Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1528909 times)

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2640 on: May 12, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »
Brilliant. So long as they don't cross the line with racial/homophobic slurs, so long as they're responsible with the flares and the smoke bombs, so long as there's no violence or stupidity of any other kind that crosses the line, given the exorbitant amount of money these clubs charge the lifeblood of this very game? Can do whatever the fuck they like.

Football's the working class' game, once a week the lads are supposed to go down and watch their local club with their mates and have fun. It's not a fucking backdrop for a corporate meeting where men in suits who know nothing about what's going on on the pitch sit in the stands and hash out deals, it's not a fucking cinema, where you sit there and shut the fuck up for 90 minutes, then get up and go home. It's a fucking football game, and the crowd plays a vital role in the atmosphere, and the atmosphere at all of our away games has been superb.

Keep it up lads.

Well put. When I heard they let a smoke bomb off in the train or whatever , I think that is going too far and that is bad form.

It looks great. The pictures above are brilliant. The players I'm sure absolutely love it and everyone bounces off each other. The fans are louder because  the players are reacting to the atmosphere and vice versa.

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #2641 on: May 12, 2013, 05:22:48 pm »
Honest question - Are the flares any danger to the surrounding people?

If no, then I really don't understand what the problem is. It's just awesome. Plus, the rest of Europe have them all the time.

I've been wondering this too. I was at a  league of Ireland game about 10 years ago and some lad let a flare off right where we were and people we getting sick and all. These are smoke bombs though but I presume the contents of the smoke bomb arnt good for you?

Do they hold them or just leave them on the ground? Would that not result in people getting sick and smoke going into your eyes and on your clothes?

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2642 on: May 12, 2013, 05:24:49 pm »
Anything Liverpool do well on/off the pitch winds him up mate.

My favourite part of the game was when the main commentator shouted "HANDBALL!" as if he was actually trying to claim it to the ref. Good grief.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #2643 on: May 12, 2013, 05:26:45 pm »
Honest question - Are the flares any danger to the surrounding people?

If no, then I really don't understand what the problem is. It's just awesome. Plus, the rest of Europe have them all the time.

well if u touch the fire you will get burned, obviously ..thats all.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2644 on: May 12, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »
I've been wondering this too. I was at a  league of Ireland game about 10 years ago and some lad let a flare off right where we were and people we getting sick and all. These are smoke bombs though but I presume the contents of the smoke bomb arnt good for you?

Do they hold them or just leave them on the ground? Would that not result in people getting sick and smoke going into your eyes and on your clothes?

When I have been to an away the bombs are thrown on the floor and anyone nearby covers their mouths with their scarfs/ coats etc, a few mins later the worst of it has gone.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #2645 on: May 12, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »
well if u touch the fire you will get burned, obviously ..thats all.

or if the fire touches you, I don't know if they are dangerous or not, I do know that we have fought an injustice against our fans for 24yrs. Do we really need smoke bombs, we have managed without them for long enough.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:38:10 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2646 on: May 12, 2013, 05:58:21 pm »
or if the fire touches you, I don't know if they are dangerous or not, I do know that we have fought an injustice against our fans for 24yrs. Do we really need smoke bombs, we have managed without them for long enough.
what does a couple of lads lighting smoke bombs have to do with fighting justice for the 96? fuck out of here.   

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2647 on: May 12, 2013, 06:02:01 pm »
what does a couple of lads lighting smoke bombs have to do with fighting justice for the 96? fuck out of here.   

Because it looks dangerous and we have been branded hooligans before when it wasn't true,
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2648 on: May 12, 2013, 06:05:25 pm »
looks dangerous? flares are only dangerous if you throw them, same goes with a knife or a brick.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: May 12, 2013, 06:07:49 pm »
How dare you, you cheeky c*nt. You can fuck right off.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: May 12, 2013, 06:09:11 pm »
looks dangerous? flares are only dangerous if you throw them, same goes with a knife or a brick.

Thanks, a much better answer than your first

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2651 on: May 12, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »
How dare you, you cheeky c*nt. You can fuck right off.
really? well i hope you know the lads that let the flares off at craven cottage then.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: May 12, 2013, 06:13:01 pm »
Love the flares. Our fans are truly the best in the league.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2653 on: May 12, 2013, 06:14:44 pm »
Thanks, a much better answer than your first
sorry not having a go but ive been using flares since i was a kid, fishing trips/camping etc. they are harmless so long as idiots don't throw them.

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2654 on: May 12, 2013, 06:18:41 pm »
Do one dickhead. You obviously don't know who you were telling to fuck off. And coming from Perth, I very much doubt you know anyone at the match let alone the lads that let the smoke bombs off. Don't bother answering. I won't respond. I have no time for knobheads that speak like you did to people, when you don't even know who they are.

Grow some respect, you Pratt.
haha buddy you have no idea. To put it in perspective, I would own decent property if i didn't spend my hard earned doing 20 hour round trip to england to watch liverpool play home and away.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: May 12, 2013, 06:21:16 pm »
sorry not having a go but ive been using flares since i was a kid, fishing trips/camping etc. they are harmless so long as idiots don't throw them.

