Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1531418 times)

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Re: Our fantastic away support..
« Reply #2480 on: April 14, 2013, 09:42:50 pm »
Good for you.  A few years ago I, amongst the away support on which this thread focuses, as you so clearly point out,  ::)  certainly didn't get a kick out of watching many little girls, and little boys, and mums and dads doing the old throat cutting gestures, monkey noises and antics at our players, and the chants we all know so well, and which their website made sure the words were printed in case they hadn't kept themselves up to speed prior to our arrival.   If you don't understand the history ............   ::)

Yes of course they wouldn't. But I'll reiterate for the second and final time, this thread focuses on OUR away support and not the vile chants spouted by Millwall, United and their behaviour in games which doesn't associate with us. The antics from Millwall was for a thread either dedicated to Millwall or the FA Cup yesterday. I don't want to derail the thread any further by arguing over an issue which has no relevance from our support yesterday and the last few weeks.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #2481 on: April 14, 2013, 10:24:57 pm »
Yes of course they wouldn't. But I'll reiterate for the second and final time, this thread focuses on OUR away support and not the vile chants spouted by Millwall, United and their behaviour in games which doesn't associate with us. The antics from Millwall was for a thread either dedicated to Millwall or the FA Cup yesterday. I don't want to derail the thread any further by arguing over an issue which has no relevance from our support yesterday and the last few weeks.

Ooooooh.  Thank you sooooo much for putting me straight.  I thought the "vile chants" to which you refer did associate with OUR away support on account of it directly affecting us on account of our being there at the time.  I hadn't realised that this thread was only relevant  "from our support yesterday and the last few weeks".  I am deeply grateful for your instruction as to the conduct of and the timescale relating to this thread.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2482 on: April 14, 2013, 10:54:36 pm »

When did you become a mod? If you think something is inappropriate then use the report to mod button. We'll decide what is and isn't relevant.

Thanks 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Arthurs Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #2483 on: April 15, 2013, 12:11:29 am »
This thread focuses on our away support only so bringing Millwall fans antics into it was a bit odd.

Sorry I don't get a kick out of a little girl crying her eyes out watching fellow fans kick 7 bells out of each other.

Leave Maggie alone mate. She like the ma on her...never upset the mother.

As for our away support, got to be honest, for me it is probably the best thing about the club right now.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #2484 on: April 15, 2013, 12:12:14 am »
Keano7 has been dicking about at the front of the classroom before the lesson and the teacher has arrived. Suddenly the teacher walks in (Alan X) and catches Keano7 with his pants down waving his plank at all the girls. He subsequently  produces his cane and in one swift movement he  lashes each bare cheek of Keano7  and tells him " don't do it again, and go back to your seat" :)
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2485 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:03 am »

As for our away support, got to be honest, for me it is probably the best thing about the club right now.

I don't mean harm at all, just trying to get my point across.

Keano7 has been dicking about at the front of the classroom before the lesson and the teacher has arrived. Suddenly the teacher walks in (Alan X) and catches Keano7 with his pants down waving his plank at all the girls. He subsequently  produces his cane and in one swift movement he  lashes each bare cheek of Keano7  and tells him " don't do it again, and go back to your seat" :)

Haha! Understood Sir Alan X.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #2486 on: April 15, 2013, 09:33:21 am »

Wasn't able to go to the game on saturday, but from what i have seen on the tinternet and heard about from my mates that went the game, the congas and the HT Party in the Kiosks looked boss!!! I hope there is a similar one for the Chelsea game on Sunday!! plus the pyros looked great too!
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #2487 on: April 15, 2013, 04:58:57 pm »

Thank you for springing to my defence, my Knight in Shining Armour.  It is greatly appreciated, as is your delicacy in referring to me as "the ma" when "the nan" is clearly more appropriate.   ;D :-*

And yes, you are absolutely right about the away support.  It has always been special, and always been the source of mad adventures and cracking stories, some of which, on occasion I have been delighted to have been most delighted to have taken part.  But on reading how the home is (sadly we have not been able to make one since 2008 for reasons which some of us are well aware), aways are a huge factor in keeping the spirit of our club alive.  And that is not for one moment to denigrate the lads at home, and the banners they  make and the efforts they put in to getting songs going, but the corporate shitehawks have taken over our club at homes and would squeeze the enjoyment out of it, and the aways are a way of liberating ourselves from that.   
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #2488 on: April 15, 2013, 07:17:37 pm »
Our away fans should think again before lighting any more flares under the stands and dancing around it like red indians, like they did at Reading. How long before someone sets off a fire alarm and the stadium gets evacuated?
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #2489 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »
Thought I had videoed this as well but it never came out.

No Pyro No Party!!
Boss pic but you might wanna take this down, mate

maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can imagine the authorities looking for the lad with the flare via cctv if they come across it

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2490 on: April 15, 2013, 08:07:07 pm »
Our away fans should think again before lighting any more flares under the stands and dancing around it like red indians, like they did at Reading. How long before someone sets off a fire alarm and the stadium gets evacuated?

Flares are designed to be used in life rafts and stadium concourses are constructed from class 0 (non combustible materials) for obvious reasons. As its a monitored space there aren't any smoke detectors. The Reading stewards who were standing right next to it didn't seem to see a problem and there was no real risk of a complete evacuation.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2491 on: April 15, 2013, 08:53:14 pm »

There's always one.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #2492 on: April 15, 2013, 09:05:11 pm »

Bloody hell did we step into the Tardis and get out in the 50's?!

