Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4048685 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #11000 on: January 2, 2011, 05:12:56 pm »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11001 on: January 2, 2011, 05:50:15 pm »
All wrong isn't it mate.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #11002 on: January 2, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »
Now here's a sight for sore eyes.
Mind you, it doesn't surprise me one bit..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343466/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-looks-like-count-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html?
5 seconds after that his tongue was stuck down Mr. Ferguson's throat

*edit* What's going on here I didn't write Mr Ferguson, is that a auto correct or something ;D
« Last Edit: January 2, 2011, 05:58:51 pm by SmithdownAndy »
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #11003 on: January 2, 2011, 06:12:50 pm »
Now here's a sight for sore eyes.
Mind you, it doesn't surprise me one bit..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343466/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-looks-like-count-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html?

Ah come on, Give us a clue... Who's that with Whiskeynose?
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11004 on: January 2, 2011, 06:17:29 pm »
Get the gobs on the two people looking at them.... even they're sickened.

In my book it's good to have Johno in here. I like what the lad has to say, and it's good to have one of the enemy in. I know some sound people from Manchester, and have usually ended up friends with the ones I've got to know. But I hate, and I mean proper hate, absolutely everything about that team. I always have. I always will. Old Hodge Podge really should just fuck off now. I think he's doing this shit as a wind up, hoping to get the sack sharpish before he starts getting any of the blame for his gross inabilities.  Surely he really can't be that thick. The other aul red faced bastard must be pissing himself laughing on the sly. He's a very clever man old bacon face. He's see through, but clever. He knows what he's doing. Imagine the laugh he had when Purslow got Rafa sacked and put this old fool in because Talk Shite and Sly said it was a good idea.

I'll have to stop thinking about it. I end up getting angry.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #11005 on: January 2, 2011, 07:18:11 pm »
Get the gobs on the two people looking at them.... even they're sickened.

In my book it's good to have Johno in here. I like what the lad has to say, and it's good to have one of the enemy in. I know some sound people from Manchester, and have usually ended up friends with the ones I've got to know. But I hate, and I mean proper hate, absolutely everything about that team. I always have. I always will. Old Hodge Podge really should just fuck off now. I think he's doing this shit as a wind up, hoping to get the sack sharpish before he starts getting any of the blame for his gross inabilities.  Surely he really can't be that thick. The other aul red faced bastard must be pissing himself laughing on the sly. He's a very clever man old bacon face. He's see through, but clever. He knows what he's doing. Imagine the laugh he had when Purslow got Rafa sacked and put this old fool in because Talk Shite and Sly said it was a good idea.

I'll have to stop thinking about it. I end up getting angry.

Proud to plead guilty to being one of your fiercest rivals FS but one of the enemy? Nah mate. Never was and never will be - I think people and principles in how our great game is played are far more important young fella ....

Good to see you back in the land of the living by the way.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #11006 on: January 2, 2011, 07:29:35 pm »
Nice one Johnno you seem sound for one of them. 

FS, good to see ya back and spreadin the word across the threads as usual.

Been away and just catchin up, anyone know where SB is?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11007 on: January 2, 2011, 07:31:18 pm »
Nice one Johnno you seem sound for one of them. 

FS, good to see ya back and spreadin the word across the threads as usual.

Been away and just catchin up, anyone know where SB is?

He popped his head in the other day to wish us a Happy new year.
Haven't seen or heard from him since.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11008 on: January 2, 2011, 07:41:45 pm »
Proud to plead guilty to being one of your fiercest rivals FS but one of the enemy? Nah mate. Never was and never will be - I think people and principles in how our great game is played are far more important young fella ....

Good to see you back in the land of the living by the way.
Not you personally, soft lad. You know what I mean, but I have to be honest with you... I honestly do hate your club mate. I'll tell you why... it's not what you'd think. I agree with you, you are fierce rivals and actually deserve to be. I'll always have more respect for you than City or Chelsea. With your record, history and fan base, you actually deserve it. You've earned it. What I always hated was the press you recieve. I find it amazing when Man U fans moan about the media. They actually believe the media is biased against them.

