Author Topic: Breaking Bad *please use spoiler tags*  (Read 268376 times)

Offline kurt85

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #360 on: October 7, 2011, 11:50:02 am »
Spoiler
Is it too much too ask for an explanation in the next episode how the hell Gus knew there was a trap?Don't know but kinda felt out of place despite Gus' alleged background.All in all, was a good episode and built everything up for another great season finale.Oh and the 11th episode's psychedelic finale was just brilliant and one of the best scenes I've ever watched on TV
[close]

Spoiler
On the AMC website, giancarlo esposito explains that jesse saying brock was poisoned was a big clue to gus that sat uneasily with him
[close]

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: October 7, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »
kurt85's post might explain it. Just watched it again and gus' tone did change when he heard this.

show moves so fast in 45mins you sometimes miss things (well I do) and take for granted bryan cranston's acting (the imprint left on his forehead)

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #362 on: October 7, 2011, 10:49:58 pm »
This. Show. Is. The. Tits.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: October 8, 2011, 07:23:37 am »
Was there a reflection off the glasses? Wasn't watching HD, but assumed that is what happened.

my initial assumption was in agreement with Pistolero.  but, i also thought that might've happened, because there was a moment when walt lowered his head but his glasses were still sitting on top of his head still visible, and it kind of seemed like that was by design, like we were supposed to notice that... but it wasn't terribly obvious either, in fact it didn't seem significant at all at first, but i watched the episode again and it seemed more like we were supposed to take notice of his glasses like gus had just seen a reflection off of them.  i'm still not convinced totally, my gut just said gus is just super cautious and tends to be prepared for anything, but i'm not sure.

i'll go check out that interview with giancarlo esposito on the AMC site now though.

Offline kurt85

• Main Stander
« Reply #364 on: October 8, 2011, 02:13:27 pm »
Link to the interview i was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7dfPgJgfc Starts at 3:25

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #365 on: October 8, 2011, 02:17:43 pm »
Spoiler
On the AMC website, giancarlo esposito explains that jesse saying brock was poisoned was a big clue to gus that sat uneasily with him
[close]

Gus has to be on to them and he certainly knows that Jesse and Walt are thick as thieves despite his manipulations.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: October 8, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »
Link to the interview i was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7dfPgJgfc Starts at 3:25

[potential spoilers] wow, that video actually makes me think walt poisoned brock after all.  esposito's comments seem to imply that to me.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2011, 05:57:05 pm by IndianaRed »

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: October 8, 2011, 07:14:55 pm »
p.s.-  i didn't pick up that ted had died when he tripped in his kitchen.  i just thought he knocked himself out... but a lot of comments on youtube videos are saying ted is dead.  it totally didn't come across like that to me when i was watching it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #368 on: October 9, 2011, 01:13:34 pm »
It did to me.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #369 on: October 9, 2011, 04:36:15 pm »
Yeh it came across pretty obvious to me that the impact killed him.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2011, 03:52:22 am »
Holy shit.
hi

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2011, 05:01:33 am »
holy fuckingigogwekiwogfwol

"face off" lol

i'll collect myself for comments later

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2011, 06:29:22 am »
Aaah I'm thrilled by this thread - for some reason thought last week was the series finale but now can't wait to get home fomr work to download the last one!!!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:43 am »
Been waiting all week for this day to come, just need to get home from work now.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2011, 11:42:59 am »
Wow that was brilliant, this is up there with The Wire and The Sopranos for me. One more season left and I have no idea where they can go with it now.

Offline kurt85

• Main Stander
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:45 pm »

Spoiler
After the explosion when they showed Gus standing there i thought he had survived it. Fucking hell
[close]

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:21 pm »
"You have watched 72 minutes.."

Gonna be a long afternoon.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2011, 02:35:13 pm »
JESUS. FUCKING . CHRIST!!!!!!!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2011, 02:45:03 pm »
What about Mike?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2011, 02:52:42 pm »
Spoiler
He's a private contractor, he's not gonna gun down Walt, he'll just look for another job.

I'm pretty sure Walt's gonna find out his cancer's back in season 5, and gets investment for a new lab and gets Mike in on the act. Will end up going up against Hank imo.
[close]

hi

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2011, 02:52:52 pm »
this is agony, seems everyone except me has seen the finale. keep downloading corrupt Winrar versions of the episode  >:(

Offline kurt85

• Main Stander
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2011, 02:56:57 pm »
this is agony, seems everyone except me has seen the finale. keep downloading corrupt Winrar versions of the episode  >:(
try looking for comments from others saying if it is a legit copy.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2011, 02:59:10 pm »
Just started watching this, must admit i'm hooked. On Episode 6 of Series 1

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »
Loved it. Going to be interesting how they finish it, cause it has to end on a downbeat.

Spoiler
Thought the death scene for Gus was a bit too comical though.
[close]

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2011, 07:49:06 pm »
haha loved it

Spoiler
[close]

;D
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »
Amazing episode.

This really is the best show on TV right now. So glad we've still got another series to look foward to.

They've been teasing us with the Walter vs Hank stuff since it started, hopefully next season will explore that.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2011, 10:11:56 pm »
Un fucking believable.

Offline rappcats

• Kopite
  • *random formation graph*
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2011, 10:45:53 pm »
Spoiler
The show could actually end after this episode. With the 5th season confirmed it will be really interesting how certain plots will end - and Vince Gilligan has some ace's up his sleeve - will Jesse find out that Walt poisoned Brock and let Jane die, DEA investigation (Gus had cameras in the lab and the laundry had some too). Walt "broke bad" already - killed 5 people in the finale so the next step would be probably be killing someone from his family to cover his ass and living the rest of his life in bitterness like the evertonians

[close]

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #388 on: October 11, 2011, 01:32:49 am »
Saw this on Reddit:

Spoiler
[close]

;D

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: October 11, 2011, 04:21:06 am »
Loved it. Going to be interesting how they finish it, cause it has to end on a downbeat.

Spoiler
Thought the death scene for Gus was a bit too comical though.
[close]

Spoiler
yeah, i have to admit it was a bit unlike the show to stretch the imagination that much... usually things are very realistic and believable, and that Gus death scene was unrealistic and comical.  granted, Gus was a badass, the ultimate badass really, so his death had to be badass too, so i grant them that a little bit.  that said, amidst that slightly comical death, it was great how they had Gus walk out in perfect Gus posture, and adjust his tie in perfect Gus fashion before collapsing to his death.  only something that severe could take down Gus Fring, and even then he lived long enough to present himself in his final moments as collected and cool, adjusting his tie...  also I have to say the Costume Designers gave Gus a great final outfit.  That purple (or blue?) and black plaid jacket was a great Gus Fring death outfit.
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #390 on: October 11, 2011, 04:43:04 am »
That was excellent.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2011, 07:41:51 am »
Brilliant - just when you thought they couldn't suck you any further in!!! Looking forward to the next series now and how they'll wrap up the loose ends. Agree totally with other posters that say that if this show and the actors in it don;t get recognition for this series it'll be a bloody crime!! 

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2011, 11:58:41 am »
What the fuck are we going to watch now  :(

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2011, 01:58:18 pm »

A bit slicker but like the look of Homeland. Boardwalk Empire back on as well

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2011, 04:06:43 pm »
The Walking Dead new series starts on Sunday, so that should help.

It's absolutely criminal that this show is pushed to some small time slot on an obscure channel in the UK and Ireland. I don't even think RTE have even shown it yet, and I think it's on some shite channel like 5* or 5 US or something like that on cable. What a total joke and an injustice to this masterpiece of a series. Why C4 or the BBC haven't picked it up is beyond me. Not a single person I know outside a few friends that watch it know about it when I ask. I try to tell them how amazing it is, but how do you recommend a TV show that isn't on TV? It's hopeless. It deserves more, because yes, it is better than The Wire, The Sopranos and any other TV show of the sort that I've ever watched.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2011, 09:46:14 pm »

Spoiler
  Brilliant last episode...absolutely flew by as is always the case with this superb programme....hats off to all concerned

Disagree with some of the comments about Gus's demise, I loved how they handled it......for me his death was a nod back to the ink-black humour of the first and second series..
(when we also first heard Hector's dingding bell - very fitting that it played a key part in the final scene ) and had a feeling Vince Gilligan would have something special lined up for him -
sad to see him go though! - he was a great character.................relishing the thought of the 16 part season 5 
[close]

.........in the meantime - Boardwalk Empire has returned in great form....hopefully with enough serpentine murky plots and shady characters to see me through the winter

oh, and for those in search of some more quality drama - a quick thumbs up for 'Underbelly: Razor' ...set in the same (1930's) period as Boardwalk Empire...but focusing on the Razor/Knife/Drugs gangs of Sydney - very good
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:56:14 am by Pistolero »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2011, 10:02:19 pm »
Spoiler
What i liked about the ending is that it kinda leaves you peaceful and not with a cliffhanger again like last season.I think it had to be done that way.Agree with what has been said about  the comical death of Gus.Also during that phone call when Walt says "I won",Skyler's reaction has me thinking that only now she realises how much Walt has changed and what has turned into.A cold blood murderer who will not hesitate about anything.He will even poison a kid....That Walt that we first met and was introduced,is nothing like the current one.Finally,i may sound pessimistic but i really don't expect that much from the next season(the last one too?).Actually,i expect some over the top stuff maybe or really boring.I mean what's there really interesting left to see?One thing and that is Hank getting to know the truth.Yeah Jesse will learn eventually about the poisoning and maybe that Walt let that girlfriend(Jane) of his die but haven't we already seen the ups and downs of that heated relationship?
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #397 on: October 11, 2011, 10:11:12 pm »
Finished the last 4 episodes last night and I'm still blown away by the show's brilliance. Not just the actors and the writing but the cinematography too, this season has been immense. Loved the ultra-saturated Fring flashback, the time-lapse shots of Albuquerque, the slow-motion zoom on Gus' face in the car and subsequent walk into the nursing home, and that scene with the camera panning out using the crawl space hatch to frame Walt's breakdown under the house. Stellar season.

"what happened?"

"I won"

Bring on number 5.

The AV club have a 4-part interview with the writer Vince Gilligan talking through all the episodes this season, 2 parts up so far:

part 1

part 2

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #398 on: October 11, 2011, 10:37:52 pm »
This show is the fucking shit!

Anyone else catch Bill Burr making his second cameo? He was the white, ginger fella. One of Saul's A team.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2011, 12:18:43 am »
out of breath. speachless. a fitting end to the season....ill write more tomorrow but one thing
Spoiler
under the torrent i downloaded someone had wrote JESSE DIES repeatedly and got a string of abuse for apparently ending the finale for everyone, i was livid, thought it'd fucked it up for me so when it ended the way it did it was possibly better than had i had not known!
[close]

Cant do spoilers so id lazily just copied Yiannis' one above to avoid showing that!