Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption - Rockstar Games  (Read 324656 times)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Re: Red Dead Redemption - Rockstar Games
« Reply #3720 on: May 21, 2020, 01:51:15 pm »
There's a lot more where that came from!  :)

Lovely!  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3721 on: May 21, 2020, 06:57:12 pm »
Lovely!  ;D

I'm dying to spoil stuff but I'm not... but I will say, travel by night and you see things more often than the day!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3722 on: May 22, 2020, 12:15:06 am »
I've got this downloaded and ready to go but I'm currently on with Odyssey. I find it hard to play two games at once that are quite similar in style.

Point is... Im fucking excited!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3723 on: May 22, 2020, 04:48:03 am »
I'm dying to spoil stuff but I'm not... but I will say, travel by night and you see things more often than the day!

Thanks mate, I appreciate your restraint.  ;D

I tend to explore the hell out of the worlds in open world games (I know Velen, Toussaint and the rest embarrassingly well) so dare say that I'll do many hours of travelling at night.  Even more so as I've installed a mod that changes the timescale significantly, making the passage of time slower and closer to real life.

I've got this downloaded and ready to go but I'm currently on with Odyssey. I find it hard to play two games at once that are quite similar in style.

Point is... Im fucking excited!

It's always difficult to predict others reactions to games, but...yeah mate, you're probably right to be. 

Funnily enough, I actually wasn't that excited to play it (RDR2) as I felt that I was a bit burned-out on the whole open world thing, having recently gone through another play-through of TW3 followed by Odyssey and then Ghost Recon.  It's a bit special though is RDR2.  With the exception of TW3 I've never felt as connected to and immersed in an open world game as this. 

Odyssey was quite fun and the world very beautiful at times. In the 20 or so hours I've spend so far with this game though, I've spent more time with a stupid grin on my face from an appreciation of the amazing world (graphically and otherwise) and sheer 'gaming joy' at what Rockstar has created than I did in the entire 150 hours or so that I spent with Odyssey.  And that's not to knock Odyssey as it's a pretty good game. As an overall experience though, this is simply on a different level in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:54:11 am by Darren G »

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3724 on: May 22, 2020, 07:15:00 am »
Odyssey was quite fun and the world very beautiful at times. In the 20 or so hours I've spend so far with this game though, I've spent more time with a stupid grin on my face from an appreciation of the amazing world (graphically and otherwise) and sheer 'gaming joy' at what Rockstar has created than I did in the entire 150 hours or so that I spent with Odyssey.  And that's not to knock Odyssey as it's a pretty good game. As an overall experience though, this is simply on a different level in my opinion.

Having 100 percented RDR2 and having ploughed 100 hours into Odyssey I couldn't agree more.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3725 on: May 22, 2020, 11:50:59 am »
One thing i found amusing is RDRII starts in the snow, as does GTA V. ;D
#Sausages

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #3726 on: May 22, 2020, 07:46:16 pm »
Finished the story the other day. Been thinking about it a lot since. I ended up really emotional playing the last few missions
Spoiler
with Arthur, not the epilogue, that's my next task.
[close]

Wish I could play it again soon but not sure I can invest properly just yet.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3727 on: May 22, 2020, 08:39:30 pm »
If there is a downside to the game for me it's the actual missions. For me the world and randomness of it, the life that exists in it and sheer scale are the thing to enjoy. The actual mission variety and general combat is pretty meh.

Spoiler
though the story was good and the ending sad it's all for nothing in the end. I get the story, but Arthur is a character you get attached to, his road to redemption is ended at the begining of the game more or less, we never play as this ruthless outlaw, apart from where we have no choice but to beat a man or kill. If we play the game morally good is it just what happened to him?
[close]

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3728 on: May 24, 2020, 04:44:50 pm »
Finished the story the other day. Been thinking about it a lot since. I ended up really emotional playing the last few missions
Spoiler
with Arthur, not the epilogue, that's my next task.
[close]

Wish I could play it again soon but not sure I can invest properly just yet.

Chapter 6 especially the last few missions is very bleak & heartbreaking with the gang finished, the gang are finished after the Saint Denis bank heist in chapter 4, chapters 2 & 3 are the best chapters.

It's a shame Rockstar didn't start RDRII with the Blackwater heist even if it's a cut scene rather than arriving at the first camp
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3729 on: May 25, 2020, 06:01:47 pm »
Playing it from the beginning again, fast travel is available from chapter 2, you have to upgrade the camp, think it's after the 3rd camp upgrade it becomes available.
#Sausages

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3730 on: May 25, 2020, 08:23:04 pm »
Playing it from the beginning again, fast travel is available from chapter 2, you have to upgrade the camp, think it's after the 3rd camp upgrade it becomes available.