I went to your first game in the 2nd division.... Leyton Orient away. I was working in London with a few Manc lads, good lads, old friends, I sadly haven't seen in years. I've got mates in Manchester. Me aunty used to own an alehouse in Salford, The Griffin Inn. I used to pull pints behind the bar when I was a kid and being a hard faced little fucker, I used to have a laugh with the dockers that went in there and kop a few pennies and tanners off them. No problem with ordinary working class people mate.

I honestly got kicked into a coma at Anfield by your lot. Four days I was out for. I didn't bother mentioning it, love, peace and understanding an all that. But I was only 12, a little skinhead kid going the match on he's todd to meet he's mates. Was unlucky enough to cut through a jigger were your skins was meetin up to plot an ambush... just the way it was in them times. I'm not bothered about it. But I can honestly say, I was never into that footy violence melarkey. I remember one poor City fan getting the same treatment, about 40 shithouses queing up to boot him. I tried to stop them and near got it meself.

So, honestly it was none of the usual things. It was winning European Cups, and having to dig through 4 pages on Man U the great 2nd division team before coming across a snippet on us. It was all that media darling stuff, and your out of town support did my head in. I could never understand why there was such a thing as Cockney reds. I know it's changed now. We wouldn't be able to compete with out our own out of towners, and I have nothing against OOT support now. I just couldn't get me head round it at the time, and it helped cement me view of Man United. And I also hate that horrible old bastard that manages you. Can't take the success away from him. That's some record he's got but the way is arse is kissed, even by the BBC, well, nah. Not for me.  But just being straight with you. I'm glad you come in here, and I enjoy what you have to say, sound working class lad in my opinion... but that club divide. Well, that's just the way it is for me. I don't mean it to be offensive to you though.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11009 on: January 2, 2011, 07:43:11 pm »
I had a chat with him the other day, he said he was going to have a bit of a blow. He'll be back on when he gets fed up with the telly and the records.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11010 on: January 2, 2011, 07:49:23 pm »
I had a chat with him the other day, he said he was going to have a bit of a blow. He'll be back on when he gets fed up with the telly and the records.
I've just sent him a text asking him did he know that you're back on here.
I take it he already knew you were?

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #11011 on: January 2, 2011, 07:56:13 pm »

Thanks Terry, I know there been a little 'turbulence' lately but happy New Year Auld Uns

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11012 on: January 2, 2011, 07:56:42 pm »
I've just sent him a text asking him did he know that you're back on here.
I take it he already knew you were?
No. I wasn't when we chatted. I don't know if he's been in since, to be honest, I've been anethitised for a few days. Only had a wee couple today, trying to glide in instead of just crashing. I can't take the hangovers nowadays mate. I always got them, but they seem to get far worse all the time. Think it's trying to give me a message.

I never had a drink for 8 years once.

I got to the age of 9 and said oh fuck it and cracked a can.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11013 on: January 2, 2011, 07:57:00 pm »
Thanks Terry, I know there been a little 'turbulence' lately but happy New Year Auld Uns
You too with bells on, mate..

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11014 on: January 2, 2011, 08:00:05 pm »
No. I wasn't when we chatted. I don't know if he's been in since, to be honest, I've been anethitised for a few days. Only had a wee couple today, trying to glide in instead of just crashing. I can't take the hangovers nowadays mate. I always got them, but they seem to get far worse all the time. Think it's trying to give me a message.

I never had a drink for 8 years once
I got to the age of 9 and said oh fuck it and cracked a can.
I know what you mean mate.
Lately I've been cutting down to 1 or 2

crates..

