Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3499640 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
No we're not Andy, some are still on full pay, some are not.

Some have lost their business and all of their income.

Indeed.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim

On that subject, how are you doing, J? Was thinking about you and Adam the other day when I was reading about travel restrictions between SLO and Austria :(

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Yeah I know. But people seem to be forgetting the whole reason of this shitshow sometimes mate.

We're all in the same boat (If you're in a locked-down country) - so everyone is having to change their lifestyles drastically and some people are going to suffer more than any others.

I'm not fan of the Tories, but I'm not that sure what else they can do now (We all agree that they were too late with the Lockdown - that's water under the bridge and that their strategy initially - and maybe even now - is probably shite)

I still have no idea what their fucking plan is when they complete the phase 1 suppression.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
I know we all have our tales about how thick people can be, but for me, what took the cake, was a so called health expert or virologist, on the BBC earlier talking about cross contamination. This so called expert was asked a question about rubber gloves and if they were of any use. He then went on to answer how they were probably no good in a cross contamination scenario outside of any control points. No issues there. Agreed. He then went on to say you shouldn't be worried about your goods in supermarkets because all the staff there are wearing rubber gloves. This is the advice and information given to the public. It blows my fucking mind, this. Do staff have different gloves that are magic and immune to cross contamination? What am I missing here? What if a staff member has the virus, coughs on something, lifts it, then stocks it, and then proceeds to lift and stock everything else? No. It's OK. An expert has spoken. Our rubber gloves are shit, but super market staff's are safe and dandy.

In Spain they now make you sanitise your hands on the way in, and then they give you disposable plastic gloves to wear around the supermarket. I was quite impressed actually.

And fair fucks to the people who have to actually work there as well. I feel like I am in danger of contagion every time I pick up something there, and they are there 8 hours a day. Going from being a by-word for underpaid, undervalued and under respected, to being one of the few critical workers in the public eye. Still underpaid, probably still undervalued but maybe a bit more respected!

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
The big losers on this one appear to be.

Those who might actually need some cash in the next 3 and a bit months
Those who have been trading for less than a year
Those who have profits of £50,001 and over
Those who conduct business through a one-person limited company, as opposed to as a sole trader

I’m not sure I’d class those earning £50k +1 as losers in this. The tax payer doesn’t owe anyone what id say is a pretty comfortable living.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:09:42 pm by west_london_red »
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Sounds OK. It's not as extreme over here, but one can definitely notice that less people are out. That has some advantages, like you have described. I definitely don't mind taking the train when it's like this. Seats are grouped four by four. Normally at least three of those four seats are occupied. Now it's one and it's like ’what are you doing?’ if it goes up to two. Strange. Your situation is more extreme and if I were you I'd take pictures because I don't think this will happen again for a while. It will be something to remember.

Didn't expect 93% to be honest. Even if it's early on, I think that's very high. No concerns from yourselves?

Traffic is at Sunday levels, & definitely less people about on foot, quite weird the buses are quite reliable at the moment, as routes this time of day can be up to 15 late or later, passenger levels have dropped though, i only see one or 2 passengers on buses going past compared to normal.
#Sausages

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
this, al will no doubt disagree tho ;D

No I would agree completely with that, any publican who opens a pub at the moment should be prevented from running a pub in the future. I would also extend it to the people opening construction sites for none essential work. It should also encompass any other business taking the piss at the moment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
I still have no idea what their fucking plan is when they complete the phase 1 suppression.

You mean when the virus is ’under control’ and the lockdown disappears?
Isn't that when things are supposed to go back to normal? Or have they said they'd go back to a maximum of groups of 500?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Those who conduct business through a one-person limited company, as opposed to as a sole trader

The big losers are the people in zero-hour contracts and the people that work for agencies
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Because I've been seeing more and more of it from certain friends.

Angry about everything that's affecting them personally - like it's all about them - that there is no good reason for any of it.

Perhaps there isn't. Perhaps we're in lockdown for a lie. Maybe we have all been conned.

But I don't see that myself. I'm more upset about the tons of people that are going to lose loved ones or the lives or their friends or family.

This whole thing is a shitshow and it's going to affect everyone for decades to come.
Just because someone isn’t posting about such concerns doesn’t mean they aren’t still thinking about them internally. There isn’t some quota of compassionate posts we have to fill, people will deal with that side of things in whichever way they feel most comfortable.

On the contrary, to anyone reading, please don’t think you’re being selfish somehow by bringing your own issues in here. I’ve done it on occasion and hearing back from this community has really helped me, as I hope I’ve helped others.

I’ll leave it at that so as not to sidetrack this thread.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m not sure I’d class those earning £50k +1 as losers in this. The tax payer doesn’t owe anyone what id say is a pretty comfort living.

Well they are big losers compared to those earning £49,999!

Its all good economically if this goes on 3 months but the longer this goes on economically the more those people are going to start hurting, £50k is certainly good earnings but it doesn't exactly make you Scrooge McDuck if you are living in London either.

Not posting this from any selfish viewpoint as I am a PAYE employee anyway so it makes sod all difference to me!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Revolution of course.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
103 dead England I think just announced.  Well it announced 115 (I think), so minus the 12 re Scotland, Wales and NI.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Personally I thought it was pretty fucking obvious what I meant but maybe I had better word everything more carefully in future to avoid any opportunity for misunderstanding

Don’t be so flaky.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You mean when the virus is ’under control’ and the lockdown disappears?
Isn't that when things are supposed to go back to normal? Or have they said they'd go back to a maximum of groups of 500?

THe original Imperial model had us needing periodic shutdowns again to deal with future outbreaks as the virus will start to spread again once controls are relaxed significantly.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:13:53 pm by filopastry »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Sounds OK. It's not as extreme over here, but one can definitely notice that less people are out. That has some advantages, like you have described. I definitely don't mind taking the train when it's like this. Seats are grouped four by four. Normally at least three of those four seats are occupied. Now it's one and it's like ’what are you doing?’ if it goes up to two. Strange. Your situation is more extreme and if I were you I'd take pictures because I don't think this will happen again for a while. It will be something to remember.

Didn't expect 93% to be honest. Even if it's early on, I think that's very high. No concerns from yourselves?

Yeah, some concerns, especially as they introduce more legislation with little scrutiny and there'll be some real tough questions to answer to move out of this thing we have now. Not seeing alternatives at the moment though so it'll be some time before the discussion on when to roll back emergency powers and under what circumstances they can be used again.

edit: This road is normally end to end cars this time of day.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:18:39 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On that subject, how are you doing, J? Was thinking about you and Adam the other day when I was reading about travel restrictions between SLO and Austria :(
See the last part of my post Jim... Until the schools open there is no income. Zero

At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Traffic is at Sunday levels, & definitely less people about on foot, quite weird the buses are quite reliable at the moment, as routes this time of day can be up to 15 late or later, passenger levels have dropped though, i only see one or 2 passengers on buses going past compared to normal.

Must be surreal.
Over here they took a different decision. They decided not to let buses travel with the same frequency. Result? The buses that actually were going were packed with people... We have really called in the brain trust to plan things.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
I hate that the News channels are saying that no other country has helped the self-employed like the UK.

When countries like Ireland have brought in a basic wage for the sick and the unemployed of £320 a week while the UK is asking the self employed to sign on for £94 a week for at least 3 months.

I know your not one of these people Trada because of your politics, but how many self employed (or even employed) were complaining about people living on £94 a week last month? I don’t recall many.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
103 dead England I think just announced.  Well it announced 115 (I think), so minus the 12 re Scotland, Wales and NI.

I presume this one actually covers a full 24 hour period unlike yesterday, not great, but unfortunately lockdown will take a fair while to impact this

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Liam Young
‏Verified account @liamyoung
1m1 minute ago

Department of Health figures show that, sadly, a further 115 people have died in the UK owing to #covid19.

A further 2,119 have tested positive for the virus.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Hopefully things will return to normal once this is all over.

Once over, I hope for everyone's sake that people still need the stuff they needed before, that a viable business before will be a viable business after and that people can get re-employed when they've been binned.

The longer this goes on, the more chance that currently employed people may not be.

It all comes down to 'is it worth it'

For the sake of saving maybe 500,000+ British Lives (Far more than that if the NHS did completely collapse as existing non COVID-19 conditions would prove fatal in many instances)

Is it worth it?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Liam Young
‏Verified account @liamyoung
1m1 minute ago

Department of Health figures show that, sadly, a further 115 people have died in the UK owing to #covid19.

A further 2,119 have tested positive for the virus.