Yeah, if you go in the journal you can flip through camp upgrades to buy and it's Arthur's Map or something, that goes on the side of his wagon

What I find funny is on PC I have a trainer with a teleport function in. When you fast travel normally, it has a scene of Arthur travelling, quite annoyingly long, it takes a minute or two before you're where you fast travelled to.

Using a trainer it just pops you wherever immediately and there's like 3 seconds of pop-in as things appear

So not sure why the fast travel option has that lengthy cutscene when it isn't due to loading issues...!

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3731 on: May 25, 2020, 08:47:33 pm »
Just watching some RDRII videos Arthurs wind ups are hilarious, best ones when he winds up other gang members ;D

Arthur to Pearson "i better drink up before you finish all the booze again"
Pearson "very funny"
Arthur "It's all right if i was you, i'd drink all the time too."
 ;D
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3732 on: May 27, 2020, 10:28:31 am »
One thing that does annoy me same thing with GTA V, is the random events always happening when you're way to start a mission. :no
#Sausages

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: May 30, 2020, 02:14:21 pm »
Well this is just fucking great!!:  around 40 hours in, recently finished Preaching Forgiveness as He went and now can't start Sodom? Back to Gomorrah because all of my fucking map markers have disappeared and there is no sign of Bill and Karen in the back of a wagon in camp.  Apparently this shit has been happening since release, some seven or so months ago so now I'm going to have to start all over again it seems. Fuck you Rockstar!  Their shit gets pirated whenever possible from now on.  /RANT

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3734 on: June 5, 2020, 09:55:57 pm »
I've not finished the story mode once, i've gone to chapter 6 a couple of times then started again, but not finished the epilogues, chapter 6 is very bleak & heartbreaking, i'm playing missions but not starting Blessed Are The Peacemakers, as the end of that spawn Short Walk In A Quiet Town.. Arthurs greet & antagonise are funny as fuck.

Arthur when drunk,Looking particularly lovely today.
Susan, How many have you had to drink, Arthur?
Arthur , Too many if you're looking lovely, that's for sure. ;D

Another one

Arthur:  Dutch! 
Dutch: Hello, Arthur. 
Arthur:  We are back on top. 
Dutch:  Are you drunk?
Arthur:  Back on top of a pile of dead bodies and lost money. ;D

Arthur to Micah, You're a gods gift to nobody. ;D

Arthur to Sean, you're shiftier than a shithouse rat. ;D that should have been to Micah. ;D

#Sausages

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3735 on: June 7, 2020, 02:02:17 pm »
Had to sort some PC issues, hard drive died and all that so reinstalled this

All my saves gone. Don't care much as I completed it on PS4 and I know nearly everything about it.

But replaying the opening chapters is cool. I love Horseshoe Overlook, so peaceful and nice. It looks stunning on a powerful PC, got most of the options on high, a few on Ultra like texture quality. What cripples this is too much antialiasing, don't have all three kinds switched on!

I'd forgotten just how spellbinding the world is. The tracks you make through snow. The fact you can turn off the HUD and follow road signs everywhere.

And the cinematic mode when you're on a path you've set. You can sit back and have a drink or a smoke or whatever. It's gorgeous.

Aye, back to my Red Dead obsession. Cat and mouse with bounty hunters is loads of fun!

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3736 on: June 7, 2020, 10:43:29 pm »
That homeless vet in Valentine does my head in, especially as it turns out he's not a veteran, so i ended up shooting him dead, but still ended spawning back up.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3737 on: June 9, 2020, 08:51:58 pm »
Go & hunt for a deer, then take it back to camp when you shoot one, don't donate it to camp straight away but carry it around the camp then donate it to camp instead, you'll get positive comments from everyone you pass & make comments to.
#Sausages

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3738 on: June 9, 2020, 11:08:53 pm »
Had to sort some PC issues, hard drive died and all that so reinstalled this

All my saves gone. Don't care much as I completed it on PS4 and I know nearly everything about it.

But replaying the opening chapters is cool. I love Horseshoe Overlook, so peaceful and nice. It looks stunning on a powerful PC, got most of the options on high, a few on Ultra like texture quality. What cripples this is too much antialiasing, don't have all three kinds switched on!

I'd forgotten just how spellbinding the world is. The tracks you make through snow. The fact you can turn off the HUD and follow road signs everywhere.

And the cinematic mode when you're on a path you've set. You can sit back and have a drink or a smoke or whatever. It's gorgeous.

Aye, back to my Red Dead obsession. Cat and mouse with bounty hunters is loads of fun!

