Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12387171 times)

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #105960 on: July 2, 2023, 06:19:13 pm »
We tend to have terrible luck with injuries with our better prospects (you can include Jones and Elliott with that or Brewster before he went). Either one bad injury or niggling ones. Gordon hasn't played for 18 months, Stewart had a very long absence, Sepp missed most of last season.

Paul Glatzel too.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105961 on: July 2, 2023, 08:07:10 pm »
Paul Glatzel too.

yeah that was horrific, we’re playing against some lower league side and the goal keeper goes into a one on one like he’s Harald Schumacher

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105962 on: July 3, 2023, 08:37:34 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1675950033412431873

Owen Beck has completed a season-long loan move to Scottish Premiership side Dundee.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #105963 on: July 3, 2023, 08:39:22 pm »
So youth loans so far are Rhys Williams to Aberdeen, Owen beck to Dundee, is there anyone else yet, I feel I have forgotten someone.  Fabio to Leipzig obvs

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #105964 on: July 3, 2023, 08:40:58 pm »
Harvey Davies to Crewe.

Interesting we’ve not had something lined up for Chambers after his successful one last season, may get the summer and/or cups to impress.
AHA!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105965 on: July 3, 2023, 08:46:06 pm »
Harvey Davies to Crewe.

Interesting we’ve not had something lined up for Chambers after his successful one last season, may get the summer and/or cups to impress.

Ahh there you are cheers

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105966 on: July 3, 2023, 08:48:53 pm »
Ahh Calvin Ramsay to Preston too, they are adding up

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105967 on: July 3, 2023, 09:25:04 pm »
There may well be clubs lining up for Chambers on loan but I think he is going on preseason first for Klopp to see where he is at.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105968 on: July 4, 2023, 12:13:33 am »
There may well be clubs lining up for Chambers on loan but I think he is going on preseason first for Klopp to see where he is at.
Probably want to see him before seeing where to send him on loan since tsimikas is going be robertson back up

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #105969 on: July 4, 2023, 03:43:01 am »
Do we have any LCB or left footed CB in the youth teams who might turn out to be good? :D

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105970 on: July 4, 2023, 07:25:39 am »
Do we have any LCB or left footed CB in the youth teams who might turn out to be good? :D

Quansah Is the best center back we have in the youth ranks, not sure if he can play left cb though.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105971 on: July 4, 2023, 07:30:54 am »
The 14 year CB Harvey Owen that was signed but that at least 3 or 4 year away. He a left sided CB who play with right foot though

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105972 on: July 5, 2023, 03:39:50 pm »
Kaide Gordon set to make return to full training with Liverpool U21s in two weeks.

#LFC winger not played since Feb 2022 due to pelvic growth issue. Will start season with U21s as he rebuilds fitness after 17 months out. @TheAthleticFC

https://theathletic.com/4667374/2023/07/05/kaide-gordon-liverpool-news/

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105973 on: July 5, 2023, 03:52:36 pm »
Good luck to him but I really think it's a huge ask to expect him to reach the level he was capable of previously.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105974 on: July 5, 2023, 03:59:12 pm »
For him, this season just needs to be about playing pain-free football again and rebuilding his strength & fitness. Anything above that (performance-wise) is a bonus IMHO.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105975 on: July 5, 2023, 04:00:15 pm »
Good luck to him but I really think it's a huge ask to expect him to reach the level he was capable of previously.

He has age on his side. If this injury happened in his 20s, I'd agree with you but youngsters can bounce back from serious injuries.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #105976 on: July 5, 2023, 04:04:48 pm »
He has age on his side. If this injury happened in his 20s, I'd agree with you but youngsters can bounce back from serious injuries.

Sure, but he's missed nearly 2 years of development at a crucial age.  Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105977 on: July 5, 2023, 05:28:08 pm »
Looking forward to seeing him back on the pitch, hopefully now he can stay injury-free and get back on track in terms of his development.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105978 on: July 5, 2023, 11:19:10 pm »
Chambers.m has played a nice but at CB. ‘Wow, he has everything for a centre half, apart from a body’.” Were Klopp's words which refer to his height I imagine. To me he does seem to have grown. With TAA dropping into midfield it would be very interesting to see him in Robbos position.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105979 on: July 5, 2023, 11:29:12 pm »

I think Billy Koumetio is left footed.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105980 on: July 6, 2023, 06:41:54 am »
I think Billy Koumetio is left footed.

Off on loan according to Neil Jones the oracle.. Koumetio showed a lot of promise but has some big holes in his game primarily concentration, a loan should help with that.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105981 on: July 6, 2023, 07:16:51 am »
Sure, but he's missed nearly 2 years of development at a crucial age.  Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

16/17 months surely? Not good but 'nearly 2 years' puts a pretty negative spin on it! If you can say 'nearly 2 years' you could just as easily say 'just over a year'.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105982 on: July 6, 2023, 08:00:42 am »
A little bit different with Gordon as he had a problem that needed to be careful managed rather than having a horrific injury needing major surgery or surgeries. He's still only 18 so as long as he's over his issue then I can easily see him getting back on track.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105983 on: July 6, 2023, 02:30:23 pm »
we do now have doak and clark ahead of him doesn't it.

keeps the youth squad ticking and hopefully lessen the pressure on gordon. i still do hope that he kicks on and get a few minutes in europe and cup games to manage the minutes of the seniors.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105984 on: July 6, 2023, 11:33:28 pm »
we do now have doak and clark ahead of him doesn't it.

keeps the youth squad ticking and hopefully lessen the pressure on gordon. i still do hope that he kicks on and get a few minutes in europe and cup games to manage the minutes of the seniors.
Clark probably behind Mac Allister/Jones or Szoboszlai/Elliott more. Clark seems more of a #10 type maybe #8/10 mix. Clark should be ready to get more game time when Henderson and/or Thiago move on

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #105985 on: July 7, 2023, 09:58:46 am »
Chambers attracting loan interest from as high as Bayer Leverkusen, apparently.
AHA!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #105986 on: July 7, 2023, 09:59:42 am »

Xabi getting to know his squad? ;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105987 on: July 7, 2023, 07:13:32 pm »
This would be much step up Level and better judge of if he ready to replace Robertson more.
Generally players sent on loan by Liverpool(Over 18) are not future first team plan but I think had change with some player more so on the defender side then anywhere else.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105988 on: July 10, 2023, 09:43:35 am »
This deal has now gone through.

Gift: “After six years at this amazing club, today marks the end of my journey with #LFC. I am truly grateful for every second I have spent at this special club.”
Quote Tweet
James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
·
May 27
Young Liverpool attacker Elijah Gift set to join Athletic Bilbao this summer.
Understand the fee is set to be around £1 million. #LFC

https://theathletic.com/4557047/2023/0

Good luck to the lad.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #105989 on: July 10, 2023, 12:53:17 pm »
Any word on which academy lads are in training camp with the big club/who might be in line to travel with them? Usually we’ve got some kind of list published by now I thought.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105990 on: July 10, 2023, 01:04:39 pm »
Any word on which academy lads are in training camp with the big club/who might be in line to travel with them? Usually we’ve got some kind of list published by now I thought.

I'd imagine we get the list of who is going to the training camp just before we fly out to Germany. So probably towards the end of this week. Although I did think it was a bit odd that there didn't seem to be any of the academy lads like Doak and Clark joining the likes of Nunez and Fabinho when they returned on Saturday.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105991 on: July 10, 2023, 05:37:47 pm »

From the pre-season thread:

Academy players training with the first team group:

Harvey Blair, Jarell Quansah, Ben Doak, Lewis Koumas, Layton Stewart, Dom Corness, Bobby Clark, Melkamu Frauendorf, Tyler Morton

GK: Marcelo Pitaluga, Fabian Mrozek, Jakub Ojrzynski

You'll get a fair few of these going to the training camp/Singapore to pad the squad out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105992 on: July 10, 2023, 06:55:28 pm »
The Echo are suggesting that Kieran Morrison was promoted to the U21 set up in January.  I merely thought he was one of the u16s who got time in the u18s last season, not that he was then in the U21s.  Did anyone here see him with the U21s last season?  He must be an incredible prospect if he was promoted to u21s while still as U16. 

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105993 on: July 10, 2023, 08:05:20 pm »
The Echo are suggesting that Kieran Morrison was promoted to the U21 set up in January.  I merely thought he was one of the u16s who got time in the u18s last season, not that he was then in the U21s.  Did anyone here see him with the U21s last season?  He must be an incredible prospect if he was promoted to u21s while still as U16.
The only u21 I can see him playing is this one: https://gh.soccerway.com/matches/2023/01/11/europe/premier-league-international-cup/liverpool-under-21/psg-u21/3902571/
 Was the same day as a Fa youth cup game so think he was more making the numbers up on the bench

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105994 on: July 10, 2023, 10:15:07 pm »
The only u21 I can see him playing is this one: https://gh.soccerway.com/matches/2023/01/11/europe/premier-league-international-cup/liverpool-under-21/psg-u21/3902571/
 Was the same day as a Fa youth cup game so think he was more making the numbers up on the bench

Yes, this makes much more sense than the Echo, but you would have thought they would be extra careful on accuracy for stories of U16s.  Also the story seems a bit odd since the player is not 17 until November at which point they can sign pro contracts so why would they mention him being offered a new contract now?  If this is just the ‘contract’ offer for a two year place in the U18, then surely all the new cohort about to start in the U18s would be offered the same?  I’m not 100% clear how this works.   On the plus side, I am already convinced he is highly rated for playing up a bit last year

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #105995 on: July 10, 2023, 10:18:43 pm »
What do we know about Quansah?  He was quietly given a new contract and is now up with the first team. Any potential there?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105996 on: July 10, 2023, 11:03:48 pm »
What do we know about Quansah?  He was quietly given a new contract and is now up with the first team. Any potential there?

As I have said before I really like him. Tall, strong, quick, good on the ball. Eng u19 regular.  Obvs green, only played 6 months in league one

Only thing is I am a bit disconcerted by the impression that the academy bosses have taken a while to warm to him, which seems to be partly explained by Koumetio getting the attention until he made a lot of mistakes

I am hopeful

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #105997 on: July 10, 2023, 11:14:26 pm »
As I have said before I really like him. Tall, strong, quick, good on the ball. Eng u19 regular.  Obvs green, only played 6 months in league one

Only thing is I am a bit disconcerted by the impression that the academy bosses have taken a while to warm to him, which seems to be partly explained by Koumetio getting the attention until he made a lot of mistakes

I am hopeful

Good news. How's young Jonas doing?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105998 on: July 10, 2023, 11:21:08 pm »
Good news. How's young Jonas doing?

Not watched him as much. My impression is he has potential but not yet as much a leader as Quansah. Others might be better qualified to say

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105999 on: July 11, 2023, 01:03:14 am »
Not watched him as much. My impression is he has potential but not yet as much a leader as Quansah. Others might be better qualified to say
I know he right footed has played on the left at all.