Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5782764 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #41360 on: February 5, 2017, 05:55:07 pm »
I rarely pop in here North Bank, but I found myself watching some of the fans reaction from yesterday on Youtube. Quite brutal and the old bloke seemed gutted.

Would you like Wenger replaced?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41361 on: February 5, 2017, 06:01:29 pm »
I rarely pop in here North Bank, but I found myself watching some of the fans reaction from yesterday on Youtube. Quite brutal and the old bloke seemed gutted.

Would you like Wenger replaced?

Yeh I think its time. I've never said that before. I didn't want to turn against him until I was 100% sure that this is all he has to give.
I think for the first time , even he can see that what he's doing now is just not good enough.
He still got one shot at redemption, and its a pretty long shot. Knock Bayern out of cl, then opinions might sway again, including his own opinion. Failure to do so and the writing is on the wall.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41362 on: February 5, 2017, 06:12:16 pm »
Yeh I think its time. I've never said that before. I didn't want to turn against him until I was 100% sure that this is all he has to give.
I think for the first time , even he can see that what he's doing now is just not good enough.
He still got one shot at redemption, and its a pretty long shot. Knock Bayern out of cl, then opinions might sway again, including his own opinion. Failure to do so and the writing is on the wall.
It's a massive decision for the club mate and seeing what's going on at Arsenal makes me feel so, so grateful we've got Klopp. You could well finish in the top 4 and us outside it, but we've got 5 or so years of Klopp ahead :)

That would have been a hard defeat to take but a measured conclusion should be reached based on the full season I think.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41363 on: February 5, 2017, 06:15:10 pm »
It's a massive decision for the club mate and seeing what's going on at Arsenal makes me feel so, so grateful we've got Klopp. You could well finish in the top 4 and us outside it, but we've got 5 or so years of Klopp ahead :)

That would have been a hard defeat to take but a measured conclusion should be reached based on the full season I think.
That could easily change with the Liverpool fan base if Klopp carries on getting the results he is right now. I got a slight vibe some are thinking along that line reading the main forum yesterday.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41364 on: February 5, 2017, 06:26:39 pm »

Youve got a fantastic manager, I just hope you can be patient with him. After all these years, you're very short on patience, Klopp has taken over a depressed club that needs a lift now and doesn't have the stomach for set backs.
The expectations at Liverpool are very tricky, people who enjoyed that he tells it how it is, may turn against him if he keeps telling it how it is .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41365 on: February 5, 2017, 06:29:19 pm »
That could easily change with the Liverpool fan base if Klopp carries on getting the results he is right now. I got a slight vibe some are thinking along that line reading the main forum yesterday.
It's idiocy mate but inevitable because people are idiots. Some people want instant success, it wasn't impossible that Klopp would have brought it and he got close with 2 cup finals. But his task is perhaps bigger than we thought, maybe not what he thought though. We need a spine which is achievable, you changing your manager will throw you in to uncharted transition.

Welcome to the land of managerial turmoil  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #41366 on: February 5, 2017, 06:33:50 pm »

No just because a couple of people are questioning it, doesn't mean it will happen. Our fans for the most part will back managers, even when they have a run of bad results. It happened to Rafa a couple of times, but the main support stayed behind him. I don't think it will be any different for Klopp.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41367 on: February 5, 2017, 06:36:28 pm »

Unfortunately you are probably right. There are already plenty of them on Twitter so I'm told. It's the modern day need it all right now type of fan though. Thankfully, their opinion matters not. Although as you say, if results don't change, their voice gets a little louder.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #41368 on: February 5, 2017, 06:37:28 pm »
Youve got a fantastic manager, I just hope you can be patient with him. After all these years, you're very short on patience, Klopp has taken over a depressed club that needs a lift now and doesn't have the stomach for set backs.
The expectations at Liverpool are very tricky, people who enjoyed that he tells it how it is, may turn against him if he keeps telling it how it is .

It is a bit frustrating that he has to remind people. But our crowd at Anfield is quite middle class now. Some of them kind of expect instant success, but the hardcore will stay loyal, and they are the most important people. It's when they start turning the worry begins, but I don't think that will be for a few years yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41369 on: February 5, 2017, 06:43:06 pm »

Arsenal fans should be careful what they wish for. There's no guarantee another manager stepping in would bring them the only success that would satisfy their expectations - the league title.

