:06 pm »
very good episode....and nicely setting up for a great finale!!! as other people are saying, the only thing that annoyed me is that "he's broke". how in god's name is he broke if he makes about 1million every cook????

Gambling.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2011, 05:38:02 pm »
He isn't broke. He just doesn't have enough to pay his lawyer and the other fella to disappear. Remember, he's been secretly paying for Hank's treatment, bought off his house, bought an apartment, bought a car wash, and his wife gave the guts of 1 million to the eejit who owes the IRS money. He still had to earn the rest of the big money that he was contracted to Guss with.

What an episode the last one was. BB at it's very best. That diving header into the cabinet scene had me in stitches laughing at the randomness of it.

Offline Alphaville

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lucas Lover
« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2011, 05:46:37 pm »
Absolutely brilliant episode.  That ending sent chills down my spine. 
Check out my friend's band Fevers and their new EP (free to download): http://fevers.bandcamp.com/

Pheeny

« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2011, 06:51:37 pm »
they are also paying for Hanks treatment.

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2011, 07:32:52 pm »
also I don´t think he got all the money at once.. He´s making 7 million a year right? He hasn´t been working for Gus for that long has he? Also he wasn´t payed as much in the beginning of their partnership so I don´t think there´s anything strange with the amount of money they have..
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2011, 12:32:09 am »
just watched 11.......oh my lord. what a climax........walt's crazed laugh as skylar runs down the hall to the phone to marie! This is on another level entirely.I knew they'd have to outdo themselves (the writers) but still it manages to shock and amaze while you watch!

Can this get any better??? theyve still got another full series after this one! this feels as though its the last the way its going........all of this i thought wouldve been saved for the final series

ive a funny feeling that jessie's girlfriend and kid could somehow come out the worst in this yet......

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2011, 06:36:27 am »
phew.  what an unbelievable episode.  the maniacal laughing in the crawl space while everything, all the different angles come to light was so fucked up but awesome.  bryan cranston is amazing. 

i was also wondering how he didn't have enough money to pay saul and the make-you-disappear guy, but i suppose they are paying for a lot of stuff:  still paying for walt's cancer-related treatment, hank's treatment/physical therapy, $800k+ for the car wash, $617k to beneke, walt jr's car (small payment compared to the rest, but still), saul's 15% (or whatever) on everything he does for them, walt's apartment (bought, not renting month to month)... that's just off the top of my head and that's probably at least a few million right there.  walt is supposed to make about $15,000,000 a year from gus - i remember their conversation; it went from 3 million for 3 months of walt's time, then he got him to commit to a yearly salary which logically turns into 12 million for 12 months, and then gus said let's round it up to 15 million.  i don't think he's been working for gus for a year; it's hard to guess how long he HAS worked for him though.  maybe 5 months or so?  i can't remember if that's 5 months since the first payment of 3mil/3 months (which would mean he's earned about 8 million so far), or 5 months including that first payment of 3 mil/3 months (meaning he's earned 5 million so far).  another thing to consider is that walt and jesse were 50/50 partners.  that might mean that walt only makes 7.5 million per year, which would make this money problem they have make a lot more sense.  i guess the key to figuring out how much money the Whites have is to remember when Skyler found out how much money she had to launder through the car wash.  she was shocked at the time and said it was too much... wish i could remember how much...

one guess i HAVE to make is that jesse will play a role in the death of gus.  i just feel like all this gus-turning-jesse-against-walt will end up with jesse turning against gus.  jesse will be in a prime position to do something like that eventually if he continues to climb the hierarchy of gus' henchmen.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:40:09 am by IndianaRed »

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »
Nice write up IR.......I too think there's going to be a lethal confrontation between Jesse and Gus.....first thought would be Jesse doing him in....but with this show you just dont know...thats the beauty of it

cant wait for next week's and the finale
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2011, 12:25:23 pm »
i love that there's still two more episodes in this season, given that these last few episodes have already been so utterly spectacular.  how much further will it go?!  i'm sure the writers will keep outdoing themselves which really is the amazing part.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:27:28 pm by IndianaRed »

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2011, 08:51:28 pm »
I'd imagine most of the money went on the car wash and Hanks treatment. Saul must be on a few quid and of course his bird fucked him over with Ted! I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Jesse again in the next ep begging him for the money.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:53:54 pm by 5BigCups »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:02 pm »
Nice write up IR.......I too think there's going to be a lethal confrontation between Jesse and Gus.....first thought would be Jesse doing him in....but with this show you just dont know...thats the beauty of it

cant wait for next week's and the finale
Edit - Should spoiler this...

