Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4048467 times)

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #11040 on: January 3, 2011, 12:52:43 am »
When did you first cry over Libpool and her results?

I cried when we lost away at St Etienne in 76 (i think it was) Me Nanna was babysittin and wouldnt let me stay up to hear the result.I made a massive carry on and was sent to bed. I was in bed in a room with me brothers in bunk beds and just fallin asleep when me Nan opens the door and tells me the score, StEtienne 1 Reds 0. Cried like fck that night.

My biggest cry was '77 aginst the Mancs at Webberly. Still think we shoulda won that one. Why didnt Phi Neil overead kick it like. Cried me heart out that day.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11041 on: January 3, 2011, 01:00:25 am »

I cried when we lost away at St Etienne in 76 (i think it was) Me Nanna was babysittin and wouldnt let me stay up to hear the result.I made a massive carry on and was sent to bed. I was in bed in a room with me brothers in bunk beds and just fallin asleep when me Nan opens the door and tells me the score, StEtienne 1 Reds 0. Cried like fck that night.

My biggest cry was '77 aginst the Mancs at Webberly. Still think we shoulda won that one. Why didnt Phi Neil overead kick it like. Cried me heart out that day.

I thought your were a bloke?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #11042 on: January 3, 2011, 01:08:53 am »

Don't know about the first time but the last time was nearly on Saturday when Torres scored. I felt fucking dead inside, like the last remaining bit of passion had been sucked out of me. Brought a genuine lump to my throat.
 Fuck off Hodgson, I want my passion back.

P.S That cannibals eating the clown joke was quality!

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #11043 on: January 3, 2011, 01:21:26 am »
Well enough about the footy its just depressing.  My daughter and her boyfriend are now officially engaged, so I suppose we are going to have to meet the future outlaws and discuss wedding plans.  I'm hoping its going to be a long engagement.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11044 on: January 3, 2011, 01:22:05 am »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11045 on: January 3, 2011, 01:23:16 am »
Well enough about the footy its just depressing.  My daughter and her boyfriend are now officially engaged, so I suppose we are going to have to meet the future outlaws and discuss wedding plans.  I'm hoping its going to be a long engagement.

congrats,  when's the baby due?

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #11046 on: January 3, 2011, 01:43:32 am »
OMG just dont go there thats one of the talks that is going on at the moment.  I have nightmares about this.  Both have downs so you can imagine the probs a baby would cause, also the daughter has a congenital heart condition.  I'll go to bed now and have nightmares.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11047 on: January 3, 2011, 01:49:54 am »
OMG just dont go there thats one of the talks that is going on at the moment.  I have nightmares about this.  Both have downs so you can imagine the probs a baby would cause, also the daughter has a congenital heart condition.  I'll go to bed now and have nightmares.

i have no smart arse answer to that but I do have beer

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #11048 on: January 3, 2011, 01:52:30 am »
i have no smart arse answer to that but I do have beer

A beer or three does it for me.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #11049 on: January 3, 2011, 02:16:15 am »
Anyone on the night shift havin a beer and watchin Bond, Goldeneye?

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #11050 on: January 3, 2011, 04:30:26 am »
Just had a nice night with me missus watching a couple of films, had a few beers as well, as you do, popped in to see if the auld duffers gone but no such luck eh!

Anyway if you ain't seen it I'd recommend The Brave One with Jodie Foster, she plays a radio presenter who turns vigilante after her and her fella get mugged and he gets killed, won't spoil it too much for youse, but it's a cracking film and well worth a watch.

Hope all you auld arses are behaving yourself and are good, even our own resident manc Johnno, by the way mate you was spot on up there, a healthy rivalry is all well and good but there's no need for all that shit in our game, I've met a load of good mancs meself down the years in me job, lads who you can have a proper banter with but that's it, bit of respect on both sides, anyway I'm going on like a knob, so night night all, hope youse all enjoyed ye Horlicks ;)
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline rafa_thebosphorus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11051 on: January 3, 2011, 09:25:52 am »
thats great news case, hope youre going to have a bit of the scouse wedding flavour to the day(an i dont mean a barny)
congratulations

Offline rafa_thebosphorus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11052 on: January 3, 2011, 09:33:14 am »
I thought your were a bloke?

ok i didnt cry, but i hated keegan like id never hated anyone before when he left, it was betrayal in my book and just couldnt get me head around why he'd want to leave us,
little did i know of the riches the king would bring

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11053 on: January 3, 2011, 10:50:21 am »

Congratulations to your daughter and fiancé casey, don't envy you paying for it though, you'll need a second mortgage.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #11054 on: January 3, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »
Went out with the inlaws last night and Joan was complaining about some kids spray painting grafitti on the bridge by ours. It's all that New York kind of thing, quite artistic in some ways but not on the bridge.