Yeah, it's a bloody beautiful game alright. I've just finished the epilogue. Quite a journey. My biggest criticism of it is that on PC it's a buggy mess. Lost count of the crashes and pissing about that I've had to do to stop stuttering, frame hitching and the like. Rockstar have really dropped in my estimation over the past few years. They make fundamentally great games but far too often they're a texhnical mess on pc and instead of fixing the issues they spend all of their time making more online stuff and there's a lot of frustration and anger amongst pc gamers over Red Dead in particular.   

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #3739 on: June 10, 2020, 07:05:21 am »
Played a bit more last night on my 2nd play through and I had a really annoying thing happen to me,

I was doing a side mission and driving a train, I got to my destination on the opposite side of the map to where I started. Mission complete so I whistle for my horse. Nothing happens, not even the ‘your horse is out of range’ pop up appears. Then I see a different symbol on the map marked ‘saddle’. I can’t get a train or stage coach there as it’s in a remote area. I try to catch a few wild horses to help but to no avail so I just run for about 10 mins. When I get there my horse (which I’ve had since the start of the game) has been killed following the train! Then bounty hunters appear with me running out in the countryside holding a saddle trying to escape! I manage to avoid them, so set up camp to fast travel to a stable but realised I couldn’t because I didn’t have a horse! I must have been stuck walking around with this saddle for an hour!

I then realised i could have just forgotten about the saddle and it would have automatically been saved in a stable anyway!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: June 10, 2020, 08:39:18 am »
Yeah, it's a bloody beautiful game alright. I've just finished the epilogue. Quite a journey. My biggest criticism of it is that on PC it's a buggy mess. Lost count of the crashes and pissing about that I've had to do to stop stuttering, frame hitching and the like. Rockstar have really dropped in my estimation over the past few years. They make fundamentally great games but far too often they're a texhnical mess on pc and instead of fixing the issues they spend all of their time making more online stuff and there's a lot of frustration and anger amongst pc gamers over Red Dead in particular.

I came back to camp yesterday to see Keiran being strangled by the invisible man  ;D Plenty of bugs, you're not wrong there.

Rockstar worry me a bit too. Mainly because when I was doing the intro sequence again, Dan Houser's name is splashed large all over it. Because he's the ideas man, it's his story, they're all his stories. And he's gone. Leslie Benzies is a visionary, and he left before even RDR2 (though it was in production since about 2010 so he certainly had a say.)

Funny thing about Red Dead 2. You know Strauss, the money grabbing bellwhiff who is a source of big trouble? Dan named him after Take2's CEO (Strauss Zelnick)!  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3741 on: June 10, 2020, 12:49:57 pm »
I came back to camp yesterday to see Keiran being strangled by the invisible man  ;D Plenty of bugs, you're not wrong there.

Rockstar worry me a bit too. Mainly because when I was doing the intro sequence again, Dan Houser's name is splashed large all over it. Because he's the ideas man, it's his story, they're all his stories. And he's gone. Leslie Benzies is a visionary, and he left before even RDR2 (though it was in production since about 2010 so he certainly had a say.)

Funny thing about Red Dead 2. You know Strauss, the money grabbing bellwhiff who is a source of big trouble? Dan named him after Take2's CEO (Strauss Zelnick)!  ;D

Yep Strauss & his money lending schemes inadvertently lead to the fate of Arthur at the end of the main story mode, & in the end Arthur get's sick of going to the collect money as Strauss has loaned the money to people who are destitute, Strauss is actually the Wonga of RDRII. :o

After the last money lending mission in chapter 6, you can't upgrade the camp & supplies & restock supplies, i'd make sure all camp gets all the upgrades by the end of chapter 4[preferably by the end of chapter 3, you'll have the money to do upgrade camp by the end of chapter 2, & beginning of chapter 3 if you don't constantly buy weapons & ammunition]& restock supplies before the last money lending mission.
#Sausages

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3742 on: June 10, 2020, 01:10:58 pm »
Ooof I’d defo spoiler that if Darren is playing through!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: June 10, 2020, 03:44:39 pm »
Ooof I’d defo spoiler that if Darren is playing through!

Cheers for the thought mate, but I'm done with the Story now so all good.  Just going to be riding around getting everything else done now, because...well, it's a bit of a good game (when it works) innit.

Yeah, I was skinning animals with my invisible knife for an hour last night.  I can live with texture bugs and the like though as long as they are not too frequent. 

It's when the bloody game decides not to place any more objectives on the map when I'm 40 hours in or having to do the same mission three times due to crashes that pisses me off. 

