Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5781771 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #60200 on: January 6, 2022, 09:55:22 pm »
I agree, if it was possible to reschedule the Orient game, then it would have been more sporting to look at the rules and as this virus escalates maybe we see that in the FA cup for example. however, omicron couldn't have been predicted at that time. It's a bit shit for Orient. What i'm uncomfortable with is, Liverpool are not breaking any rules have substantial issues however we are being called cheats or doing it on purpose and to just get on with it. Like I say we may be the first to successfully postpone a cup game this season but we wont be the last the way things are going.

I agree , but I found it out of order even back then , that orient get punished for a health emergency that’s sweeping the world (maybe the opponents being spurs had something to do with it too ). I didn’t think it sent out a good message , in terms of testing etc, a lot of the smaller clubs rely on the income of these cup games.
Liverpool didn’t do anything wrong , a game against under 15s would’ve been silly and winning a trophy without playing games is even sillier. Just think that orient got dismissed too quickly and I feel that wouldn’t have been the case if they were a “big” team.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #60201 on: January 6, 2022, 10:20:59 pm »
Just the facts:

Leyton Orient failed in a desperate attempt to get their League Cup match against Tottenham played on Tuesday night after the Covid-19 outbreak at the club.

Orient spent the day trying to convince the EFL that the game could go ahead at their Breyer Group Stadium, but the plug was pulled just two hours before the scheduled kick-off after 17 players from the League Two club tested positive.

Orient’s determination to play the game stemmed partly from the fact it was due to be televised by Sky Sports, earning them £150,000, and they are adamant the game should be played at a later date.

Not fulfilling the fixture on Tuesday night leaves Orient in breach of EFL rules, so Tottenham should be handed a bye to the next round.

So the truth is Orient breached EFL League Cup rules and had to forfeit. The match was scheduled for Sept. 22nd. Where does the EFL move the match to? Bear in mind in the next month of October Spurs played every 3 or 4 days as well.

Spurs results/schedule at the time. Next round of the Cup was the next week (29th)

Tue, Sep 29
Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur wins 5-4 on Penalty Kicks
FT-Pens   English League Cup

Sun, Sep 27
Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Newcastle United
FT   English Premier League

Thu, Sep 24
KF Shkëndija 1 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur
FT   UEFA Europa League Qualifying

Tue Sept 22nd v Orient

Sun, Sep 20
Southampton 2 - 5 Tottenham Hotspur

Thu, Sep 17
Lokomotiv Plovdiv 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
FT   UEFA Europa League Qualifying

Sun, Sep 13
Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 1Everton

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #60202 on: January 7, 2022, 07:57:25 am »
The rules should’ve been changed for orient , for the reasons you stated above , a game of football can be  postponed and rescheduled. There was no reason to throw them out and even more time to reschedule.
This part makes me uncomfortable, where common sense gets used in one example then the rules get quoted in another .

They weren't changed. There was no room in the schedule

If the final this year was the weekend after the second leg we'd have to have forefit the first game.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60203 on: January 7, 2022, 08:25:30 am »
They weren't changed. There was no room in the schedule

If the final this year was the weekend after the second leg we'd have to have forefit the first game.

No room in the schedule for one league cup game makes no sense at all given how regularly games are being rescheduled now. Even if one game in the next round had to be played later.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60204 on: January 7, 2022, 08:45:26 am »
Are people still moaning about this? Honestly didn't know Arsenal fans could be so whiny.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60205 on: January 7, 2022, 08:47:03 am »
Are people still moaning about this? Honestly didn't know Arsenal fans could be so whiny.

Youre obviously not reading just commenting, but fair enough.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #60206 on: January 7, 2022, 08:51:38 am »
No room in the schedule for one league cup game makes no sense at all given how regularly games are being rescheduled now. Even if one game in the next round had to be played later.

Spurs were in the qualification for the Europa League. After that orient game they had two more games before getting to the group stages. All the international breaks were going on. There was no room

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60207 on: January 7, 2022, 09:14:02 am »
Spurs were in the qualification for the Europa League. After that orient game they had two more games before getting to the group stages. All the international breaks were going on. There was no room

Spurs in the group stages? Was never going to happen

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #60208 on: January 7, 2022, 09:36:31 am »

;D

I found it interesting that when it was reported last year that City might have to postpone their first leg semi, the news articles made it clear that the rules changed to allow this from the 5th round onwards. Can't recall any complaints from any other clubs but might be wrong.

