Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 321007 times)

Offline Who'd rob a truck worth €19.66? Cheap Xmas scrooge!

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #5280 on: September 15, 2020, 08:04:36 PM »
Cheers Rob, never thought of that in fact I may have key cover on my insurance. Thing is though I always fear if you make a claim they hike up your premium.

The key covers are a separate policy - I claimed after I lost a key when we were away for the weekend, and its not affected my car policy NCD or last insurance (went down). Usually I wouldn't bother with a key policy as normally you won't ever claim, but I've lost a set of motorbike keys (youngest swears he buried them in the garden) and almost lost my stepdads keys, so thought I'd better cover myself.

Offline Well shredded turkey tit

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #5281 on: September 15, 2020, 09:16:33 PM »
Not the i20, but I had an i30 as a temporary motor for two weeks late last year.  Decent car, as long as you're not expecting anything flash.  Had all the gear you might need and was smooth enough.  Meant to be reliable as well.  I'd definitely recommend taking one for a test drive if you just want something that'll do the basic job of getting you about without any fuss.

Yeah getting from A to B is pretty much what I want to be honest, I've never been someone to have really flash cars and I don't do a huge amount of mileage anymore. I think I'm average around 5,000 miles a year over the last 3 years in my car but think the gearbox is on the way out. It's been a really good car for me so I'm torn over whether I need to get the repairs done on this car or get a new one.

Bangkok Ladyboys went down a treat ... so probably do them again  ;D ;D

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5282 on: September 16, 2020, 07:33:14 AM »
Yeah getting from A to B is pretty much what I want to be honest, I've never been someone to have really flash cars and I don't do a huge amount of mileage anymore. I think I'm average around 5,000 miles a year over the last 3 years in my car but think the gearbox is on the way out. It's been a really good car for me so I'm torn over whether I need to get the repairs done on this car or get a new one.

Depends on the condition of the car as a whole really. If its solid and reliable, then you've got to weigh up do you spend £500 + fitting for a warrantied used gearbox from somewhere like Trents or £9k + your car for the i20 and then have the car spend most of its time sitting on the drive. You'll lose more money driving the i20 out of the dealers than the gearbox will cost.

https://www.trents.co.uk/car-parts/makes/popular-makes/ford/ford-fiesta/gearboxes

• To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #5283 on: September 16, 2020, 09:27:03 AM »
Thanks Rob and heah thats all in my mind, I've got an appointment with the dealer on Friday so will see what deal they offer me. I know the break pads and discs will need replacing in the next few months as well and maybe one of the rear shock absorbers so its like you said a few posts ago that when they get to a certain age things start going wrong.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5284 on: September 16, 2020, 10:08:33 AM »
Thanks Rob and heah thats all in my mind, I've got an appointment with the dealer on Friday so will see what deal they offer me. I know the break pads and discs will need replacing in the next few months as well and maybe one of the rear shock absorbers so its like you said a few posts ago that when they get to a certain age things start going wrong.

A quick look on the autotrader site has dealers selling 11 to 12 plate Fiestas in the £3500 to £4500 range, so really you need aroung £2800 to 3k for yours

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #5285 on: October 11, 2020, 02:30:18 PM »
New toy:

I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5286 on: October 13, 2020, 11:42:22 AM »
New toy:
Looks amazing. Congrats. :wave

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Believer
« Reply #5287 on: October 15, 2020, 09:56:06 PM »
Oooh lovely, what colour?
I bet you're enjoying that.

