21 (6.5%)
Labour
70 (21.8%)
GP
11 (3.4%)
Ind/Others
77 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 321

Author Topic: The Irish Politics Thread.  (Read 463917 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Irish Politics Thread.
« Reply #5840 on: November 24, 2023, 01:29:05 am »
Conor McGregor really stirring up with the Irish Nationalists remarks on twitter - "Ireland is at War"

Let's hope he's the first casualty.

You'd think they'd be a tad embarrassed to have gone off like this over fake news; reports saying the suspect is a citizen of over 20 years. But since when did these pond life ever worry about truth... all in the eye of the beholder, fact checks are the work of the Soros cabal, "globalist" lugenpresse... etc etc. Fuck off.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5841 on: November 24, 2023, 01:43:38 am »

You'd think they'd be a tad embarrassed to have gone off like this over fake news; reports saying the suspect is a citizen of over 20 years. But since when did these pond life ever worry about truth... all in the eye of the beholder, fact checks are the work of the Soros cabal, "globalist" lugenpresse... etc etc. Fuck off.

Yeah we live in a world now where the truth is what you want it to be. It sounds like it isn't an immigrant, and these pig headed knuckle dragging pond scum will say it's the evil news lying to them to undermine the true Irish (read what is actually meant here - White people)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5842 on: November 24, 2023, 01:57:05 am »
Yeah we live in a world now where the truth is what you want it to be. It sounds like it isn't an immigrant, and these pig headed knuckle dragging pond scum will say it's the evil news lying to them to undermine the true Irish (read what is actually meant here - White people)

Maybe all of the Irish diaspora (me included) should return to Ireland immediately and take all the jobs and price everyone out of the property market.

Great to see the thugs breaking into Ireland's oldest department store and robbing it. Nothing more patriotic than stealing Canada Goose/Stone Island jackets and Air Max trainers. I'm sure the likes of Pearce, Connolly, etc, would be so proud of these shitbags.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5843 on: November 24, 2023, 06:36:27 am »
What a surprise, looks like it’s the far right loons rioting and thieving

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-67512628

https://www.irishtimes.com/

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5844 on: November 24, 2023, 06:56:30 am »
Maybe all of the Irish diaspora (me included) should return to Ireland immediately and take all the jobs and price everyone out of the property market.

Great to see the thugs breaking into Ireland's oldest department store and robbing it. Nothing more patriotic than stealing Canada Goose/Stone Island jackets and Air Max trainers. I'm sure the likes of Pearce, Connolly, etc, would be so proud of these shitbags.

Lost on them that some Irish people who are immigrants have committed heinous crimes abroad. Every Irish person should be repatriated on account of those people!

That's how works, isn't it?fucking idiots.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: November 24, 2023, 08:01:44 am »
RTE news : Listen: Driver used helmet 'as weapon' to hit attacker

http://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2023/1124/1418259-deliveroo-driver/

Deport him, bloody immigrant!

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #5846 on: November 24, 2023, 08:29:52 am »
It must be confusing for these loons when they realise their small-minded nationalism has led them into the same extreme margins as the worst nutters within the Northern Irish Loyalist community.

We saw the same thing here in Liverpool (well, Huyton!) last year, with the far-right launching false accusations of sexual assault on a 'local' girl by one of those 'foreigners' (read refugees) hauled up in a hotel. Low and behold every local racist scumbag and anyone else fancying a bit of a dustup is out on the streets surrounding the hotel, vandalising property, and fighting the police.

A violent mob surrounding a hotel full of people who have fled war, persecution, famine and whatever else. Makes you proud!  :butt
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 08:32:13 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5847 on: November 24, 2023, 08:37:44 am »
I recall there being a ‘noisy’ albeit maybe low numbers bunch of anti-vaccine/covid deniers in Ireland.  Wouldn’t be surprised if same folks are aligned with that and this.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5848 on: November 24, 2023, 08:46:00 am »
Not going to pretend to know enough for an informed opinion on the whole situation - but apparently lots of louts going round chanting Ireland is full.

Not sure there’s a country around that’s less true of?

