Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5788073 times)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #43360 on: April 11, 2017, 03:29:12 pm »
I'll admit it would be nice if we usurped them in the top 4 for a while. I certainly can't see them anywhere near it next season if they lose Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott, Chamberlain, Ramsey and Wenger. That would take years to recover from.

Knowing us though I'm still half expecting a meltdown and to inexplicably hand them 4th on a plate. I'll believe it when it's mathematically impossible.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #43361 on: April 11, 2017, 03:33:24 pm »
Ironically, while I'm convinced Wenger has to step down, I think that would only be the beginning of Arsenal's problems. He would be leaving a poor legacy in terms of squad quality/depth and the new man would have a huge task on his hands. Going into a similar spiral to which we were familiar with after Benitez, and that United are currently experiencing, is not off the cards.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43362 on: April 11, 2017, 03:34:55 pm »
I think the players have jumped on the bandwagon that the fans have given them. Since the fans have decided that the only problem is wenger, the players have downed tools knowing they can get away with it. Embarrassing how we shy away from 50-50 challenges and generally always seem to put less effort into the game than the opposition. Wenger needs to go, but amazing how the players and the board have been getting away with it. That includes Sanchez and Ozil, the first thing I would do is pull their contract offers and put them up for sale, they want 300k for losing every week. Get rid.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43363 on: April 11, 2017, 03:50:16 pm »
I think the players have jumped on the bandwagon that the fans have given them. Since the fans have decided that the only problem is wenger, the players have downed tools knowing they can get away with it. Embarrassing how we shy away from 50-50 challenges and generally always seem to put less effort into the game than the opposition. Wenger needs to go, but amazing how the players and the board have been getting away with it. That includes Sanchez and Ozil, the first thing I would do is pull their contract offers and put them up for sale, they want 300k for losing every week. Get rid.
I'm no expert on arsenal but tend to agree, gets ridiculous when players start doing Leicesters and the manager is the only one getting it
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43364 on: April 11, 2017, 04:00:28 pm »
He is ruining his legacy. His story when it is told and all over will have this time at the forefront of his whole time at Arsenal. It is because of Wenger and the absolute spineless bastard owner/s who won't make the decision that is driving Arsenal fans absolutely insane.

Nope. You can't see the wood from the trees at the moment because you're so consumed with rage. History will remember him, alongside Chapman, as one of the two greatest Arsenal managers (until someone better comes along). He'll be remembered for the 3 titles won in style and all the FA Cups. He'll also be remembered for being at the forefront of the modernisation of British football ushering in the era of professionalism. This chapter will just be a footnote.

We've been here before with Clough. His time at Forest is remembered for the 2 European Cups and the league, not for the joke figure he became at the end. The same will be true for Wenger.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43365 on: April 11, 2017, 04:02:41 pm »

I'd love us to bid £40,000,001 for Sanchez!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #43366 on: April 11, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »
I don't watch much other than Liverpool, I watched the game last night...that was..I dunno how can I put this,er...if it was Liverpool I'd be screaming at the players for being shithouse c*nts. As we saw with Ranieri there's only one person getting fucked over if the players don't make an effort.

The board should give him another coupla years. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #43367 on: April 11, 2017, 04:14:47 pm »
The definitely need someone to come in and 'steady the ship'.

By 'steady the ship' I mean fuck off the fanbase even more, alienate their best players and spend a pile of money on a load of old wank.
Konchesky at LB? Make it happen!
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43368 on: April 11, 2017, 05:08:05 pm »
Richard "I need to shave my hands" Keys having a go at Carra over calling Arsenal players cowardly. Carragher is spot on, he was damning last night but all of it was fair
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43369 on: April 11, 2017, 05:39:58 pm »
Ok I'll say it.

Would Rafa go there?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43370 on: April 11, 2017, 05:40:28 pm »
Ok I'll say it.

Would Rafa go there?
of course he would
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43371 on: April 11, 2017, 05:41:20 pm »
Arsenal won't go to Rafa though.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43372 on: April 11, 2017, 05:47:05 pm »
Ok I'll say it.

Would Rafa go there?
Very controversial question Felch.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43373 on: April 11, 2017, 06:01:26 pm »
Ok I'll say it.

Would Rafa go there?
Don't think so, he looks committed to making Newcastle a credible Premier League team before he leaves them.

