Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 358020 times)

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8120 on: April 30, 2024, 11:13:12 pm »
Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. Like his mate Xabi in Leverkusen, he still feels he's got work to do at Arsenal and is on an upwards curve. But I bet you any money, he'll be back at City once his mentor Guardiola has fucked off, probably in 12 months' time.

Im telling you right now. Arteta is set at Arsenal and would not be moved by the Man City job. Pep said so himself, when Arteta was assistant at Man City, and Man City scored against Arsenal, Arteta never celebrated.

Arteta is a former player of Arsenal who captained the club. If Gerrard were at Liverpool doing really well, would he leave for the City job? If Lampard were at Chelsea doing well, would he leave for the City job? But apparently Arteta would.

Im telling you, your finger is way of the pulse with this one. Arsenal is Arteta's northstar. Moreover, I dont see Man City as some kind of Bayern Munich type club who can cherry pick the best of their rivals. As far as I am concerned, they are benefitting greatly from having Pep as manager, and there will be a fall off in the post Pep era.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8121 on: April 30, 2024, 11:19:06 pm »
Are you really comparing Arteta to Lampard and Gerrard in this scenario. As far as I can remember, neither of the other two were assistant manager/on the coaching staff at City. Could be wrong.

You may be right and he’ll have no interest in moving to City, and I think you’re right that there’s bound to be a drop off when he leaves. In the way they’d struggle to string back to back seasons together before he arrived but it’s still a ropey comparison.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8122 on: May 1, 2024, 01:42:01 am »
Are you really comparing Arteta to Lampard and Gerrard in this scenario. As far as I can remember, neither of the other two were assistant manager/on the coaching staff at City. Could be wrong.

You may be right and he’ll have no interest in moving to City, and I think you’re right that there’s bound to be a drop off when he leaves. In the way they’d struggle to string back to back seasons together before he arrived but it’s still a ropey comparison.

Lamps would be perfect, just the big name city need to get them out of league 2.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8123 on: May 1, 2024, 06:50:13 am »
Im telling you right now. Arteta is set at Arsenal and would not be moved by the Man City job. Pep said so himself, when Arteta was assistant at Man City, and Man City scored against Arsenal, Arteta never celebrated.

Arteta is a former player of Arsenal who captained the club. If Gerrard were at Liverpool doing really well, would he leave for the City job? If Lampard were at Chelsea doing well, would he leave for the City job? But apparently Arteta would.

Im telling you, your finger is way of the pulse with this one. Arsenal is Arteta's northstar. Moreover, I dont see Man City as some kind of Bayern Munich type club who can cherry pick the best of their rivals. As far as I am concerned, they are benefitting greatly from having Pep as manager, and there will be a fall off in the post Pep era.

You also said that Ben White is a £70M+ player, so people tend to disregard your ‘facts’ based on that alone.

Offline AthleticClub

• Main Stander
« Reply #8124 on: May 1, 2024, 07:10:13 am »

One FA Cup in 4 years having spent all that money, your fans will try and leg him like they did last year. I'd say the tide would turn quickly for him if you lose a few games at the start of next year but there will be none of your fans left in the ground to voice their displeasure. Rough times ahead for Arteta if he chokes again this year. Are we looking at a serial bottler here?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8125 on: May 1, 2024, 07:22:19 am »
Must be something with the As, Arsenal are Atletico in disguise, so many cynical dirty little shit going on. White and Havertz are going to get snapped by a grock if they continue.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8126 on: May 1, 2024, 07:49:26 am »
You also said that Ben White is a £70M+ player, so people tend to disregard your ‘facts’ based on that alone.

Is he not? Best right back in the country. Defends like a proper centre back, joins up with saka brilliantly going forward, excellent crosser of a ball, runs up and down all day, scores goals, tactically brilliant . If Gvardiol is 90m how much is White?

His goalkeeper blocks alone are worth 10m.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 07:54:16 am by The North Bank »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8127 on: May 1, 2024, 07:54:41 am »
One FA Cup in 4 years having spent all that money, your fans will try and leg him like they did last year. I'd say the tide would turn quickly for him if you lose a few games at the start of next year but there will be none of your fans left in the ground to voice their displeasure. Rough times ahead for Arteta if he chokes again this year. Are we looking at a serial bottler here?