My first black car. Not normally a colour I like but it’s won me over.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 10:00:17 PM by thejbs »

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Believer
« Reply #5288 on: October 16, 2020, 01:56:37 AM »
After ceramic coating and window tint

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Believer
  • Six times...
« Reply #5289 on: November 11, 2020, 08:10:49 PM »
Just shelled out a small fortune on cam belt and water pump and suspension bush that had worn away. Now what I think is the gearbox (sincerely hope I’m wrong, it’s a complicated DSG unit) is making a noise. Another hit to the house fund :-/

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Never Forget
« Reply #5290 on: November 19, 2020, 08:43:31 PM »
Big fuck off American truck with disgustingly low petrol mileage

although good for running the family around

just paid a king ransom for it. the staggering thing is that there is nowhere designed for the phone. the vehicle dash computer is designed to be connected by a cable to the dash, and yet they do not design somewhere to put the phone
the phone can connect by bluetooth for music and phone, but for the dash computer to work properly it has to be connected by cable. staggeringly stupid in my opinion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #5291 on: November 19, 2020, 08:49:05 PM »
A quick look on the autotrader site has dealers selling 11 to 12 plate Fiestas in the £3500 to £4500 range, so really you need aroung £2800 to 3k for yours

Ended up getting £2500 for my Fiesta in the end with Hyundai having a £2000 deposit contribution on top as well, and got them to throw in replacement tyre and alloy repair insurance for the first 3 years as well for free. Think I got a pretty good deal. It's not the best car I've ever driven, gear shifts are a bit clunky and I'm still getting used to driving a 1.2 rather than a 1.6 but it's still everything I need from a car right now :)

Offline nuts100

• Believer
« Reply #5292 on: November 19, 2020, 11:05:19 PM »
Big fuck off American truck with disgustingly low petrol mileage

although good for running the family around

just paid a king ransom for it. the staggering thing is that there is nowhere designed for the phone. the vehicle dash computer is designed to be connected by a cable to the dash, and yet they do not design somewhere to put the phone
the phone can connect by bluetooth for music and phone, but for the dash computer to work properly it has to be connected by cable. staggeringly stupid in my opinion

I got the GMC big FO truck
Love it. Has the double tailgate, fantastic bit of engineering
Big V8 engine that does 17mpg but is $1.70 a gallon where
I am so I care little until the next president raises gas taxes 😂

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Never Forget
« Reply #5293 on: November 20, 2020, 08:09:04 PM »
I got the GMC big FO truck
Love it. Has the double tailgate, fantastic bit of engineering
Big V8 engine that does 17mpg but is $1.70 a gallon where
I am so I care little until the next president raises gas taxes 😂

I saw that double tail gate design and it looks really smart. Mine has a button that lowers it and it is pretty easy to put up and doesnt weigh 150 pounds like the last one. I am sadly really pissed off though every time I get in as although the mechanical side of things is great, there is still nowhere to put your phone other than a space on the movable arm rest. However apple airplay needs to be connected using the wire for that to work, which means you cant easily put your your phone there when it is wired up. So now I am looking for an after market phone holder which I will probably have to screw into the dashboard. It just seems so ridiculous that the dash board is fucking massive and yet they cant design a little holder or place you leave the phone. The computer screen is designed for the connection to the phone and yet they just totally overlooked it.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Believer
« Reply #5294 on: November 21, 2020, 02:11:39 PM »
I really hope none of you bought this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1329538400387534849

Offline nuts100

• Believer
« Reply #5295 on: November 21, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »
I saw that double tail gate design and it looks really smart. Mine has a button that lowers it and it is pretty easy to put up and doesnt weigh 150 pounds like the last one. I am sadly really pissed off though every time I get in as although the mechanical side of things is great, there is still nowhere to put your phone other than a space on the movable arm rest. However apple airplay needs to be connected using the wire for that to work, which means you cant easily put your your phone there when it is wired up. So now I am looking for an after market phone holder which I will probably have to screw into the dashboard. It just seems so ridiculous that the dash board is fucking massive and yet they cant design a little holder or place you leave the phone. The computer screen is designed for the connection to the phone and yet they just totally overlooked it.

The GMC has a wireless charging area where obviously the iPhone sits
Had the F150 before with the eco boost engine. This feels a lot heavier and more like a truck due to the big FO V8. However here in Texas you have to have a truck, boots it and a couple of Glocks 😂

Love driving the truck, laid back and they are great for traveling in
I got the SLT with all the safety features inc 4x4 etc
The wife uses it all the time, loves it. I hardly ever get to drive it

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5296 on: November 22, 2020, 08:04:14 AM »