Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4048509 times)

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #11080 on: January 3, 2011, 11:53:09 pm »
Kinell I bet Franny Lee packed a punch with all that weight behind him.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #11081 on: January 4, 2011, 12:02:27 am »
Kinell I bet Franny Lee packed a punch with all that weight behind him.

Hunter shit himself though for an 'hard case'
« Last Edit: January 4, 2011, 12:10:01 am by john_mac »
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11082 on: January 4, 2011, 01:59:03 am »
Fridges, larders...what next..Colour TV's?
and don't get me started on Christmas.
If you didn't wake up in our house on Christmas morn with a hard on, you had fuck all to play with.   ;)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11083 on: January 4, 2011, 02:03:01 am »
BIG time... Go 'ed, Franny lad..

Bunch of fucking snides that Leeds team was then.
Sure they could play, but there wasn't a genuine hard case amongst them.
Bunch of snidey jackals, as was proved with the Keegan v Bremner 1974 Charity shield sending off.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #11084 on: January 4, 2011, 02:05:14 am »

Good for Franny he owned a toilet roll and tissues factory, so he cleans up anyway!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #11085 on: January 4, 2011, 02:07:35 am »
my gran had a larder kept her bottles of guinness nice and cool, we were posh we had a pantry with no guinness though!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11086 on: January 4, 2011, 05:58:02 am »
If you didn't wake up in our house on Christmas morn with a hard on, you had fuck all to play with.   ;)

Excuses, excuses!
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #11087 on: January 4, 2011, 09:06:06 am »
my gran had a larder kept her bottles of guinness nice and cool, we were posh we had a pantry with no guinness though!

Mackisons - purely as a tonic
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #11088 on: January 4, 2011, 09:10:18 am »
Probably been done earlier.... but there's a reason so bear with me.

Remember going to the Saturday fleapit and watching all the serial films - the one I remember most was Jungle Jim.

Every week he fell to a certain death off a high cliff or something similar; but when you went back next week some improbable (and often illogical) set of circumstances had occured and he'd walked away without a scratch - until the end of todays episode.

Well I was just wondering

The guy who played Jungle Jim - was he called Hodgson?
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11089 on: January 4, 2011, 09:21:57 am »
Went to Leeds, early seventies and we got beat 2 - 1? in an F.A. cup game,
sausage batch in the greyhound stadium behind Elland road, big and lovely.
Alan Clarke tried to nutmeg Tommy Smith by the corner flag but Smithy just
kept going and ran Clarke into the iron railings in the corner. Expected him
to be chipped, there was murder but Smithy just smiled and stood his ground.
Few minutes later Clarke tried to run through with the ball but Smithy went after
him again. The snidey bastard started having a go at others but Smithy
pointed a finger and said a few words which quietened him down.
Mick Jones, Madeley and Reaney were okay for them.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #11090 on: January 4, 2011, 10:15:28 am »
Probably been done earlier.... but there's a reason so bear with me.

Remember going to the Saturday fleapit and watching all the serial films - the one I remember most was Jungle Jim.

Every week he fell to a certain death off a high cliff or something similar; but when you went back next week some improbable (and often illogical) set of circumstances had occured and he'd walked away without a scratch - until the end of todays episode.

Well I was just wondering

The guy who played Jungle Jim - was he called Hodgson?

Yes it's our Roy alwight
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #11091 on: January 4, 2011, 11:38:06 am »
I was at Leeds once, early seventies. It was a dead tense match. For some reason I can't remember anything about the game (even the final score, or who even won!) other than it was one - nil for someone at this particular time in the second half, the tension was immense and then a pantomime cow somehow managed to get on the pitch by the half-way line. I don't even know who's side the cow was on, but I've got a good idea.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #11092 on: January 4, 2011, 01:15:54 pm »
Oh well see the 9th best manager in the world is begging for his job, more like he's getting his excuses in early the auld get.

I don't know whether it's just me losing me memory but I can't remember it even being this bad under Souness, maybe I've just blocked that out me mind cos it was bad under him, the 2 games that do really stand out though was the Cup Semi's against Portsmouth, now that 2nd game at Villa was awful but I still don't reckon it was as bad as that Wolves game last week.

