Author Topic: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)  (Read 890045 times)

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)
« Reply #8080 on: December 24, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »
Ten years from now I can imagine a player using the definition of "Queer" that stood in the 1930's as their defence for using it.

Or they might take a leaf out of Rio's book.

But when Moyles, a Leeds United fan, jokingly declared that he would always prefer Smith, an ex-Leeds player, Ferdinand said: 'You're a faggot.'

As others in the studio expressed shock, the England defender said: 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm not homophobic.'

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8081 on: December 24, 2011, 07:53:58 pm »
The most homphobic person there was Le Saux.  Disgracefully, the PFA backed him.

I aint for one minute saying that Fowler should not have been punished.  But he was treating being gay as a laughing matter.  It was Le Saux who took being gay as a grievous insult, and the PFA who backed that stance.

There's a pattern here, isnt there.

Homphobic abuse.  Very prevalent.  Should be stamped out.  Only person punished, an LFC player.

Dissent to ref.  Very prevalent.  Should be stamped out.  Nothing done to Ashley Cole.  Nothing done to Rooney or Terry.  Mascherano (rightly) punished.  And now the whole club in the dock over the Spearing Red. 

Racist abuse.  A player a few years ago (Mackie) rightly punished for admitted used of the n word (the actual one; not Daniel Taylor's version).  Several other cases rejected.  Suarez gets the same punishment as Mackie.  Evra gets off Scot free (and I bet he isnt the only one who will escape a ban this season).

So basically, every time they need a scapegoat, they turn to us.

Havent seen many of the manc trolls saying Schmicael should have got a massive ban when he racially abused Ian Wright. One rule for the hard shoulder shitters players and a different one for everyone else !

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8082 on: December 24, 2011, 07:54:17 pm »
You're dead wrong. I don't get told what to think. You should try it some time. Another at odds I opinion I'll continue to hold is that Robbie Fowler is an immature homophobic dickhead ever since his treatment of Graeme Le Saux. The fact there's still no openly gay footballers says were in the dark ages more than the occasional case of racism.

This is another topic mate. Rio loves to use the word 'faggott'. Does that make him homophobic? Lets stay on topic or it will get locked.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8083 on: December 24, 2011, 08:02:11 pm »
Havent seen many of the manc trolls saying Schmicael should have got a massive ban when he racially abused Ian Wright. One rule for the hard shoulder shitters players and a different one for everyone else !

Forgot about that one. Case eventually dropped of course.

Online Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8084 on: December 24, 2011, 08:08:03 pm »
Or 2 months from now a player a player being banned for the season for saying "thats a queer decision ref"

Or should Enrique be given a red card and has the audacity to say Que? Ir? (What? Go?) The F.A. would throw the book at him.

Wondering if the reason for the delay on the documentation is because they are compiling a list of every unacceptable insult in every language, and every word that sounds similar so that we don't end up in the same situation. Somehow I think not, that would mean acting on the rod they've made for their own back, and they're not going to do that willingly, I would think.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8085 on: December 24, 2011, 08:09:19 pm »
You're dead wrong. I don't get told what to think. You should try it some time. Another at odds I opinion I'll continue to hold is that Robbie Fowler is an immature homophobic dickhead ever since his treatment of Graeme Le Saux. The fact there's still no openly gay footballers says were in the dark ages more than the occasional case of racism.

You are completely right about Fowler being immature he was. The problem is LFC's treatment of Fowler actually defeats your argument. The Club continually fined him and warned him about his future conduct. When he didn't heed the warnings we got shut. We got rid of a hugely gifted footballer who was incredibly popular with the fans.

What we didn't do was to blindly defend him to the hilt, when he couldn't alter his behaviour we got shut. That's what a Club with morals does, we did it with Diouf, we did it with Case and Lee and when Molby came out of prison for a motoring offence he was told in no uncertain terms that he was in last chance saloon.

I have absolutely no doubt that if Suarez was guilty of deliberately abusing someone racially then he would of received the same treatment as the above players. It's a shame your manager hasn't done the same with Cantona, Rooney and Giggs.

So if you want to moralise then I suggest you look a little close to home how about the song you sing about Rooney being the white Pele or your manager saying that "When an Italian tells me it's pasta on the plate I check under the sauce to make sure. They are the inventors of the smokescreen."

For a team with such impeccible morals on racism it's strange that you defended Mike Phelan when he was found to of made a false acussation of racism.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8086 on: December 24, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »
Just a very quick one on the word "Negrito". I live in Rio de Janeiro and whilst we speak Portuguese not Spanish, the Portuguese equivalent to this is considered a term of enderment, hence why Evra would be called this by his own teammates.

I asked my Brazilian wife would she be offended if someone called her this and she just laughed and said never.

So Negrito (probably) isn't an insulting word in Uruguay either. It the argument is over whether Suarez' intentions when using the word then Evra in his own words said Luis isn't a racist. So why then would he assume that a non-racist word said by a non-racist person is meant as a racial slur against him?

I think he is still just upset that Suarez made him look shit several times :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8087 on: December 24, 2011, 08:11:30 pm »
Just went through your old posts. Interesting that they pretty much (apart from the boxing and renault ones) slag off our manager, players, fans and club.

Just fucked him off.

87:13

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8088 on: December 24, 2011, 08:13:15 pm »
Just fucked him off.

StevieJ off Redcafe if I had to hazard a guess.  :wave
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8089 on: December 24, 2011, 08:15:55 pm »
Can get back under his bridge, troll prick.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8090 on: December 24, 2011, 08:19:39 pm »
Just fucked him off.

How do I get your f off FA picture, Barney?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8091 on: December 24, 2011, 08:19:48 pm »
Can get back under his bridge, troll prick.

Couldnt we just send one of our mods over to Redcafe and we take one of theirs in exchange? Then we could , literally, kick ten kinds of shite out of their mod.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8092 on: December 24, 2011, 08:20:45 pm »
Don't know if this has been posted but it's a pretty good article and a couple of decent replys: 
http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/lfc/2011-12-24/5563/ignorance-is-all-too-common.html/

Brilliant stuff.

No doubt he will ignore everyone who 'tweets' it to him.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8093 on: December 24, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »
Couldnt we just send one of our mods over to Redcafe and we take one of theirs in exchange? Then we could , literally, kick ten kinds of shite out of their mod.

What about ours though?

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8094 on: December 24, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »
Forgot about that one. Case eventually dropped of course.

after gordon taylor intervened on behalf of both players to ensure no action was taken......interesting how his stance is not the same this time around
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8095 on: December 24, 2011, 08:24:27 pm »
How do I get your f off FA picture, Barney?

Right-Click on it and "Save Picture As..."

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8096 on: December 24, 2011, 08:29:33 pm »
What about ours though?
Collateral damage?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8097 on: December 24, 2011, 08:33:10 pm »
Right-Click on it and "Save Picture As..."

D'ya mind me using it for the duration?

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8098 on: December 24, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »
Not at all. The more the merrier...

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #8099 on: December 24, 2011, 08:36:59 pm »
after gordon taylor intervened on behalf of both players to ensure no action was taken......interesting how his stance is not the same this time around

Did he? I know some mediation followed but thought that CPS decided not to prosecute the racism after the Old Trafford incident but Wright did get a misconduct charge after Highbury.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8100 on: December 24, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »
Can I just add that, going on our statement after the guilty verdict, I dont think the Evra 'South American' thing is what the club are refering to. Otherwise we would have said 'brought Luis's ethnicicity into it'.
I think Evra has admitted to calling Luis's mother/sister a whore, type of thing.

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #8101 on: December 24, 2011, 08:41:48 pm »
Ahh, peace on Earth and goodwill to all men. Unless you're Luis Suarez or are affiliated with LFC...
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8102 on: December 24, 2011, 08:42:06 pm »
You're spot on. We've embarrassed ourselves big time on this issue.

So let me get this straight.

You think the fact that Liverpool Football Club, its manager and players standing strongly behind a player they believe has been persecuted and wrongly labelled a racist is embarassing?

You would rather they sit back, see the newspaper headlines yelling RACIST, hear the crowds screaming abuse at one of our players and just bow their heads and do nothing.

As far as I am concerned, if they had taken that course of action it would have been embarassing, in fact it would have been disgraceful.

I couldn't believe the club printed t-shirt. When you think what that gesture is usually reserved for, global emergencies, serious tragedies, the urgent support of charities.

This is a ridiculous statement.  I got some t shirts printed for Christmas - was that wrong?  Should I have been told by the shop that they only deal with natural disasters?  The players obviously feel deeply that what is going on at the moment is wrong.  Their statement and show of support couldn't have made that plainer, and if people want to throw their hands up in horror over that, I would suggest that they are pandering to the newspaper headline writers and TalkSport journo's rather than examing the events of the past few weeks.

Face the music and accept the punishment so we can move on. Only more damage is being caused as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, lets have a look at what has happened, and the punishment meted out.

As far as I am concerned Suarez has been made a scapegoat and is paying the price for a series of events that have built up together.

**  England get badly mauled at the World Cup bidding and accusations about illegality in the bidding process are made that cause great embarrassment and trouble for Sepp    Blatter and his cronies.

The FA oppose Blatters re-election.

**     Suarez hits the Prem and teams find him a nuiscance.

Ferguson labels him a diver,  TalkSport devote a programme to debate 'Is Louis Suarez the dirtiest player in the Prem, some no mark goalie calls him a diver.

