Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption - Rockstar Games  (Read 321987 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Red Dead Redemption - Rockstar Games
« Reply #3800 on: July 11, 2020, 06:34:13 pm »
I'm still on C2 and the next mission I have is to
Spoiler
bust Micha out of prison
[close]

but I can't be arsed with him at all so I've just been hunting to upgrade my satchels.

I recommend doing that mission at least, because
Spoiler
Micah rewards you with a second holster, allowing you to dual-wield pistols. I have two Volcanic pistols!
[close]

The Legendary satchel is a bitch, can happily give tips, but jeez, it's hard...

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3801 on: July 11, 2020, 10:39:03 pm »
I recommend doing that mission at least, because
Spoiler
Micah rewards you with a second holster, allowing you to dual-wield pistols. I have two Volcanic pistols!
[close]

The Legendary satchel is a bitch, can happily give tips, but jeez, it's hard...

Thanks for the tip, I did the mission, although seriously...
Spoiler
fuck Micha
[close]

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3802 on: July 12, 2020, 03:07:11 pm »
But you finished TLOU2 in 1 day?
I finished it in 2 days actually to trade it in plus 50% of the game is cutscenes much easier to consume then RDR2 which is essentially the Sims 4 western cowboy DLC. A near 100-hour game where only 10% of it is actually interesting the other 90% is waiting for something to actually happen.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3803 on: July 12, 2020, 09:24:31 pm »
I finished it in 2 days actually to trade it in plus 50% of the game is cutscenes much easier to consume then RDR2 which is essentially the Sims 4 western cowboy DLC. A near 100-hour game where only 10% of it is actually interesting the other 90% is waiting for something to actually happen.

you seem like you're blaming the game for you not having imagination

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3804 on: July 12, 2020, 09:30:20 pm »
you seem like you're blaming the game for you not having imagination

Pretty much if he's just waiting around for 90% of the time,I'd think it was shit if that's all I did as well.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3805 on: July 12, 2020, 10:05:59 pm »
Who was that other guy who just kept posting about how much he hated the game? ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3806 on: July 12, 2020, 10:16:14 pm »
Who was that other guy who just kept posting about how much he hated the game? ;D

Can't remember but who in their right mind takes that horse back to the fella,you keep it and then you can travel with two horses and kill twice the game for the pot.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3807 on: July 12, 2020, 10:55:44 pm »

Think it was a fella called Horizon. So we’ve had a guy called Horizon hating it and then nothing from him since and now another guy named Dynasty who seems to have the worst takes on games by the look of it.  ::)

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #3808 on: July 12, 2020, 11:31:35 pm »
The game is boring as fuck you need to have real patience to enjoy it. I think it's the perfect game for people who don't have much going on in life and can put the time and effort in. My attention span is very limited, so I prefer fun gaming that captures your focus right away.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3809 on: July 12, 2020, 11:34:27 pm »
Imagine saying the game is boring and empty when I've posted the strategy guide  ;D

Everyone else, do have a rummage, it's boss. So much to find.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3810 on: July 13, 2020, 04:41:43 am »
Think it was a fella called Horizon. So we’ve had a guy called Horizon hating it and then nothing from him since and now another guy named Dynasty who seems to have the worst takes on games by the look of it.  ::)

Yep, he started boasting about getting it on the gamepass, ignoring the fact you have to have the hardware first or something.
#Sausages

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #3811 on: July 13, 2020, 12:54:36 pm »
I'm about 15% through the story and to say I'm underwhelmed so far would be an understatement. The missions aren't very interesting and travelling between places is so boring and monotonous after about 30 seconds. I can see why other people would enjoy it because it looks great and if you like storylines that are extremely slow burners it's probably right up your street. I shall probably continue playing through because I don't like quitting halfway, but it's a once only thing and then I'll flog it to Cex or something.

I bought it around release and for various reasons was only on about 15% and whilst recognising it was good and hadn’t got fully into it. After friends kept saying to persist I did over lockdown and have just completed it. It’s a masterpiece in my book. Yes it’s fairly repetitive in points and it isn’t always challenging but the story is great and the sheer size - and density - of the map is incredible. Stick with it. There’s so much you can do and so many treats to discover.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3812 on: July 13, 2020, 04:31:02 pm »
Yeah, like was said above, the first half of the game is virtually a tutorial, easy missions that are a bit dull, showing you how to do things.

I think the density of the world leads itself to exploration though and to be honest I don't think Rockstar's mission design is terribly modern - I like stuff happening in the world, yknow? Whereas they like directing their cutscenes and setting your loadout and such.

But you do get carried away. I've spoken to loads of people, be it mates or online, who just have zero patience - like one started killing horses because he kept running into trees on his horse! I asked if he bonded with his horse and he was all "what??"  ;D (if you don't want to crash into trees btw just let go of the stick!! the horse isn't a car, it won't deliberately run into trees or off cliffs!)

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #3813 on: July 13, 2020, 04:37:42 pm »
Is Online worth investing time in?

I’ve completed my second play through and pretty much exhausted everything from the main game so was thinking of starting an online game

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: July 13, 2020, 05:23:53 pm »
I'd say no, but I hate online generally. It seems grindy and still a bit empty. And as ever I just got the hump with being sniped at random!

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3815 on: July 14, 2020, 02:26:03 am »
Is Online worth investing time in?

I’ve completed my second play through and pretty much exhausted everything from the main game so was thinking of starting an online game

Online is an absolute clusteruck and populated largely by utter twats, as alluded to by Tone La. And I say that as a huge fan of the single player game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:27:34 am by Darren G »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3816 on: July 14, 2020, 06:35:53 pm »
I've never played RDRII online version, but played the GTA V online version once didn't like it, so wen't back to the story mode, i'm sick to death getting event notifications for RDRII & GTA V on the PS4 which i'm not interested in & you can't turn off :no always something like "there's a new event in [insert game] you may be interested in" no i'm not interested in the event stop bloomin spamming me with unwanted new event notifications. :no

#Sausages

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3817 on: July 14, 2020, 07:51:43 pm »
I’m sure online has improved a bit on RDR2, but I played it for a couple of days at the start and it was pretty crap. Quite fun for about an hour shooting people randomly and then having a ten minute game of hide and seek, and shooting the same person a few times as they come for you.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3818 on: July 14, 2020, 08:17:14 pm »
They made online a bit better, they added some things to do like bounty hunter missions and the like but I haven't played it in at least six months.

I did notice the random killing you twats had moved on from the early days of it but I'm sure there are one or two on there still.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3819 on: July 15, 2020, 12:10:26 am »
The game is boring as fuck you need to have real patience to enjoy it. I think it's the perfect game for people who don't have much going on in life and can put the time and effort in. My attention span is very limited, so I prefer fun gaming that captures your focus right away.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but no need to be rude to people who have patience and enjoy the game.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3820 on: July 15, 2020, 08:30:15 am »
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but no need to be rude to people who have patience and enjoy the game.

Patience is a virtue, as my Gran always said to me...

I’ve not started this yet but a slower pace, or at least the chance to take a breath occasionally, appeals to me. Maybe I’m getting old but the games that just throw stuff at you constantly like a Michael Bay film are less appealing to me these days.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3821 on: July 15, 2020, 10:57:39 am »
I find chapter 3 quite funny in camp
Spoiler
as everyone in camp antagonizes Arthur, for being made temporary deputy sheriff[thanks to Dutch], but, they get all offended when Arthur antagonizes them back.

I refuse to even speak to Micha now[unless it's a mission & you have to], i won't even plat five finger fillet when he's waiting at the table for a game
[close]
#Sausages

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3822 on: July 17, 2020, 06:58:05 pm »
Just done the 'Lenny'!?!? mission.

Hilarious!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3823 on: July 20, 2020, 10:08:04 am »
Just done the 'Lenny'!?!? mission.

Hilarious!

Yeah that's brilliant, had me laughing out loud

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3824 on: July 20, 2020, 04:39:45 pm »
Biggest annoyance is the boat you have will only go so far before sinking, & that's even where it's ok to go, such as staying near, to the shore on the Lemoyne side of Flat Iron Lake & Lannahechee River, the boat sank near the home where you do the money lending mission in chapter 4, you defo don't want the boat sinking on the Kamassa River, South of Bluewater Marshes.
#Sausages

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: July 20, 2020, 05:49:47 pm »
So I got so far in this before getting a bit stuck and then Fallout 76 came out so moved to that.

I was on Chapter 2 and couldn't get any further as I am wanted dead or alive in Blackwater and the only mission available which I think I need to do to progress to chapter 3 is in Blackwater and it won't let me do it due to my crimes in Blackwater.... not sure if I just need to find more stuff to do elsewhere first or what.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3826 on: July 20, 2020, 05:52:44 pm »
So I got so far in this before getting a bit stuck and then Fallout 76 came out so moved to that.

I was on Chapter 2 and couldn't get any further as I am wanted dead or alive in Blackwater and the only mission available which I think I need to do to progress to chapter 3 is in Blackwater and it won't let me do it due to my crimes in Blackwater.... not sure if I just need to find more stuff to do elsewhere first or what.

go low across the river, you're wanted in blackwater no matter what, if it won't let you proceed without getting in trouble you may be taking the wrong route

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: July 20, 2020, 05:53:41 pm »
go low across the river, you're wanted in blackwater no matter what, if it won't let you proceed without getting in trouble you may be taking the wrong route

I sneaked up, not from the river but no one knew I was there but it literally said I couldn't do the mission.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3828 on: July 20, 2020, 06:07:05 pm »
 I've found it easier going directly south across the fields from Riggs Station, then look for a crevice which will take you down to the river[near where Hawks Eye Creek empties into the Upper Montana River], cross the river then look for a crevice on the other side that'll take you up, then cross the fields direct, to where Charles & Javier are to start the mission.

I'm not sure why you cant do the mission, but i do it as soon as it becomes available, i tend to leave Micha rotting in the Strawberry jail cell a bit longer. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3829 on: July 20, 2020, 06:14:45 pm »
Maybe as well as the default being wanted, I might have caused a glitch by riding through Blackwater and getting in a gunfight with the whole town (and dying) before going back to do the mission.  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3830 on: July 21, 2020, 10:22:42 am »
Try crossing & sneak up from the Upper Montana River[that always works for me], watch out for the random events on your way to start the mission too, there can be a couple of random events that spawn up around the Riggs Station area that if you don't do the random mission it might not be cleared by the time you reach Javier's location
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3831 on: July 21, 2020, 12:28:32 pm »
I'm not playing any of the missions at the mo, just getting Arthur drunk, & going around camp greet & antagonize everyone[but not using antagonize too much] Arthur is even more hilarious when he's drunk & you use the greet & antagonize wisely.. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3832 on: July 21, 2020, 12:35:46 pm »
Try crossing & sneak up from the Upper Montana River[that always works for me], watch out for the random events on your way to start the mission too, there can be a couple of random events that spawn up around the Riggs Station area that if you don't do the random mission it might not be cleared by the time you reach Javier's location

Cheers, I was getting a bit fed up with it but will give it another shot, especially given all the comments in here saying the missions get much better after Chapter 2.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3833 on: July 21, 2020, 01:23:20 pm »
I'm not playing any of the missions at the mo, just getting Arthur drunk, & going around camp greet & antagonize everyone[but not using antagonize too much] Arthur is even more hilarious when he's drunk & you use the greet & antagonize wisely.. ;D
The best is when you greet twice then antagonise.

"That's some animal you've got there"
"Thanks"
"I was talking to the horse"
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3834 on: July 21, 2020, 02:06:18 pm »
The best is when you greet twice then antagonise.

"That's some animal you've got there"
"Thanks"
"I was talking to the horse"

Yep, even in camp greet twice then antagonize, you often get corkers, especially when Arthur is drunk & replying to Susan, ;D don't antagonize too often in camp as you end up getting a fist in the face, but it's also funny when you up Uncle, Bill & Sean.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3835 on: July 21, 2020, 02:16:33 pm »
Cheers, I was getting a bit fed up with it but will give it another shot, especially given all the comments in here saying the missions get much better after Chapter 2.

Try & cross the Upper Montana River over the mud banks near the Upper Montana estuary, you'll find a crevice near the crossing on the side that you can go up & it's a short canter to the start of the The First Shall Be Last mission
#Sausages

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: July 22, 2020, 07:31:02 pm »
Try & cross the Upper Montana River over the mud banks near the Upper Montana estuary, you'll find a crevice near the crossing on the side that you can go up & it's a short canter to the start of the The First Shall Be Last mission

Cheers, worked this time!  :thumbup :scarf

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3837 on: July 23, 2020, 07:12:16 pm »
Cheers, worked this time!  :thumbup :scarf

No problem, everyone makes the same mistake the first time they play it & try to get to the start of that mission, in following the waypoint which leads you into Blackwater, & is a no go area until the epilogue but it's easy to sneak around when you get to know the area, it's the only mission until the epilogues where you can sneak cross the Upper Montana without getting a wanted level as soon as you cross & are spotted by the law & bounty hunters, as i tried getting there after that mission & got spotted, shot at & chased by the pinkertons as soon as i reached the upper level
#Sausages

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3838 on: August 26, 2020, 12:08:07 pm »
Seriously, wow.

Spoiler
I've just had Arthur's 'Last Ride'. That ripped my heart out. What an incredible, incredible game.
[close]
"Salahs in here......"

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #3839 on: August 26, 2020, 03:02:43 pm »
Yeah, great part of the game.