Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5782777 times)

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
Re: I like the fact you underestimate Arsenal this season!!
« Reply #240 on: October 5, 2008, 09:02:46 am »
Wenger is going to find himself in real trouble soon I think.

This year he has lost Flamini and not bought a replacement. Denilson has filled in his role, and while he is good supporting the attack, he doesn´t have the ball winning attributes, positional sense, or experiance, a clear downgrade.

Hleb was the other big loss, I guess Nasri will be his replacement (or Vela?). Nasri ia another talented young player who one day may be better than Hleb. But he is coming to a new league, new team, new manager, etc. and he just won´t be able to offer as much as Hleb did, for the moment at least.

The Cb´s started leaking goals last year, and adding a another top CB would have kept everyone on their toes and provided cover in case of injuries.

There is nothing wrong with Wenger believing in his young players, in fact it is admirable. But they are now three years without a trophy, and at somepoint he must be held accountable for not spending money that IS available in order to improve his team, and increase the odds of winning trophies.

I don´t think he should get sacked or anything, but the board should have a serious chat with him and find out why he is so unwilling to spend big. Sometimes I feel like it is his own pride, that he wants to win the Prem or CL with HIS team, to show what a boss manager he is.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 5, 2008, 10:59:45 am »

This year he has lost Flamini and not bought a replacement. Denilson has filled in his role, and while he is good supporting the attack, he doesn´t have the ball winning attributes, positional sense, or experiance, a clear downgrade.

Hleb was the other big loss, I guess Nasri will be his replacement (or Vela?). Nasri ia another talented young player who one day may be better than Hleb. But he is coming to a new league, new team, new manager, etc. and he just won´t be able to offer as much as Hleb did, for the moment at least.

The Cb´s started leaking goals last year, and adding a another top CB would have kept everyone on their toes and provided cover in case of injuries.

There is nothing wrong with Wenger believing in his young players, in fact it is admirable. But they are now three years without a trophy, and at somepoint he must be held accountable for not spending money that IS available in order to improve his team, and increase the odds of winning trophies.

I don´t think he should get sacked or anything, but the board should have a serious chat with him and find out why he is so unwilling to spend big. Sometimes I feel like it is his own pride, that he wants to win the Prem or CL with HIS team, to show what a boss manager he is.

He's a shithouse. Hides behind the fact that his next crop will be amazing, 4 years and waiting. Not going to happen.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #242 on: October 5, 2008, 01:06:38 pm »

There is absolutely no way Wenger will get chastised by the board for not spending money. If anything it is one of the biggest reasons for his job security. No matter how much they love football, businessmen like that will always love money more.
It is most odd.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 5, 2008, 02:12:18 pm »
Haha over rated team if I ever saw one

Watched their game yesterday they still play like a bunch of pansies passing in neat little triangles in the center circle with next to no variation in their game. Walcott was their only creative spark which is worrying as he can't shoot nor cross a ball like a top 4 winger. They got the diabolical Denilson who didn't do anything well against Sunderland I think had they started Song in midfield with that twat they would have possibly won but Wenger wasn't having it and he played that feeble midfield, really makes me happy having Masch in our team if you see the dross they got playing for them.

This is with out highlighting Robin Van Persie youtube highlight reel player of the year he has scored a few this season and it clouds many peoples judgements
Where is his right foot?
Why can't he link up play?
Why does he take corners like he plays for Liverpool?
Why does he try the same stupid skill he did on some sorry c*nt in the Emirates Cup a while ago?

Yet you would think he was among the elite he isn't even in the top 5 strikers. Adebayor gets a lot of slack from everyone including Arsenal fans but he is superior to RVP in almost everyway, yet you hear people say he should have been sold if Adebayor got sold to Milan or Barca this past summer Arsenal would finish below Villa,City and Co.

Now lets look at the heart of their defence :lmao

Toure-Ivorian Riise. Positioning is appalling can't win a header to save his life possibly the worst defender out of the top 4 and probably Tottenham as well. If you rate him watch the Liverpool V Arsenal game in the Emirates and see how many times he was out of position and don't bring excuses that he was playing right back because he does it when playing center back as well look at Westham.

Gallas-Was on his day the best center back in England. He was very good in the air,quick on the ground and a robust tackler. Looking back 2 seasons since they bought him every single attribute was coached out of him. They would be better off with a defender like Wheater instead of Gallas.

Almunia-Poor
Sagna-Good player
Toure-Poor
Gallas-Poor
Clichy-Top left back
Nasri-Good nothing special so far though
Denilson-Poor
Fabregas-Top player but over rated somewhat
Walcott-Good player could become a top player I wouldn't hold my breath though
Adebayor-Top marks man they would be nothing with out him
RVP-Average highlight reel player if I ever saw one. He will do something special one week and play shit for another 4. Not impressed

Would bring Song on personally for Denilson. Vela for RVP and Djouruo(sp?) for Toure

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 5, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »
Compare the fixtures played of the 'top four' so far...