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2493 on: April 15, 2013, 09:50:40 pm »
There's always one.

Make that 2 !!!, to be fair I don't really mind the smoke bombs (although they do stink) but the bangers in the first half got really annoying.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2494 on: April 15, 2013, 10:33:05 pm »
Stumbled across this sight looking for them can anyone tell me if this sights ok ? http://www.ultrasshop.com/ Mods delete if you think it might get shut down or something if authorities comes looking on here like someone above has said

Thats the same site the ones who were letting them off ordered them from. I've ordered from there before completely legit.
AMF

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #2495 on: April 15, 2013, 10:38:22 pm »
Thats the same site the ones who were letting them off ordered them from. I've ordered from there before completely legit.
Cheers ive deleted my post mate just in case !!  :thumbup
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #2496 on: April 16, 2013, 12:14:24 pm »
Flares are designed to be used in life rafts and stadium concourses are constructed from class 0 (non combustible materials) for obvious reasons. As its a monitored space there aren't any smoke detectors. The Reading stewards who were standing right next to it didn't seem to see a problem and there was no real risk of a complete evacuation.

Phew, glad to see a full risk assessment was taken before the flares were used.  ;)

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #2497 on: April 16, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »
Phew, glad to see a full risk assessment was taken before the flares were used.  ;)

;D

Goodison won't pass its Risk Assessment next season then !  Shithole
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2498 on: April 16, 2013, 01:07:46 pm »
There's always one.

Don't think you can blame Liverpool fans - of all people - from at least thinking of safety issues.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2499 on: April 16, 2013, 03:08:58 pm »
Don't think you can blame Liverpool fans - of all people - from at least thinking of safety issues.

Yeah fair enough but he could of just said that instead of the whole 'red indians dancing around a flare' when they was there to have a good time and a laugh, just made it sound to me like he was against the whole thing. And if he was in attendance which im guessing he wasn't then he would of seen that the Reading stewards made no fuss at all with it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:10:59 pm by Luke17 »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2500 on: April 16, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »
I wonder if any of the smoke bombs and flares will lead to a reduction in allocations at any of the grounds next season?

Reading was great to be at.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2501 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06:30 pm »
I wonder if any of the smoke bombs and flares will lead to a reduction in allocations at any of the grounds next season?

Reading was great to be at.
I thought this at first after a few games we started doing it but after seeing other clubs also using them throughout the season would most away teams cut allocation.

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #2502 on: April 16, 2013, 08:59:40 pm »
Fucking hell £25 Courier service off that sight ha wait till pay day

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2503 on: April 17, 2013, 11:03:05 pm »
Fucking hell £25 Courier service off that sight ha wait till pay day

Pyro's £18, I've doing a dual order for next season with my mate to cut down the price
AMF

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2504 on: April 18, 2013, 10:21:04 am »

Out of interest, reckon the stewards at Anfield would allow Pyros on the kop?

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2505 on: April 18, 2013, 10:57:08 am »
Hahaha you've got to be kidding?! Poynton will have a fit!
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline JayEvans

• Anny Roader
  • ☆☆☆☆☆
    • Keir Evans Clothing
« Reply #2506 on: April 18, 2013, 11:08:20 am »

Has anyone even tried it? like seriously? could all wear Jamie Carragher masks get the Kop bouncing everyone moving about doing conga and then set a few off then seriously a hard job finding out who did it ;)
SOS #10117

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2507 on: April 18, 2013, 05:36:59 pm »
would be boss to see them on the kop  ;D.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2508 on: April 18, 2013, 10:18:39 pm »
Pyro on the Kop? Ha. Good luck getting away with it with all the grasses around
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2509 on: April 19, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »
Such loud support at the Youth Cup semi tonight.

:scarf

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #2510 on: April 19, 2013, 09:43:50 pm »
This is sadly true

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2511 on: April 19, 2013, 10:00:07 pm »
Yeah. Travelling mini Kop did well there.
We are a team of one half.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2512 on: April 25, 2013, 11:51:08 am »

Yeah thought that might be the case :/

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2513 on: April 25, 2013, 04:21:42 pm »
Anyone taking any Uruguay flags up on Saturday?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:04:44 pm by joel »
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Redman92

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2514 on: April 25, 2013, 04:33:22 pm »
Good shout Joel, i'll see if i can get hold a few n pass em about

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2515 on: April 25, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »
Anyone taking any Uruguay flags up on Saturday?

Good call, would be great to see our end full of them. Shame they have us so high up.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2516 on: April 25, 2013, 07:45:29 pm »
Hoping to hear massive support from our end for Luis on Saturday - make yourselves heard from up in the rooftop please! :wave
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #2517 on: April 25, 2013, 07:47:58 pm »
Sadly, I 100% guarantee you that the press will spin it to suggest we support biting if they see us all with Uruguay flags.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2518 on: April 25, 2013, 07:49:00 pm »
Sadly, I 100% guarantee you that the press will spin it to suggest we support biting if they see us all with Uruguay flags.

True, but - quite frankly - fuck 'em, it's more important to show Luis that we're behind him.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #2519 on: April 25, 2013, 07:54:48 pm »
True, but - quite frankly - fuck 'em, it's more important to show Luis that we're behind him.

Yep, agree fuck em.  We do need something we can all do at some point to show support though.  Wigan was good last time with the Suarez song for the first few mins.  Same again maybe?