Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4042496 times)

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #16400 on: September 30, 2011, 01:31:22 am »
I posted a quick comment on Wooly's thread to mention a certain Shanklyboy.

Thought it fitting to think of Ray as he was one of the vanguard of Scalibans to rid us of the last owners.

His ethics he got from the man we recalled yesterday.

Dunno, tears wellin' at the memory of both.

well spoken.

miss em both.

:(

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #16401 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:37 am »
Has there ever been a better sound at Anfield than the Kop serenading Shankly to the tune of 'Amazing Grace'? Everything about it was right.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #16402 on: September 30, 2011, 01:02:41 pm »
I posted a quick comment on Wooly's thread to mention a certain Shanklyboy.

Thought it fitting to think of Ray as he was one of the vanguard of Scalibans to rid us of the last owners.

His ethics he got from the man we recalled yesterday.

Dunno, tears wellin' at the memory of both.

Both very good men in their own right, I was fortunate to meet Ray, a lovely man and of course Mr.Shankly, so much has been said about them I cannot add anything without being repetitious.

Strange i have them both in my personal text and signature  and I´m very proud of that
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #16403 on: September 30, 2011, 02:08:35 pm »
Vicgill posted : Both very good men in their own right, I was fortunate to meet Ray, a lovely man and of course Mr.Shankly, so much has been said about them I cannot add anything without being repetitious.

Strange i have them both in my personal text and signature  and I´m very proud of that

Hope the family are not too sad remembering the great man Vic - they no doubt hold a deep and abiding pride in coming from such stock.

Here everyone is Bill this and Shanks that and it's just dawned on me that it must be very strange for you his son-in-law to ever refer to him as anything else other than "Mr. Shankly, my wife's father." Ah well, they can never take away the memories eh Vic? Enjoy your home visit mate.

There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Pheeny

« Reply #16404 on: October 1, 2011, 09:16:03 am »
bumped to help you old gets find it...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #16405 on: October 1, 2011, 09:45:51 am »
bumped to help you old gets find it...
Some of us still won't be able to find it....

;)
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #16406 on: October 1, 2011, 09:49:34 am »
Both very good men in their own right, I was fortunate to meet Ray, a lovely man and of course Mr.Shankly, so much has been said about them I cannot add anything without being repetitious.

Epitomises the very essence of being a Red, Vic.

We learn the Liverpool Way from others within the Club.

Geeze, I'm gettin' soft.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #16407 on: October 1, 2011, 03:51:44 pm »
disgraceful decision to send rodwell off   :lmao

oh, derby days !!   :)
TRACUTHB  *****

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16408 on: October 2, 2011, 01:11:33 am »
disgraceful decision to send rodwell off   :lmao

oh, derby days !!   :)

Aint they grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleedin' miserable bitters ;)
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16409 on: October 2, 2011, 07:15:56 am »
Yep. Leonard was the first boxer to earn more than $100 million in purses, and he is considered to be one of the best boxers of all time. He won world titles in five weight divisions and defeating future fellow Boxing Hall of Fame inductees Wilfredo Benítez, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Durán and Marvin Hagler along the way.

Incredible fighter really, he won titles at Welter, light-middle, middle, super-middle and once at bloody light heavyweght!

johno have a look on mirra's boxing thread on here , those leaonard / duran fights in 1980 - epic.

Offline caradan

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16410 on: October 2, 2011, 09:23:09 pm »
Yes mate - still away. I'd be interested to know why this was necessary. I'm now going to do a bit of digging :P :P

Result of dig below!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/mar/17/manchester-united-home-anfield-1971
i was at that game, loads of liverpool fans went because we heard the utd fans were going to stand in the kop, it all kicked off afterwards, me and my mate were sat on the back of my brother in laws lorry going home, we were kids giving it the big i am shouting abuse as we passed the utd fans, when my brother in law jimi (god rest is soul) stopped the lorry for a laugh, i swear to god if he hadn't of started that truck in time they would have killed us, shit myself, then when we got a mile away we started shouting abuse again (why do we do that).