Wengers incredible ability to comfortably see them qualify for the champions league year upon year is so under appreciated by their fan base it's untrue. Sense of entitlement is thrown at our fans a lot but a few watches of Arsenal Fan TV would show you what that really looks like.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41370 on: February 5, 2017, 06:45:10 pm »
No just because a couple of people are questioning it, doesn't mean it will happen. Our fans for the most part will back managers, even when they have a run of bad results. It happened to Rafa a couple of times, but the main support stayed behind him. I don't think it will be any different for Klopp.
If Liverpool don't make top 4 the reaction will be interesting considering how long you have been in the top 4 positions so far until today. I think Klopp should have went into the transfer market to try and freshen it up and now it looks slow and lacking energy and I think Liverpool won't finish in top 4 now. The tide seems to have turned and once that happens, its nearly impossible to claw back.

As far as my own club is concerned, we will probably put a few wins together even if we have been awful as we seem capable of doing that. We have been shit but not shit enough that we can't put some wins together against the cannon fodder. Liverpool on the other hand don't look like scoring against some of these teams, never mind winning.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41371 on: February 5, 2017, 06:47:37 pm »

Arsenal fans should be careful what they wish for. There's no guarantee another manager stepping in would bring them the only success that would satisfy their expectations - the league title.

Wengers incredible ability to comfortably see them qualify for the champions league year upon year is so under appreciated by their fan base it's untrue. Sense of entitlement is thrown at our fans a lot but a few watches of Arsenal Fan TV would show you what that really looks like.
I'd actually like to see a challenge for the league, never mind just winning it. But a new manager will bring plenty of new things and it is that new which is very important to many Arsenal fans. We want to see something different.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41372 on: February 5, 2017, 06:48:58 pm »

I would have agreed with this at any time in the last decade.
I do think a change is needed, but Ive already said that 6 months after he leaves, we ll be battling for top 4 again.
I think he needs to leave because the atmosphere at the emirates has become poisonous. Something had to change, and he's given most his life to Arsenal.
I don't see any manager in the world winning the league with the squad We have though.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41373 on: February 5, 2017, 06:51:57 pm »
I do think a change is needed, but Ive already said that 6 months after he leaves, we ll be battling for top 4 again.
I think he needs to leave because the atmosphere at the emirates has become poisonous. Something had to change, and he's given most his life to Arsenal.
I don't see any manager in the world winning the league with the squad We have though.
I think we will win the league again within 2 or 3 years once he leaves. I can just see it happening. The staleness will have gone.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41374 on: February 5, 2017, 07:03:59 pm »
I think we will win the league again within 2 or 3 years once he leaves. I can just see it happening. The staleness will have gone.

Him leaving wont make us champions, we need to make a lot of good decisions after he goes, who to appoint, which players to get rid off, which to sign. I wish I could say its all Wenger's fault.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41375 on: February 5, 2017, 07:06:54 pm »
I think Arsenal are just a couple of players and an excellent manager away from success. The base of a strong squad has been built by Wenger and he should receive credit from all concerned for that. Arsenal have a lot of good players, just missing some more excellent ones.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41376 on: February 5, 2017, 07:10:31 pm »
On Klopp, yes right now is disappointing and the season could fizzle out. That would not be justified reason to sack him from the outside. Getting into CL places without super money is hard which is why the staduim years and what Spurs are doing now is impressive. This is Klopp's first full season so some adaptation is going to be happening, he warned he was lacking wingers at start of season and that has had an effect. The poor defensive record is worrying but he is a manager with a top record, shown what he can do at times for Liverpool already, he deserves patience as he tries to break into the top four. I imagine he will get it from fans here for the most part

Him leaving wont make us champions, we need to make a lot of good decisions after he goes, who to appoint, which players to get rid off, which to sign. I wish I could say its all Wenger's fault.

100% agreed

I think Arsenal are just a couple of players and an excellent manager away from success. The base of a strong squad has been built by Wenger and he should receive credit from all concerned for that. Arsenal have a lot of good players, just missing some more excellent ones.

I do worry signals from board of 4th place is the holy one are going to hinder thing and I agree Wenger has assembled a very good squad. It is partly why I'm unhappy with the results he has got out of it, he has assembled well but underachieved with the squad in my view

Well that "look at ye entitled Arsenal fans" comes based on a set of conclusions that are wrong and seem based on the wisdom of deciding Arsenal Fan TV is of the highest accuracy.