With us, I've not seen any reports (again, might be wrong, I've not read them all!) that have actually made that ruling clear, so everyone just harps back to Orient and assumes we've had the rules changed to suit us.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60209 on: January 7, 2022, 09:40:01 am »
;D

I found it interesting that when it was reported last year that City might have to postpone their first leg semi, the news articles made it clear that the rules changed to allow this from the 5th round onwards. Can't recall any complaints from any other clubs but might be wrong.

With us, I've not seen any reports (again, might be wrong, I've not read them all!) that have actually made that ruling clear, so everyone just harps back to Orient and assumes we've had the rules changed to suit us.

The rules didnt change for you, but they shouldve been changed for Orient. Theres a pandemic causing havoc to the football calendar and yet they get thrown out because there's no room. Teams will regularly play every 48 hours later this season to get all those postponed games in. Theres always room.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60210 on: January 7, 2022, 10:13:38 am »
Some mention in an article on The Athletic that Arsenal wanted the Brentford game postponed but didn't eventually lodge a request (the reason they didn't seemed to be that they were told they wouldn't succeed with the request). Premier League were never going to call off opening night, and they've made a rod for their own back with the complete lack of transparency.

I guess the missing part of the picture is that it's hard to be transparent about people's private medical data, but they should at least be saying, X club has Y amount of cases. Seems like the silver bullet for getting a game called off is having to close your training ground, because it essentially says your team cannot prepare. But they're no transparency around what requires a training facility to be closed, is there?

Thing is - look at the squad they put out vs Brentford - the only members of the squad who missed the game were Lacazette, Adebayor, Partey, Gabriel and Odegaard - Gabriel had a knee injury, Partey an ankle injury - so it seems like they were without exactly 3 members of their squad in Adebayor, Laca and Odegaard possibly because of Covid. 

Would have made an absolute mockery of it had they requested one for so few members of the squad actually affected, regardless that 2 of them play in the same position - when clubs like us have had matched with 5+ first choice players missing for covid (+ other injuries) and had to still play. 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60211 on: January 7, 2022, 10:19:43 am »
Thing is - look at the squad they put out vs Brentford - the only members of the squad who missed the game were Lacazette, Adebayor, Partey, Gabriel and Odegaard - Gabriel had a knee injury, Partey an ankle injury - so it seems like they were without exactly 3 members of their squad in Adebayor, Laca and Odegaard possibly because of Covid. 

Would have made an absolute mockery of it had they requested one for so few members of the squad actually affected, regardless that 2 of them play in the same position - when clubs like us have had matched with 5+ first choice players missing for covid (+ other injuries) and had to still play. 

Adebayor. Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. A long time.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60212 on: January 7, 2022, 10:28:15 am »
Wearing an all white kit this weekend to highlight knife crime and raise awareness & money.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1479377347384164353?t=BSulbRjn3ylI17HoX8JwpQ&s=19

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60213 on: January 7, 2022, 10:44:32 am »
The rules didnt change for you, but they shouldve been changed for Orient. Theres a pandemic causing havoc to the football calendar and yet they get thrown out because there's no room. Teams will regularly play every 48 hours later this season to get all those postponed games in. Theres always room.

How?  The next match in the League cup was 5 days later!  How do you think they could have got a game organised, played, and then the next match played in 5 days if the Leyton Orient squad all had covid, and couldn't play for 2-3 of those days? 

For reference, the game was scheduled originally for the 22nd Sept, and on the 25th Orient were still down with covid, with the 29th/30th Sept being the next round.  They were playing Spurs, who then had matches:
in the League on the 4th/18th/25th Oct, 1st/8th/21st/29th Nov, 6th/13th/16th/20th/27th, then the Europa League started and they had matches on the 22nd/29th Oct, 5th/26th Nov, 3rd Dec/10th Dec.  The only gaps?  the 2 week period between 5th and 17th Oct, and 9th and 20th Nov - both of which were international breaks (England for instance played three times in both gaps)  - so not feasible to schedule.   Leyton Orient also had  fixtures on every single Tues in Oct, Nov and Dec, other than the 21st Nov  (middle of the international break, so Spurs couldn't play), 1st December (Spurs had a match in Austria 2 days later) - so even if you argued you could force Spurs to play a Sun EPL game, then the Tues for the FL Cup, then on Thurs in the EL, then Sun again in the league, all those Tuesdays are already taken up by Orient already having fixtures on them days. 