Offline stanleyparkmudonmyboots

• Main Stander
  • 78 then the 26
« Reply #16411 on: October 2, 2011, 11:37:46 pm »
i was at that game, loads of liverpool fans went because we heard the utd fans were going to stand in the kop, it all kicked off afterwards, me and my mate were sat on the back of my brother in laws lorry going home, we were kids giving it the big i am shouting abuse as we passed the utd fans, when my brother in law jimi (god rest is soul) stopped the lorry for a laugh, i swear to god if he hadn't of started that truck in time they would have killed us, shit myself, then when we got a mile away we started shouting abuse again (why do we do that).

Cos they're Mancs mate, which a lot of the people who come on here(not this thread) fail to realise and understand
that big rivalry between our two cities would still be there even if the football teams did not exist.
Tinaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16412 on: October 3, 2011, 11:18:50 am »
The biggest factor we have to recognise in my opinion is not how DIFFERENT our two cities are but how bloody similar are the histories of the two cities who were critically important to the economic and industrial well-being of Victoria's global Empire.

The slave trade aside, the power and influence of both our cities lies in their industries and their organised workers struggles, initially for trade union recognition and then the continued and developed competition for political influence - both nationally and of course regionally - in the wider labour movement. There are so many similarities between the two to mention. Population origins, racial mix, political standpoints, industrial power, popular and highly successful music scenes and yes of course, a century long history of sporting achievement (it has to be said by all our 4 teams at some stage or another) Any rivalry between us has to be likened to siblings striving for top spot in my view.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2011, 11:22:22 am by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16413 on: October 3, 2011, 11:23:23 am »
Today in history, Bob Paisley scored against Sheffield Wednesday.....

any memories??
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16414 on: October 3, 2011, 03:45:17 pm »
The biggest factor we have to recognise in my opinion is not how DIFFERENT our two cities are but how bloody similar are the histories of the two cities who were critically important to the economic and industrial well-being of Victoria's global Empire.

The slave trade aside, the power and influence of both our cities lies in their industries and their organised workers struggles, initially for trade union recognition and then the continued and developed competition for political influence - both nationally and of course regionally - in the wider labour movement. There are so many similarities between the two to mention. Population origins, racial mix, political standpoints, industrial power, popular and highly successful music scenes and yes of course, a century long history of sporting achievement (it has to be said by all our 4 teams at some stage or another) Any rivalry between us has to be likened to siblings striving for top spot in my view.

Coincidence but I was talking to a Belgium lad on the plane the other night who was a Man u fan and he was asking me about Liverpool and what was special about it, I was going on about this and that, and he said to me the place you're describing is very like Manchester and after laughing I had to concede that to an outsider the two places have alot in common. We all know about are differences, our eloquent lyrical musical accent contrasted to the Manchester drone etc but rarely do either side of the divide do we accept how much we have in common because it wouldn't be right would it, we like slagging off each other
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline stanleyparkmudonmyboots

• Main Stander
  • 78 then the 26
« Reply #16415 on: October 3, 2011, 11:01:15 pm »

Not sure if this was a reply to my post,cant disagree with anything your saying there,its how that rivalry manifests itself which is talking point i think.
Tinaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #16416 on: October 4, 2011, 01:13:56 am »
Johnno, I agree with you about the sporting achievements of both cities. I also agree about people from both cities having the same working class ethic and a kind of "fuck you lot down south" type of attitude.
Everything else as well.
But musically, The Beatles will never be beaten mate..   ;)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16417 on: October 4, 2011, 06:56:34 am »
Totally agree there mate. I loved 'em - and still do.

The best of the 4 sadly went first though for me.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #16418 on: October 4, 2011, 09:24:13 am »
Watched Nowhere Boy on telly night before last, I've never seen it for some reason. Really enjoyed it - the two lads they had playing John and Paul both really looked like what I imagine a 15 year old Beatle would have looked like. Imagine - see what I did there! Did it by accident as it happens.