I'm fuming we didn't get a troopz video last night, he's the highlight of Arsenal fan TV
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:07:57 pm by Greatness »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #43374 on: April 11, 2017, 06:11:24 pm »
I'm fuming we didn't get a troopz video last night, he's the highlight of Arsenal fan TV

Kelechi acted the super-sub.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9OIT1UPE0I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o9OIT1UPE0I</a>

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #43375 on: April 11, 2017, 06:12:19 pm »
Any chance Wenger could become DoF? Or do the fans just want him out the door?
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #43376 on: April 11, 2017, 06:12:42 pm »
Richard "I need to shave my hands" Keys having a go at Carra over calling Arsenal players cowardly. Carragher is spot on, he was damning last night but all of it was fair

Jamie Carragher‏Verified account @Carra23 17m17 minutes ago
Interested in what your verdict is on why you failed to keep your job at Sky? Not heard you mention it before.

Richard Keys‏Verified account @richardajkeys
Replying to @Carra23
What would be your verdict be on the Liverpool players that failed time and again to win the title down the years?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #43377 on: April 11, 2017, 06:19:43 pm »
good grief, how childish - both of them :D

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #43378 on: April 11, 2017, 06:19:45 pm »
Interested in what your verdict is on why you failed to keep your job at Sky? Not heard you mention it before.

Replying to @Carra23
What would be your verdict be on the Liverpool players that failed time and again to win the title down the years?

Gary Neville‏Verified account
@GNev2
Gary Neville Retweeted Jamie Carragher
In Singapore at 0.55am but gonna stay up for this one..

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43379 on: April 11, 2017, 06:30:30 pm »
He was but sometimes he talks like he has the most groundbreaking thing to say.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #43380 on: April 11, 2017, 06:32:26 pm »

Replying to @Carra23

How many titles has Keys won?

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43381 on: April 11, 2017, 06:49:56 pm »
How many titles has Keys won?

How many Champions Leagues?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #43382 on: April 11, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »
How many Champions Leagues?

How many lawsuits?

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43383 on: April 11, 2017, 07:10:40 pm »
How many cancer suffering wives has Carragher cheated on with one of his daughter's mates?

Amazes me why people still pay attention to Keys.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #43384 on: April 11, 2017, 09:44:21 pm »
What I'm hearing a lot is Wenger must go.

What I'm not hearing is who they want to replace him. Seems so short sighted.
I've heard Tuchel being mentioned a fair bit, but it remains to be seen whether he'd leave Dortmund now. He's very much he's own man and doesn't seem like the type to jump at just money or an easy fix. He would fit the current Arsenal though(Wenger's Arsenal- not Graham's or those before him ;D)

That said- he may feel he's run his course at Dortmund- even though it's only been 2 seasons- who knows.
They're not doing as well this season, but we all know there's a manager in there.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:47:28 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43385 on: April 11, 2017, 09:48:40 pm »
I have to throw in my perspective on this, possibly because I think it is worth something, but mostly because I think it is different than most of what I've read.

While the supporters do not get paid as the likes of Wenger, and in fact subsidize his and the players' wages with exorbitant ticket prices, etc, I certainly want to point out that some of the fault lies in their hands.

Their dynamics with the club and amongst one another is like a study in masochism.  Within their social media, it seems they have a brilliant time with jerking one another off about how shite they are, and not even in a joking manner. They are quick to blame Wenger for not instilling a sense of confidence, whilst degrading, harassing, booing their players before, during, and after the game at the slightest hint of trouble. No surprise they tend to collapse at similar times every season - it could have a number of factors, of course, but I cannot stress enough the toxicity of the habit of their fan base to give up being actual supporters in the winter. They don't want their team to perform well, they want their ticket prices to have meaningful influence on the administration of the club.

I stress that I cannot blame them for being as upset as they are. That being the case, I don't think I can blame Sanchez and the like for phoning it in. Sure, he gets paid millions, but he'll get paid that whether or not he plays well, and I certainly wouldn't fault Sanchez for sticking it to the precious beauts in the stands. Their apologetics for his shite play and general harassment of the manager and other players speaks to this. Its a fucking circus over there, and the fault lies in large part to the rabid, entitled fan base when their best players leave this summer. It is entirely on them the fact that they've becoming the laughing stock of the football world.