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11015 on: January 2, 2011, 08:03:51 pm »
I'm sittting here watching The Vera Lynn story. Nothing wrong with that, but have you seen the shit on the telly. I can't cope. New Year, an it's all.. fucking Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Catwoman. Oh dear, no wonder me bird moans about me being on here all the time, but I just can't sit and watch that shit.... it's enough to drive me to the drink.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11016 on: January 2, 2011, 08:12:56 pm »
Eh up....
roy hodgson's musical walkabout....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYO3qdFnhg

It's genius

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11017 on: January 2, 2011, 08:21:52 pm »
I'm sittting here watching The Vera Lynn story. Nothing wrong with that, but have you seen the shit on the telly. I can't cope. New Year, an it's all.. fucking Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Catwoman. Oh dear, no wonder me bird moans about me being on here all the time, but I just can't sit and watch that shit.... it's enough to drive me to the drink.
I've been downloading loads of films mate.
Watched Nowhere boy last night, the one about John Lennon.
Cracking movie mate.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11018 on: January 2, 2011, 08:32:13 pm »
Can't be arsed with them nowadays Terry, but if you're downloading try and get that story of Anvil. You'd love it. It's boss. Do you like that Hodge Podge vid. It really tickled me for some reason. I'm sat in on me todd. She's in bed, still done in. She moans because I'm on here, but if I wasn't I'd just be up there harrishing her. She's happy watching the box. I just can't cope with it. If I was at home, I'd go the alehouse or go see friends or family. Fuck all to do here really. I don't like the pubs down here anymore, and me mates are all miles away. So I end up sat in, fed up and end up on here, so she kicks off again... vicious cycle. This Vera Lynn thing's sound though.

Pheeny

« Reply #11019 on: January 2, 2011, 09:01:13 pm »
Cracking movie mate.
Downloaded it today,just watched it and Terry is spot on,cracking film.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11020 on: January 2, 2011, 09:58:39 pm »
Think I'm parking in here to annoy all you auldies until the Test Match starts. 

I ventured out again to read the 'Dion Fanning' thread and can't believe how it seems to be acceptable for Hodgson to be photographed with Ferguson; first off we had Joe Cole saying the players are behind the manager, now this?  I suppose in the morning we'll see more photos of them two plus Fat Sam and Martinez out in Manchester having a meal, just like they did after Martinez supported Rafa when he had a pop at old whiskey nose, then denying it as lost in translation. 

Fats, did you have a bad head this morning?
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #11021 on: January 2, 2011, 10:18:06 pm »

I ventured out again to read the 'Dion Fanning' thread and can't believe how it seems to be acceptable for Hodgson to be photographed with Ferguson; first off we had Joe Cole saying the players are behind the manager, now this?  I suppose in the morning we'll see more photos of them two plus Fat Sam and Martinez out in Manchester having a meal, just like they did after Martinez supported Rafa when he had a pop at old whiskey nose, then denying it as lost in translation. 

Fats, did you have a bad head this morning?

JP did you see Steve Bruce after Sundrland beat BBurn?, he couldnt stop tellin the cameras how his team beat BBurn for...Big Sam (not the supporters or investors).  He dedicated the victory to big Sam who is in Dubai gettin over his sacking and counting his good fortune (in millions).  Its great to see the game has become a little 'sky club' with the Govern Tramp, BigeadBrucie, Fat Sam and by the look of things Roy all strokin each other and preenin about injustice. God bless the media for supportin them in their hour of need.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11022 on: January 2, 2011, 10:32:27 pm »
JP did you see Steve Bruce after Sundrland beat BBurn?, he couldnt stop tellin the cameras how his team beat BBurn for...Big Sam (not the supporters or investors).  He dedicated the victory to big Sam who is in Dubai gettin over his sacking and counting his good fortune (in millions).  Its great to see the game has become a little 'sky club' with the Govern Tramp, BigeadBrucie, Fat Sam and by the look of things Roy all strokin each other and preenin about injustice. God bless the media for supportin them in their hour of need.

I didn't Rusty to be honest but it doesn't surprise me at all. The more you see and hear what they get up to it just pisses you off even more. That LMA is a joke, it's there to protect the little clique that's running the thing.  Remember when Houghton was sacked I can't say I heard a peep out of them defending him but they did Fat Sam.  You know Rusty, that Fat Sam is right up there on my list of hated football managers, I don't have to tell you who tops it.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11023 on: January 2, 2011, 10:48:50 pm »
After watching that last night I decided to watch Backbeat just before, another good one, mate.

Test match, as in cricket?

Bloody waste of a good footy pitch them Cricket pitches..   ;)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11024 on: January 2, 2011, 10:52:27 pm »
Can't be arsed with them nowadays Terry, but if you're downloading try and get that story of Anvil. You'd love it. It's boss. Do you like that Hodge Podge vid. It really tickled me for some reason.
I'll defo download that one tonight mate.

The hodge podge vid is brilliant..

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11025 on: January 2, 2011, 10:56:31 pm »
After watching that last night I decided to watch Backbeat just before, another good one, mate.
Test match, as in cricket?

Bloody waste of a good footy pitch them Cricket pitches..   ;)

Ha! at least I get to see a winning team, who are on the verge of actually winning and not just retaining something.

Come on England!

but only in the cricket

Pheeny

« Reply #11026 on: January 2, 2011, 11:06:42 pm »
yea I watched backbeat awhile back.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11027 on: January 2, 2011, 11:08:18 pm »
I've been in a shocking state all day JP. I think it's time to knock it on the head for a while again. I often do have a wee dry out for awhile

Anyway, just popped in to ask if anyone watched Match of the day 2. It's quite shocking the lengths they're going to to protect old Marge. Warnock near had a little nibble, but I think he stopped himself because he gets his hair and make up done at the same sallon on pensioner's mondays.

But it was really bad. I watched motd last night, but was in no shape. So, just watched that little clip. They put some like heroic music over it and then had Roy's voice over it praising the fans. What a dirty bastard. I really can't bear him. I just can't see any dignity in the man. I'm actually ashamed he's our manager. And the more they try to make us accept him, the more I want him booted and their most hated man in footy bringing back. Sorry to kick that off again, but it really did get to me that.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11028 on: January 2, 2011, 11:09:05 pm »
I'll defo download that one tonight mate.

The hodge podge vid is brilliant..
It's cracker isn't it. Nearly cheered me up.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11029 on: January 2, 2011, 11:15:11 pm »
I've been in a shocking state all day JP. I think it's time to knock it on the head for a while again. I often do have a wee dry out for awhile 

I thought you may been suffering/

Anyway, just popped in to ask if anyone watched Match of the day 2. It's quite shocking the lengths they're going to to protect old Marge. Warnock near had a little nibble, but I think he stopped himself because he gets his hair and make up done at the same sallon on pensioner's mondays.

That was on in ours too and Warnock, he's another one on my hate list, (I do like some people  ;D) anyway Hubby caught the presenter saying somthing about missing Rafa, Warnock "you speak for yourself"  :butt

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #11030 on: January 2, 2011, 11:19:07 pm »
How many tea bars   on the old Kop?
I only entered from the flagpole side and only remember one.
Creature of habit!

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #11031 on: January 2, 2011, 11:21:48 pm »
me niece was an extra in that and only watched it see her really.didnt think it would be any good.brilliant film.suprised me
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11032 on: January 2, 2011, 11:22:49 pm »

yea I watched backbeat awhile back.

Soiree sorted - Beatles theme with Terry & Tony strutting their stuff on the dance floor, so long as their auld backs can take it.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11033 on: January 2, 2011, 11:25:18 pm »
How many tea bars   on the old Kop?
I only entered from the flagpole side and only remember one.
Creature of habit!
3 if I remember rightly. One either side and one up the back.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #11034 on: January 2, 2011, 11:35:06 pm »
Not you personally, soft lad. You know what I mean, but I have to be honest with you... I honestly do hate your club mate. I'll tell you why... it's not what you'd think. I agree with you, you are fierce rivals and actually deserve to be. I'll always have more respect for you than City or Chelsea. With your record, history and fan base, you actually deserve it. You've earned it. What I always hated was the press you recieve. I find it amazing when Man U fans moan about the media. They actually believe the media is biased against them.

I went to your first game in the 2nd division.... Leyton Orient away. I was working in London with a few Manc lads, good lads, old friends, I sadly haven't seen in years. I've got mates in Manchester. Me aunty used to own an alehouse in Salford, The Griffin Inn. I used to pull pints behind the bar when I was a kid and being a hard faced little fucker, I used to have a laugh with the dockers that went in there and kop a few pennies and tanners off them. No problem with ordinary working class people mate.

I honestly got kicked into a coma at Anfield by your lot. Four days I was out for. I didn't bother mentioning it, love, peace and understanding an all that. But I was only 12, a little skinhead kid going the match on he's todd to meet he's mates. Was unlucky enough to cut through a jigger were your skins was meetin up to plot an ambush... just the way it was in them times. I'm not bothered about it. But I can honestly say, I was never into that footy violence melarkey. I remember one poor City fan getting the same treatment, about 40 shithouses queing up to boot him. I tried to stop them and near got it meself.

So, honestly it was none of the usual things. It was winning European Cups, and having to dig through 4 pages on Man U the great 2nd division team before coming across a snippet on us. It was all that media darling stuff, and your out of town support did my head in. I could never understand why there was such a thing as Cockney reds. I know it's changed now. We wouldn't be able to compete with out our own out of towners, and I have nothing against OOT support now. I just couldn't get me head round it at the time, and it helped cement me view of Man United. And I also hate that horrible old bastard that manages you. Can't take the success away from him. That's some record he's got but the way is arse is kissed, even by the BBC, well, nah. Not for me.  But just being straight with you. I'm glad you come in here, and I enjoy what you have to say, sound working class lad in my opinion... but that club divide. Well, that's just the way it is for me. I don't mean it to be offensive to you though.

No offence taken neither lad - I don't care much meself for the media shite that accompanies things  United either so we're in the same camp there as well.
I hate hearing about the violence and thuggery that used our game - and fucked it well and truly - in the 70's. Personally, I'd have horse-whipped any of the bastards who'd been caught at it because of the gratuitous manner in which those twats laid into anyone with boots, knives and chains.

What am I telling you this for ? You'll know first hand what I'm talking about - very angry and very sorry to hear what happened to you when you were a nipper. C*nts like these are nothing whatsoever to do with fans of my club, your club or anyone's club. They're shite from the bottom of everyone's shoe that jumped onto the football bandwagon as it happened to pass by.

Bad days they were Fats - but of course, being an auld bastard of 65 with my first game at Old Trafford being in 1952, I saw the finest of transformations for English football unfold with the coming of Matt Busby's youngsters in the mid-50's. The only fighting that went on back then was fighting to get down and into the ground to see 'em! Great days that heralded the changes that swept through our game as others followed suit in team-building a la Busby.

Your own wonderful manager Shanks openly commented that he followed what Matt had achieved with bugger all after the war and those two together with Jock Stein were in my opinion the finest man -managers and motivators these islands have ever produced. The great Bob Paisley continued those very same traditions in fine style - though it was pretty hard for this United fan to have to watch it all unfold 38 miles to the west of us... 

Great days of the game FS and days the like of which I fear we'll not see again. Players multi-millionaires who know fuck-all about the fans that pay their wages - and even if they did used to know at one time, they've now "moved on".
Busby used to tell his players that the fans who'd worked hard all week to earn their corn in MetroVicks in Trafford Park and had chosen to shell some out to come and watch United play deserved to be entertained because in his view playing football wasn't a real job like having to work for a living. I never forgot that and it's the prime reason I view today's game as a game played by and large by journeymen millionaires far too full of themselves with love for neither fan, the game nor the club shirt they wear. I hope I'm proven wrong over time but I remember the days when players, managers and fans were of a kind and who shared the camerarderie of their class. All sadly gone and replaced by nowt better in my view.