I'd be happy enough if there was an empty island they could be moved too so they've a lot more space. Could maybe take the DUP and their clan from the North with them  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5849 on: November 24, 2023, 08:57:20 am »
I'd be happy enough if there was an empty island they could be moved too so they've a lot more space. Could maybe take the DUP and their clan from the North with them  :D

Rockall would be ideal.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online jangle rovers jiffy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5850 on: November 24, 2023, 09:20:34 am »
North inner city has been a kip for a long time, turning into a no go was on Abbey St having a few drinks about 3 weeks ago place is lawless. The problem is its over run by scrotes who know they can do they want as we have a garda force with morale at an all time low, a commissioner who is more concerned about the metrics, a minister for justice who is more concerned about name calling and a courts system were if you were a half decent footballer in your youth you are ok to walk. The scumbags tore the city apart for nothing and has overshadowed a horrific event.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5851 on: November 24, 2023, 09:21:38 am »
Dublin last night was an excuse for wanton violence and looting.
My lad is at university there and was told to fk off back to the north as he had an Armagh gaa hoody heading back from class

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #5852 on: November 24, 2023, 09:26:31 am »
I recall there being a ‘noisy’ albeit maybe low numbers bunch of anti-vaccine/covid deniers in Ireland.  Wouldn’t be surprised if same folks are aligned with that and this.

Weird take. I suppose they're all flat earthers in your book too.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5853 on: November 24, 2023, 09:29:23 am »
North inner city has been a kip for a long time, turning into a no go was on Abbey St having a few drinks about 3 weeks ago place is lawless. The problem is its over run by scrotes who know they can do they want as we have a garda force with morale at an all time low, a commissioner who is more concerned about the metrics, a minister for justice who is more concerned about name calling and a courts system were if you were a half decent footballer in your youth you are ok to walk. The scumbags tore the city apart for nothing and has overshadowed a horrific event.

A failing system you say, sounds familiar.......

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5854 on: November 24, 2023, 09:31:48 am »

He's not wrong. I know a few anti vax/covid deniers and most, if not all of them have issues with immigrants.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: November 24, 2023, 09:33:51 am »
RTE news : Listen: Driver used helmet 'as weapon' to hit attacker

http://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2023/1124/1418259-deliveroo-driver/

Deport him, bloody immigrant!

Yeah, but he took the job of selfless hero from some poor Irish person who wanted it.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #5856 on: November 24, 2023, 09:47:31 am »
He's not wrong. I know a few anti vax/covid deniers and most, if not all of them have issues with immigrants.

What kind of immigrants do they have issues with? What does covid have to do with it? You might as well say "I know a few Man United fans who have issues with immigrants".

The thing is, there are immigrants that come in legally and contribute to society with values similar to our own, and they are often the types of immigrants used as examples to shoot down others such as in this thread. "How can we hate immigrants, look what this good guy did". I myself am married to an immigrant.

There are also immigrants that come in illegally and are parasites to our society and go round causing more crime and making our streets unsafe. There needs to be something done about this, and this is where the majority of anger comes from, not "I had a brown Deliveroo driver and I hate him".

In the case of the latter though, yes, chastise people, but when there are legitimate safety concerns from the pouring in of a lot of fighting age men under the guise of "refugee" or "migrant", there needs to be cause for concern, especially when they start stabbing children like in this instance.

To ignore the latter because of blind support for the former, is not helpful in my opinion and doesn't allow for proper conversation.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: November 24, 2023, 10:02:57 am »
What kind of immigrants do they have issues with? What does covid have to do with it? You might as well say "I know a few Man United fans who have issues with immigrants".

The thing is, there are immigrants that come in legally and contribute to society with values similar to our own, and they are often the types of immigrants used as examples to shoot down others such as in this thread. "How can we hate immigrants, look what this good guy did". I myself am married to an immigrant.

There are also immigrants that come in illegally and are parasites to our society and go round causing more crime and making our streets unsafe. There needs to be something done about this, and this is where the majority of anger comes from, not "I had a brown Deliveroo driver and I hate him".

In the case of the latter though, yes, chastise people, but when there are legitimate safety concerns from the pouring in of a lot of fighting age men under the guise of "refugee" or "migrant", there needs to be cause for concern, especially when they start stabbing children like in this instance.

To ignore the latter because of blind support for the former, is not helpful in my opinion and doesn't allow for proper conversation.

Fucking hell. "Pouring in of a lot of fighting age men" "When they start stabbing children." Have you got Tommy Robinson posters on your wall?

Anything I've seen suggests the c*nt that carried out this attack is an Irish citizen.

There's a lot more parasites to society that are from here than there are that come in, legally or illegally.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5858 on: November 24, 2023, 10:06:11 am »
Fucking hell. "Pouring in of a lot of fighting age men" "When they start stabbing children." Have you got Tommy Robinson posters on your wall?

Anything I've seen suggests the c*nt that carried out this attack is an Irish citizen.

There's a lot more parasites to society that are from here than there are that come in, legally or illegally.