Chelsea
HOME - Portsmouth, Spurs, Man Utd, Villa
AWAY - Wigan, Man City, Stoke

Man Utd
HOME - Newcastle, Bolton
AWAY - Portsmouth, Liverpool, Chelsea, Blackburn

Liverpool
HOME - Boro, Man Utd, Stoke
AWAY - Sunderland, Villa, Everton, Man City

Arsenal
HOME - West Brom, Newcastle, Hull
AWAY - Fulham, Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland

So basically the top three teams have all had some tricky fixtures and have all played another 'big four' team at least once. We've also had the derby, away to Villa, away to Man City etc. United have played a game less, but have had to travel to both us and Chelsea. And Chelsea have had a couple of tricky home games and a tricky away to Man City.

Arsenal however have had seven very, very winnable games against sides that aren't going to do very well this season. They've not played a Villa, Man City or a Spurs yet... let alone one of the other 'big four'.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 6, 2008, 07:20:06 am »
Not seen the Sunderland game so can't comment on it under then, if at the last international break you had shown me the fixture list up to and including Sunderland, I would have taken have taken a draw. Slight problem is we lost to Hull so needed a win for this one.

This is with out highlighting Robin Van Persie youtube highlight reel player of the year he has scored a few this season and it clouds many peoples judgements
Where is his right foot?
Why can't he link up play?
Why does he take corners like he plays for Liverpool?
Why does he try the same stupid skill he did on some sorry c*nt in the Emirates Cup a while ago?

He hasn't had the best of season's so far but I'm just glad he is fit. Last time he was fit, he had a good impact for Holland at a major tournament, last time he had a long run for Arsenal he got 15 goals. Quality is there

True his right foot sucks but normally his link up play is good and his corners, while that same trick has worked this season.

I don't think Denilson is a poor player as such but a partnership of him and Cesc? Never going to work against teams like Sunderland. My ideal line up would be, at the moment:

Almunia
Sagna-Silvestere-Gallas-Clichy
Walcott-Song-Cesc-Nasri
Ade-RVP/Nic

I rate Fabs as a better talent then Almunia but only Wenger knows if he is mentally ready. Silvestere is in as Toure's postioning is poor but if we are looking for a defender who can head and position himself, it ain't Djorou.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #246 on: October 6, 2008, 07:23:20 am »
MagicHat, why didn't Wenger just start Nasri against Sunderland?  A midfield of Nasri-Cesc-Denilson-Walcott did well enough against Porto.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 6, 2008, 07:38:11 am »
Overestimated more like.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 6, 2008, 08:20:42 am »
MagicHat, why didn't Wenger just start Nasri against Sunderland?  A midfield of Nasri-Cesc-Denilson-Walcott did well enough against Porto.

I can only assume fitness, I can see why Song started against Sunderland but Denilson instead of Nasri is baffling

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 6, 2008, 08:24:04 am »
I can only assume fitness, I can see why Song started against Sunderland but Denilson instead of Nasri is baffling

Didn't do you much good having Song there to be honest.  Who do you reckon your first choice midfield is?
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 6, 2008, 08:30:42 am »
In Arsene's mind?

Nasri-Denilson-Cesc-Mozart

I would put Song in there purely for his more defensive attitude over Denilson but otherwise would keep it close to that. If/when Mozart got injured again, Nasri on the left and Walcott, maybe Eboue, on the right.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 6, 2008, 08:34:36 am »
When is Little Mozart going to be back?

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 6, 2008, 08:36:03 am »
Current bets range from the overoptimistic 2020 to the more pragmatic 2050.

In truth? Every time he starts his recovery, he seems to get a setback. Worries that he will be forced to retire among the fans in so much as they think about it.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #253 on: October 6, 2008, 08:38:06 am »
Who the fuck is Mozart?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 6, 2008, 08:38:41 am »
Who the fuck is Mozart?

Good question.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: October 6, 2008, 08:43:19 am »
Who the fuck is Mozart?

Going against the grain of buying young talent.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 6, 2008, 08:48:44 am »

Going against the grain of buying young talent.

Mozart and song might just make a historic midfield combo ;D
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #257 on: October 6, 2008, 08:49:02 am »
Who the fuck is Mozart?
Amadeus Amadeus, rock me Amadeus, cried the trophy hungry Arsenal fans.  Their football is so beautiful, it is best played to classical music.

Offline redwood32

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 6, 2008, 04:00:56 pm »
Who the fuck is Mozart?

My guess is Rosicky.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #259 on: October 6, 2008, 04:09:38 pm »
They need more than Mozart. Arsene Wagner needs to get his Chopin' list out in January I reckon otherwise it will all unRavel for them. Elgar as far to say they could even struggle to finish top 4 this season.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 6, 2008, 06:08:51 pm »
They need more than Mozart. Arsene Wagner needs to get his Chopin' list out in January I reckon otherwise it will all unRavel for them. Elgar as far to say they could even struggle to finish top 4 this season.