Anyway, got me thinking about my favourite bit of random grafitti - it was the mid 80's in Tuebrook and just said, "Billys got loose bowels!" always made me laugh for some reason. No idea where it came from or what made them think it was worth painting on a wall in big white letters but there we go. Mind you, poor old Billy, they didn't have imodium then!
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11055 on: January 3, 2011, 03:34:52 pm »
....Went out with the inlaws last night and Joan was complaining about some kids spray painting grafitti on the bridge by ours.

Occasionally some graffiti can be really great, but an awful lot of it seems sadly mindless with little artistic endeavour or merit.

But talking about things painted on walls, remember all those adverts for stuff that would be painted on the ends of houses all around the place.

One I remember was I think for something called Aunt Sals Disinfectant painted on the end of the houses that used to be on corner of Merton Rd and Stanley Rd in Bootle sometime in the early 60's. I think the Library is there now. I suppose a lot of that sort of chemical stuff would be made in the old Bootle Gas works as byproducts.

And then all the signs on the Railway bridges for things like Ferodo brake linings. Took me years to understand what that was all about.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #11056 on: January 3, 2011, 04:00:07 pm »
There was one of those big faded adverts on the side of a house in New Brighton. I'm sure it said how many oysters you could buy for a shilling.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #11057 on: January 3, 2011, 04:40:41 pm »
GRAFITTI?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11058 on: January 3, 2011, 05:27:15 pm »
"Reading makes a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man" Bacon a fat man

these pearls of wisdom were engraved above the door to Kensington library the last bit in italics scrawled in white paint

used to see that on the way to school every day - class

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #11059 on: January 3, 2011, 06:10:12 pm »
 ;D Great stuff!
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #11060 on: January 3, 2011, 06:37:34 pm »
"Reading makes a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man" Bacon a fat man

these pearls of wisdom were engraved above the door to Kensington library the last bit in italics scrawled in white paint

used to see that on the way to school every day - class

Most ming blowing bit of graffiti I ever read was on the inside of a jacks door in a boozer in the middle of the outback when I was travelling in The Northern Territory in Australia......, - "ABBOS GO HOME".

Still can't figure out if it was written by the thickest biggot in history or someone with a fantastic sense of satirical humour!

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #11061 on: January 3, 2011, 08:55:57 pm »
Occasionally some graffiti can be really great, but an awful lot of it seems sadly mindless with little artistic endeavour or merit.

But talking about things painted on walls, remember all those adverts for stuff that would be painted on the ends of houses all around the place.

One I remember was I think for something called Aunt Sals Disinfectant painted on the end of the houses that used to be on corner of Merton Rd and Stanley Rd in Bootle sometime in the early 60's. I think the Library is there now. I suppose a lot of that sort of chemical stuff would be made in the old Bootle Gas works as byproducts.

And then all the signs on the Railway bridges for things like Ferodo brake linings. Took me years to understand what that was all about.

Parrs Soap works was near it - they made it and Stardrops
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11062 on: January 3, 2011, 08:58:58 pm »
I remember seeing graffiti in a public bogs when I was a nipper, and it just said.

"Follow this line," and when you got to the bottom of the line it said, "you are now leaning at an angle of 90 degrees."

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11063 on: January 3, 2011, 09:12:54 pm »
Parrs Soap works was near it - they made it and Stardrops

Stardrops! Haven't heard of that in years.
Does anyone remember when household bleach came in green glass bottles?
I think it might even have had flip top lids and looked really dangerously like lemonade bottles.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #11064 on: January 3, 2011, 09:15:15 pm »
I remember seeing graffiti in a public bogs when I was a nipper, and it just said.

"Follow this line," and when you got to the bottom of the line it said, "you are now leaning at an angle of 90 degrees."