Just bought the re-issued re-mastered '1' album. Brilliant collection. It is hard to believe that George was still only 23 when they split up; talk about packing a lot in in a few short years. Excellent guitarist I always thought. There is a new Martin Scorcese documentry out about him out, "George Harrison: Living in the Material World" which should be good.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16419 on: October 4, 2011, 11:27:39 am »
They were astonishingly talented. As part of the Rock generation of the mid-50's (OK tho' only 10 or so was listening to all the stuff coming out of the US of course) and we were treated here to Bill Haley and the Comets,  Elvis , Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Gene Vincent, Jerry Lee Lewis and my all-time favourite Buddy Holly.
In response the UK produced Lonnie Donegan, Tommy Steele, Billy Fury, Adam Faith, Marty Wilde and of course good old Cliff. Really, apart from Lonnie none of 'em were anything other than cheap copies. Then something very special happened on 17 October 1962. I had just left school in the summer so I was 16 going on 17 in December. I remember it was teatime around 6.00 pm and we were watching 'People and Places' on Granada TV as Bill Grundy introduced this bunch of ragtops called the Beatles who immediately launched into Love Me Do. Now that harmonica opening 16 bars or whatever it was (Terry will put us right...) almost knocked me out of the chair!

Brilliant brilliant noise those harsh opening dischord notes were - and that wasn't anything like what the States had been sending us nor like anything we'd produced so far in response. It to me was totally OUR noise - and of course it was the beginning of the Mersey Sound. That was the start of my love affair with those 4 bleeders from up the East Lancs. Even me Dad said now then, here's something different at last.

Fantastic they were in those 7 short years 62 - 69 when it all started going tits up (just my opinion). They almost single-handedly brought about the UK music revolution and carried what I always thought of as our music back to the States when they stormed the US and of course were in turn followed by the likes of the Hollies , the Stones, the Who and it goes on.....(and even Herman's Bloody Hermits too would you believe!!)

I was in a band from 63 until 65 (was vocalist) and like all bands we were dreaming of the big time. One time we were on at the youth club dance on a Sunday night at St Luke's in Benchill Wythenshawe and we'd been told an agent was coming to see us. We dressed very much in the style of the day - cuban-heeled boots, black polo-necked sweaters, denim tops and slightly flared denim jeans and the obligatory long hair and we were going down very well that night. At the break this fat guy comes over to us and asks for a word. He said he liked what we could do but didn't like the image. He offered us a deal if we'd all get rid of our current gear and dress in silver grey trousers, striped college blazers and get our hair cut short - with side partings!! As you'd imagine we pissed him off in short order.

About 6 months later some bleeders from darn sarf recorded Tossing and Turning (it was the Ivy League) - and you guessed it, they were wearing exactly what we told him to shove up his arse!

The biggest times we had were first winning a talent competition at Baguley Labour Club in Wythenshawe which carried with it a supposed TV appearance on Granada. It never happened but the bastards who came second (a trio called the Hillbillies) did appear. They had a real double-bass - you know, the ferkin' big violin thing!! I've never forgiven Granada!!

We followed this huge success up by appearing with Freddie and The Dreamers at Stockport Town Hall - when I didn't even know who the feck they were!! We actually went down better than them that night !

The other ferking fiddle we were subjected to was when me and Graham Ryder (at weekends our rythm guitar and by day a Manchester Corporation flagger) wrote a really nice little song , taped it and sent it in. Heard nothing but about 6 weeks later a group called the Cimarrons (from Brum I think they were) brought a record out - and it was only our ferkin' song!! It did nowt for them as they'd ferked about with it and re-arranged it to jazz it up. Can't remember it too clearly now but it was along the lines tempo-wise of I think of You (The Merseybeats). These tits turned it into a Long Tall Sally!!

Eeeeeh, happy days!!

« Last Edit: October 4, 2011, 11:34:23 am by Johnnowhite »

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #16420 on: October 4, 2011, 02:25:22 pm »
It is hard to believe that George was still only 23 when they split up
He was 27 actually (though that's still a mighty young pup!).

