Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5788054 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #43440 on: April 12, 2017, 09:55:11 pm »
So just to clarify, you want to take an already injury prone player, from an Arsenal team that does a lot of running, put him in a Klopp team that arguably does a lot more running and then hope he doesn't turn out the be an injury prone player.

Yup makes sense to me.

;D If we were going to be taking a punt on somebody injury prone I'd want them to be a lot better than Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #43441 on: April 12, 2017, 09:56:32 pm »
How's our luck with injuries?

no that I care one way or the other about Oxlaide, Arsenal do have a real issue with muscle injures, have had for a while. I don't believe many of our injurues this year have been muscle injuries, certainly not some above average number.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #43442 on: April 12, 2017, 09:56:43 pm »
the difference in training methods is why I wouldn't use his injury past at Arsenal against him

He's been at Arsenal for going on 6 seasons now, what's the most number of premier league games he's played in a season for them? Just off the top of your head.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #43443 on: April 12, 2017, 09:59:09 pm »
So just to clarify, you want to take an already injury prone player, from an Arsenal team that does a lot of running, put him in a Klopp team that arguably does a lot more running and then hope he doesn't turn out the be an injury prone player, and pay 20m for this.

Yup makes sense to me.
No. I dont want to take the Ox, just because I dont think he could be useful bere. However what I am saying is that Arsenal's injury record is not all down to the players themselves but its mainly the fault of the club so therefore I wouldnt judge Chamberlain on his injury record at a club where just about every player has recurring injuries while at the same time there are examples of former Arsenal players doing well fitness wise at their new clubs.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43444 on: April 12, 2017, 11:32:57 pm »
He's been at Arsenal for going on 6 seasons now, what's the most number of premier league games he's played in a season for them? Just off the top of your head.
id say 25

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43445 on: April 12, 2017, 11:39:03 pm »
He's got 5 in 25 for England. Maybe his poor goal return for Arsenal is more to do with his role in the Arsenal team rather than his goal scoring ability.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #43446 on: April 12, 2017, 11:42:12 pm »
Hasn't the Chamberlin story come from Tony Evans? If so, I wouldn't pay much attention to what he has to say about our transfer dealings. I very much doubt he is in the loop regarding our plans for the summer.

Came from the Telegraph (James Ducker I think)

the difference in training methods is why I wouldn't use his injury past at Arsenal against him

If there is one continuing trend with Arsenal is young players who end up becoming very injury-prone (i.e. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Wilshire).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:43:51 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #43447 on: April 13, 2017, 12:47:29 am »
Had a quick look at how long Arsenal players have left on their contract. Some that are expiring in 12 months or less are:

Santi Cazorla - 30.06.17
Alexis Sanchez - 30.06.18
Mesut Ozil - 30.06.18
Aaron Ramsey - 30.06.18
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 30.06.18
Keiran Gibbs - 30.06.18
Per Mertesacker - 30.06.18

I certainly wouldn't be happy if Liverpool were in that kind of position. That's four key players (Santi, Sanchez, Ozil and Ox) that could potentially be lost this summer.
I didn't realise Cazorla was out of contract so soon.  That seems remiss, they've missed him terribly this season.  Pity I can't see a place for him with us, he's alsmo the kind of sneaky senior pro I'd dream of us picking up, but are rarely actually available.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43448 on: April 13, 2017, 12:51:05 am »
I didn't realise Cazorla was out of contract so soon.  That seems remiss, they've missed him terribly this season.  Pity I can't see a place for him with us, he's alsmo the kind of sneaky senior pro I'd dream of us picking up, but are rarely actually available.

good shout that, but is it because he's put a few in against us?  He's hardly played this season mind.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43449 on: April 13, 2017, 01:16:34 am »
id say 25

Good shout, having looked at wiki it says 25, so in 6 seasons at Arsenal he couldn't even complete 2/3rds of a season once.

Anyway said my piece if we sign him and it works out then great, if we sign him and he can't play then more fool us.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43450 on: April 13, 2017, 01:31:48 am »
Good shout, having looked at wiki it says 25, so in 6 seasons at Arsenal he couldn't even complete 2/3rds of a season once.