Anyroad enough of my yesterday views - they won't hold much sway in today's game. But one final comment, when players start telling their clubs whether they'll condescendly continue to play for them or not as in the Rooney fiasco and then they convince themselves that there's nothing wrong with the fans reading all about how their side is without ambition and that to re-sign they need assurances that money will be spent my fucking blood boils. In my world shit-for-brains players would never wear the shirt again - no matter who thought they were world-beaters. Give me integrity and honour anytime - that's what great teams are made of.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2011, 11:36:37 pm by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11035 on: January 2, 2011, 11:50:31 pm »
Agree with all of that mate. Footballers... defo the world's thickest millionaires. I don't have much time for many of them. Imagine them pulling this player power shit on any of them fellas you named. Their arses wouldn't have touched the ground until they landed out in the street. It's just so ingrained in me I can't let it go, although Hodge Podge has managed to make me barely care at the moment. That's one of the things I dislike most about him... he's actually made me feel quite traitorous.

I remember when you lot gave us a proper hiding at Anfield in the Best, Law, Charlton days. You were marvelous that day, and we didn't have a bad side at the time. I started crying. I couldn't help it, and I wasn't a little kid anymore. Some big docker on the kop slapped me round the head and told me to behave. I did, but that's how much it  used to mean. I can't get that out of me, even though I sometimes feel dafter for still liking it than I did when I was that young lad. But in all truth going the match doesn't have the same magic. I went to PSV a couple of seasons ago, and there was young scouse lads knocking fuck out of each other in some alehouse. It was well out of order. The only thing that pleased me was it scally types kicking off on some student types and the students done them. It was quite funny to see them coming unstuck. But it was honestly never for me that melarkey. Funny, i used to look the type an all. I was a skinhead, still am in a lot of ways. But it was never about fighting for me. It was just the clobber and music, and that.

So, I agree, it had to be weeded out. It's just like you say though... what's replaced it is no better really. Maybe we should just round up all the players and people who run it and make them knock fuck out of each other. It would be entertaining than that shite were having to suffer, if nothing else. And I'd gladly punch fuck out of a few of them meself.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #11036 on: January 3, 2011, 12:00:20 am »
Two cannibals eating a clown, and one says, "Does this taste funny to you".

Just thought it was all getting a bit too serious, like.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11037 on: January 3, 2011, 12:07:36 am »

Just thought it was all getting a bit too serious, like.
It's the inevitable come down Doc. I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. It'll be the sweats, heebeegeebies and the depression tonight. And that's before I even start talking about coming off the ale. Good to see your up and about though, and I hope your feeling better. Shame you don't live in Corrie or Emerdale. Fucking great round there, you can have planes and trains dropping out the sky onto yer head and your back doing the can can in a few days. Fucking good ale in that woolback and rovers. Steer clear of that other one though, they'll be screaming at you and twatting you on the head with irons and statues.... god, I've gorra get a hobby, or a night job.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #11038 on: January 3, 2011, 12:22:20 am »
thought it was all getting a bit too serious, like.

You'll get "watched " if you post any more crimbo cracker mottos
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11039 on: January 3, 2011, 12:25:55 am »
see were just nothing special anymore according to the Mail - supporting benitez was to be expected and most wanted him out anyway and we all wanted Kenny back from the start which is the main reason Hodgson is so despised - win our games in hand and we are 6th which is to be expected given we've got so many Spaniards ( 2 crap ones Reina and Torres last time I checked)  and average players - he never had a chance the champion of middle england..............poor old Roy

not a hodgson tangent just a has the media always been this so ill informed and scousephobic - surely in the 60's we were the dogs bollocks?
« Last Edit: January 3, 2011, 12:27:31 am by Vulmea »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.