Then when trying to find solutions to all of that bullshit... to then find out that the errors that I've experienced have been happening since launch and that Rockstar have appeared to make zero effort to fix them and haven't even bothered to comment on them - all the while milking the cash cow that is RDR2 online with more and more content - then it tends to piss me off.  Rockstar used to be one of the darlings of gamers, but they're now a long way down the road to destroying their reputation in the same way that Bethesda has.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:55:21 pm by Darren G »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: June 10, 2020, 06:50:40 pm »
Played a bit more last night on my 2nd play through and I had a really annoying thing happen to me,

I was doing a side mission and driving a train, I got to my destination on the opposite side of the map to where I started. Mission complete so I whistle for my horse. Nothing happens, not even the ‘your horse is out of range’ pop up appears. Then I see a different symbol on the map marked ‘saddle’. I can’t get a train or stage coach there as it’s in a remote area. I try to catch a few wild horses to help but to no avail so I just run for about 10 mins. When I get there my horse (which I’ve had since the start of the game) has been killed following the train! Then bounty hunters appear with me running out in the countryside holding a saddle trying to escape! I manage to avoid them, so set up camp to fast travel to a stable but realised I couldn’t because I didn’t have a horse! I must have been stuck walking around with this saddle for an hour!

I then realised i could have just forgotten about the saddle and it would have automatically been saved in a stable anyway!

Hahaha I learnt early doors not to leave my horse near or have him follow along the tracks.

Too many of you neglect the save feature  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3745 on: June 10, 2020, 07:37:49 pm »
Think the smartest thing I did was find the white Arabian and get Buell about five minutes before the last mission (well....Arthur’s)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3746 on: June 10, 2020, 07:47:06 pm »
The smartest thing I did was, you know that mutilated torso by Valentine, well shoot the ropes off and when it falls lasso it and ride on a dudequest for brocial justice into Valentine

Edit: also I crouch-walk everywhere cause Arthur has the rickets
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:48:45 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3747 on: June 11, 2020, 07:24:53 pm »
One weird thing happening in chapter 3, horses are collapsing dead with no one near them, human or predators, in the fields next to the road to Rhodes from the camp, yet you're accused of animal cruelty if you go anywhere near them & someone will run off to alert the authorities.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3748 on: June 17, 2020, 10:58:47 pm »
That Joys Of Civilisation mission is irritating, i cannot do that combat dive on the street kid when i'm in position to do so, even though i'm holding & pressing the right buttons.  :no
#Sausages

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3749 on: June 18, 2020, 05:52:44 am »
That Joys Of Civilisation mission is irritating, i cannot do that combat dive on the street kid when i'm in position to do so, even though i'm holding & pressing the right buttons.  :no
What platform are you on and what are you pressing?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3750 on: June 18, 2020, 02:26:31 pm »
What platform are you on and what are you pressing?

I'm on the PS4, & i hold L2, then press square
#Sausages

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: June 19, 2020, 03:22:05 am »
I'm on the PS4, & i hold L2, then press square

There's your problem. You've got to get close and then hit the circle.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3752 on: June 19, 2020, 04:11:56 pm »
Yeah, dive is circle. Just run and press circle

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3753 on: June 19, 2020, 06:13:45 pm »
Cheers, i got you's

#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3754 on: June 21, 2020, 06:10:35 am »
How does that honour system work as i inadvertently got Arthur high honour by the time chapter 6 ended[i was expecting to have low honour], as i didn't do many side missions, & didn't intervene that much with the random events too, i did bring a lot of food into camp, mostly by hunting deer, & did a few chores in camp too, & left a bit of money in camp funds?
#Sausages

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3755 on: June 21, 2020, 09:28:45 am »
How does that honour system work as i inadvertently got Arthur high honour by the time chapter 6 ended[i was expecting to have low honour], as i didn't do many side missions, & didn't intervene that much with the random events too, i did bring a lot of food into camp, mostly by hunting deer, & did a few chores in camp too, & left a bit of money in camp funds?

Howdy.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3756 on: June 21, 2020, 09:44:45 am »

Just builds up if you don’t kill any innocents, rob people, shoot horses or dogs, be a dick to people in conversation etc

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3757 on: June 21, 2020, 06:49:13 pm »
Just builds up if you don’t kill any innocents, rob people, shoot horses or dogs, be a dick to people in conversation etc

To be honest, i often antagonize people[especially around the camp] i tend to use the greet & antagonize which can be hilarious depending on the response, & i always antagonize Micah he's such a c*nt.

Arthur, "that's a nice Horse you have there"
Stranger, "thanks"
Arthur, "are you 2 married."
 ;D

#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3758 on: June 23, 2020, 12:29:36 pm »
I've finished the main story, visited the gang members, only that i didn't know you can only visit Trelawny in chapter 6, so that's annoying, i didn't save anything from chapter 4

How do you put spoiler tags on here?
#Sausages

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3759 on: June 23, 2020, 12:43:25 pm »
Literally just spoiler /spoiler with [] around