Spoiler
I think it could be Mike, hypothetically. The first episode of this series could have set thoughts in his mind when Gus made an example with that box cutter. The fact that after he got shot and was more or less left to die and Jess had to save his life could prove to be decisive in his decision making later on. He'll definitely take to Jess a lot more and be more on his side.
[close]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:27:37 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #340 on: September 30, 2011, 12:26:48 am »
Edit - Should spoiler this...

Spoiler
I think it could be Mike, hypothetically. The first episode of this series could have set thoughts in his mind when Gus made an example with that box cutter. The fact that after he got shot and was more or less left to die and Jess had to save his life could prove to be decisive in his decision making later on. He'll definitely take to Jess a lot more and be more on his side.
[close]

Spoiler
i was just thinkin this today as well, if anyone is up to killing gus its mike.......the fact that he was initially neglected in the surgeory had to mean something....whether he kills gus or not who knows.it then begs the question of who would take over the business seeing as gus has all the contacts? or do they need the cartel anymore? probably not,but they do need the american contacts he has!..........why am i even bothering trying to predict what the writers of this show will actaully do haha!
[close]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:30:08 am by MarkML »

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 30, 2011, 12:56:51 am »
i love that there's still two more episodes in this season, given that these last few episodes have already been so utterly spectacular.  how much further will it go?!  i'm sure the writers will keep outdoing themselves which really is the amazing part.

Vince Gilligan, the creator of the show, said that there's one more season and then that's it. There's speculation that, as the final season will be 16 episodes, AMC may split this into 2 seasons of 8 episodes each.

Sad, but at least it'll get to go out on a high. Can't even imagine where else they can go over another 18 episodes.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: September 30, 2011, 04:09:16 am »
Vince Gilligan, the creator of the show, said that there's one more season and then that's it. There's speculation that, as the final season will be 16 episodes, AMC may split this into 2 seasons of 8 episodes each.

Sad, but at least it'll get to go out on a high. Can't even imagine where else they can go over another 18 episodes.

aye, sorry, i didn't mean literally how much further will it go, i meant how much more extreme and intense can this season get given that these past few episodes have been so superb.  knowing how the writers of this show tend to be, i'm sure it'll be even more crazy and amazing than we thought it could be, as usual  ;D

it is a bit sad there's just one more season to go, but i feel like it's the perfect amount of time really.  given the pacing of this show, one more season just seems perfect to conclude all the different story lines as they all start to intersect.  as this season of BB ends i'll be increasing my viewing of Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, and a few other shows so i've a lot to look forward to over the next several weeks
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:13:24 am by IndianaRed »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #343 on: October 3, 2011, 12:43:45 am »
Again, I delayed and watched a cluster of episodes together. It's brilliant, it's intense. Gus is absolutely despicable, and absolutely brilliant. He will also be as dead as Gale come seasons end. I think Walts cancer is back, based upon the cough he gave right before the giggle at the end of the last episode. As someone else said,those giggles wouldmakefor a superb Joker. Skyler is superb again. Walt jr is peripheral and the Ted plot was a bit pointless.

The last few episodes are going to be magnificent. Brian Cranston, and the actors playing Jesse, Gus and Mike are absolutely incredible.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 3, 2011, 02:11:53 pm »
just watched episode 12. absolutely brilliant, even better than episode 11. and that takes some beating...a brilliant finale ahead!!! can't wait for next sunday!!!!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #345 on: October 3, 2011, 03:21:32 pm »
THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THING EVER!

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #346 on: October 4, 2011, 01:00:26 am »
This is unbelievable TV.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 4, 2011, 02:25:04 am »
Amazing, cant wait for the finale now.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline kurt85

• Main Stander
« Reply #348 on: October 4, 2011, 02:48:32 pm »
The characters that portray Gus Fring, Walter White and Jesse Pinkman all deserve emmy awards

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: October 4, 2011, 08:15:55 pm »
How long is an episode of this? 50 minutes? Felt like 10 watching that latest episode. Watching Breaking Bad at it's best grips you that much, that all sense of time is somehow lost.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #350 on: October 4, 2011, 08:18:55 pm »
lovely pot boiler episode 12...sets it up nicely for the finale

Highlights: Gustavo's spine chilling face to face with Jessie at the hospital...was holding my breath for the entire scene........Walts ominous spinning gun on the poolside table.......and Gus's cat-like instincts in the parking lot

I think he (Gus) may come unstuck next week...either via Jessie or Hanks DEA pals........but really havent got a clue how it will pan out - that's the beauty of this outstanding series

already looking forward to season 5!

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 4, 2011, 08:56:32 pm »
How long is an episode of this? 50 minutes? Felt like 10 watching that latest episode. Watching Breaking Bad at it's best grips you that much, that all sense of time is somehow lost.

The thing with Breaking Bad is, I would start off watching the episode whilst sitting at the back of my bed with my laptop open. However, by about 10 mins in, the laptop is closed and I'm sat up close to the TV just sucks you in so much.

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 5, 2011, 11:06:48 am »
amazing stuff.  the season finale is going to be incredible.

i was kinda desperate for some chemistry stuff to come back into the show and it did a little bit with walt's kitchen creation.  i just kinda missed the times when he'd use chemistry or science in general to get himself out of a jam, like back when he and jesse were cooking in the desert and jesse left the keys in the ignition so the RV died, so walt had to come up with a scientific plan to get out of there.  or when walt met with Tuco the first time and he cooked up that explosive stuff and threatened him with it.  i loved that kind of thing, but i guess the show in general has gotten a little bit away from the chemistry and more toward the business side of it, and the law-breaking and law-evading side of it.

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 5, 2011, 11:13:08 am »
Again, I delayed and watched a cluster of episodes together. It's brilliant, it's intense. Gus is absolutely despicable, and absolutely brilliant. He will also be as dead as Gale come seasons end. I think Walts cancer is back, based upon the cough he gave right before the giggle at the end of the last episode. As someone else said,those giggles wouldmakefor a superb Joker. Skyler is superb again. Walt jr is peripheral and the Ted plot was a bit pointless.

The last few episodes are going to be magnificent. Brian Cranston, and the actors playing Jesse, Gus and Mike are absolutely incredible.

i also think walt's cancer is back, or rather never really completely left him, but there were signs before his cough right before he started laughing at the end of that episode.  the ted plot added a lot of complication to walt's whole situation i thought; it all set up for walt to not have enough money to pay off saul and the make-you-disappear guy which was critical.  there was also the threat of the Whites themselves being audited by the IRS which would have been catastrophic.  which all makes it a bit more interesting imo.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #354 on: October 5, 2011, 02:40:57 pm »
Spoiler
I think Mike will help Jesse and Walt next episode after Jesse saved his life.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 5, 2011, 09:59:34 pm by Frank. »

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: October 5, 2011, 03:30:08 pm »
Spoiler
I think Mike will help Jesse and Walk next episode after Jesse saved his life.
[close]

Spoiler
I don't think Walt will be present, but there will be a moment to end on like the end of last season. It will be Mike with a gun with Jesse and Gus infront of him. Hopefully it will be less obvious than last season the decision as well.
[close]

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 5, 2011, 09:35:31 pm »
Spoiler
i don't think jesse 'saving' mike will be any cause for mike to turn against gus; similarly i don't think gus leaving mike in mexico will be any cause for him to turn against gus.  to me that is all in line with the professionalism required for that kind of job.  mike is a hardened individual and won't be upset at having been left in mexico due to his injuries because he knows business must go on with or without him.  mike will no doubt be grateful to jesse but it's really just part of the job and mike of all people knows what that means.  i think mike will have some important role in this final episode, but i am not convinced he'll be killing gus.  i don't know what he'll be doing, but i'm just not convinced he'll be killing gus (not in this season anyway).
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #357 on: October 7, 2011, 08:21:21 am »
Spoiler
Is it too much too ask for an explanation in the next episode how the hell Gus knew there was a trap?Don't know but kinda felt out of place despite Gus' alleged background.All in all, was a good episode and built everything up for another great season finale.Oh and the 11th episode's psychedelic finale was just brilliant and one of the best scenes I've ever watched on TV
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #358 on: October 7, 2011, 08:45:04 am »
didnt feel out of place at all to me......perfectly in keeping with the meticulous, ultra cautious and ruthless kingpin

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 7, 2011, 09:10:57 am »
Was there a reflection off the glasses? Wasn't watching HD, but assumed that is what happened.