Yes, we could do a hell of a lot worse then Wenger. We could do what Man U did and appoint a Moyes. We could appoint a highly skilled manager who just doesn't click. I have actually said that a few times here. A fair few of us here have also said that to be satisfied, we don't actually require a league title. Rather then debate the actual circumstances, your trying to build us up using stuff North Bank, myself and others here haven't actually said. Which is rather rude for someone trying to get on their high horse

Wenger getting us to CL during the staduim years will rank among some of the greatest achievements of his time here. That doesn't work so well when we get similar results after the staduim years
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 07:13:04 pm by MagicHat »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41377 on: February 5, 2017, 07:10:39 pm »

Excellent ones require excellent money, we are not even willing to pay up to keep our best players let alone get new ones in. Not sure who the fans will blame when this remains the case after wenger leaves, maybe the real culprits.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41378 on: February 5, 2017, 07:11:42 pm »

I remember when Rafa left Liverpool. This was the Gilette and Hicks era when the air around the club was Toxic. Some fans just wanted a change - any change and wrongly accpeted Rafa going would be like a new chapter. In a sense it was, a downward one ( with a few ups - Kenny+ cups etc) but we're still not back to where we were. Not just challenging for top 4, but challenging for the Champions League itself.

Arsenal's club situation is very different, but that toxic atmosphere among it's fanbase seems all too familiar. The Wenger Out brigade highlight any draw, loss, bad performance as evidence he's past it, dismissing any win or top 4 league position as par/average.

If you support Wenger, it seems your only defence of him is justified IF he wins the league (and it's tougher to do so now than at any point).

It feels like fans are so fatigued by it all that any change will be deemed a positive one. "We want to see something different" typifies that.

However, it would seem a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I have no personal affection for Arsenal or Wenger, but it does sadden me to think a man who has brought so much to that club (and english game) could end his time at the club shrouded in so much hatred and abuse.

Perhaps a few years of squad recreation, playing style, jumping in and out of the top 4 is what Arsenal fans need to realise how good they had it.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41379 on: February 5, 2017, 07:11:51 pm »
EL Neny in the african nations cup final , id like to say weve missed him, but probably not.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41380 on: February 5, 2017, 07:12:38 pm »

I think if Conte and Kante joined Arsenal last summer they'd be where Chelsea are right now. If Conte can get players like Moses, Cahill and Luiz playing the way they are, he'd turn Arsenal's VERY good squad into champions, of that I have no doubt.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41381 on: February 5, 2017, 07:15:05 pm »
I remember when Rafa left Liverpool. This was the Gilette and Hicks era when the air around the club was Toxic. Some fans just wanted a change - any change and wrongly accpeted Rafa going would be like a new chapter. In a sense it was, a downward one ( with a few ups - Kenny+ cups etc) but we're still not back to where we were. Not just challenging for top 4, but challenging for the Champions League itself.

Arsenal's club situation is very different, but that toxic atmosphere among it's fanbase seems all too familiar. The Wenger Out brigade highlight any draw, loss, bad performance as evidence he's past it, dismissing any win or top 4 league position as par/average.

If you support Wenger, it seems your only defence of him is justified IF he wins the league (and it's tougher to do so now than at any point).

It feels like fans are so fatigued by it all that any change will be deemed a positive one. "We want to see something different" typifies that.

I have no personal affection for Arsenal or Wenger, but it does sadden me to think a man who has brought so much to that club (and english game) could end his time at the club shrouded in so much hatred and abuse.

Perhaps a few years of squad recreation, playing style, jumping in and out of the top 4 is what Arsenal fans need to realise how good they had it.

I feel if we made the change and finished outside the top 4, it would still be seen as success. Perception is more important now than what actually happens. No one is calling for Mourinhos head, or Klopps. The media wanted those changes, the fans wanted those changes, everyone agrees to sidestep the results and put it down to transition and progress.
Even if we slip down the table, we ll be progressing.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41382 on: February 5, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »
I think if Conte and Kante joined Arsenal last summer they'd be where Chelsea are right now. If Conte can get players like Moses, Cahill and Luiz playing the way they are, he'd turn Arsenal's VERY good squad into champions, of that I have no doubt.

Conte was not high on anyone's list, would Pep or Klopp have won the league with this team. I think we would have still finished below chelsea

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41383 on: February 5, 2017, 07:23:39 pm »
Conte was not high on anyone's list, would Pep or Klopp have won the league with this team. I think we would have still finished below chelsea

No idea whose list Conte was on. Just agreeing with Gerry that this Arsenal squad is really really good. Just a gettable* player (Kante) and good manager away from being the best around. I'd go as far as saying they've got fewer weaknesses than Chelsea (Moses & Cahill ffs). Just goes to show what can happen when a manager gets the best out of their players and gives them a winning mentality.