Reminds me of a lovely rhyme in the bog of a local pub near me years back that read,

"Beware all ye who sit on this seat, the crabs in here can jump too feet"  :o
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11065 on: January 3, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »
Stardrops! Haven't heard of that in years.
Does anyone remember when household bleach came in green glass bottles?
I think it might even have had flip top lids and looked really dangerously like lemonade bottles.

Can't remember the bleach but you can still get Stardrops .......... still makes everything sparkling clean
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Pheeny

« Reply #11066 on: January 3, 2011, 10:11:01 pm »
Never mind the bleach can you remember having a pantry and no deep freezer.We also had an outside bog, although it was attached to the house and not at the bottom of the garden.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #11067 on: January 3, 2011, 10:20:16 pm »
Never mind the bleach can you remember having a pantry and no deep freezer.We also had an outside bog, although it was attached to the house and not at the bottom of the garden.
Our outside toilets were about 50 yrds from the house, a block of eight, 4 back to back.When
 it was cold you could hear the person behinds teeth chattering.At least i think it was teeth.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11068 on: January 3, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »

didnt have a pantry we had a larder with a cold slab

Pheeny

« Reply #11069 on: January 3, 2011, 10:23:35 pm »
That's what I meant but couldn't for the life of me remember the name.

Pheeny

« Reply #11070 on: January 3, 2011, 10:24:19 pm »

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11071 on: January 3, 2011, 10:25:05 pm »

Yeah we had a larder and a bucket of water to keep the milk cool in the summer.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11072 on: January 3, 2011, 10:26:23 pm »
That's what I meant but couldn't for the life of me remember the name.

Not on your own there Tony

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11073 on: January 3, 2011, 10:27:42 pm »
Larder, outside bogs attached to the house !!!

We used to dream of that when we lived in a plastic bag at bottom of pond...

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11074 on: January 3, 2011, 10:34:26 pm »
Larder, outside bogs attached to the house !!!

We used to dream of that when we lived in a plastic bag at bottom of pond...

used to.....pah

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11075 on: January 3, 2011, 11:26:40 pm »
Cold slab in the larder.... Used to have to water it in the summer to keep it cool.
It's weird thinking about it now, you take things like fridges for granted, but I remember we got our first fridge in about 1961/2 or so. Magical stuff.
Absolutely transformed our lives. Before that, everything had to be ate pretty soon after it had been bought before it went off, so my Mum would have to go out shopping every day or send my older sisters and I out to get the messages (a great word from the past conjuring up all kinds of things these days).

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #11076 on: January 3, 2011, 11:30:06 pm »
Prefer the old larders any day!
Always remember the first fridge we got, it was a 'hand on' from a very comfortable aunt.
It was like a fuckin safe, had locks on an all. Nearly starved to death trying to get into the bastard.
Prestcold I think it was.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #11077 on: January 3, 2011, 11:32:24 pm »
Cold slab in the larder.... Used to have to water it in the summer to keep it cool.
It's weird thinking about it now, you take things like fridges for granted, but I remember we got our first fridge in about 1961/2 or so. Magical stuff.
Absolutely transformed our lives. Before that, everything had to be ate pretty soon after it had been bought before it went off, so my Mum would have to go out shopping every day or send my older sisters and I out to get the messages (a great word from the past conjuring up all kinds of things these days).

Our fridge packed in completely a few years ago and it was a week or so before we were able to replace it.

I've told numerous people the absolute last thing you want to break in your house is the fridge. It's fucking misery without one, you just don't realise how much you rely on one until it's gone.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11078 on: January 3, 2011, 11:41:02 pm »
Our fridge packed in completely a few years ago and it was a week or so before we were able to replace it.

I've told numerous people the absolute last thing you want to break in your house is the fridge. It's fucking misery without one, you just don't realise how much you rely on one until it's gone.

It's things like the portions of food you have to buy these days, like a packet of sliced ham. Without a fridge you have to eat it all pretty quickly, or adapt to the way it used to be and go to the butchers and ask for just two slices. They'd probably laugh at you these days if you tried.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #11079 on: January 3, 2011, 11:51:02 pm »
How many game ban for that now?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8kxMnc5KUs&amp;NR?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/C5OoQadZTPk?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;385&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V8kxMnc5KUs&amp;NR?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/C5OoQadZTPk?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;385&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>
We'll See Things They'll Never See