Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4036873 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #16240 on: September 19, 2011, 03:47:54 pm »
Maybe they all went out the night before the game..... :P :P :P ::)

Only jesting here.

But on a serious note, KD will need to get hold of it early from a disciplinary viewpoint.
He can't afford to be missing key men when he's trying to generate some results-momentum within the club.
I think he'll be having some effin' strong words (maybe he had them roundabout 10.00am this morning?)  as it should be done, in private - where it's nowt to do with the papers or the tellymen.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:49:42 pm by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #16241 on: September 19, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »
He will sort it of that there is no doubt. Good job we have a mid week game.

Now were in here can we change the wall paper and maybe get in a new carpet?
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16242 on: September 20, 2011, 02:08:33 am »
Bump.  Too close to page 2.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16243 on: September 20, 2011, 08:50:59 am »
Should we join the bunker thread on to this one?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16244 on: September 20, 2011, 09:54:25 am »
Not a good start to the day.

Left the house at 4.40 to drive down to the Manchester office for some work today.

Loads of delays on the way down and I'm now sitting opposite a guy who hasnt been off the phone for an hour, and has the loudest and horriblest manc accent you can imagine.

Its gonna be a long day
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #16245 on: September 20, 2011, 11:02:49 am »
Sad really, Even my own lad hardly goes out, by the time I was 12 like many on here I was going to aways, bunking trains etc My lads mates are 13/14 and I can't imagine dropping them in London and them being able to get back with no money, they're nice kids and not really that streetwise, don't know what the answer is either because they'd get eaten alive if they hung around the streets with the money available with selling drugs the level of acceptable violence has snowballed for kids these days, what we solved with sticks and stones can easily end up with knives to guns and as sad as I am they don't have the freedom we had, part of me's glad they don't hang around the streets because I know how nasty things can be today.

Thats why I stayed on the hebrides for so long, the kids could go out and roam like we did.  Must admit though it did nothing to make them streetwise but the daughter being able to do karate and having some punch on her makes me feel better now she's flown the nest.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #16246 on: September 20, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »
Bump
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16247 on: September 20, 2011, 10:48:10 pm »
Bump

Good to hear from you Vic, could do with you on the main board! Just posted a thread on the main board about people putting forward their most underrated players at Liverpool, and all i am getting is Stan Collymore! etc.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16248 on: September 20, 2011, 10:59:10 pm »
Feeling old this evening. Teenage daughter has been in one of those "woe is me" moods. I know she's only being a teenager but Mr Kwalitee is away & he normally deals with her as I have a short temper! She plays the flute & today the bugger has broken, this is the end of the world of course. To add insult to injury I now need to put on reading glasses so that I can see properly to try to mend it. Even with the glasses I can't so it's off to the music shop to spend money getting it fixed.

Ah well, it's my birthday Friday so I'm hoping for a good trip to Anfield on Saturday for my present.

Offline stanleyparkmudonmyboots

• Main Stander
  • 78 then the 26
« Reply #16249 on: September 20, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »
Good to hear from you Vic, could do with you on the main board! Just posted a thread on the main board about people putting forward their most underrated players at Liverpool, and all i am getting is Stan Collymore! etc.  :D

Excuse me!! I threw one in about rocket ronny...Im takin my ball in
Tinaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16250 on: September 20, 2011, 11:01:38 pm »
Excuse me!! I threw one in about rocket ronny...Im takin my ball in

I don't have a argument with Ronnie, I always liked him. ;D

• Main Stander
  • 78 then the 26
« Reply #16251 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:01 pm »
Forgiven..its a good thread nice one :)

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16252 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:54 pm »
Anyone said Paul Walsh? Although I'm not sure he was underrated more just forgotten. One of my favourite players.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16253 on: September 20, 2011, 11:05:25 pm »
Feeling old this evening. Teenage daughter has been in one of those "woe is me" moods. I know she's only being a teenager but Mr Kwalitee is away & he normally deals with her as I have a short temper! She plays the flute & today the bugger has broken, this is the end of the world of course. To add insult to injury I now need to put on reading glasses so that I can see properly to try to mend it. Even with the glasses I can't so it's off to the music shop to spend money getting it fixed.

Ah well, it's my birthday Friday so I'm hoping for a good trip to Anfield on Saturday for my present.

Woe is me! I can just about remember those days myself! Hope you have a good trip on Saturday, she will have bucked up by then! :) 

• Main Stander
  • 78 then the 26
« Reply #16254 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:59 pm »
Anyone said Paul Walsh? Although I'm not sure he was underrated more just forgotten. One of my favourite players.

No no one has, good one though think your right about him being more forgotten though.Bad ankle injury ruined it for him(never treated properly remember him saying they used a ultra sound machine(?) on it for six months before they realised it was broke!!)

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16255 on: September 20, 2011, 11:11:21 pm »
Woe is me! I can just about remember those days myself! Hope you have a good trip on Saturday, she will have bucked up by then! :) 

Cheers, I know it turns round pretty quickly as a rule, just a complete pain in the arse while she's in full prima donna mode. I always enjoy the match, it's the thing I did before I got married & had kids. It's like going home. I'll meet my brother &  mates, have a beer & make the most of being out for the day  :D

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16256 on: September 20, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »
No no one has, good one though think your right about him being more forgotten though.Bad ankle injury ruined it for him(never treated properly remember him saying they used a ultra sound machine(?) on it for six months before they realised it was broke!!)

