Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5782614 times)

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #43600 on: April 15, 2017, 06:00:49 pm »
I like Chamberlain as a player when I've seen him, but he'd have to dramatically increase his production if he were to come here. I can see the logic - English (HG), versatile, young player with plenty of talent but who has never really kicked on at Arsenal. I'd back Klopp and a change of environment to maybe get something a little extra out of him.

On the other hand, has a poor injury record, and no guarantee that a change of scenery will re-ignite his career. I imagine the plan would be to have him deputise for Lallana/Gini when either player is out, and we do desperately need some genuine depth for next season. Honestly though, I was hoping our sights would be set a little higher. Especially for the mooted fee. For the right price though, he could be a shrewd signing, very much depending on the other personnel we bring in.

As others have said, anything above £20m and we've been absolutely had off.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43601 on: April 15, 2017, 06:29:04 pm »
He's infinitely better than Lallana's current replacement to be fair. Which is nothing.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43602 on: April 15, 2017, 06:34:56 pm »
He's infinitely better than Lallana's current replacement to be fair. Which is nothing.

Well at the moment, with either of Lallana and Gini out, Can plays. I'd be surprised if we weren't looking at a player for the deeper midfield role as well, potentially a starter, so be interesting to see what impact it would have on Can's gametime.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #43603 on: April 15, 2017, 06:36:00 pm »
Well at the moment, with either of Lallana and Gini out, Can plays. I'd be surprised if we weren't looking at a player for the deeper midfield role as well, potentially a starter, so be interesting to see what impact it would have on Can's gametime.

none if Can doesnt sign that contract, he'll be out in the summer.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43604 on: April 15, 2017, 06:37:10 pm »
None of them are a like for like replacement though. Chamberlain has shown he can play there.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43605 on: April 15, 2017, 06:42:31 pm »
none if Can doesnt sign that contract, he'll be out in the summer.

Personally don't see any scenario where he doesn't sign a new one - Klopp obviously loves him, and he's come back into form at the right time for negotiations. Wouldn't get more elsewhere. I'm sure all parties will come to an agreement in the summer.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43606 on: April 15, 2017, 06:59:40 pm »
Considering £35m there abouts gets you Isco the reported price if true is crazy.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43607 on: April 15, 2017, 07:18:01 pm »
Considering £35m there abouts gets you Isco the reported price if true is crazy.

It does?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43608 on: April 15, 2017, 07:21:47 pm »
for £35m, id take chambo by the hand, ruffle the bleached hair on his ninja turtle head, and walk him along the Mersey, and then come back alone.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43609 on: April 15, 2017, 07:23:48 pm »
Could be a good fit in our midfield if true, at Arsenal it feels like both he and Ramsey are struggling with Ozil being first choice #10 as there's less room for a box to box type. Hard to tell if his fitness issues are behind him or not but it seems like his injuries are typically short ones anyway, he hasn't had any major problems from what I remember?

The money seems a bit crazy but then it always does these days.

Lots of games in hand for Arsenal but still such a rapid fall to 7th, it's tough to see them clawing back enough points to get back up there.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #43610 on: April 15, 2017, 07:24:53 pm »
It's an obvious opportunistic deal for a player with one year left on his contract. It's never gonna be 35m and also who knows what role Klopp sees him being suited for. Most people thought he saw Gini as a 10. My guess would be an attacking fullback. He's already a failed winger, with a bit of quality coaching who could be outstanding fullback imo.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #43611 on: April 15, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »
If true I highly doubt it's for that much. Dunno what point Isco is though to be fair. If real were to sell him then I doubt it'd be less than 50 unless Perez is ridiculously desperate to fund the next galactico vanity buy.

I agree I'd like one more though, Keita is phenomenal but I don't know if we could get him from Leipzig.  Although you'd hope Grujic can establish himself next season too.

I like Chamberlain though, more so as a central midfielder. He's got great running power and dynamism from that Lallana type position just not the technical ability of Lallana. I think Wenger has completely misused him since they signed him and definitely think Jurgen could get an awful lot more from him in the centre of pitch.

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43612 on: April 15, 2017, 07:29:35 pm »
It's an obvious opportunistic deal for a player with one year left on his contract. It's never gonna be 35m and also who knows what role Klopp sees him being suited for. Most people thought he saw Gini as a 10. My guess would be an attacking fullback. He's already a failed winger, with a bit of quality coaching who could be outstanding fullback imo.

No way Chamberlain, looking to re-ignite his career, would agree to come here and be a back-up/option for full back. Klopp could sell a lot of things, but I doubt he'd be able to swing that one.

He'll be coming in as depth in midfield and out wide.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #43613 on: April 15, 2017, 07:30:00 pm »
for £35m, id take chambo by the hand, ruffle the bleached hair on his ninja turtle head, and walk him along the Mersey, and then come back alone.

Why would you drown him just as you are about to receive 35 million pounds for him?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43614 on: April 15, 2017, 07:30:36 pm »
No doubt hes a quality player, and can play centrally, out wide, or as a number 10. Loves getting about the pitch in a high tempo chaotic game, so liverpool could really suit him.
Our slow laboured possession style exposes his weaknesses, hes an instinctive player. Give him too much time to think and he chooses the wrong option.

I think it could be a good move for everyone.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43615 on: April 15, 2017, 07:31:45 pm »
Why would you drown him just as you are about to receive 35 million pounds for him?

You have a serial killer evil mind.
We were just having a stroll by the river.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43616 on: April 15, 2017, 07:38:46 pm »
It'll be closer to £20m than £35m. He's not worth £35m if he had 4 years on his contract.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #43617 on: April 15, 2017, 07:42:30 pm »
One other thing about Ox - during this horrible slump whenever I've seen some of those fans' videos, he's always been singled out as a rare shining light in terms of attitude and effort he showcased. Also one of the rare ones that always went to and applauded fans after these tough defeats they had in recent times - wonder if the resident Gooners would attest to that?