Anyway said my piece if we sign him and it works out then great, if we sign him and he can't play then more fool us.
but he's never been first choice for Wenger
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43451 on: April 13, 2017, 02:19:19 am »
but he's never been first choice for Wenger

Then what are we doing buying him?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #43452 on: April 13, 2017, 02:26:49 am »
Then what are we doing buying him?

We aren't.

Agent mischief.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #43453 on: April 13, 2017, 03:57:00 am »
That is a horrific statistic.

Julian brandt has similer numbers and im pretty sure those ripping ox would be spuffing in thier pants if we bought the german kid.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #43454 on: April 13, 2017, 04:09:31 am »
Julian brandt has similer numbers and im pretty sure those ripping ox would be spuffing in thier pants if we bought the german kid.

20 years old, 18 goals in 92 league games. Already better and younger. Supposed to be off to Bayern though.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43455 on: April 13, 2017, 05:38:13 am »
20 years old, 18 goals in 92 league games. Already better and younger. Supposed to be off to Bayern though.

His dad has already rubbished that rumour. He said his son hasn't decided where he's going to play next season yet.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43456 on: April 13, 2017, 05:39:00 am »
We won't be signing Chamberlin. So chill everybody.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #43457 on: April 13, 2017, 06:33:04 am »

135 starts 35 goals in all comps for the ox. Indeed brandt is younger, but there's no telling what could potentially happen in those three years... for me its not really a case of who s better..I'd have both because they bring different things, I just think its the trend to unfairly slate english players at the moment.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #43458 on: April 13, 2017, 07:55:31 am »
We won't be signing Chamberlin. So chill everybody.
Now hang on there a second......!!

Anyway... I think he's probably just one of our options for a wide forward.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43459 on: April 13, 2017, 07:59:05 am »
I quite like Oxlade to be honest  :boxhead
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43460 on: April 13, 2017, 08:43:52 am »
Now hang on there a second......!!

Haha!

I quite like Oxlade to be honest  :boxhead

I don't mind him as a player. Just think there should be better options available for us.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43461 on: April 13, 2017, 08:54:53 am »
135 starts 35 goals in all comps for the ox. Indeed brandt is younger, but there's no telling what could potentially happen in those three years... for me its not really a case of who s better..I'd have both because they bring different things, I just think its the trend to unfairly slate english players at the moment.

Are you including 2nd division goals in that figure? Let's not try to twist the stats, he's 23 and never hit more than 2 goals in a season, he's got nowhere near the numbers to be in our forward line
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43462 on: April 13, 2017, 09:03:08 am »
Are you including 2nd division goals in that figure? Let's not try to twist the stats, he's 23 and never hit more than 2 goals in a season, he's got nowhere near the numbers to be in our forward line

If there is any substance to the Liverpool rumours, do you think it's a given he'd be targeted for our forward line? Seems like all his best work for Arsenal recently has come from midfield. Rotating with Lallana and Wijnaldum seems to be the logical role for me should it happen.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43463 on: April 13, 2017, 09:08:51 am »
I'd take Ox in the summer if he was available. Not at any price but if it was a reasonable price then yeah sure thing... i remember Sadio Mane, we paid £30M thinking OMG what on earth have we done, and now look at him...

I trust Jurgen to bring something else out in him if we bought him in.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43464 on: April 13, 2017, 09:19:26 am »
If there is any substance to the Liverpool rumours, do you think it's a given he'd be targeted for our forward line? Seems like all his best work for Arsenal recently has come from midfield. Rotating with Lallana and Wijnaldum seems to be the logical role for me should it happen.