Good riddance.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43386 on: April 11, 2017, 09:50:05 pm »
How many cancer suffering wives has Carragher cheated on with one of his daughter's mates?

Didn't know about that, disgusting.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43387 on: April 11, 2017, 11:44:38 pm »

He desperately clings onto any relevancy he can. He usually pipes up to join in controversy or complain about goal line technology or something

He feels really outdated at this point, like a remnant of a past age everybody just wants to forget
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #43388 on: April 11, 2017, 11:59:35 pm »
Telegraph are linking Liverpool with Oxlade-Chamberlain. Massively injury-prone, but what young player at Arsenal hasn't been? I definitely think he'll be leaving this summer along with Sanchez and possibly a few other mainstays

Any chance Wenger could become DoF? Or do the fans just want him out the door?

I think that opportunity has passed now. I think that was put forth a few years ago, along with him moving upstairs in a board role. He should have moved on after they won the FA Cup a few years ago. I think they have been linked with bringing in a DoF though
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:18:40 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43389 on: April 12, 2017, 12:12:37 am »
Just came in to ask about Ox. I've always been impressed by his technical ability as well as his pace and power. It's always surprised me that he barely starts for Arsenal and doesn't seem to rack up huge numbers. I think there's a player in there from what I've seen at least. What is the verdict among Arsenal fans?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #43390 on: April 12, 2017, 12:16:46 am »
Just came in to ask about Ox. I've always been impressed by his technical ability as well as his pace and power. It's always surprised me that he barely starts for Arsenal and doesn't seem to rack up huge numbers. I think there's a player in there from what I've seen at least. What is the verdict among Arsenal fans?

I could really see why we would want him: versatile with good footwork and work ethic. Liverpool were linked with him back in December too. Injury record is a question mark though.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43391 on: April 12, 2017, 12:20:04 am »
Chamberlain (and his manager) need to accept that he is a winger. He doesn't have the discipline or the tactical nous to play CM.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43392 on: April 12, 2017, 12:28:00 am »
Ox has 9 league goals in 124 PL games since joining arsenal, he's never scored more than 2 in a league season.

No way would I want somebody with those numbers in our front 3. If we continue with Firmino or a player like him up top we need players with him who are able to contribute 10+ goals a season too
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:29:44 am by Crosby Wych »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43393 on: April 12, 2017, 12:28:39 am »
He woudln't be playing in the front three, I don't think that's why Klopp wants him. I think Klopp see's him as a midfielder

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #43394 on: April 12, 2017, 12:35:16 am »
Chamberlain (and his manager) need to accept that he is a winger. He doesn't have the discipline or the tactical nous to play CM.

To be fair, some might have said the same thing about Wijnaldum.

He woudln't be playing in the front three, I don't think that's why Klopp wants him. I think Klopp see's him as a midfielder

Probably. I think like Wijnaldum, Klopp would probably see him as someone who could slot into a variety of positions, if need be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43395 on: April 12, 2017, 12:43:45 am »
To be fair, some might have said the same thing about Wijnaldum.

Probably. I think like Wijnaldum, Klopp would probably see him as someone who could slot into a variety of positions, if need be.

That's how I see it too. Someone to alternate with Lallana usually but capable of filling in for Mane or Coutinho if needed.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #43396 on: April 12, 2017, 12:46:18 am »
Ox has 9 league goals in 124 PL games since joining arsenal, he's never scored more than 2 in a league season.

No way would I want somebody with those numbers in our front 3. If we continue with Firmino or a player like him up top we need players with him who are able to contribute 10+ goals a season too

He'd only ever be a back up winger, if we lost all pace due to a couple of injuries to Mane and Co he might get a game there. He'd almost certainly come in as an understudy / challenge to Lallana and Gini. Good player in those roles, good feet, turns well on the ball, athletic, decent vision and passing. Injuries are a bit concerning as pointed out by RTG. If he's going into his final year of his contract and wants to come here, I'd take him, as he'll be cheap comparatively to other home grown players for a player of his quality and skillset.

I wonder who wants out? If Sanchez and Ozil go you'd think some want to follow. From what I've read they've a few players who dont have long left on their contracts? Huge problems there right now.

It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43397 on: April 12, 2017, 12:47:07 am »

That is a horrific statistic.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43398 on: April 12, 2017, 12:48:42 am »
That is a horrific statistic.
a lot of sub appearances though
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan