Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5781554 times)

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I like the fact you underestimate Arsenal this season!!
« Reply #3520 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:42 pm »
Just have a bad feeling that if Arsenal win the league it'll give G&H the perfect excuse to not provide funds in the summer. "If they can do it without spending big why can't we?"
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3521 on: March 25, 2010, 10:43:20 am »
They don't need an excuse, Samee. And they handed Rafa control of the youth set-up precisely to try to get future players on the cheap, not because of anything to do with consistency/style of football. Somehow, I'd prefer Arsenal.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3522 on: March 25, 2010, 11:13:11 am »
I hope for Arsenal this year.

Rooney is about to get serious knee problems again. Too much games seems to pay off, pretty much like with Fernando.

But they still got Berbatov and Giggs together with a couple of decent quality lads in their squad. Somehow they seem to manage around this season.

The departure of Ronaldo for sure has its consequence though, the burdon for Ronney to carry the weight pretty much on itīs own isnīt possible.
If they donīt sign another top attacking player in summer they will get into serious trouble which I exptected earlier...
Itīs never too late seeing the Mancs fall though... :-)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3523 on: March 25, 2010, 12:49:52 pm »
If Utd don't win the league, then Arsenal will. You can forget about Chelsea. Chelsea are running out of gas and they are losing confidence all the time

I think they got their confidence back :P
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Livid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3524 on: March 25, 2010, 02:18:03 pm »
Don't understand this:

If Utd don't win the league, then Arsenal will. You can forget about Chelsea.

Considering you already said this about United:

They won't win the title.

Anyway, silly to write teams off too early. Arsenal fans should know that better than most this season.
If it bothers you that much that your wife couldn't join the 'Coloured Society', I suggest you divorce your wife and marry a black woman.  Problem solved.

Offline aliverbirduponmychest

• Kopite
  • A team that plays total football.
« Reply #3525 on: March 25, 2010, 03:20:35 pm »
Don't understand this:

Considering you already said this about United:

Anyway, silly to write teams off too early. Arsenal fans should know that better than most this season.
afcgooner has an opinion like the weather. It can change by the minute! ;)
SoS membership number 4158
JFT 96

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3526 on: March 25, 2010, 03:34:05 pm »
afcgooner has an opinion like the weather. It can change by the minute! ;)

I think he's agree with you. Then he wouldn't.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #3527 on: March 25, 2010, 04:16:41 pm »
Can never forgive Arsenal for that Friday night in 1989, cried like a pussy, so its chelsea for me, then arse.

I still detest Luton Town to this day for those beatings on the placcy pitch
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3528 on: March 25, 2010, 04:18:31 pm »
walshy? an there horrible tory chairman an the way they tried to ban away fans, (but we still got in)
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline H Van Smeiter

• Main Stander
  • 93 skill
    • Blog, my arse.
« Reply #3529 on: March 25, 2010, 05:43:49 pm »
Hope slowly building, though the game this weekend looks like a real toughy especially with the injuries at the back.  Symbolically it's a big one too after our title challenge floundered at St Andrews two years ago.  Win it and we should be 2nd at the very least by the end of the following weekend.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #3530 on: March 25, 2010, 06:03:28 pm »
I'd rather Chelsea than either of them.

same.

The wankfest from the media and smugness from arsenal fans would be unbearable.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Arshavin23

• Main Stander
  • "I didn't see it" - Arsene Wenger
« Reply #3531 on: March 25, 2010, 10:56:30 pm »
same.

;)

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3532 on: March 26, 2010, 07:38:07 am »
same.

On the other hand...imagine if we won it; that would be grey day for the media. I bet they've got all the responses ready, especially as a couple of them thought we had a good chance this season.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline The_Cutter

• It must be Summer the TdF is on and The Cutter appears!
  • Legacy Fan
  • And then I went.
« Reply #3533 on: March 26, 2010, 07:55:02 am »
Fuck it, if it ain't us then I don't give a damn who wins it. Be it Arse, Chelsea or Mancs. The old tramp has been using us as motivation for decades, maybe playing catch-up again will give us all the kick in the balls we need.
"A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end . . . but not necessarily in that order." Jean-Luc Godard

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3534 on: March 27, 2010, 05:19:57 pm »
If Utd don't win the league, then Arsenal will. You can forget about Chelsea. Chelsea are running out of gas and they are losing confidence all the time and to be honest, Arsenal is now more consistent, the best squad we have had in 4 years and better goal threats....
Hmmmm.....
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #3535 on: March 27, 2010, 05:27:02 pm »
If Utd don't win the league, then Arsenal will. You can forget about Chelsea. Chelsea are running out of gas and they are losing confidence all the time .......

11 scored in the last two games.

I reckon your crystal ball needs a polish... ;)

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #3536 on: March 27, 2010, 05:28:05 pm »
oh oh!!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3537 on: March 27, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »
Was really bad when the blues scored but i did enjoy it a bit.

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3538 on: March 27, 2010, 07:38:56 pm »
Arsene is cracking up?
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=762524&sec=england&cc=5901

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger lost his cool during his post-match press conference after a late goal from Birmingham striker Kevin Phillips dented his side's Premier League title hopes.

Wenger had already expressed anger at the challenge by Blues midfielder Crig Gardner on Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas, which left the Spain midfielder with a knee injury.

And he uttered a four-letter-word response when asked whether there had been more than one bad tackle during the 1-1 draw.

Wenger said: "How is Fabregas? I don't know. We will have to assess him tomorrow. But it was a bad tackle, one more.

"He got tackled at the knee, kicked just under the knee. We tried to take him off but he said he was all right. Am I suggesting there were a lot of bad tackles? Leave me alone with that, for f***'s sake.
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3539 on: March 27, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »
Well if he had complained that any of Birmingham's tackles had been less then 100% perfect, we know how the press, and opposing fans, would have reacted ;) The press have been asking a lot about tackles, to get their Arsene whinger angle

Don't like it that he swore, hope he apologies when he calms down. Doubt it is a case of cracking up, just a very very annoyed Wenger losing his temper

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3540 on: March 27, 2010, 08:10:55 pm »
Well if he had complained that any of Birmingham's tackles had been less then 100% perfect, we know how the press, and opposing fans, would have reacted ;) The press have been asking a lot about tackles, to get their Arsene whinger angle

Don't like it that he swore, hope he apologies when he calms down. Doubt it is a case of cracking up, just a very very annoyed Wenger losing his temper

I guess most managers hate losing.  But Wenger's one of the worst 'sore' losers. 

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3541 on: March 27, 2010, 08:21:11 pm »
Arsene is cracking up?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger lost his cool during his post-match press conference after a late goal from Birmingham striker Kevin Phillips dented his side's Premier League title hopes.

Wenger had already expressed anger at the challenge by Blues midfielder Crig Gardner on Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas, which left the Spain midfielder with a knee injury.

And he uttered a four-letter-word response when asked whether there had been more than one bad tackle during the 1-1 draw.

Wenger said: "How is Fabregas? I don't know. We will have to assess him tomorrow. But it was a bad tackle, one more.

"He got tackled at the knee, kicked just under the knee. We tried to take him off but he said he was all right. Am I suggesting there were a lot of bad tackles? Leave me alone with that, for f***'s sake.

Any video of that? Would love to see it with my own eyes :)
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #3542 on: March 27, 2010, 08:57:10 pm »

St Andrews, where Arsenal title dreams go to die.

Let's hope not, anyway.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3543 on: March 27, 2010, 08:59:03 pm »
Has some cheating bastard been tackling Arsenal players again?

Have they no respect?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3544 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:47 pm »
CHOKE

Offline Imperium

• Main Stander
« Reply #3545 on: March 27, 2010, 09:30:08 pm »
Has some cheating bastard been tackling Arsenal players again?

Have they no respect?
I dunno but i heard it was a pretty  bad tackle, close to the knee. I would have been pissed off as well.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #3546 on: March 27, 2010, 09:39:08 pm »
Arsene is cracking up?

:lmao shut up wenger you fucking tool. Where was your outrage when Gallas was trying to break ankles to get you back into a game you were losing against bolton eh? Fuck you, and I hope that c*nt Fabregas is injured as well. :wave
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3547 on: March 27, 2010, 10:31:50 pm »
I'm surprised he hasn't asked for Birmingham to cease to exist as a club and for all their players to be banned and jailed.

The reason he gets asked about tackles all the time is because he always comes out with some comment fit for a lunatic.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3548 on: March 27, 2010, 10:34:24 pm »
I'm surprised he hasn't asked for Birmingham to cease to exist as a club and for all their players to be banned and jailed.

The reason he gets asked about tackles all the time is because he always comes out with some comment fit for a lunatic.

Bullshit, Mike. Tackling is a blight upon the game, and the sooner it ends the better.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3549 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:31 pm »
i watched this game with my mate, and it was fascinating to talk about. i bet that nasri would change the game, he bet arshavin  ;D to be fair, diaby made a great run to allow nasri his shot. chucho, who mcleish brought on pinned arsenals full backs when they were starting to pile on pressure, but he should have put more pressure on nasri - he just stopped and let him shoot. putting chucho on also left more space in midfield - mcleish's plan basically backfired because the combination left space for nasri in the middle when it was supposed to keep arshavin and nasri glued to the wings as well as pinning the previously rampant clichy and sagna

then phillips changed it all. arsenal were poor in the defence - they got nowhere near enough players behind the ball. phillips just had to beat the defender to the ball. almunia was awful for that goal. arsenal need a better keeper if they ever have intentions on the title. that simple. the rest is solid - they fight, play and have game winners. but naivety in defence, and mostly, especially, unforgivably almunia have dented arsenal badly today.

birmingham were good today, but arsenal threw the points away.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3550 on: March 28, 2010, 07:50:59 am »
I'm amazed how many people here were watching the Birmingham game and could judge the tackle that injured Cesc just below the knee.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3551 on: March 28, 2010, 08:27:17 am »
Magic, whats going on fella? We need you lot to do something to stop the hun and the mun from winning it.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3552 on: March 28, 2010, 08:32:30 am »
I'm amazed how many people here were watching the Birmingham game and could judge the tackle that injured Cesc just below the knee.

I didn't even see Match of the Day. I just enjoy taking the piss out of Wenger crying about tckling every time one of your players gets injured.

Especially considering some of the thugs who used to play for you and your disciplinary record before Wenger decided to put out teams consisting soley of 14 year old Africans.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3553 on: March 28, 2010, 09:56:30 am »

do you remember that tackle that fabregas made just before diaby's disallowed goal?
that was quite like the tackle that injured ramsey. infact if it had snapped someones leg it would have been identical.
and besides, that isnt why you lost.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #3554 on: March 28, 2010, 10:52:41 am »
Bullshit, Mike. Tackling is a blight upon the game, and the sooner it ends the better.

Aye, and defending too. And goalkeepers, whose sole intention seems to be to spoil the end of Arsenal's passing moves
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3555 on: March 28, 2010, 11:17:56 am »
I can empathise with Wenger to be honest. I mean his team ARE subject to shite tackles, just like all the top players are. And it's no different to Rafa taking the piss out of teams like Blackburn/Bolton etc with their 'styles of football that Barca will copy'! And Rafa's been doing it from his 2nd game with us when we played Bolton away.

Manager's will always say things like that in post match interviews when frustrations run high- including our own.

Oh, and what about half of RAWK going on about Torres and him getting chopped up all the time? Should we stop getting annoyed when players try and rough our injury prone striker up because they can't stop him fairly? People in glass houses and all that?

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #3556 on: March 28, 2010, 11:54:20 am »
does anyone have a video of wengers 'leave me alone FFS', i'd love to see it. good on him.
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3557 on: March 28, 2010, 12:17:04 pm »
Worst tackle I've seen all season was the Gallas one against Bolton.

If you don't like your boys being fouled sign a hardman or two Wenger, you clown. That way when the opposition put in a rough tackle they put one back in and then the opposition don't do it again. It's simple playground stuff - twat me and I'll twat you back twice as hard.

What would make me furious if I was an Arsenal fan would be that Wenger must know this because his 97-98 and Invincibles teams were full of dirty, cheating, fouling hard bastards who would get their retribution in first - Adams, Keown, Viera, Petit, Bergkamp. Players that were not only quality but fighters and having them also let the other quality players around them play under protection.

Offline MagicHat

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3558 on: March 28, 2010, 03:04:34 pm »
do you remember that tackle that fabregas made just before diaby's disallowed goal?
that was quite like the tackle that injured ramsey. infact if it had snapped someones leg it would have been identical.
and besides, that isnt why you lost.

Didn't see the game, I'll watch MoD on Monday and make a comment on the dissallowed goal for you. Considering we drew, it can't be why we lost. Considering my comments about Almunia in the Prem thread, the injury to Cesc isn't what I blamed so why you applied that to me, I don't know. I wasn't the one that started the comments on Wenger was I?

Oh noes, Wenger is a hypocrite. I thought all managers were truthful saints ::) I have never denied Wenger was a hypocrite or that we are as guilty as others. Still doesn't make Wenger's complaints to certain tackles or incidents unjustified and indeed, I think more managers should defend their skill players by condemning specific incidents where they are hacked . If the tackle/incident was clean then mock the complaining manager by all means, not when a striker has been punched or the playmaker had to avoid a stamp to the neck. In general I mean, not accusing Birmingham on this one

We win plenty of games, we have learnt not to be bullied but shouldn't the ref's and the media do their jobs? I do get horrified by some of the "tackles" we do and I was mortified when we tried to kick Nani off the park.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:35:21 pm by MagicHat »

Offline afcgooner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3559 on: March 28, 2010, 06:26:39 pm »
I didn't even see Match of the Day. I just enjoy taking the piss out of Wenger crying about tckling every time one of your players gets injured.

Especially considering some of the thugs who used to play for you and your disciplinary record before Wenger decided to put out teams consisting soley of 14 year old Africans.
14 year old africans...

Dear lord...