Very good ;D

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 6, 2008, 06:14:45 pm »

my new sig ;)
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #262 on: October 6, 2008, 06:26:09 pm »
Rubbish.  Even a whole Wagner new players will not help.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #263 on: October 6, 2008, 06:35:47 pm »
Vela looks class and Denilson has something like 85% pass completion so far this season. Not bad.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #264 on: October 6, 2008, 07:35:06 pm »
He hasn't had the best of season's so far but I'm just glad he is fit. Last time he was fit, he had a good impact for Holland at a major tournament, last time he had a long run for Arsenal he got 15 goals. Quality is there

But isn't that the problem? When he's fully fit and in form he's up there with the best, but how often is he injured (and often long-term injuries) and how long does it then take to get back to his best?

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 6, 2008, 07:42:18 pm »
Vela looks class and Denilson has something like 85% pass completion so far this season. Not bad.
I'd say that's part of their problem though.
The majority of their players are content to pass the ball around without daring to go for the "special" ball.
Even on the edge of the area they pass pass pass and will never shoot.  It's like a team of Benayouns.

If you look at Gerrard or Alonso's pass completion I doubt it'd be as high as that, but that's because they take risks in trying to open up defences and play through another person on goal.

No point stringing together 24 passes together in neat little triangles if you're not going to do anything with it.

1 point against Fulham, Hull, and Sunderland isn't good enough.

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 6, 2008, 07:51:37 pm »
Ok Alonso has exactly the same stats...yes I'm fucking soft.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #267 on: October 6, 2008, 07:58:17 pm »
Degs you are spot on it doesn't work, what I meant was that Denilson might develop into a quality player and already showing good aweness in finding his teammates.

Arsenal are gash this season tho :P :D

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 6, 2008, 07:58:42 pm »
Moz...fuckinell...I mean Rosicky is a 30 Seconds to Mars lookalike c*nt hooks who only scores against us and wont make a blind bit of difference to Arsenal IMHO of course.

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 6, 2008, 08:01:55 pm »
Degs you are spot on it doesn't work, what I meant was that Denilson might develop into a quality player and already showing good aweness in finding his teammates.

Arsenal are gash this season tho :P :D
I agree, good passer.
But like Lucas I'm struggling to see what kind of player he will turn into.

He doesn't try the amazing, he doesn't score that much, he's not a great runner, and you can't call him a "strong" tackler.

The 2 of them seem to me to be good at passing the ball but have yet to show how they will play.  I imagine them both turning into box to box players myself.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 7, 2008, 12:33:23 am »
Rubbish.  Even a whole Wagner new players will not help.

The Bach four needs improving. I'd like to think Wenger has a Handel on it, so don't Medelssohn would be my advice.

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 7, 2008, 03:03:35 am »
i like the fact people think this bag of overated c*nts can play
4th is best these wankers can hope for
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #272 on: October 7, 2008, 04:49:19 am »
I hope Cesc realizes that he better go back to Barca soon, unless he wants to be "a classy player who didn't win anything".
Arsenal is a good team, but world has seen 1000 good teams, that were unfortunate for this or that reason. Villarreal is being the most recent example.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 7, 2008, 05:35:15 am »
I hope Cesc realizes that he better go back to Barca soon, unless he wants to be "a classy player who didn't win anything".
Arsenal is a good team, but world has seen 1000 good teams, that were unfortunate for this or that reason. Villarreal is being the most recent example.

:lmao  Oh the irony.

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 7, 2008, 06:10:48 am »

I think Arsenal is a classy team, they will win something soon. I think Wenger seems more focused on the Champions League this season. Takes time to settle at a new stadium just like a new house. I hope to see Mozart back soon, adding that extra touch...
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 7, 2008, 07:24:05 am »

I'm a tad worried Vela is getting overhyped in England but for Denilson... my problem isn't so much lack of creativy. Tons of assists and a goal or two this season however when have they come? When Arsenal are dominating. When we aren't doing well, he vanishes though he does try hard.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2008, 12:38:41 am »
So now Arsenal have dropped points to Spurs and Sunderland, and have lost against Hull and Fulham.

And they actually have some tricky games coming up now. Before they play us in December they face the likes of Boro, Stoke, Man City and Chelsea away... and they have to host Villa and United.

Looks like they're going to have to settle for 4th place and a half-decent run in one of the cups... again. Surprise surprise.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:22 am »
i like the fact people think this bag of overated c*nts can play
4th is best these wankers can hope for

But dont you know 20 passes and then failing to walk the ball into the net every game is more important than trophies.
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:41 am »
They'll be a very good team soon. People forget how young they are. It's a very young, inexperienced team. It's difficult to remember that when you look at the talent. There was always going to be a transition period to take into account when you consider their age. They're undoubtedly talented though, and when it comes together in a few years they'll more than likely sweep all that comes before them. In the mean time, they're an absolute joy to watch.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2008, 12:53:07 am »
They'll be a very good team soon. People forget how young they are. It's a very young, inexperienced team. It's difficult to remember that when you look at the talent. There was always going to be a transition period to take into account when you consider their age. They're undoubtedly talented though, and when it comes together in a few years they'll more than likely sweep all that comes before them. In the mean time, they're an absolute joy to watch.
they are extremely talented you are right. but they don't have a big enough squad to win the league yet.
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"