Hes hanging by a thread

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8128 on: May 1, 2024, 08:00:06 am »

Winger’s Arsenal were booed off in the opening day once I’m sure. Crazy.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8129 on: May 1, 2024, 08:29:34 am »
I dont see Arteta lasting till Christmas.

Its an old favourite of mine

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8130 on: May 1, 2024, 08:32:18 am »

You like the way we underestimate Arsenal? This thread has come full circle!

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8131 on: May 1, 2024, 08:39:12 am »
It needs to get back to a proper piss take thread

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8132 on: May 1, 2024, 08:49:02 am »

He was 10 years ahead of his time!

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8133 on: May 1, 2024, 10:42:50 am »
He was 10 years ahead of his time!

Imagine being an Arsenal fan (who are currently top of the league) and being up at 10 to 9 in the morning sarcastically defending your team on a fucking Liverpool forum. My God.

Up there with winning the North London Derby and being on here straight away.

Shambles.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8134 on: May 1, 2024, 10:47:20 am »
Has anybody any idea why Trossard was refereeing last night's match between Bayern and Madrid?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8135 on: May 1, 2024, 10:54:25 am »
Has anybody any idea why Trossard was refereeing last night's match between Bayern and Madrid?
The poor lad needs a break. He looks knackered.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8136 on: May 1, 2024, 11:00:56 am »
Imagine being an Arsenal fan (who are currently top of the league) and being up at 10 to 9 in the morning sarcastically defending your team on a fucking Liverpool forum. My God.

Up there with winning the North London Derby and being on here straight away.

Shambles.

Is 10 am too early to get up?

Im at work from 7:30

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8137 on: May 1, 2024, 11:01:54 am »
The poor lad needs a break. He looks knackered.

Last time he slept was 6 years ago

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8138 on: May 1, 2024, 11:51:52 am »
Last time he slept was 6 years ago

He did a good job actually. And not surprisingly he didn't fall for Harold Kane's diving malarkey. (Went down like Saka actually, though without the tantrums).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8139 on: May 1, 2024, 12:18:32 pm »
He did a good job actually. And not surprisingly he didn't fall for Harold Kane's diving malarkey. (Went down like Saka actually, though without the tantrums).

Officials in CL are like watching a different sport. All the efficiency you expect

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8140 on: May 1, 2024, 12:47:01 pm »
Winger’s Arsenal were booed off in the opening day once I’m sure. Crazy.

Are you sure they weren't just playing Everton?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #8141 on: May 1, 2024, 01:06:33 pm »
Thankfully the experts were wrong and Bayern gave your lot something to whinge about

Bayern had to beat the corrupt referee in the first leg even
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8142 on: May 1, 2024, 01:49:51 pm »

Was is the season before last when he was favourite to get sacked for the first few months of it ? No matter if youse win it or not this season everybody has to admit he's done a decent job.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #8143 on: May 1, 2024, 01:56:40 pm »
Was is the season before last when he was favourite to get sacked for the first few months of it ? No matter if youse win it or not this season everybody has to admit he's done a decent job.
It's a pity most of us can't stand the lego headed c*nt.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8144 on: May 1, 2024, 02:24:51 pm »

Yeh we played Norwich at home both teams were on 0 points after 3 games and we were bottom with a worse goal difference (scored 0 conceded 10). I think he was on shaky ground that day, we won 1-0 in an awful game when auba bundled the ball in. I still dont think the board would have sacked him but the fans wouldve turned. Its got a lot better since.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8145 on: May 1, 2024, 02:33:45 pm »
It's a pity most of us can't stand the lego headed c*nt.

;D

He's a twat like but credit when it's due.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8146 on: May 1, 2024, 02:35:52 pm »
Yeh we played Norwich at home both teams were on 0 points after 3 games and we were bottom with a worse goal difference (scored 0 conceded 10). I think he was on shaky ground that day, we won 1-0 in an awful game when auba bundled the ball in. I still dont think the board would have sacked him but the fans wouldve turned. Its got a lot better since.

