Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12387350 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #106040 on: July 19, 2023, 10:43:00 pm »
I wonder where Doak ends up in his career.

Does he kick on and become a top top player? Or does he just stick at the level he was as a brilliant 16 year old?  Time will tell I guess
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #106041 on: July 21, 2023, 06:14:15 pm »
Twitter noises about talks for Layton Stewart going to Preston North end loan or permanent

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #106042 on: July 21, 2023, 06:19:44 pm »
and Glatzel getting a new contract, which makes no sense unless we want to fill some HG quota. He's 22 now.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106043 on: July 21, 2023, 06:53:24 pm »
Glatzel new contract is prob just to help him find fitness and a new club.  I doubt if there is any intention to fill up an academy slot with him playing U21s. 

Btw, the photos and bios of the new u18 intake is now on lfc site.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #106044 on: July 21, 2023, 08:17:00 pm »
Glatzel new contract is prob just to help him find fitness and a new club.  I doubt if there is any intention to fill up an academy slot with him playing U21s. 

We have a defender called Wellity Lucky.  Get him fast tracked immediately.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106045 on: July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 pm »
We have a defender called Wellity Lucky.  Get him fast tracked immediately.

Not so lucky.  He played a few times in the 21-22 season when still an U16, so looking promising, but then spent nearly all  of last season injured. 

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106046 on: July 21, 2023, 08:54:06 pm »
Whoever decided on this horrific side-scrolling should be shot. It wasn't broken, it didn't need this 'fix'.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106047 on: July 22, 2023, 12:36:21 am »
Whoever decided on this horrific side-scrolling should be shot. It wasn't broken, it didn't need this 'fix'.

Yep,that is awful,i just couldn't be arsed so fucking clunky,u-21's beat Kidderminster  to open preseason,no line ups on the offi site.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #106048 on: July 22, 2023, 01:14:55 am »
I wonder where Doak ends up in his career.

Does he kick on and become a top top player? Or does he just stick at the level he was as a brilliant 16 year old?  Time will tell I guess

I think he kicks on.

It is so rare to have the kind of acceleration, strength, directness, and attitude that he has.

Reminds me of Eden Hazard.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106049 on: July 22, 2023, 01:22:33 am »
Suprised we didn’t officially announce Gift leaving considering it was 7 figure fee. That’s a big gift from Bibao
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #106050 on: July 22, 2023, 10:34:32 am »
I think he kicks on.

It is so rare to have the kind of acceleration, strength, directness, and attitude that he has.

Reminds me of Eden Hazard.
Maybe… but Jordan Ibe also lingers in the back of my mind…. Mind you, even at Wycombe he didn’t have much end product…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #106051 on: July 22, 2023, 11:01:50 am »
Layton Stewart seemingly off to Preston on a permanent deal with a buyback:

https://twitter.com/CaoimheSport/status/1682680843326586880

His name's kicked about but I don't think I've ever had the impression he was going to massively break through?  Good move for him?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #106052 on: July 22, 2023, 11:04:18 am »

His name's kicked about but I don't think I've ever had the impression he was going to massively break through?  Good move for him?

For me, yeah, looked a little out of his depth when had the chance but definitely talent there, good chance for him. Cannonier screaming up behind him as well

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106053 on: July 22, 2023, 11:20:15 am »
Think that's a really good move for Stewart, and the right time for him to move on.

Best of luck to him, looking forward to following his development and progress there.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #106054 on: July 22, 2023, 11:32:06 am »

He looked very good, albeit at u18 level, but that injury spoiled whatever chance he had of making it at Liverpool. Will be interesting to see if he can bang in the goals for Preston and earn a move to a PL club.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #106055 on: July 22, 2023, 11:56:44 am »
Really good move for him. Even without the injuries I'm not sure I ever saw it really happening for him here, but he's been a good goal scorer at academy level and a Championship side is a nice place to start in mens football. Tough league but I'd back him to score a few if given the chances.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106056 on: July 22, 2023, 01:52:24 pm »
Injuries would be the only reason for him not to make it as a PL player in my opinion, really is a shame that he’s had such rotten luck in that regard. Has definitely hampered his development and made it difficult to gain momentum
Doesn't contribute enough from midfield. He might make it as a championship player but could easily not either. At u18 level his size was a major advantage as expected that is no longer the case.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106057 on: July 22, 2023, 01:53:26 pm »
For me, yeah, looked a little out of his depth when had the chance but definitely talent there, good chance for him. Cannonier screaming up behind him as well
He a far better player than Cannonier who is only a poacher. ACL held him back but interesting to see the club have included a buy back in his sale.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #106058 on: July 22, 2023, 03:11:40 pm »
Was legit looking like a Torres regen in the youth teams before the big injury.  Hope he gets a good run at his new club.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #106059 on: July 22, 2023, 03:29:35 pm »
When will Billy The Kid Koumetio be ready for the first team?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #106060 on: July 22, 2023, 05:33:48 pm »

It's the injuries that have stopped him sad!y. He had a great talent for scoring very natural finisher and could finish off in many different ways. But the injuries have come at crucial times for him and put back his development. What he needs is a season of uninterrupted football, so he can show what he really has. I am happy he has a buy back, still reluctant to give up entirely on him. Good luck, Layton.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106061 on: July 22, 2023, 06:24:14 pm »
It's the injuries that have stopped him sad!y. He had a great talent for scoring very natural finisher and could finish off in many different ways. But the injuries have come at crucial times for him and put back his development. What he needs is a season of uninterrupted football, so he can show what he really has. I am happy he has a buy back, still reluctant to give up entirely on him. Good luck, Layton.