Is that technically the last 28 hours or whatever the difference was in yesterday’s reported figures?

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The big losers are the people in zero-hour contracts and the people that work for agencies

How is that being handled, or just being ignored?

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is that technically the last 28 hours or whatever the difference was in yesterday’s reported figures?

It should be 24 I would think as yesterday was on the new time and today should be the same I would think.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, some concerns, especially as they introduce more legislation with little scrutiny and there'll be some real tough questions to answer to move out of this thing we have now. Not seeing alternatives at the moment though so it'll be some time before the discussion on when to roll back emergency powers and under what circumstances they can be used again.

I find it quite scary when I watch what’s going on. I mean the scenes in hospitals are scary and we have all seen them. But it's also scary watching empty streets with police and military patrolling, knowing that lots of people will end up in real problems with their economy and they can't get out or they'll be fined. I never thought I'd witness such things in the West.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I know your not one of these people Trada because of your politics, but how many self employed (or even employed) were complaining about people living on £94 a week last month? I don’t recall many.

Exactly but it is the way people have been encouraged to act since Thatcher. Think of only yourself. If it wasn't so you wouldn't have campsites of young vulnerable kids in cities such as Manchester. A city in which office blocks and apartments are springing up everywhere yet there are tented villages full of kids.

Hopefully when this finishes we can create a fairer society.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
A lot of people lost to us.  It will get worse still by far...

Very sad all ways
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
So if you earn £50k or under you can claim and carry on working as well?

But if you made a loss you get nothing?

Is that right?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Remember it was £74 a week until last week.

Ive been living on £64 a week since I signed on they take money from me and I cant find out why its something to do with Tracy from 7 years ago God knows what she never said anything to me and she was working full time not claiming.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:21:12 pm by Trada »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And another

Those who have been fiddling their accounts to avoid having to pay Child Maintenance of more than £7 a week. No sympathy for those scumbags mind you.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I presume this one actually covers a full 24 hour period unlike yesterday, not great, but unfortunately lockdown will take a fair while to impact this

Yeah it’s no surprise IMO.  Current control measures will impact eventually, but not for some time obviously.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Hopefully things will return to normal once this is all over.

Once over, I hope for everyone's sake that people still need the stuff they needed before, that a viable business before will be a viable business after and that people can get re-employed when they've been binned.

The longer this goes on, the more chance that currently employed people may not be.

It all comes down to 'is it worth it'

For the sake of saving maybe 500,000+ British Lives (Far more than that if the NHS did completely collapse as existing non COVID-19 conditions would prove fatal in many instances)

Is it worth it?

You sound like Trump.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/status/1243183907907883009?s=21

One for debs
As I've said a few times mate why do they need their hair, nails etc doing?  They cant go anywhere, they're not working or socialising and they should be wearing gloves and keeping their mouths covered if they have to go anywhere.

Personally I couldn't give a fuck how distraught or desperate they are I'm not, and nobody should be, putting their lives at risk because of vanity.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
You sound like Trump.

In what way?

You'll have to explain that one.

I'm guessing you don't give a shiny shite about saving 500,000 British lives then? Because I do.

You sound far more like Trump than I ever could.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan

The 50k profit ? Is that over three years
your culmaltive self employed profit.?
No time for caution.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
THe original Imperial model had us needing periodic shutdowns again to deal with future outbreaks as the virus will start to spread again once controls are relaxed significantly.

Yes. I get why the phase two is difficult to spot. How long does the lockdown continue? How do you ease it without getting into the problems you thought you'd solve? Difficult choices.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
Christ this has really come at a bad time for me.    I need someone to talk to and quick!

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A lot of people lost to us.  It will get worse still by far...

Very sad all ways

It's going to get a lot worse in the next couple of weeks, I think a lot of the general public seem to be in denial about that, as if somehow what has happened in other countries could never possibly happen here.

The US had that attitude even worse on some calls I had at work a few weeks back, we are all getting rude awakenings now.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
Remember it was £74 a week until last week.

Ive been living on £64 a week since I signed on they take money from me and I cant find out why its something to do with Tracy from 7 years ago God knows what she never said anything to me and she was working full time not claiming.

Thats disgusting. Seeing all this dosh floating about now and they were taking a tenner a week off you with only that income. One can only home the general public can show some solidarity once this is all over and make sure that shit doesnt carry. I wont hold my breath though.