Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3485983 times)

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
And.... its locked again.
I've just tried logging in and it won't let me, maybe an issue with the site
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
The problem with this guys tweets is that he is trying to simplify a complex issue by using black and white statements. The reason the UK may now have enough ICU beds is because they have increased their number massively, coupled with the public doing many things to slow the rate of infection. It started with the advice to wash hands - even this started making a difference weeks ago. It will kill under 20,000 because of the measures brought in - it would have been far higher without any measures or increasing the publics vigilance of the virus. The prediction of the peak in 2-3 weeks is the same as what has been predicted for the last couple of weeks. Same prediction that was made by the medical experts even in yesterday’s press briefing. The extent of infection in the public has always been an unknown and the number of asymptotic has always been an unknown. It’s disingenuous to suggest that with this number now expected to be far higher, that the measures were an over reaction. The number requiring critical care over the last couple weeks and in the coming two weeks is certainly not an over reaction - these numbers are real. And these numbers would have overwhelmed the NHS without any measures being taken. It’s encouraging to hear that the measures and NHS preparations might get us through this with the lower estimate of fatalities- it’s wrong for him to imply beneath the surface of these tweets that measures were an over reaction and we would have been fine anyway. It’s completely wrong.

Firstly in the last two weeks Whitty and Vallance were saying that the peak was 10-14 weeks away. Since then we have brought in measures to flatten the curve and push the peak further away. So unless the were wrong then why has the peak been brought forward.

Secondly please back up your assertion that the number of asymptomatic people is expected to be far higher. What evidence are you using.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
A rise in the number of domestic abuse incidents during the lockdown has already been observed, according to a Greater Manchester police leader.

Beverley Hughes, the deputy mayor for policing and crime, said there had been cases of abuse linked to the coronavirus outbreak and the force was anticipating more serious incidents.

This isn't a pleasant thing to hear.

I was just saying to my missus the other day that one of the few positives from the social distancing / lockdown measures is that the emergency services and police force's time isn't currently being taken up by anti-social behaviour by dickheads on nights out fighting outside pubs and chips shops and people overdoing it on drink and drugs needing ambulance services etc. Must come as a welcome reprieve in a way from dealing with that shite week in week out.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Haaaank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Hello All, long time lurker very infrequent poster. I am not sure if this is the right place for this question, if not I apologize in advance. A friend of mine is in a bit of a predicament and needs some advice. Him and his Partner are classed as key workers and they have 3 children, 2 are school age and the youngest is looked after by the grandmother whilst they are at work. The grandmother has has to self isolate for 3 months due to ongoing medical concerns and because of her age, so they are left without child care for the youngest child. My friends partner has informed her company that she will not be able to come into work because she has to stay home and look after her daughter (they took this decision because she earns the least out of the 2 of them) initially her company told her that she would be entitled to the 80% scheme form the government but have just phoned her today and told her that this is now not the case and she will be on stat sick pay. Is there anything that they can do or do they just have to accept this? Sorry for the long post, appreciate any advice someone may be able to offer. Thanks very much. Stay Safe  :)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
This isn't a pleasant thing to hear.

I was just saying to my missus the other day that one of the few positives from the social distancing / lockdown measures is that the emergency services and police force's time isn't currently being taken up by anti-social behaviour by dickheads on nights out fighting outside pubs and chips shops and people overdoing it on drink and drugs needing ambulance services etc. Must come as a welcome reprieve in a way from dealing with that shite week in week out.

Police officer was on radio earlier saying crime has gone down massively (apart from domestic issues).

Poor burglars eh, cant be out robbing, might catch the virus.

And those who rob footballers houses are especially screwed, all that research and now footballers stuck at home.. I expect Johnson and Sunak to help them out before the nasty self employed.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Hello All, long time lurker very infrequent poster. I am not sure if this is the right place for this question, if not I apologize in advance. A friend of mine is in a bit of a predicament and needs some advice. Him and his Partner are classed as key workers and they have 3 children, 2 are school age and the youngest is looked after by the grandmother whilst they are at work. The grandmother has has to self isolate for 3 months due to ongoing medical concerns and because of her age, so they are left without child care for the youngest child. My friends partner has informed her company that she will not be able to come into work because she has to stay home and look after her daughter (they took this decision because she earns the least out of the 2 of them) initially her company told her that she would be entitled to the 80% scheme form the government but have just phoned her today and told her that this is now not the case and she will be on stat sick pay. Is there anything that they can do or do they just have to accept this? Sorry for the long post, appreciate any advice someone may be able to offer. Thanks very much. Stay Safe  :)

Unfortunately it is up to the employer whether they furlough their workers or not. The 80% scheme was spun to sound far better than it was.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
Its a lie to say you need consent to say how many people have died, you need consent to release the name of the people.

Or no news station would be allowed to report on a news story and report people may have died in it.