It must be heartbreaking for a footballer when injuries curtail their career. I have a mate who signed papers for City in the 90s, they were talking about putting him straight in the first team squad at 16, but he decided to play in his school's cup final before he left Chester, then some jealous prick went in studs first and shattered his leg. He spent years trying to get back to how he was, he played a bit for Portsmouth and Tranmere, but then ended up working in construction. You can tell how much it affected him as he'd often bring it up (haven't seen him for a while). Nowadays, I think, well I hope, they have better support for young footballers who encounter this.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #106062 on: July 22, 2023, 06:51:54 pm »
Maybe… but Jordan Ibe also lingers in the back of my mind…. Mind you, even at Wycombe he didn’t have much end product…

He had the ability but didn't have the head for it. You need a strong mentality to build on early promise (look at Balotelli).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106063 on: July 22, 2023, 07:02:32 pm »
He had the ability but didn't have the head for it. You need a strong mentality to build on early promise (look at Balotelli).

I know what you mean about mentality, but there's a difference between mentality and mental health. Look at Dele Alli, he has shown a strong "mentality" to get through his mental health issues and talk so bravely about it while rebuilding his career. There needs to be more support regarding mental health rather than just dishing out pills for sleep and pain etc. Dele alluded to a more widespread problem with pills in football.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #106064 on: July 22, 2023, 07:12:16 pm »

Same as Tom Hill really. No luck at all.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106065 on: July 22, 2023, 10:13:00 pm »
Alot of money being spent on transfers at academy by the top clubs this summer all but Liverpool OG course. Seems to be a real lack of academy transfers so far this summer by the club. Strange given the success we have had so far with doak, Gordon etc. It's not much of a stretch to say out best academy players are the ones we have bought in.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106066 on: July 22, 2023, 11:08:48 pm »
Alot of money being spent on transfers at academy by the top clubs this summer all but Liverpool OG course. Seems to be a real lack of academy transfers so far this summer by the club. Strange given the success we have had so far with doak, Gordon etc. It's not much of a stretch to say out best academy players are the ones we have bought in.
Brought a 14 Year old CB for 1 mil irc.
idk if there any others.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #106067 on: July 23, 2023, 12:29:54 am »
It must be heartbreaking for a footballer when injuries curtail their career. I have a mate who signed papers for City in the 90s, they were talking about putting him straight in the first team squad at 16, but he decided to play in his school's cup final before he left Chester, then some jealous prick went in studs first and shattered his leg. He spent years trying to get back to how he was, he played a bit for Portsmouth and Tranmere, but then ended up working in construction. You can tell how much it affected him as he'd often bring it up (haven't seen him for a while). Nowadays, I think, well I hope, they have better support for young footballers who encounter this.

That is horrible it show a life in football can be so wildly unpredictable. What a nasty way to lose your dream, that’s really sad.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106068 on: July 23, 2023, 05:28:29 pm »
For keen followers of the academy, can really recommend @lewisbower2021 for insight. His second, weekly academy reports gives more detail about some of the warm up games, incl on who is playing, than the official site.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #106069 on: July 23, 2023, 05:48:45 pm »

They generally will be, but we need to be aggressive in getting the best players in in that age range. Doak and Gordon were top drawer talents, same with Elliott who we had to pay a fair bit for in the end. Clark is a good level talent as well who we got in from Newcastle just before the takeover kicked in. If we can't afford to pay the going rate for more established HG players (we may get Lavia this summer but the established English players come with a very high premium) then we need to get them earlier.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106070 on: July 24, 2023, 05:50:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/TheSecretScout_/status/1683517675882913794

Liverpool have completed the signing of defender Harvey Owen from Wolves.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #106072 on: July 26, 2023, 10:10:41 pm »
U18s beat Man U 1-0, another Jayden Danny’s goal. From Lewis bower

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106073 on: July 26, 2023, 10:11:03 pm »
U18s beat Manchester United 1-0 in their second match in Northern Ireland

https://twitter.com/AndyK_LivNews/status/1684306821790539782?t=LpiIjK0SOMnN98JJK17v6Q&s=19

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106074 on: July 26, 2023, 10:44:35 pm »
https://twitter.com/CaoimheSport/status/1684306503367286785

Hearing Conor Bradley is set to sign a new three-year deal with Liverpool. Understand 20yo right-back agreed terms with #LFC earlier this month. Now looking likely he will be in senior squad for upcoming season.

[@TheAthleticFC]

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #106075 on: July 27, 2023, 03:35:05 am »
U18s beat Manchester United 1-0 in their second match in Northern Ireland

https://twitter.com/AndyK_LivNews/status/1684306821790539782?t=LpiIjK0SOMnN98JJK17v6Q&s=19

Not much between the teams, I was impressed by our winger Kone-Doherty and keeper Kornel Misciur who was very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Clear to see the style of play filtering down from the senior team, focus on possession and playing out from the back. A lot of potential on show.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106076 on: July 27, 2023, 04:37:22 pm »
https://twitter.com/CaoimheSport/status/1684306503367286785

He’s been left out of the trip to Singapore so, unless he’s picked up an injury, it’s not looking that likely.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #106077 on: July 27, 2023, 04:53:18 pm »
Imagine Pitaluga’s going out on loan again too.
AHA!

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106078 on: July 27, 2023, 04:53:56 pm »
He’s been left out of the trip to Singapore so, unless he’s picked up an injury, it’s not looking that likely.

Strange one unless we have midfield targets lined up meaning we don't need the cover for Trent.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106079 on: July 27, 2023, 04:56:30 pm »
Any sightings of Luke Chambers yet? I really didn't think we'd entertain selling him but the loan-to-buy rumours and the lack of sightings all pre-season are a bit odd.