The documentary airs over here tomorrow night on HBO - I can't wait as it looks tremendous.  If anyone's really hardcore (and I freely confess that I am!), you might want to check out this.  It's a beautiful book, and includes some great photos of 1940s/50s-era Liverpool, along with the more expected "before/after we was Fab" stuff. 

George was one of my first crushes and certainly a huge musical influence, as a storage room full of albums/bootlegs, videos and three Gretsch guitars will attest!  :-[   

^^^ Johnno - yet another great post!  Please keep 'em coming.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #16421 on: October 4, 2011, 02:30:23 pm »
Great story that, Johnno lad.
I played the official opening of the new Cavern in a band that supported the main band, who were The Ivy League.
I know they were mildly famous during the 60's but we tore the place apart with our set and they were shitting themselves back stage because they had to follow us.   ;D

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16422 on: October 4, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »
Totally agree there mate. I loved 'em - and still do.

The best of the 4 sadly went first though for me.

Jonno, I was really into the northern soul scene in the late sixties and early seventies. Do you remember the Twisted Wheel? Legendary that place is.
When in Rome...

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16423 on: October 4, 2011, 10:15:07 pm »
Jonno, I was really into the northern soul scene in the late sixties and early seventies. Do you remember the Twisted Wheel? Legendary that place is.

Pity Ray's not around to reminiss with you keith, he was well into his Northern Soul there's a youtube posted earlier on in the thread, with Ray on it from Wigan casino
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16424 on: October 4, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »

Pity Ray's not around to reminiss with you keith, he was well into his Northern Soul there's a youtube posted earlier on in the thread, with Ray on it from Wigan casino

Mad thing is mate, it's probably as big now as it ever was, so many reunions around the place. I always thought I'd left it behind a long time ago but when I started hearing the sounds again it all came flooding back, it's then you realise it just never leaves your system. I honestly think once you've had the bug it's inside you for life.
Would have enjoyed a bit of a walk down memory lane with Ray, well, just like the music, he'll be remembered for a long long time to come.
When in Rome...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16425 on: October 4, 2011, 10:53:07 pm »
Watched Nowhere Boy on telly night before last, I've never seen it for some reason. Really enjoyed it - the two lads they had playing John and Paul both really looked like what I imagine a 15 year old Beatle would have looked like. Imagine - see what I did there! Did it by accident as it happens.

Just bought the re-issued re-mastered '1' album. Brilliant collection. It is hard to believe that George was still only 23 when they split up; talk about packing a lot in in a few short years. Excellent guitarist I always thought. There is a new Martin Scorcese documentry out about him out, "George Harrison: Living in the Material World" which should be good.

Jeez George was only 23, bloody hell even though I consider myself a big Beatles fan,I never realised that. George was always my favourite though, loved his All Things Must Pass album.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #16426 on: October 4, 2011, 11:32:55 pm »
Jeez George was only 23, bloody hell even though I consider myself a big Beatles fan,I never realised that. George was always my favourite though, loved his All Things Must Pass album.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #16427 on: October 5, 2011, 05:24:06 am »
Couldn't think of a better place for this:

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #16428 on: October 5, 2011, 07:24:23 am »
Yes George Harrison went to Hamburg with the band at the ripe age of 13  ;)

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #16429 on: October 5, 2011, 08:14:26 am »

Just shows how good my memory is! Still, not a bad legacy to walk away with at the ripe old age of 27!

This is in the Guardian today.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/04/beatles-met-elvis-liverpool-exhibition

It was the meeting of two of the greatest rock'n'roll acts of the 20th century but the first, and only, rendezvous between the Beatles and Elvis Presley almost fell flat, according to a new exhibition in Liverpool.

Elvis and Us, which opens to the public at the Beatles Story museum in Liverpool on Wednesday, has been co-curated with archivists from Presley's Graceland mansion in Memphis, Tennessee.

The show tells the story of the band's meeting with Presley at his house in Bel Air, California, when the group were on their 1965 US summer tour.

It did not start well, according to Tony Barrow, the Beatles' press officer in the 1960s. Having walked past Bentleys and Harley Davidson motorcycles into Presley's home, John Lennon got straight to the point.

