Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12387317 times)

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #106000 on: July 11, 2023, 04:11:28 am »
Not watched him as much. My impression is he has potential but not yet as much a leader as Quansah. Others might be better qualified to say
Quansah is for me the best CB prospect we have by a mile. Koumetio was fast tracked due to his incredible physical profile, but as it’s been mentioned he seems to just have too many lapses.
Quansah combines that physical side with much more composure. He’s not been as heralded but has quietly gone about his business and impressed at every chance.
Lee Jonas has had some bad luck with injuries, but has partnered Quansah at both u18 and 21 level effectively. Doesn’t have the size of Quansah but is a good leader and organizer.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106001 on: July 11, 2023, 08:43:03 am »
What's happened to Musialowski?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106002 on: July 11, 2023, 09:10:03 am »
As I have said before I really like him. Tall, strong, quick, good on the ball. Eng u19 regular.  Obvs green, only played 6 months in league one

Only thing is I am a bit disconcerted by the impression that the academy bosses have taken a while to warm to him, which seems to be partly explained by Koumetio getting the attention until he made a lot of mistakes

I am hopeful

Quansah doesn’t look to quick to me, he isn’t slow but wouldn’t describe him as quick either. I think Chambers is the best Cb prospect we have even though he’s played majority of his games at LB, I think he could fit into this new system pretty well potentially.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #106003 on: July 11, 2023, 03:47:20 pm »
Quansah doesn’t look to quick to me, he isn’t slow but wouldn’t describe him as quick either. I think Chambers is the best Cb prospect we have even though he’s played majority of his games at LB, I think he could fit into this new system pretty well potentially.
Really like Chambers, just not sure if he’s got the size and aerial ability to be a LCB. Unless he’s hit a growth spurt that I’m unaware of.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106004 on: July 11, 2023, 07:03:25 pm »
Really like Chambers, just not sure if he’s got the size and aerial ability to be a LCB. Unless he’s hit a growth spurt that I’m unaware of.

He would play Left back but he makes sense as a left sided centre back if we play the way we have in recent games with Trent pushing up into CM, he has more height than Robertson and experience as actually playing as a CB.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106005 on: July 11, 2023, 08:45:28 pm »
Kaide Gordon back in training now.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106006 on: July 12, 2023, 08:18:52 am »

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106007 on: July 14, 2023, 03:02:40 pm »
Poor Harvey Blair.  Got really quite consistent last year but yet again, another up injury to hamper him.  Rules out a loan then. 

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #106008 on: July 14, 2023, 04:36:26 pm »
Poor Harvey Blair.  Got really quite consistent last year but yet again, another up injury to hamper him.  Rules out a loan then. 

Yes a real pity. Just seen on this is Anfield a quote from kloppo bigging up Doak, Bradley and Clark  - pointing out Clark’s growth

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #106009 on: July 14, 2023, 05:03:11 pm »
Clark already looked a lot bigger towards the end of last season, I remember mentioning it on here.  Will definitely help his chances in the first team squad.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106010 on: July 14, 2023, 06:28:52 pm »
I haven’t seen Luke chambers in any of the pre-season training photos.  He could be training with another club ahead of a loan being announced but I thought he was meant to be going with the first squad to show where he was at.  Hope he isn’t injured

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #106011 on: July 15, 2023, 12:08:13 am »
Do we know who is getting on the plane to Germany yet?

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #106012 on: July 15, 2023, 12:13:52 am »
Do we know who is getting on the plane to Germany yet?

Germans?
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106013 on: July 15, 2023, 11:09:10 am »
I haven’t seen Luke chambers in any of the pre-season training photos.  He could be training with another club ahead of a loan being announced but I thought he was meant to be going with the first squad to show where he was at.  Hope he isn’t injured

Not in the squad. Scanlon is. Either a move or an injury surely

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106014 on: July 15, 2023, 11:37:05 am »
Good to see Quansah, Scanlon, McConnell and Koumas going on the trip to Germany with first-team, should be a great experience for them coming off the back of last season where they all made really encouraging progress.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106015 on: July 15, 2023, 11:42:59 am »
Can someone post the full list of players going in the pre season thread please as I can't find it online?

Tia

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106016 on: July 15, 2023, 12:02:57 pm »
Can someone post the full list of players going in the pre season thread please as I can't find it online?

Tia

Just stuck it in there debs
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106017 on: July 15, 2023, 12:21:39 pm »
Just stuck it in there debs

Cheers bud 👍

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106018 on: July 15, 2023, 02:37:28 pm »
Disappointed not to to see Kaide Gordon on the list.

Hopefully the Chambers to Leverkusen rumours are true but only on oan hopefully.

Stewart will probably be disappointed if fit and Morton but neither will make the grade here unfortunately so need to look at other options.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #106019 on: July 15, 2023, 02:38:34 pm »

Hopefully the Chambers to Leverkusen rumours are true but only on oan hopefully.

Stewart will probably be disappointed if fit and Morton but neither will make the grade here unfortunately so need to look at other options.

Likewise Stewart. it's going to be a vital season for him this one.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106020 on: July 15, 2023, 02:39:30 pm »
Stewart is a better prospect and had a better season than Koumas I would have thought?

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106021 on: July 15, 2023, 02:48:15 pm »
Stewart needs a move, whether it's on loan or permanent, missed a long time through injury but he's almost 21 and should be looking to play senior football somewhere.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #106022 on: July 15, 2023, 03:14:49 pm »
Stewart needs a move, whether it's on loan or permanent, missed a long time through injury but he's almost 21 and should be looking to play senior football somewhere.

Like Brewster and Glatzel he missed too much key development with a bad injury. Hopefully Gordon can recover from his woes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #106023 on: July 15, 2023, 03:20:10 pm »

The club have had an opportunity to release him already but he's still here. But he needs a season were its not interrupted by injury.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106024 on: July 15, 2023, 03:22:06 pm »
Emmanuel Airoboma is a new name on me coming through (from the report of 2 x U18 friendly matches v Salford on LFC site).   Could be still an u16 given they put out different teams and some U18s eg Doak and Koumas are with the firsts.  But could also be a new intake U18.  Always interesting to ‘meet’ the new U18 cohort

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106025 on: July 15, 2023, 03:38:47 pm »
The club have had an opportunity to release him already but he's still here. But he needs a season were its not interrupted by injury.

He just needs to play first-team football. There's no real benefit to him playing U21 football now, he's a good player and a smart finisher but he's at a point where he needs the challenge of competing at a higher level. He might well have had an opportunity to go out on loan by now had it not been for the injury so he is making up for lost time, but he'd stand to gain a lot more from a good loan to a club in the EFL or Scotland than playing U21 football for us.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106026 on: July 15, 2023, 09:15:08 pm »

There was a piece on how Kaide is being allowed to build up gradually in the u23s.  Makes sense after the length of injury

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #106027 on: July 16, 2023, 04:08:45 pm »
Chambers and Morton must be on their way somewhere on loan since their not included on tour

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106028 on: July 16, 2023, 04:50:32 pm »
Chambers and Morton must be on their way somewhere on loan since their not included on tour

Probably but it could be that Morton’s metatarsal injury (end April) hasn’t healed well. 

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #106029 on: July 16, 2023, 05:16:24 pm »
Probably but it could be that Morton’s metatarsal injury (end April) hasn’t healed well. 
Yeah, reports are that Morton is still recovering from his foot injury. Chambers will likely go on loan.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #106030 on: July 18, 2023, 02:34:57 pm »
Really pleased to see McConnell involved on the tour. Last 2 years I think he’s been as impressive and consistent as anyone in our setup- even coming back from injury and regaining his form almost immediately this season. Really hope to see him kick on with us as I think he’s got loads of ability.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #106031 on: July 19, 2023, 09:37:43 am »
Balagizi joining Wigan for the season.

We’ve picked a right couple of stable clubs for him to join.
AHA!

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #106032 on: July 19, 2023, 12:48:46 pm »
Balagizi joining Wigan for the season.

We’ve picked a right couple of stable clubs for him to join.

Signed a new contract before leaving as well.  There were good reports on him at Crawley before he got injured (especially when he played DM).  Hopefully he has a full season and comes back to us to push on (he'll be 20-21 by the time he gets back).
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #106033 on: July 19, 2023, 12:58:42 pm »
Would be surprised if he makes it here, even as a squad option.  Think this loan is just to get him back up and running with a few to getting some offers in next season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #106034 on: July 19, 2023, 01:44:37 pm »
Would be surprised if he makes it here, even as a squad option.  Think this loan is just to get him back up and running with a few to getting some offers in next season.

Another one in the academy who's progress has been hampered by injuries. Had a feeling he'd do well in League 2 last season then possibly get some Championship interest, as it happens he couldn't get as much time playing there due to injuries but has still got a decent league 1 loan, I assume Wigan will be near the top like, so good move for him. Possibly will be his last season here so hope he can kick on and get some much needed play time at that level.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #106035 on: July 19, 2023, 02:00:32 pm »
Injuries would be the only reason for him not to make it as a PL player in my opinion, really is a shame that he’s had such rotten luck in that regard. Has definitely hampered his development and made it difficult to gain momentum

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106036 on: July 19, 2023, 02:06:12 pm »
What’s happening with Cannonier, is he injured, seemed to be one of the standout youth players but never really here his name anymore

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #106037 on: July 19, 2023, 08:48:23 pm »
Doak looking excellent right from the very off again. League minutes will obviously be hard to come by with Salah there, but I think we can play him in the Europa League group matches - He's the first of any youngsters I'd want to see in the side for them. From there he can impress and stick in and around the squad, but even if he doesn't hit the ground running there's always the chance for a loan in January, he'll definitely be with us at the start of the season though, you'd think.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #106038 on: July 19, 2023, 08:49:12 pm »
Scanlon was a surprise to see play today for me.  Anyone with more knowledge than I got some thoughts on him?

Also Bobby Clark - is he ready for the first team?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106039 on: July 19, 2023, 10:33:10 pm »
Are more regular injuries just a part of the academy set-up? I feel like our brightest players always get injured and then careers are derailed.

I am simplifying it - I'm sure.