I think it bodes well in terms of mentality, he's clearly a lad who may lack quality or whatnot but it seems like he plays with pride and bottle.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43618 on: April 15, 2017, 07:49:02 pm »
One other thing about Ox - during this horrible slump whenever I've seen some of those fans' videos, he's always been singled out as a rare shining light in terms of attitude and effort he showcased. Also one of the rare ones that always went to and applauded fans after these tough defeats they had in recent times - wonder if the resident Gooners would attest to that?

I think it bodes well in terms of mentality, he's clearly a lad who may lack quality or whatnot but it seems like he plays with pride and bottle.

I've noticed that too from the recent ArsenalFanTV vids. I remember as well one of the Gooners on here saying that when the team play badly he seems to play really well, and when the team plays well he doesn't have his best games. If true, the first part of that bodes well for us - we've rightly been accused of being really flat when the whole system doesn't click, maybe having a player who can step up when we're not clicking will help galvanize the rest of the team into putting in a performance.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43619 on: April 15, 2017, 07:52:00 pm »

He always looks good when we struggle, and stops contributing when we are flying. Very talented player, but hasnt progressed like we hoped he would.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #43620 on: April 15, 2017, 08:24:02 pm »
Very high on Chamberlain a few seasons ago, had a great spell in centre-mid i seem to recall? Injuries and being at Arsenal seem to have stalled his development a bit.
Klopp getting him back to his best is a pretty mouth watering prospect to be honest.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:30:08 pm by BER »

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43621 on: April 15, 2017, 08:32:57 pm »
Only issue I have is his injury record. We need to sign more robust players.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43622 on: April 15, 2017, 08:34:32 pm »
Only issue I have is his injury record. We need to sign more robust players.

Hes good mates with Sturridge, they can practice that dance in the treatment room for months.

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43623 on: April 15, 2017, 08:53:58 pm »
On further reflection, the Ox has actually only missed 2 matchday squads out of 47 in all competitions this season, making 39 appearances. Missed a lot of last season through injury but given he's pretty much been injury free (by the looks of it) this season, maybe suggests he's not totally crocked?

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #43624 on: April 15, 2017, 08:59:28 pm »
Yeah, I think AOC will be all right under Klopp.  He and the staff have done well to prevent muscle  injuries this season. As long as AOC doesn't have a history of ligament problems, he should be a good addition to the squad.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43625 on: April 15, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »
Yeah, I think AOC will be all right under Klopp.  He and the staff have done well to prevent muscle  injuries this season. As long as AOC doesn't have a history of ligament problems, he should be a good addition to the squad.

I think he did his ligaments once, first game of season vs villa in 2014, we lost 3-1, he didnt play again till after Christmas.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43626 on: April 15, 2017, 09:09:45 pm »
Graeme Kelly is considered reliable?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #43627 on: April 15, 2017, 09:14:10 pm »
:lmao

As if
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43628 on: April 15, 2017, 09:25:04 pm »

Think so

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43629 on: April 15, 2017, 09:27:27 pm »
I'm not convinced we've signed him according to the papers we're interested in endless people, let's just wait and see what happens in the summer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43630 on: April 15, 2017, 09:40:32 pm »
To be fair he did once play for Southampton, so its very likely true.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43631 on: April 15, 2017, 09:42:57 pm »
To be fair he did once play for Southampton, so its very likely true.

We only sign Southampton players when they're at the absolute peak of their value though, not with one year left on their current deal.

Unless...Southampton get a percentage? That seems like us.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #43632 on: April 15, 2017, 10:19:14 pm »
I'm sure there was an episode of The Sopranos where this happened.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43633 on: April 15, 2017, 11:02:07 pm »

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43634 on: April 15, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »
I like Oxlade Chamberlain, always have. And I think Klopp could bring him up to the next level. He is only 23 after all, despite seemingly being around for ages. Got pace, physicality, good all round professional - heck, he could maybe give us extra depth in central midfield if that's what Klopp's thinking.

But £35 million AND on his last year at Arsenal? To say that is outrageous is a fair understatement - have FSG thought this through?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43635 on: April 15, 2017, 11:15:34 pm »

Got it spot on with regards to Rodgers being sacked after the Everton game (he stated this a couple of weeks prior), and Klopp's appointment as well.

That said, many reliable folk thought Sanchez was a done deal in 2014.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43636 on: April 15, 2017, 11:16:30 pm »
I like Oxlade Chamberlain, always have. And I think Klopp could bring him up to the next level. He is only 23 after all, despite seemingly being around for ages. Got pace, physicality, good all round professional - heck, he could maybe give us extra depth in central midfield if that's what Klopp's thinking.

But £35 million AND on his last year at Arsenal? To say that is outrageous is a fair understatement - have FSG thought this through?

FSG probably have no idea about any of this (if it's true), the manager, scouts and analysts are the ones thinking it through. Also is the price (or any of it for that matter) from a reputable source?

Edit: Just checked and the transfer if from a potentially reputable source but the fee is from the usual trashy places.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:23:28 pm by Schmidt »

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #43637 on: April 16, 2017, 03:54:31 am »
I very much doubt it will be for 35m. 25m is a fair price . We sold ibe for 15m . He is english so will come with a price.

Signing OX would not only add depth in Midfield it will also ad depth in Wing. I can see us signing him.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43638 on: April 16, 2017, 05:09:12 am »
Ox's agent is Aidy Ward, no?

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43639 on: April 16, 2017, 06:37:34 am »
I think the bubbling enthusiasm for the Ox here is just a bit too much.