*cheaper than Xhaka, wages of £110k well within Arsenal's current structure

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41384 on: February 5, 2017, 07:25:44 pm »
EL Neny in the african nations cup final , id like to say weve missed him, but probably not.

Just scored a cracker

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41385 on: February 5, 2017, 07:27:11 pm »
No idea whose list Conte was on. Just agreeing with Gerry that this Arsenal squad is really really good. Just a gettable* player (Kante) and good manager away from being the best around. I'd go as far as saying they've got fewer weaknesses than Chelsea (Moses & Cahill ffs). Just goes to show what can happen when a manager gets the best out of their players and gives them a winning mentality.

*cheaper than Xhaka, wages of £110k well within Arsenal's current structure

Hindsight is wonderful. We should have hired Ranieri last season, and Conte this.
Not sure who to hire next season, its much tougher without hindsight.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41386 on: February 5, 2017, 07:30:10 pm »
I feel if we made the change and finished outside the top 4, it would still be seen as success. Perception is more important now than what actually happens. No one is calling for Mourinhos head, or Klopps. The media wanted those changes, the fans wanted those changes, everyone agrees to sidestep the results and put it down to transition and progress.

Now you sound like my Aston Villa supporting mate who was so angry with his club last season, he rationalised wanting to get relegated to see his team win a few games and coming back up the next.

Personally, I'd welcome a change and an Arsenal team in transition for a few years. It would mean more chance of Liverpool doing well.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41387 on: February 5, 2017, 07:34:26 pm »

Now you sound like my Aston Villa supporting mate who was so angry with his club last season, he rationalised wanting to get relegated to see his team win a few games and coming back up the next.

Personally, I'd welcome a change and an Arsenal team in transition for a few years. It would mean more chance of Liverpool doing well.

I think its a risk worth taking , 10 years in CL isnt something that can be put in a trophy cabinet. Id swap them for a league title..hell id swap them for another fa cup.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41388 on: February 5, 2017, 07:41:17 pm »

I actually see it the opposite way. We've been shit for 10 years but it's been nice knowing that on those rare occassions where we do get our act together we never have to worry about Arsenal getting in our way. We only have to hope that City, Utd and Chelsea have bad seasons. Unfortunatley for us on the 2 occassions we were good, so were Utd & City.

Now it seems a realistic possibility that Wenger will go, if we ever do challenge again there's the chance that 4 clubs could get in our way.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41389 on: February 5, 2017, 08:21:49 pm »
Any links for Ty from Arsenal TV having an argument with school kids a load of weeks back? Can't remember when it was to look back

Found it. Now I need the one were Ty goes on about his fans or something
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 08:26:37 pm by Brnylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41390 on: February 5, 2017, 09:17:53 pm »
Excellent ones require excellent money, we are not even willing to pay up to keep our best players let alone get new ones in. Not sure who the fans will blame when this remains the case after wenger leaves, maybe the real culprits.

Board probably.

Ah yes, the well run, rich Arsenal are just like Liverpool when, I believe the phrase at the time was the two cancers, were running the club into the ground. From what I remember, Benetiz was trying to hold a cash strapped club together that was being driven to the ground while Wenger is able to spend millions on players like Ozil and Sanchez in modern facilities and as one of the highest paid managers in the world with a board whose version of contract negotiations is "how many millions do you want my lord?"

I agree that the element where there is some similarity is mood is getting increasingly toxic at Arsenal. Not as bad as it was for Liverpool then but still it is getting worse season by season.

Well the defence pro-Wengerites put up is "we lack the money" and argue 4th is as high as we could go like North Bank does. I think Wenger on that front has been damaged by this season and last given events. I think the defence that Wenger needs is for people to say "under Wenger, the club is progressing, look at how things are evolving" but I don't think anyone is really able to say we do more then progress enough to stand still.

I think there is an element of any change is a good change from some and that is a, frankly, idiotic attitude. There are many many managers who would come in and take us out of CL, change needs to happen for us to progress and a club should look to progress when they can but that will only happen if we change to the right manager.

Any manager who abuses or hates Wenger is indeed a ungrateful brat.

Why don't you tell Klopp to stop trying to progress the team? When you demand Liverpool never try to achieve anything and demand they stop trying to fulfil their potential, I'll listen to why we should be grateful to try to match out potential.

Hindsight is wonderful. We should have hired Ranieri last season, and Conte this.
Not sure who to hire next season, its much tougher without hindsight.