So if you had postponed it, the next week where a day would be free without BOTH Spurs playing 2 games in 2 days (Weds and Thurs), AND Orient playing two games in 2 days (Tues and Weds), was the 1st December.  Thats 2 months after the NEXT round of the League Cup would have been completed.   But sure, let's pretend that is even vaguely possible.  Then you have to schedule a Spurs vs Chelsea (assuming they play each other) - in Dec, both teams were playing twice a week *ALREADY*, but let's do that.  How is this fair to the integrity of the competition that you'd have 1 match in the round taking place months and months after all the others have been completed, AND to do this you are forcing Spurs to play 4 times in a week TWICE.  I know you are an Arsenal fan, but surely you can see this would be taking the utter piss.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60214 on: January 7, 2022, 11:48:09 am »
Great gesture by Arsenal for this weekend!!!

:scarf :champ
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60215 on: January 7, 2022, 11:51:27 am »
Wearing an all white kit this weekend to highlight knife crime and raise awareness & money.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1479377347384164353?t=BSulbRjn3ylI17HoX8JwpQ&s=19

Great that  :)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #60216 on: January 7, 2022, 11:57:08 am »

Nice idea. Looks really smart as well!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60217 on: January 7, 2022, 12:28:54 pm »
Very classy that. Knife crime is becoming a huge problem with teenagers, especially in London. Nice contribution there from Arsenal superfan Idris Elba

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #60218 on: January 7, 2022, 04:56:30 pm »

They got there. Why is it so difficult for some Arsenal fans to comprehend.

I mean it's kind of ironic your manager is bleating about a depleted squad now

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60219 on: January 7, 2022, 05:27:24 pm »
How?  The next match in the League cup was 5 days later!  How do you think they could have got a game organised, played, and then the next match played in 5 days if the Leyton Orient squad all had covid, and couldn't play for 2-3 of those days? 

For reference, the game was scheduled originally for the 22nd Sept, and on the 25th Orient were still down with covid, with the 29th/30th Sept being the next round.  They were playing Spurs, who then had matches:
in the League on the 4th/18th/25th Oct, 1st/8th/21st/29th Nov, 6th/13th/16th/20th/27th, then the Europa League started and they had matches on the 22nd/29th Oct, 5th/26th Nov, 3rd Dec/10th Dec.  The only gaps?  the 2 week period between 5th and 17th Oct, and 9th and 20th Nov - both of which were international breaks (England for instance played three times in both gaps)  - so not feasible to schedule.   Leyton Orient also had  fixtures on every single Tues in Oct, Nov and Dec, other than the 21st Nov  (middle of the international break, so Spurs couldn't play), 1st December (Spurs had a match in Austria 2 days later) - so even if you argued you could force Spurs to play a Sun EPL game, then the Tues for the FL Cup, then on Thurs in the EL, then Sun again in the league, all those Tuesdays are already taken up by Orient already having fixtures on them days. 

So if you had postponed it, the next week where a day would be free without BOTH Spurs playing 2 games in 2 days (Weds and Thurs), AND Orient playing two games in 2 days (Tues and Weds), was the 1st December.  Thats 2 months after the NEXT round of the League Cup would have been completed.   But sure, let's pretend that is even vaguely possible.  Then you have to schedule a Spurs vs Chelsea (assuming they play each other) - in Dec, both teams were playing twice a week *ALREADY*, but let's do that.  How is this fair to the integrity of the competition that you'd have 1 match in the round taking place months and months after all the others have been completed, AND to do this you are forcing Spurs to play 4 times in a week TWICE.  I know you are an Arsenal fan, but surely you can see this would be taking the utter piss.

If someone doesn't accept something as trivial as this, they are deliberately disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing or they are incredibly thick.