A few in my local threw a few quid on him to get sacked and then to sacked at the end of the season. I never and still wind them up about. It has deffo got a lot better since .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8147 on: May 1, 2024, 04:41:06 pm »

:lmao

If Barca come calling he'd drop his keks quicker than a drug hungry whore.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8148 on: May 1, 2024, 08:32:38 pm »
:lmao

If Barca come calling he'd drop his keks quicker than a drug hungry whore.

Deco just a month or so ago.

"Obviously you can appreciate top managers like Guardiola, Klopp and Arteta but they’re not available. There’s no talk at all with them and it’s pointless to mention them. We’re not speaking to any manager."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8149 on: May 1, 2024, 10:00:34 pm »

"Obviously you can appreciate top managers like Guardiola, Klopp and Arteta but they’re not available. There’s no talk at all with them and it’s pointless to mention them. We’re not speaking to any manager."

Arteta may yet win the title this season, albeit it needs city to drop points, but what has he won as manager to date to be in same bracket as Klopp and Guardiola? 

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8150 on: May 1, 2024, 10:20:22 pm »
Arteta is from the basque right? So he may have huge loyalty to Arsenal, but it wouldn't be a shock if he went to Barcelona.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8151 on: May 2, 2024, 12:36:25 am »
Arteta is from the basque right? So he may have huge loyalty to Arsenal, but it wouldn't be a shock if he went to Barcelona.
Basque <-> Barcelona? Am I missing something? The only similarity is that both Basque and Catalan regions are controlled by Spaniards.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8152 on: May 2, 2024, 12:46:22 am »

Athletic Bilbao is the club youre thinking of.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8153 on: May 2, 2024, 12:49:44 am »

Well one of them is out of a job very soon. Ive no doubt Klopp will end up at Barca. Theyll just need to hire someone for a year while he’s on a break.

Hes too young to retire for good and he wont manage anyone else in england, that leaves the spanish league and real will have assembled a new galacticos so barca would be just the type of challenge hed take on.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8154 on: May 2, 2024, 07:13:53 am »
Arteta may yet win the title this season, albeit it needs city to drop points, but what has he won as manager to date to be in same bracket as Klopp and Guardiola?

Don't think it's really a comparison, more how attractive he'd be specifically for Barca, an ex La Masia player coaching at the top of the EPL, that would have their Spidey senses going into overdrive. Everyone seen what they were like with Fabregas even though they didn't really have a place for him.

There's obviously no comparison against Klopp and Pep in terms of actual achievements.

Well one of them is out of a job very soon. Ive no doubt Klopp will end up at Barca. Theyll just need to hire someone for a year while he’s on a break.

Hes too young to retire for good and he wont manage anyone else in england, that leaves the spanish league and real will have assembled a new galacticos so barca would be just the type of challenge hed take on.

I think Klopp is still unobtainable for next season though, he needs that break, and he seems pretty adamant he'll take it. It looks like Xavi is staying another season anyway.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8155 on: May 2, 2024, 07:31:56 am »
I think Arsenal are now favourites are their last three games are easier than City's last 4 games.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8156 on: May 2, 2024, 08:36:43 am »
I think Arsenal are now favourites are their last three games are easier than City's last 4 games.

I think United will try harder against us than Spurs will against city

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8157 on: May 2, 2024, 10:46:46 am »
I think United will try harder against us than Spurs will against city

No point in worrying over things like that, Arsenal just have to concentrate on themselves and win their games. Do that and see where you end up. It's no good having any regrets at the end of the season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8158 on: May 2, 2024, 11:16:18 am »
No point in worrying over things like that, Arsenal just have to concentrate on themselves and win their games. Do that and see where you end up. It's no good having any regrets at the end of the season.

Indeed, I would rather be in their position though, knowing it’s in their hands.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #8159 on: May 2, 2024, 01:01:15 pm »
Sorry did I see someone say Ben White is the best right back in the league yesterday? :lmao and no one has even questioned it?!