Anyone who thought Ranireri was the answer to Arsenal's problems can safely be dismissed as having anything serious to say about the subject. A good man, a good manager but not what we needed given his record

As for Conte being hindsight, any manager in a new league is a gamble but I did think he would do well in the Prem. I just thought the squad was too bad for CL.

I think if we finished below 4th, bar a CL triumph, the new manager would be seen as a failure.

Neither Klopp or Jose have been at the club more then a season and a half. Wenger has been at the club for a long long time, the players, mentality, the strengths and weaknesses are all down to him whereas new managers at new clubs will argue it isn't till 2nd or third season. Now one can argue about the status of Liverpool and Man U, how their managers are doing, but Wenger doesn't have the "well I'm still building my team" argument
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 09:20:26 pm by MagicHat »

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41391 on: February 5, 2017, 10:16:21 pm »
The vast majority of it is Wengers fault. Wenger signs the players, sets the team up, coaches the players. Everything else has change as far as the team concerns via players coming in and going except the manager. The only good thing Wenger has done in the last 4 years is signing Ozil and Sanchez, mainly because it helped us win a few trophies and stopped the drought.

But Wenger has lost any intensity he had in his earlier years. We have had plenty of chances in the last 10 years to win a few league titles with the position we have found ourselves in around February or March. In 2008 when we went to Birmingham and dropped points, people forget we still had a lead after that game.

Wenger failed to get the players back on it and focused and the next game we drew against Boro at home. That is why we haven't won it for many years now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41392 on: February 5, 2017, 10:19:29 pm »

Why don't you tell Klopp to stop trying to progress the team? When you demand Liverpool never try to achieve anything and demand they stop trying to fulfil their potential, I'll listen to why we should be grateful to try to match out potential.

It's clear you've made your mind up about Wenger. Short of winning the league, you won't be satisfied so whatever a Liverpool fan giving his outside-looking-in opinion is, it really doesn't matter. You could finish second in the league and look back at this season with no enjoyment which I find sad.

I know if I were an Arsenal supporter, knowing Wenger will probably be signing off in the summer, I'd try to do what I can to cheer the team on for the final run of the season. Hell, meeting the team bus at the emirates once in a wouldn't hurt.

And yes, some of the abuse he seems to get at your ground is down right embarrassing.

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41393 on: February 5, 2017, 10:27:15 pm »
People have had enough and once you start alienating the supporters, you reap what you sow. If Wenger signs a new contract, it will be a disaster for Arsenal FC. The fanbase will be even more toxic which is why I think he won't sign it.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41394 on: February 5, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »
It's clear you've made your mind up about Wenger. Short of winning the league, you won't be satisfied so whatever a Liverpool fan giving his outside-looking-in opinion is, it really doesn't matter. You could finish second in the league and look back at this season with no enjoyment which I find sad.

Even though I have said several times in this thread about my goal isn't winning the league? Maybe English isn't your first language and thus failing to pick up on this? Fair enough, I'll try again and hope this helps :D

This is not about winning the league. Not. I repeat, not about winning the league. So stop saying it, otherwise you come across as unwilling to engage in debate as it makes you seem to not be listening to what is actually being said, making my views up and it makes the debate poorer. I'm sure it is inadvertent from you and now we have that cleared up, things should go a lot better.

We put in a title challenge and fall short at the last (rather then Febuary)? Give Wenger a contract. Given Chelsea's strong season that might not be possible so finish second showing strongly against our rivals, showing a platform for the future? Give a contract. Do the exact same thing as last few times despite the ability Arsenal has to progress? Not happy.

I would like to say I am more then happy for outside views, it can help pick up something I might have missed and it allows for fun debates. Your initial posts felt condescending, ignoring what was actually said by me and acting as if you knew my views when it felt like you hadn't read them at all and were thus making up my views rather then asking what they are. I should have thought that language might be a factor,  that it wasn't rudeness from you and so I shouldn't have jumped on you.  So for that, I apologize.

And yes, some of the abuse he seems to get at your ground is down right embarrassing.

Agreed.

But Wenger has lost any intensity he had in his earlier years. We have had plenty of chances in the last 10 years to win a few league titles with the position we have found ourselves in around February or March. In 2008 when we went to Birmingham and dropped points, people forget we still had a lead after that game.