I remember that match. He was great that season, you're right he was never the same after. Shame.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16257 on: September 20, 2011, 11:14:28 pm »

Funnily enough I know loads of people who loved Paul Walsh, one of those players who just attracted admirers from everywhere. He was very good on his day, another underrated one was Phil Boersma, scored 4 goals in our UEFA cup run of 72-73, never managed to cement a place in the team though.

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16258 on: September 20, 2011, 11:21:41 pm »
Funnily enough I know loads of people who loved Paul Walsh, one of those players who just attracted admirers from everywhere. He was very good on his day, another underrated one was Phil Boersma, scored 4 goals in our UEFA cup run of 72-73, never managed to cement a place in the team though.

That's a bit before my time so I'll take your word for it, feeling a bit younger now! Cheers  ;D ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16259 on: September 20, 2011, 11:23:44 pm »
That's a bit before my time so I'll take your word for it, feeling a bit younger now! Cheers  ;D ;)

Jeez I'm going to bed now, even I feel old!

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16260 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:22 pm »
Jeez I'm going to bed now, even I feel old!

Sorry, I'm off too - goodnight all.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #16261 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:31 am »
Dont know what's in teh water downunder. Another neice.  Liverpool Ladies better be a top team when they grow up. 2 out of two babies born this year, little girls. Time to max out at LFC shop :)
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16262 on: September 21, 2011, 11:48:50 am »
Congratulations Rafa mate. A 100% female strike rate. My kids are just the opposite. 7 arrivals between the three of em - 7 with dangly bits.

I've already alerted the Scots bloke at Old Trafford in case any prove good enough like  ..... ::) ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:50:28 am by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16263 on: September 21, 2011, 12:55:31 pm »
Congratulations Rafa mate. A 100% female strike rate. My kids are just the opposite. 7 arrivals between the three of em - 7 with dangly bits.

I've already alerted the Scots bloke at Old Trafford Anfield in case any prove good enough like  ..... ::) ::)

Fixed that like.

Their Grand -Da might be converted by time they're grown  ;)
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16264 on: September 21, 2011, 06:02:02 pm »
Picked my grand-son from Cardinal Heenan this afternoon and kids
walking past a load of conkers on the floor under a tree, no interest at all.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #16265 on: September 21, 2011, 06:04:42 pm »
Dont know what's in teh water downunder. Another neice.  Liverpool Ladies better be a top team when they grow up. 2 out of two babies born this year, little girls. Time to max out at LFC shop :)

congratulations mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16266 on: September 22, 2011, 07:59:30 am »
Rafa_La posted  yesterday:

"Fixed that like.

Their Grand -Da might be converted by time they're grown" 

Please please Rafa mate tell me you won't hold your breath.....I'll never be able to sleep easy until you promise now..... ;) ;)

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16267 on: September 22, 2011, 08:30:27 am »

"Fixed that like.

Please please Rafa mate tell me you won't hold your breath.....I'll never be able to sleep easy until you promise now..... ;) ;)

HeeHee! Not me,Johnno.  :)
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16268 on: September 22, 2011, 11:12:32 am »

"Fixed that like.

by 2020 you'll be watching the salford all stars up against the madrid galactico's and the catalan superstars and the anzhi atoms in the play offs for the world series of the european soccer tournament............good luck with that btw
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:14:54 am by Vulmea »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16269 on: September 22, 2011, 11:18:06 am »
Vul, do you think it's THAT far away?  'Cos sadly I don't.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16270 on: September 22, 2011, 11:57:26 am »
 :lickin  :lickin
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #16271 on: September 22, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »
:lickin  :lickin

Either Iam pissed or that looks like Robbie Savage.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16272 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »
Either Iam pissed or that looks like Robbie Savage.

Your pissed! Who wants to see Robbie Savage in here?
When in Rome...

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16273 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:59 am »
Your pissed! Who wants to see Robbie Savage in here?
The mortician?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16274 on: September 23, 2011, 06:31:13 pm »
When in Rome...

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16275 on: September 24, 2011, 03:57:05 am »
Talk about being in bowels of forum.

Took an age to find 'ere. :wave
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Pheeny

« Reply #16276 on: September 24, 2011, 09:57:59 am »
Talk about being in bowels of forum.

Took an age to find 'ere. :wave
it's up to you lot to keep it up the board. ;)

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16277 on: September 24, 2011, 11:07:16 am »
it's up to you lot to keep it up the board. ;)

Aye, tis indeed.  I try.

And yep, I'm very trying ;)
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16278 on: September 24, 2011, 04:04:15 pm »
Gracious, Torres gorra red, gracious.

Must not gloat

Must not glo

just a bit like :lickin
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16279 on: September 24, 2011, 08:22:31 pm »
Gracious, Torres gorra red, gracious.

Must not gloat

Must not glo

just a bit like :lickin

The lad just can't get a break, he scored last week but what everyone talked about was THAT miss.  Today he scored again but got himself sent off.  I think the Russian might need to send the lad to "finishing' school. :)
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!