I know we had that odd bad game under Rafa and sometimes he'd frustrate the fuck out of ye, but fuck me this has been all fucking season long, surely it's time for the trigger to be pulled, pay him up and ship him out, then get ye bullet proof vests on cos there'll be a shit storm from the press.
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11093 on: January 4, 2011, 02:04:34 pm »
Larders and pantries were things you'd see in TV programmes about posh people.  We had a cockroach and mice infested dump in Edge Hill with a back yard and an outside bog.  When we moved to Speke in 1964 it was extremely upmarket to us.  With no exagerration whatsoever I remember feeling all dizzy when we got near Speke on the first day as it was the fist time I'd breathed in relatively unpolluted air, as it was the southernmost tip of the city with woodland and farms nearby.

Unfortunately my folks missed the old crappy area we came from for some unfathomable reason so we moved back to Wavertree - the arse end, off Picton Road - with yet another back yard and outside toilet.  I moved down south in 1973 and my folks didn't get an inside bog until a few years later when the housing association moved them out for 6 months (to live actually on Penny Lane itself).  We always dreamt of stuff like larders and pantries!

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11094 on: January 4, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »
This larder/fridge business reminds me of an old episode of The Beverley Hillbillies, where Ged encounters a freezer for the first time. He's in the kitchen with Jethro, opens up this cupboard (the freezer) and dumbfoundedly pulls out this huge chunk of frozen meat.

"Well if that aint the foolest thing", he says to Jethro, "Fancy stowing food agin' a north wall".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11095 on: January 4, 2011, 03:58:13 pm »
Larders and pantries were things you'd see in TV programmes about posh people.  We had a cockroach and mice infested dump in Edge Hill with a back yard and an outside bog.  When we moved to Speke in 1964 it was extremely upmarket to us.  With no exagerration whatsoever I remember feeling all dizzy when we got near Speke on the first day as it was the fist time I'd breathed in relatively unpolluted air, as it was the southernmost tip of the city with woodland and farms nearby.

Unfortunately my folks missed the old crappy area we came from for some unfathomable reason so we moved back to Wavertree - the arse end, off Picton Road - with yet another back yard and outside toilet.  I moved down south in 1973 and my folks didn't get an inside bog until a few years later when the housing association moved them out for 6 months (to live actually on Penny Lane itself).  We always dreamt of stuff like larders and pantries!

we had a cockroach infested fire place no matter what we did couldn't get rid of the buggers

mainly came out at night when the sneeky bastards thought you weren't looking - remember coming down first thing in the morning putting the light on and seeing loads of them scurrying about

then having to go over and make the fire, hearing their scratchy little legs trying to  hide - not that it scarred me for life or anything - hate em - them and goats

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11096 on: January 4, 2011, 04:00:15 pm »
This larder/fridge business reminds me of an old episode of The Beverley Hillbillies, where Ged encounters a freezer for the first time. He's in the kitchen with Jethro, opens up this cupboard (the freezer) and dumbfoundedly pulls out this huge chunk of frozen meat.

"Well if that aint the foolest thing", he says to Jethro, "Fancy stowing food agin' a north wall".

We absolutely loved that programme.

The fridge bit is at 12:30 onwards here....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kjt_xOauj4E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kjt_xOauj4E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

Elly May is now 77

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11097 on: January 4, 2011, 04:12:17 pm »
I always thought Elly May got murdered by Charlie Manson - don't know where I got that from.

PS How the bloody hell did you dig that out.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2011, 04:20:04 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11098 on: January 4, 2011, 04:20:00 pm »
I always thought Elly May got murdered by Charlie Manson - don't know where I got that from.
She'd have battered Charlie Manson.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11099 on: January 4, 2011, 04:20:06 pm »
Sharon Tate appeared in some of the Beverley Hillbillies. Possibly from that. I think she was also in some Petticoat Junction episodes.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11100 on: January 4, 2011, 04:21:00 pm »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11101 on: January 4, 2011, 04:24:55 pm »
....PS How the bloody hell did you dig that out.
Sorry missed that bit.
I had a vague recollection it was in one of the first episodes so took a guess it was when they first moved in to the mansion.
Quick slide through it and I found it.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11102 on: January 4, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »
She'd have battered Charlie Manson.
;D