I disagree with this bit. We had players shattered from the leg break, the likes of Almunia in goal and too many key players were out on their feet. We didn't have the squad to win the title that year
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 10:52:58 pm by MagicHat »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41395 on: February 5, 2017, 11:27:18 pm »
Even though I have said several times in this thread about my goal isn't winning the league? Maybe English isn't your first language and thus failing to pick up on this? Fair enough, I'll try again and hope this helps :D

This is not about winning the league. Not. I repeat, not about winning the league.. So stop saying it, otherwise you come across as unwilling to engage in debate because it makes you seem to not be listening to what is actually being said and it makes the debate poorer. I'm sure it is inadvertent from you and now we have that cleared up, things should go a lot better.

We put in a title challenge and fall short at the last (rather then Febuary)? Give Wenger a contract. Given Chelsea's strong season that might not be possible so finish second showing strongly against our rivals, showing a platform for the future? Give a contract. Do the exact same thing as last few times despite the ability Arsenal has to progress? Not happy.

I would like to say I am more then happy for outside views, it can help pick up something I might have missed and it allows for fun debates. Your initial posts felt rude (condescending), ignoring what was actually said by me and acting as if you knew my views when it felt like you hadn't read them at all and were thus making lies about my views. I should have thought that language might be a factor,  that it wasn't rudeness from you and so I shouldn't have jumped on you.  So for that, I apologize.
r

I'm afraid I'm not going to look through a 1000 page thread to see your entire viewpoint on Arsenal Football club. Nor would I expect to call you out for missing something I may have said halfway down page 457 - 8 months ago.

You seem to have taken my posts to heart, I understand you are feeling sore about the situation your club is in so I'll let snide remarks about language slide.

Good luck driving Wenger out of your club, I hope this works out well for you.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41396 on: February 6, 2017, 07:33:00 am »
I'm afraid I'm not going to look through a 1000 page thread to see your entire viewpoint on Arsenal Football club. Nor would I expect to call you out for missing something I may have said halfway down page 457 - 8 months ago.

Indeed, my asking that would be completely ridiculous and I would argue that would make me an unreasonable jerk unfit for this forum.

Asking you to read the posts I gave in response to you? That seems perfectly reasonable on my end. I said so once directly in response to you, a second time I also felt was clear enough but didn't directly say "don't need league title". I can see why the second might be overlooked but the first?

I also think if one is about to come in and lecture a set of fans on their attitude, double checking what the fans here think would be sensible and polite, you might be addressing the wrong audience in a high-handed manner. You might also find your attitudes towards the people on the thread might be wrong. Or that if one is going to declare someone has a certain view, a rudimentary check would be in order. In the Chelsea build up/the week (I'll go back to page 1030, I don't think that is too much to ask), how many times did I say we must win league? 0. How many times do I talk of progression? 3 or 4? Aiming to challenge for a title? 2 I believe. Even fiercely denied once about demanding to win the league before you came along in said pages.

I'm not sure why reading what I put and not putting lies about what I think is too much to ask? I would think that is a courtesy that good debate relies upon.

You seem to have taken my posts to heart, I understand you are feeling sore about the situation your club is in so I'll let snide remarks about language slide.

Given how important it is to make those whose first language is not English feel welcome here, if you feel I was being snide about the difficulties people have, please report me to the mods.

I have, in many many years on forums, come across things where someone might seem to be rude but where actually it is a simple case of language. That they misuse a word or fail to understand what is being said and take it wrong way and it all sorts out just by asking about the language. Given the alternatives of what you were doing would be that were not good looks for you, I assumed it must be a language thing.

If there is another reason why you did what you did, I will gladly hear it.

Good luck driving Wenger out of your club, I hope this works out well for you.

He is out of contract, I'm hoping he bows out with a third Fa Cup win just for a moment of glory before he goes. Will be a sad day for the club but one that is needed.

Good luck to you as well, I do hope Liverpool reach CL.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 08:53:15 am by MagicHat »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41397 on: February 6, 2017, 10:06:12 am »

He is out of contract, I'm hoping he bows out with a third Fa Cup win just for a moment of glory before he goes. Will be a sad day for the club but one that is needed.

Good luck to you as well, I do hope Liverpool reach CL.

7th... Fa cup win.

Also, chill out fam.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41398 on: February 6, 2017, 11:04:43 am »
7th... Fa cup win.

Also, chill out fam.
he's won 6 FA cups?  :o
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41399 on: February 6, 2017, 11:11:30 am »
he's won 6 FA cups?  :o

Yes, 98, 02, 03 ,05,2014, 2015. not bad is it, for a specialist in failure that never wins anything.