I am working in an emergency planning team for the NHS and very closely with the communications team. I ask you please can you stop posting about how figures are being released and consent because you have no idea what you're talking about. It's not helpful and it's not a time for political point scoring.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Police officer was on radio earlier saying crime has gone down massively (apart from domestic issues).

Poor burglars eh, cant be out robbing, might catch the virus.

And those who rob footballers houses are especially screwed, all that research and now footballers stuck at home.. I expect Johnson and Sunak to help them out before the nasty self employed.

Brazil is the best example of this Bolsonaro is making light of this like his mate Trump. Social distancing and curfews have been brought in though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/brazil-rio-gangs-coronavirus

Drug traffickers in one of Rio de Janeiro’s best-known favelas have imposed a coronavirus curfew, amid growing fears over the impact the virus could have on some of Brazil’s poorest citizens.

In recent days, as Brazil’s coronavirus death toll has climbed to 46, gang members have been circulating in the Cidade de Deus (City of God) favela in western Rio ordering residents to remain indoors after 8pm.

Last weekend the low-income community – made famous by Fernando Meirelles’ 2002 blockbuster of the same name – became the first such area to record a case of coronavirus.

And in an apparent attempt to prevent further infections the Red Command gang leaders who control the favela have ordered residents to stay at home.

A video apparently recorded in the City of God circulated on social media this week showing a loudspeaker broadcasting the alert: “Anyone found messing or walking around outside will be punished.”

“The traffickers are doing this because the government is absent. The authorities are blind to us,” one resident told the Guardian.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
RE: Neil Ferguson

1/ This is a remarkable turn from Neil Ferguson, who led the @imperialcollege authors who warned of 500,000 UK deaths - and who has now himself tested positive for #COVID; https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

2/ He now says both that the U.K. should have enough ICU beds and that the coronavirus will probably kill under 20,000 people in the U.K. - more than 1/2 of whom would have died by the end of the year in any case bc they were so old and sick.

3/ Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased - which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize - which in turn implies it is less dangerous.

4/ Ferguson now predicts that the epidemic in the U.K. will peak and subside within “two to three weeks” - last week’s paper said 18+ months of quarantine would be necessary. http://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/196477/j-ideas-neil-ferguson-tells-mps-lockdown/

5/ One last point here: Ferguson gives the lockdown credit, which is *interesting* - the UK only began ita lockdown 2 days ago, and the theory is that lockdowns take 2 weeks or more to work.

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1243137256723972098

Wow, that is an about turn.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I have a friend who's looking after his mother who has quite advanced dementia. If she's not occupied she puts her coat on and wants to go shopping. Any ideas on how to keep her occupied and amused?
See if she can join in the Gareth Malone on-line choir thing? There are plenty of choirs for people with dementia because there are proven benefits. It's on youtube - the rehearsals are 5.30 each day, which may be a godsend or a pain as that coincides with sundowning (period when dementia is often at its worse).

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
The problem is there are other expenses for a business beyond paying staff wages. (rent, machine hire, previous loans, director wages, previous liabilities). The 80% government wage grant is enough for the employee to survive, but not for the business. Their help was meant to come from the coronavirus business interruption loan schemes, but the banks are requiring personal asset guarantees like homes and savings, so why should a business owner, who gets zero wages, no help from any government scheme (PAYE or self employed), risk their home to keep a business going just to pay their staff wages, better off to go bankrupt and ride the storm out and start again later.

Speaking as one of those people the answer is quite simple mate. Like a lot of people I give a fuck about people who have worked for me for years. And I’m not going to junk a business I’ve spent 17 years building up from scratch. We’re going to find a way to get through this and the government assistance is going to help with that.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I am working in an emergency planning team for the NHS and very closely with the communications team. I ask you please can you stop posting about how figures are being released and consent because you have no idea what you're talking about. It's not helpful and it's not a time for political point scoring.

I’m going to lock the thread for a bit and leave this here for a few to think about.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Please stop posting opinion as fact. Stop pushing your own personal agenda.

Read the title of the thread again please.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Twitter is saying 560,000 people have volunteered to help the NHS, wow!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Well said Dave!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

I think everyone in the UK still reveres the NHS whatever their political divide. This is something everybody can rally behind and do something to help.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
They are saying they will use past tax returns to work out how much to pay you if you were self-employed.

Like someone said that is really going to hit the people who have been fiddling their taxes.

But is that is true what about the self employed that truely doesnt hit a tax level

I started trading in January 2018. Filled in my tax return for 2018-19, only around £12k in profit. Haven't done 2019-20, but my figures are closer to £30k this time around.

I'm guessing I'll be judged on the £12k profit from last year, if that is the case? I thought it was supposed to be 'recent earnings', but then again how can they judge that?

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
113 new positive tests in Wales and 6 deaths

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I started trading in January 2018. Filled in my tax return for 2018-19, only around £12k in profit. Haven't done 2019-20, but my figures are closer to £30k this time around.