It was just not possible to move the game, if they did, they had to move the whole round, which would affect all the other teams still in the tournament at that time.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60220 on: January 7, 2022, 07:22:56 pm »
Orient’s determination to play the game stemmed partly from the fact it was due to be televised by Sky Sports, earning them £150,000, and they are adamant the game should be played at a later date.

The only reason the Orient Owner put up a stink..after 17 players tested positive from their first team squad was the £150,000 tv money. He would have played the U9's to get the money. What also isn't in the testing bit is Spurs paid to have Orients first team squad tested because Orient didn't have the money.

Orient wanted to go ahead with their U23's or U18's. But NONE of them had been tested. You'd expect if there were 17 first teamers positive, how many of the younger lads would have tested positive? Why play a match when all of those who might play haven't been tested?

Well, you know, facts get in the way of a good rant on forums or twitter. Liverpools fault dont'cha know.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60221 on: January 7, 2022, 08:00:56 pm »

The only reason the Orient Owner put up a stink..after 17 players tested positive from their first team squad was the £150,000 tv money. He would have played the U9's to get the money. What also isn't in the testing bit is Spurs paid to have Orients first team squad tested because Orient didn't have the money.

Orient wanted to go ahead with their U23's or U18's. But NONE of them had been tested. You'd expect if there were 17 first teamers positive, how many of the younger lads would have tested positive? Why play a match when all of those who might play haven't been tested?

Well, you know, facts get in the way of a good rant on forums or twitter. Liverpools fault dont'cha know.

150k could mean survival for a club like orient . It isn’t greed , could be the difference between sacking the dinner lady or not. And they got punished for getting themselves tested and trying to do the right thing. Not right how they were treated. 

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60222 on: January 7, 2022, 08:26:30 pm »
150k could mean survival for a club like orient . It isn’t greed , could be the difference between sacking the dinner lady or not. And they got punished for getting themselves tested and trying to do the right thing. Not right how they were treated. 

So what?

Orient got the luck of the draw and someone in tv land determined they'd put the match on the telly. All of that is random.

If the Orient owner can't run his club without winning the lottery, that his fault.

It would be nice to have extra money fall into your lap, but don't count your chickens until it is deposited. And don't whinge when you thought you'd get extra and don't.

The EFL made the decision based on facts. 17 players out. No youth team members tested. No time to test them. No place to replay the match in the schedule-- as per regulations-- before the next round was to commence.

I'm sure Arsenal supporters whinging about Orients problem last season have started a go fund me page to raise the £150,000 for Orient. Just to show solidarity and show their concern. Rather than use the situation as a means to have a go at the EFL and their decision to postpone a Semi Final match this season.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60223 on: January 7, 2022, 09:16:06 pm »
Incredible gesture from Arsenal for the weekend

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #60224 on: January 7, 2022, 10:55:17 pm »

I knew wages were different in London. But £150k for a dinner lady.

Maybe if they are that hard up their Chairman could spare some of his multi million pound empire with the dinner lady.

As 4pool said, where was your concern last season for poor old Orient ?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60225 on: January 7, 2022, 11:22:11 pm »

@pritipatel
Hugely powerful campaign, which I applaud as Home Secretary, but also as an Arsenal fan.

Fuck sake, that evil bitch is an Arsenal fan. It doesn’t get worse than that.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60226 on: January 7, 2022, 11:24:26 pm »
Adebayor. Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. A long time.

Hes not the striker you're looking for
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60227 on: January 7, 2022, 11:30:11 pm »
@pritipatel
Hugely powerful campaign, which I applaud as Home Secretary, but also as an Arsenal fan.

You'll always have Piers Moron.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #60228 on: January 7, 2022, 11:33:25 pm »
Incredible gesture from Arsenal for the weekend

Definitely.
Not sure if it would be better still if you could buy the kit. But I can see how the economics of that might mess it all up.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #60229 on: January 8, 2022, 01:02:04 am »
@pritipatel

Wasn't Bin Laden also an Arsenal fan?  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #60230 on: January 8, 2022, 01:03:54 am »

fuck me, mate, never heard such bitching in my life

i felt sorry for them in the city game, played great, shit didn't work out for them, now cryassing like a bunch of fannies continuously, now i couldnt give a shit about that game, fuck em

apparently, we're running scared cos they've found some form  :lmao :lmao :lmao fuck me louise, i couldnt give two fucks about playing them

could they win? of course, it's football, cup competitions throw up major upsets way more unlikely than arsenal turning us over, but to suggest we're scared to play them, fucking laughable, i understand now why other football fan bases take the piss out of this lot all the time cos all of a sudden with a run of form they're world beaters everyone's scared of

pathetic

deluded beyond belief that mob and toxic at the drop of a hat towards their own, i suspect if form turns for the worse they'll be arteta out again, get over it you fucking whingbags
« Last Edit: January 8, 2022, 01:07:37 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60231 on: January 8, 2022, 04:03:03 am »

Priti , piers, and bin Ladin. Bin man used to go to highbury in the early 90s. Back when our football was absolute murder .

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60232 on: January 8, 2022, 07:32:12 am »

Now only the third worst Gooner of all time.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60233 on: January 8, 2022, 07:44:21 am »
Now only the third worst Gooner of all time.

You're forgetting Nick Hornby.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60234 on: January 8, 2022, 09:51:53 am »
Still have no idea how these with no Europe have suddenly got massive money to spend.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #60235 on: January 8, 2022, 09:56:55 am »
Still have no idea how these with no Europe have suddenly got massive money to spend.
Suddenly? They’ve been spending like sailors on shore leave for about 5 years now. Their turnover of players is crazy - does Legohead do any coaching or just buy more players to make them better?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60236 on: January 8, 2022, 10:07:02 am »
Suddenly? They’ve been spending like sailors on shore leave for about 5 years now. Their turnover of players is crazy - does Legohead do any coaching or just buy more players to make them better?

It's true. Yet they constantly moan about their owner for not spending.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60237 on: January 8, 2022, 10:15:14 am »

Saka martinelli and smith Rowe say hi.

This thread never stops giving . Everyone  has been saying for years  that are arsenal need a total transformation if we want to get anywhere. Arteta is doing it, now let’s find something else to criticize him.
Even the signings we made . 150m on 6 players. Chelsea spend a 100 m on one. Everyone laughed at our transfers  “arsenal have managed to blow 150m and get worse” “ not one of their signings will improve them “ “10 years before getting back anywhere near top 4 “ “Rammsdale for 30m? What is happening at arsenal “ “ missed out on buendia to villa, how far they have fallen”. “Tomiyasu the full back spurs and west ham rejected , another sign of how far they have fallen” “sack Arteta hire Rafa, or enjoy the relegation battle “

None of the signings are ready made stars , they’re getting better with “coaching”. It also helps that the wages we pay these new signings are low compared to a varane or lukaku. It’s sound business and for the long term. Probably ahead of schedule on the field now.

Vlahovic and Guimaraes, and Job done. Next season title challenge .

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #60238 on: January 8, 2022, 10:18:42 am »
You're either deluded, drunk or on a wind up if you think you're anywhere near a title challenge next season.

My guess is all three.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60239 on: January 8, 2022, 10:18:43 am »
Saka martinelli and smith Rowe say hi.

This thread never stops giving . Everyone  has been saying for years  that are arsenal need a total transformation if we want to get anywhere. Arteta is doing it, now let’s find something else to criticize him.
Even the signings we made . 150m on 6 players. Chelsea spend a 100 m on one. Everyone laughed at our transfers  “arsenal have managed to blow 150m and get worse” “ not one of their signings will improve them “ “10 years before getting back anywhere near top 4 “ “Rammsdale for 30m? What is happening at arsenal “ “ missed out on buendia to villa, how far they have fallen”. “Tomiyasu the full back spurs and west ham rejected , another sign of how far they have fallen” “sack Arteta hire Rafa, or enjoy the relegation battle “

None of the signings are ready made stars , they’re getting better with “coaching”. It also helps that the wages we pay these new signings are low compared to a varane or lukaku. It’s sound business and for the long term. Probably ahead of schedule on the field now.

Vlahovic and Guimaraes, and Job done. Next season title challenge .

Actually think you've done really well. Took £150m bank loan and got players who are now worth a bit more. Fair enough.