He's pretty versatile, young English player, unlikely to feel like he needs to move elsewhere if he does well for us, hasn't quite lived up to his potential but still young enough to do that. As long as it wasn't for ridiculous money I wouldn't mind it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #43465 on: April 13, 2017, 09:28:03 am »
No doubting the lad has the ability to glide past people and is very quick... If he could stay fit I'd take him

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #43466 on: April 13, 2017, 09:44:56 am »
He's pretty versatile, young English player, unlikely to feel like he needs to move elsewhere if he does well for us, hasn't quite lived up to his potential but still young enough to do that. As long as it wasn't for ridiculous money I wouldn't mind it.
totally agree. can understand arsenal fans not being bothered about losing him, he probably hasn't kicked on in the last couple of years but I can't think of many arsenal players that have improved under wenger in the last 5 years. If klopp sees something in him that's good enough for me.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43467 on: April 13, 2017, 09:47:37 am »

He has nowhere near the numbers of Wijnaldum or Lallana either, Wijnaldum is a much more technically gifted player than him IMO and Lallana is the guy in charge of the press and I don't trust Ox to fill that spot.

For me we should be targetting better for £35m, and if we sign players like Ox we shouldn't complain about luck when we have another injury crisis
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43468 on: April 13, 2017, 09:58:45 am »
Not whining about any of Klopp's targets after last summer! If he really wants him then I hope he gets him.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43469 on: April 13, 2017, 10:04:11 am »
He has nowhere near the numbers of Wijnaldum or Lallana either, Wijnaldum is a much more technically gifted player than him IMO and Lallana is the guy in charge of the press and I don't trust Ox to fill that spot.

For me we should be targetting better for £35m, and if we sign players like Ox we shouldn't complain about luck when we have another injury crisis

Fair enough. I wouldn't read too much into his Arsenal goal return - I think that's more to do with Arsenal's style of play not putting midfielders in goal scoring positions. His return of 5 in 25 for England suggests that in a different system his goal return stands up to any of our midfielders this season (I think only Lallana has a very slightly better rate).

Fair dos about the injuries though. If it is really a thing with him hopefully we'll do our due dilligence like we did with Remy. Cissesbeard pretty much summed it up for me though;

If klopp sees something in him that's good enough for me.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43470 on: April 13, 2017, 10:20:40 am »
Ox has 9 league goals but 11 cup goals for arsenal. Often because he doesn't start league games for a variety of reasons. This season he's been used as a defensive midfielder so would find it hard to score goals.
Quality player, has everything in his game, wouldn't mind him staying. But his injuries are a problem.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43471 on: April 13, 2017, 12:05:14 pm »
Not whining about any of Klopp's targets after last summer! If he really wants him then I hope he gets him.

He doesn't want him. Said so himself.

Yet, people believe any story or link from the media.

Go figure.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43472 on: April 13, 2017, 12:07:32 pm »
He doesn't want him. Said so himself.

Yet, people believe any story or link from the media.

Go figure.

Meh, he said that in December, pretty obvious Arsenal wouldn't sell in January so doesn't mean much. No idea if he really wants him or not but wouldn't hang much on that.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43473 on: April 13, 2017, 12:21:07 pm »
Reports that Sanchez is being offered 300k a week. Ridiculous money.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43474 on: April 13, 2017, 12:24:11 pm »

Dont worry, he's playing like he wants out asap anyway.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43475 on: April 13, 2017, 12:51:59 pm »
I really like Ox actually. I was very very doubtful when he had a run at CM but he proved me wrong somewhat. He's probably been Arsenal's best player the last couple of months and the only one to come out of the 2 Bayern games with his head held high.

He's very versatile and I'd definitely welcome him here. I wouldn't be looking at anything more than £15-20m as beyond that there is probably better in the market.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43476 on: April 13, 2017, 01:00:08 pm »

That gets you a Wayne Rooney per week!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43477 on: April 13, 2017, 02:13:37 pm »
Meh, he said that in December, pretty obvious Arsenal wouldn't sell in January so doesn't mean much. No idea if he really wants him or not but wouldn't hang much on that.

Wait until September.

You won't find the Ox in our squad list.  :wave

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43478 on: April 13, 2017, 02:34:44 pm »
ArsenalCentral‏ @AFCCentralHQ

According to @alandavies1 on @yellowbootson podcast, Bould threw a bottle at Ozil in the dressing room at Bayern. #afc
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43479 on: April 13, 2017, 02:38:33 pm »
Good. He deserves it.