Especially with that double-barreled slingshot.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2011, 04:37:00 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11103 on: January 4, 2011, 04:54:12 pm »
Sorry missed that bit.
I had a vague recollection it was in one of the first episodes so took a guess it was when they first moved in to the mansion.
The Film 24 Channel (Sky channel 157) shows the Beverley Hillbillies throughout the day (it's on right now as I type this).  I stumbled upon the first ever episode last week, which was quite a treat.  The channel also shows Bonanza, another classic series from when I was a kid.  Also shows ancient episodes of the Lucy Show

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11104 on: January 4, 2011, 05:55:36 pm »
Sorry missed that bit.
I've just a peep in the transfer forum mate, and noticed you're a mod there.
What sins have you committed to deserve that punishment?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11105 on: January 4, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »
I've just a peep in the transfer forum mate, and noticed you're a mod there.
What sins have you committed to deserve that punishment?

Venial.

I'm beginning to think I need someone to request a Novena for me. :)
« Last Edit: January 4, 2011, 06:02:38 pm by The Gulleysucker »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11106 on: January 4, 2011, 06:04:23 pm »
Venial.

I'm beginning to think I need someone to request a Novena for me. :)
Get you with yer posh sayings...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #11107 on: January 4, 2011, 06:06:27 pm »

I'm practicing so that when I become Lord Snooty of Melwood  I don't make any faux pas. ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11108 on: January 4, 2011, 06:08:00 pm »
I'm practicing so that when I become Lord Snooty of Melwood  I don't make any faux pas. ;D
Is that French for fuck off?

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #11109 on: January 4, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »

I thought Novena was something you washed you hair with on the advice of nitty norah and her fellow head explorers.

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11110 on: January 4, 2011, 06:18:39 pm »

I thought Novena was something you washed you hair with on the advice of nitty norah and her fellow head explorers.

heathen     

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #11111 on: January 4, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »

Va te faire foutre
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11112 on: January 4, 2011, 07:00:37 pm »
Thats pastry that T.    I think.

Does anyone need to know how to get to the tourist information centre...or the time?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11113 on: January 4, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »

I used to love Christmas Day when I was a kid.

There was always one of my Dads big woolly socks hanging on the end of my bed and inside a packet of gold chocolate coins, a tangerine, a couple of dates wrapped up in tissue paer and a toy.

I remember getting a doll one year.  About 12" tall,  its head, legs and arms were all kept on by elastic bands and it had a red and white stripey dress on.

I thought it was brilliant.

Then after one of our many arguments my brother cut through all the elastic bands  :no
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Pheeny

« Reply #11114 on: January 4, 2011, 09:15:18 pm »

a tangerine,

we always got one as well about the only time of a year we saw fruit unless it was what we'd nicked from some ones apple tree.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11115 on: January 4, 2011, 10:00:27 pm »
I used to love Christmas Day when I was a kid.

Me too, never got loads of presents but what we did get we appreciated and looked after them.

we always got one as well about the only time of a year we saw fruit unless it was what we'd nicked from some ones apple tree.

It's just not Christmas without tangerines, even today

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #11116 on: January 4, 2011, 10:01:16 pm »
Just heard Gerry Rafferty passed away age 63, great singer and his Baker Street hit is one of the best tunes of the 70's
R.I.P Gerry

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/gerry-rafferty-dies-aged-63
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11117 on: January 4, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »
Away from Christmas, did anyone enjoy sport at school?  I loved it and was in the school hockey and netball teams and I always loved running.  I remember one hockey match when I got whacked on the shin by some girl, god it didn't half hurt and I know I shouldn't have but I got my revenge, I chased her right down the pitch and whacked her back.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #11118 on: January 4, 2011, 10:10:39 pm »
Just heard Gerry Rafferty passed away age 63, great singer and his Baker Street hit is one of the best tunes of the 70's
R.I.P Gerry

No age at all that.

Rest in peace Gerry.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #11119 on: January 4, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »
R.I.P Gerry

Genuinely shocked and saddened by that news.

R.I.P Gerry