Yep, absolutely mental reading that  :o

"Fighting age under the guise of migrant or refugee"

Fuck me.

To then complain about "not allowing for a proper conversation".
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 10:08:21 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #5859 on: November 24, 2023, 10:12:56 am »

My friend works for the police who deals with the boats coming over the channel. There are next to no women and children coming over, and they are coming over every week in thousands.

There is also a hotel right next to my gym housing migrants and all of them are African men between the ages of 20-35. These are just facts, and I bet in your city or anyone else's city where the government have paid to house migrants, you can go to the hotel yourself and see for yourself what the situation is like.

From what I have seen, it was an African who carried out this attack. I've also seen videos in France of African migrants doing the same thing to children in parks. This isn't an isolated incident unfortunately.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: November 24, 2023, 10:15:15 am »

I think you'll find that most of the social and economic damage to Irish society is being driven by a few people/families with very Irish names.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5861 on: November 24, 2023, 10:19:49 am »
My friend works for the police who deals with the boats coming over the channel. There are next to no women and children coming over, and they are coming over every week in thousands.

There is also a hotel right next to my gym housing migrants and all of them are African men between the ages of 20-35. These are just facts, and I bet in your city or anyone else's city where the government have paid to house migrants, you can go to the hotel yourself and see for yourself what the situation is like.

From what I have seen, it was an African who carried out this attack. I've also seen videos in France of African migrants doing the same thing to children in parks. This isn't an isolated incident unfortunately.

It's the fact you have referred to "fighting age", as if these people are coming over here to invade the country or with the intention of doing violence.

Of course most people coming over are going to be men of 20-35. If you are someone fleeing war, poverty, persecution, instability, or even simply seeking a much better life, then in any situation it makes sense for the traditional "breadwinner" to take the dangerous route over, so they can then try and pay for their family to come over via safer means. It's an exhausting and highly dangerous trip, which can cost a whole families life savings just to get one person over. Or would you be sending your kids and wife off to try and cross the Mediterranean or English Channel in a dingy?

What about "working age"?!

And I bet I could find one hundred videos of white people attacking white people in parks. I've seen it myself plenty of times.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 10:22:53 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5862 on: November 24, 2023, 10:20:16 am »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67512002

A man in his 40s who was also seriously injured is a person of interest, police said.

They added that they were not looking for any other people at this time and are following a definite line of inquiry.

Sources have indicated to the BBC that the man suspected of carrying out the attack is an Irish citizen, who has lived in the country for 20 years.

I'd imagine there are other forums more suited to your rhetoric than this one.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5863 on: November 24, 2023, 10:21:29 am »
I'd imagine there are other forums more suited to your rhetoric than this one.

He seems far gone but you have to try.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #5864 on: November 24, 2023, 10:22:08 am »
I think you'll find that most of the social and economic damage to Irish society is being driven by a few people/families with very Irish names.

I'm commenting on the sentiment towards immigrants. No doubt that the people above us are causing all sorts of damage, the buck stops with them.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5865 on: November 24, 2023, 10:24:26 am »
I'm commenting on the sentiment towards immigrants. No doubt that the people above us are causing all sorts of damage, the buck stops with them.

Ah, so the buck stops with the problematic Irish families, but if they're black or brown then the buck stops with the whole race? Or am I reading that incorrectly?

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5866 on: November 24, 2023, 10:24:36 am »
It's the fact you have referred to "fighting age", as if these people are coming over here to invade the country or with the intention of doing violence.

Of course most people coming over are going to be men of 20-35. If you are someone fleeing war, poverty, persecution, instability, or even simply seeking a much better life, then in any situation it makes sense for the traditional "breadwinner" to take the dangerous route over, so they can then try and pay for their family to come over via safer means. It's an exhausting and highly dangerous trip, which can cost a whole families life savings just to get one person over. Or would you be sending your kids and wife off to try and cross the Mediterranean or English Channel in a dingy?

And I bet I could find one hundred videos of white people attacking white people in parks. I've seen it myself plenty of times.

Not to mention the "parasites to our society and go round causing more crime and making our streets unsafe"

I guess those that are responsible for all of this aren't covered under that umbrella.

Irish police have arrested 34 people after rioting caused "huge destruction" in Dublin city centre last night.

Violence flared after three children and a teacher were injured in a knife attack in the city centre several hours earlier.

Rioters destroyed 11 police vehicles while 13 shops were badly damaged and looted during the clashes with police.

An Garda Síochána (the Irish police force) said several of its officers were injured, with one seriously hurt.

Three buses and a tram were also destroyed during more than three hours of sustained rioting.