OK mate no problem, just hope we can control the idiots

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: May 12, 2013, 06:23:21 pm »
haha buddy you have no idea. To put it in perspective, I would own decent property if i didn't spend my hard earned doing 20 hour round trip to england to watch liverpool play home and away.
Great, good for you. Now grow some respect and learn not to tell someone, "to fuck off out of here," especially when you don't even seem to know who you're telling to fuck off.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2657 on: May 12, 2013, 06:23:35 pm »
OK mate no problem, just hope we can control the idiots
the away fans self-police so I can't see it being an issue. Good pics from the match http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/1647-fulham-liverpool-12052013.html

Offline perth-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2658 on: May 12, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »
Great, good for you. Now grow some respect and learn not to tell someone, "to fuck off out of here," especially when you don't even seem to know who you're telling to fuck off.
im sorry is 2 or 3 lads lads letting off flares at an end of season fixture relatable to fighting for justice for the 96? If it is relatable please post your opinion on the matter if not go look on another thread for someone to bully.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: May 12, 2013, 06:32:57 pm »
im sorry is 2 or 3 lads lads letting off flares at an end of season fixture relatable to fighting for justice for the 96? If it is relatable please post your opinion on the matter if not go look on another thread for someone to bully.
HA! Tell you what, carry on, you big mad red, you. But when you're finished telling men who you don't even know, to fuck off out of here, and me to go to other threads, have a word with yourself, eh.

Now, I am off. Tatty bye.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2660 on: May 12, 2013, 06:35:38 pm »
Some bad fucking mings in here. Looked boss today.

Well in lads
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #2661 on: May 12, 2013, 06:41:27 pm »
Great atmosphere!
... "Why so serious"..?

In need of new songs :)

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #2662 on: May 12, 2013, 06:43:52 pm »
B.O.S.S.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: May 12, 2013, 06:57:09 pm »

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, it was my experience that Liverpool fans were called hooligans, when in actual fact they were heroes, it took a long time to change peoples minds that we are not hooligans. I see somebody has posted a picture of a smoke bomb in action, a referee could stop a game if that got much worse and then we all know what the headlines would be.

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #2664 on: May 12, 2013, 07:03:23 pm »
Smoke Bombs are boss
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #2665 on: May 12, 2013, 07:08:59 pm »
There was flares at the watford game when they scored the winner and the commentator never uttered a word.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: May 12, 2013, 07:16:21 pm »
Regarding the smoke bombs It's the same group of lads every week, was down at the front by them at Reading but near the back today.  It does create a good atmosphere but it is dangerous as they were all thrown onto the pitch from about 10-15 rows back so could quite easily hit somebody.  Amazed no one got kicked out today as it was very obvious who was doing it.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2667 on: May 12, 2013, 07:19:55 pm »
Great away day!

Great atmosphere towards the end and in the first half.

I had a flare/smoke bomb going off beside me at Villa Park, and apart from it stinking the place out, it was fine. I had kids infront of me today and they were loving the fireworks and flares/smokebombs.

Best away support in the country.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:23:32 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #2668 on: May 12, 2013, 07:20:19 pm »
People seem to be talking about flares and smoke bombs like they are the same thing when they are not!

I love them but it is beginning to look like a good fun thing that livens up a sterile stadium that is beginning to get a little out of hand. If the away support could somehow control the amount of smoke bombs that were released, great, most would turn a blind eye, but when they are starting to be released in larger quantities, or on trains, or in the bogs like at st James park, then the authorities will stop turning a blind eye and targeting the support on mass, stopping games or even punishing the club...

Like I said, I love em but...
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: May 12, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »
Out of interest have we used any actual flares this season?

The games i've been too and the ones i've seen on the tele they've been smoke bombs only, and a couple bangers. I haven't seen any actual flares.

Smoke bombs really aren't dangerous unless someone somehow chokes on a bit of smoke
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2670 on: May 12, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »
Regarding the smoke bombs It's the same group of lads every week, was down at the front by them at Reading but near the back today.  It does create a good atmosphere but it is dangerous as they were all thrown onto the pitch from about 10-15 rows back so could quite easily hit somebody.  Amazed no one got kicked out today as it was very obvious who was doing it.

Saw 3 people being marched out of the stadium to the left, two at HT and one just into the second half.

I think one was for racism... I heard someone shout something racist towards a steward midway inside the first half. At half time he was being marched out of the stadium...

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #2671 on: May 12, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »

The games i've been too and the ones i've seen on the tele they've been smoke bombs only, and a couple bangers. I haven't seen any actual flares.

Smoke bombs really aren't dangerous unless someone somehow chokes on a bit of smoke

there was one flare today ..or maybe more im not sure

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2672 on: May 12, 2013, 07:27:10 pm »
This  shitty racism need stamping out quickly.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2673 on: May 12, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »

There was a big one in the concourse at Reading at HT. Mental.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: May 12, 2013, 07:41:07 pm »

One today, One at old Trafford, One at reading
AMF

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: May 12, 2013, 07:41:27 pm »
This  shitty racism need stamping out quickly.

What Racism?
AMF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: May 12, 2013, 07:44:09 pm »
I do think less is more, and like them going off when we score. Not fussed on them going off at random times and outside of the stadium, although Reading was an exception.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: May 12, 2013, 07:45:22 pm »

@ManagersNotepad

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: May 12, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »
they look so much better than shitty purple foggy ones
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2679 on: May 12, 2013, 07:57:06 pm »
Smoke bombs are boss and I don't think they're dangerous. They make the away end more colourful and create a better atmosphere.

Pisses me off when people think smoke bombs are flares. Smoke bombs emit smoke, flares emit light. Really easy to tell the difference. I've only seen two flares all season but numerous smoke bombs.

The stewards were onto the lads letting them off at HT today. Saw a lot of people getting chucked out. It really isn't tricky to spot who's doing it, it's the same group of lads at every game. The stewards are only doing their job but it's annoying.

In general I thought the away end was decent today. Good atmosphere throughout, particularly after the 3rd goal.