"John asked what had happened to the old rock'n'roll Elvis, who at that point was mainly singing the soundtracks to his films," Barrow said. "He was half-joking but he meant it."

Presley laughed off the comment, but the conversation remained stilted until Presley ordered guitars to be brought into the room. "They all started jamming and that is when the party took off," Barrow said. "With words, they didn't have much to say. But as soon as they got into the music the conversation began to spark."

The supergroup made their way through rock'n'roll classics, as well as some Beatles and Presley hits, but drummer Ringo Starr soon felt left out, said Barrow, who features in video interviews in the exhibition.

"Ringo was tapping out a backbeat on chairs, but he soon wandered out of the jam session and started playing pool with some roadies."

The Beatles knew their stay was over when Colonel Parker, Presley's manager, entered with doggie bags – featuring pressings of Presley hits – for everyone there.

Although they were later pleased they had met a star so vital to their own sound, the group members were initially underwhelmed, Barrow said.

"John said it had been about as exciting as meeting Engelbert Humperdinck. Someone else wondered if Elvis was stoned out of his mind, and George Harrison just said: 'Aren't we all?'"

The exhibition, which features Elvis artefacts never before seen outside of Graceland – such as his Las Vegas rhinestone-encrusted jumpsuits and the shirt he wore in Jailhouse Rock – will nonetheless explore the influence he had on the Beatles.

"When the Beatles first went to the states, it was like they were going to the Holy Land, and Elvis was their greatest idol," Barrow said.

"But I don't think it worked the other way – if anyone had anything to fear from the Beatles, it was Elvis."
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #16430 on: October 5, 2011, 07:18:12 pm »
Since you all are talking about that time, this is one of my favorite photos - one of Astrid Kircherr's.  This copy of the pic is small so you may not be able to make out any possibly recognizable faces.  But I just love this as it feels like the city's entire under-25 population was in a band (which is certainly the impression most of us had anyway!):

Offline pepecat

• Main Stander
« Reply #16431 on: October 5, 2011, 09:17:40 pm »
Couldn't think of a better place for this:

They still use cassettes in police interviews. A few years ago they would give a copy of the tape to the punter. A number of recordings were played over the loudspeakers at local clubs: the heroic "no comment" in the face of sustained interrogation, that is, or the clever but not quite crossing the line backchat. Not the humiliating capitulations. Anyway, this was thought to bring the bizzies into disrepute, so now copies are only given to the solicitor and then only if the suspect is charged.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #16432 on: October 6, 2011, 01:50:14 am »
Since you all are talking about that time, this is one of my favorite photos - one of Astrid Kircherr's.  This copy of the pic is small so you may not be able to make out any possibly recognizable faces.  But I just love this as it feels like the city's entire under-25 population was in a band (which is certainly the impression most of us had anyway!):

Terry's on there somewhere.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #16433 on: October 6, 2011, 02:09:18 am »

Terry's on there somewhere.
;D

I turned up a little later..   ;)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16434 on: October 6, 2011, 11:32:44 am »
That there geetar looks Fender Stratocaster/Telecaster (-ish) to me Tel mate.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #16435 on: October 6, 2011, 01:12:21 pm »
You're right with your first guess mate.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16436 on: October 6, 2011, 01:39:16 pm »
Well someone had to take over the mantle left by Blackmore terry  :-)
« Last Edit: October 6, 2011, 07:12:18 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #16437 on: October 6, 2011, 02:05:00 pm »
Well someone had to take over the mantle left by Blackmore terry  :-)
He was my first proper guitar hero, as it happens.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16438 on: October 6, 2011, 02:06:29 pm »
Quote from: Johnnowhite on Today at 11:32:44 AM

Terry Di Niro posted in response:You're right with your first guess mate.

I prefer to see it as not so much a guess Tel lad but more of an intuitively inspired recollection ....... ;) ;) ;)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #16439 on: October 6, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »

I prefer to see it as not so much a guess Tel lad but more of an intuitively inspired recollection ....... ;) ;) ;)
Haha!  ;D