Public order policing units from all over the Republic of Ireland were called in to support officers in the city.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5867 on: November 24, 2023, 10:41:05 am »

May be maybe not, who knows what social media driven rabbit hole conspiracies such folk fall down? Notwithstanding that, the ‘far right racist’ tag would be apt, which ends up being an excuse to rob and pillage.

Same traits as the likes of the ‘football lads alliance’ and Yaxley-Lennon types, who turn up in London steaming and piss all over statues/memorials.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5868 on: November 24, 2023, 10:43:22 am »
Far right scum. Let's call them what they are. No excuses. All should be thrown in a hole along with their sympathisers.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: November 24, 2023, 10:47:14 am »
Amazing response from some yobs yesterday after one of the worse moments in the capital in recent years. A young child and teacher fighting for their life and your immediate response is to go down and attack those that are trying to help. The worse of society should have their asses reddened if underage n the adult thugs should be put to good use and clean up the mess they created in full public view before getting their public benefits taken off them. Put them to work the useless gits. Only takes a few idiots to make us all look bad in the eyes of world news today. Shameful.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #5870 on: November 24, 2023, 10:50:53 am »

Oh dear.

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5871 on: November 24, 2023, 10:54:48 am »
It's not wrong to have concerns about 100s of  male migrants landing into centres beside you, I know  I have them and still do when it happened down the Rd. However the way things are you get screamed down for being far right now if you do have concerns. I had voted for the Irish Labour Party my whole life till they went in with Fg. Now it's just independents my views always been to the left. My views have never changed but like I said nowadays I'm being told I'm on the far right going by society today cause I don't agree with everything your supposed to. An I doubt I'm the only one. Politicians and the media have  lot to answer for with the way things are gone in the country

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5872 on: November 24, 2023, 10:56:59 am »

Absolute helmet you fella.  Shocking post. Like stabbing and violence is something that only African migrants carry out.."This isn't an isolated incident unfortunately". Thick bastard. This incident involved an Irish citizen who had been in Ireland for 20 years. What the fuck does migrants being housed in hotel close to you and videos you've seen from.France  ::) have to do with this?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5873 on: November 24, 2023, 11:00:15 am »
I had voted for the Irish Labour Party my whole life till they went in with Fg. 
Was this before 1948 when they went into the Costello government, or in 1973 when Brendan Corish joined the Liam Cosgrave govt?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5874 on: November 24, 2023, 11:08:32 am »
It's not wrong to have concerns about 100s of  male migrants landing into centres beside you, I know  I have them and still do when it happened down the Rd. However the way things are you get screamed down for being far right now if you do have concerns. I had voted for the Irish Labour Party my whole life till they went in with Fg. Now it's just independents my views always been to the left. My views have never changed but like I said nowadays I'm being told I'm on the far right going by society today cause I don't agree with everything your supposed to. An I doubt I'm the only one. Politicians and the media have  lot to answer for with the way things are gone in the country

We had hundreds of thousands of male Irish migrants arriving in the Port of Liverpool after the Famine. Some say up a million Irish migrants in all passed through the Port. Ignorant reactionary beliefs and "concerns" spurred on a century of sectarian politics that helped set back the Liverpool Labour movement by about 70 years.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #5875 on: November 24, 2023, 11:10:18 am »

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5876 on: November 24, 2023, 11:11:15 am »
Was this before 1948 when they went into the Costello government, or in 1973 when Brendan Corish joined the Liam Cosgrave govt?
[/quot5e]

2011 Tommy Broughan always had my vote

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: November 24, 2023, 11:12:05 am »

I'd understand where you're coming from if the mindless destruction of Dublin last night was anything to do with these group of men you are concerned about (despite the fact these group of men most likely won't ever commit any crime you are fearful of them committing).

But it wasn't. It's just being used as a convenient excuse for inexcusable voilence.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5878 on: November 24, 2023, 11:13:12 am »
We had hundreds of thousands of male Irish migrants arriving in the Port of Liverpool after the Famine. Some say up a million Irish migrants in all passed through the Port. Ignorant reactionary beliefs and "concerns" spurred on a century of sectarian politics that helped set back the Liverpool Labour movement by about 70 years.

And those Irish immigrants that settled in Liverpool were given a rousing welcome by their Orange neighbours to the point were they would actually march in celebration of their settling in this country even having bands, with big drums and men dressed up as King William IV to make them feel welcome.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: November 24, 2023, 11:13:47 am »

and of course, if they are of "fighting age", maybe they're trying to escape being - you know - made to fight?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art