I'm guessing I'll be judged on the £12k profit from last year, if that is the case? I thought it was supposed to be 'recent earnings', but then again how can they judge that?

I have the same issue for my wife. She doesn`t have a clue what she earns now, but does know the gross figure for 18/19 (which isn`t much). Equally I am self employed and in fact my business made a loss in 18/19 and I don`t have a 'fixed' salary so draw earnings as and when. No idea how this minefield works with neither of us having claim benefits in our lives.

Ironically we may end up finding out that we have been entitled to all sorts of benefits in different tax years.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have a friend who's looking after his mother who has quite advanced dementia. If she's not occupied she puts her coat on and wants to go shopping. Any ideas on how to keep her occupied and amused?
how about arts and crafts, singing, quiz games maybe some light gardening with flower pots etc

the right activity will be the one she has chosen! give some options

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
how about arts and crafts, singing, quiz games maybe some light gardening with flower pots etc

the right activity will be the one she has chosen! give some options
With my Mum it was getting photo albums out.  She could remember people and places better than I did.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
I wanted to but I’ve got to care for my 82 year old dad whose got COPD. Feel very useless reading that article.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:45:02 pm by PeterJM »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

That is fantastic, there is goodness out there if we search for it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I wanted to but I’ve got to care for my 82 year old dad whose got COPD. Feel very useless reading that article.

You are not useless mate, you're doing a perfectly good thing by looking after your dad. That's all you can do, so don't beat yourself up about it.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed

Beautiful people.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan

Not interested in political point scoring but am interested in the facts about how figures can be reported if you are able to say so and have the time at any point.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The way that Trump is operating now - is he moving into territory of relatively severe charges later on ?

In terms of disregarding scientific evidence and putting his people wrongfully at risk. Fiddling the books/looking after yourself and your friends - and war with its inherit risk is one issue - but increasing casualties by stupidity/ignorance/arrogance/greed is just beyond belief..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
I've just tried logging in and it won't let me, maybe an issue with the site

Its a head fuck. Last night when I got to the post office site I was 33,000 something in the que. Today when I got through before it redirected back to the Gov site I was 5th. Seems people are getting sorted then.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
The point of the program is help people who need the help with people who have the spare time to help. You are and your father are already teamed-up. Yours is the ideal situation.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:01:00 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

What would he do without you ? Thats the total opposite of you being useless
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Beautiful people.

Not so bad yourself la.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
https://youtu.be/y6lhWKX_S0k

Pie having a meltdown whilst speaking the truth.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Speaking as one of those people the answer is quite simple mate. Like a lot of people I give a fuck about people who have worked for me for years. And I’m not going to junk a business I’ve spent 17 years building up from scratch. We’re going to find a way to get through this and the government assistance is going to help with that.

Excellent stance and good luck , lots of challenges ahead for the likes of you, you'll be doing a lot of hard work for no financial reward.
I still think more help could've been given across the board but we ll see, hopefully it works out for everyone.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Mate by caring for your Dad you are both looking after him and keeping someone else from needing to. You're doing something important
Jurgen YNWA

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Beautiful people.

Yep let's hope they are looked after properly in terms of PPE.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Skynews saying that the new measures may only help 1 in 3 self-employed.

I guess the next pressure will be to bring in a fixed living wage.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
My Nan who is 80 is not taking this seriously at all. She recently met a new man a few months ago who she obviously doesn't live with. We told her repeatedly she shouldn't really leave her flat at all now and we would bring shopping to her yet we found out this man she is seeing is still coming round to hers most days despite the clear guidance from the government. She doesn't seem to think anything is wrong with him coming round despite the fact he doesn't live with her.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mum's been out and done the garden today, she's come in and is complaining of a pain in her lung, only down one side. Told her to ring 111 and sit down and relax but she's a stubborn mum who simply doesn't listen.

She works for Merseyrail and they've got a sign in the window saying card payments only, however they've been told that if people pay by cash then they have to take it, they can't insist on card payments only, they've been told they have to be in work, they've been given no gloves, only hand sanitiser and they're dealing with the public daily.

My dad's on his way home from london because there's no work down there for him, he has a heart condition so if my mum does have it, it's going to be a very tense few weeks. Fingers crossed she hasn't.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
6 deaths Wales, 3 deaths Scotland, 3 deaths North ire. 

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Nan who is 80 is not taking this seriously at all. She recently met a new man a few months ago who she obviously doesn't live with. We told her repeatedly she shouldn't really leave her flat at all now and we would bring shopping to her yet we found out this man she is seeing is still coming round to hers most days despite the clear guidance from the government. She doesn't seem to think anything is wrong with him coming round despite the fact he doesn't live with her.
Hmmm..... is that prudence or worry talking [emoji16]

Seriously though she's obviously besotted with having someone to spend time with and probably has a head full of flutterbys instead of sense.

Don't be too hard on her mate despite the worry.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk