Author Topic: Claimimg back PPI (Loan Insurance)  (Read 22279 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Believer
Re: Claimimg back PPI (Loan Insurance)
« Reply #240 on: September 4, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »
Quick question for anyone that may know. I contacted Hitachi Capital to ask if I had any PPI with them when I took out some finance a few years ago (fully paid off years ago too). They responded with:

"We have reviewed your account(s), and can confirm that no credit agreements you hold with Hitachi Capital have Payment Protection Insurance applied to them."

Now i don't know if its just not worded very well but that makes out like they are saying no credit agreements I currently hold with them have PPI applied to them. I do not have any credit agreements with them currently.

In addition to this, they didn't respond to my original inquiry until after the 29th August deadline, giving me no chance of complaining as the deadline has passed!

Is my claim dead in the water?

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #241 on: September 6, 2019, 10:04:38 AM »
They're not going to try and get away with just checking existing finance. I don't know how thorough that particular bank are with information requests but they'll have most likely checked any credit you've ever had with them. But if you think they're wrong you can still send in a complaint and then refer to the ombudsman. If you've sent in an information request long before the deadline and they've taken ages to reply, I wouldn't worry too much about the deadline.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • kopite
« Reply #242 on: September 7, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »
Got a pay out years ago after Lloyds genuinely mis sold me PPI, tidy sum too! Made that claim myself, and got the full pay out, quickly andd without problem.

Lately however, I have had emails from such companies as credit Hero, who have said I may be entitled to a further payout from Lloyds so I have allowed to submit another claim on my behalf.

Also, I have ongoing claims with Wonga and The Money Shop. These are a result of Instant Cash Loans Ltd who contacted me, as in their opinion they may 'owe me money' after taking out a loan from one of their companies.

I don't know what will come of these 3 claims, but any pay back will be a bonus because they unexpectedly  came to me!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • kopite
« Reply #243 on: September 16, 2019, 04:45:49 PM »
Just received a 369 payout from Lloyd's (minus 88 I owe Credit Hero for putting my claim in!) so pleased with that considering I had not intention of putting another claim myself.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)