**     Suarez starts to get the wrong end of decisions in games, and little if any protection from referees.

**     Blatter makes a comment about how racist remarks on the pitch should be dealt with by a handshake, causes fury (mainly in this country) and is forced to apologise.

**     Evra makes a post match complaint about Suarez making a racist remark, and the FA investigate.

They do not subsequently investigate or punish Evra for using a pejorative word even though he admitted the offence.

**     The FA hand out an unprecendented ban and fine, to make Blatter and his cohorts see how this sort of offence should be handled, a great excuse for some more FIFA    bashing.

**     Daily Mirror has a bold banner headline saying simply RACIST. Talksport spend days focussing on pulling one of our players to bits, while every time he now sets foot on the pitch he is subjected to boos and abuse.

**     John Terry (subject of a Police investigation into racist comments) plays and gets the following headline in the papers -"John Terry a heroic Leader", "The caring side of John Terry" (picture of him with a black baby).

**     Even if found guilty in a Court of law, Terry can  not  be awarded a ban for 8 games, or a £40,000 fine.  Instead, he can be given a maximum fine of £2500.  A bit of a difference there isn't there?

and despite ALL of this you think the club should have sat back, accepted what the FA have done without any protest or sign of discontent?

You say that Liverpool fans should make up their own minds about all this, well believe me I have done a lot of reading, a lot of listening, and I have made my mind up.

The treatment of Suarez stinks.  I know it, the players know it, the manager, who I happen to think is a fairly decent chap, knows it and an awful lot of decent Liverpool supporters know it.

Shame you don't feel the same.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:47:03 pm by montysmum »
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Tony Clueless

• Main Stander
  • Ahh so!!
« Reply #8103 on: December 24, 2011, 08:42:18 pm »
It's the variations that are important here.

Even between US and UK English there are statements that could be rude in one and nothing in the other.

Have you got an example?  Im struggling to think of one?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8104 on: December 24, 2011, 08:44:12 pm »
Did he? I know some mediation followed but thought that CPS decided not to prosecute the racism after the Old Trafford incident but Wright did get a misconduct charge after Highbury.
Wright, rightly or wrongly, didnt want the game brought into disrepute. Basically, what happens on the field stays on the field. Couldn't believe it when they ended up working together as pundits.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #8105 on: December 24, 2011, 08:44:39 pm »

I'd love a fag right now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8106 on: December 24, 2011, 08:44:45 pm »

Fanny
Bender
Cluedo

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #8107 on: December 24, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »

"I'm dying for a fag" springs to mind
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8108 on: December 24, 2011, 08:45:47 pm »
Fag?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8109 on: December 24, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8110 on: December 24, 2011, 08:47:41 pm »

Faggot@Allerton might know one.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8111 on: December 24, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »
Fag?

Slang for homosexual, or a cigarette!
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8112 on: December 24, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »
Chief Ironside said 'Wanker' the other day on ITV 3 at 10am in the morning.  :-[

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8113 on: December 24, 2011, 08:51:22 pm »
Slang for homosexual, or a cigarette!
No shit, Sherlock!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8114 on: December 24, 2011, 08:53:08 pm »
Tony ?

Cluedo is known as 'clue' in the US of A. Tony, meanwhile, is known as 'gobshite' when accompanied with the word 'cluedo' in most states of America.

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8115 on: December 24, 2011, 09:05:39 pm »
No shit, Sherlock!

Sorry, misinterpreted the ?

Must wake up!!

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8116 on: December 24, 2011, 09:06:25 pm »
Cluedo is known as 'clue' in the US of A. Tony, meanwhile, is known as 'gobshite' when accompanied with the word 'cluedo' in most states of America.
Tony Beep Beep.

Offline evenflow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8117 on: December 24, 2011, 09:15:44 pm »
Or we could trust the integrity of Liverpool Football Club and especially Kenny Dalglish. There are two possible reasons why we have backed Suarez.

1. We are so tribal that we will defend the indefensible.

2. The Club and especially Kenny have the moral courage and fortitude to stand up and protest against what they see as completely and utterly unjust.

For me it quite simply doesn't matter what was actually said because even though the press, the moral crusaders and the people who wish to take the moral highground have not seen the evidence LFC and Kenny Dalglish have and I trust their integrity implicitly.

Anyone who saw the way Kenny reacted in the aftermath of Hillsborough should know that the man is an absolute colossus whose integrity and willingness to do the right thing is for me beyond question.

If Suarez was a racist and had made racist comments towards Evra his feet wouldn't of touched if anyone doesn't believe that then i think they should be supporting a different side.

I firmly believe in the integrity of our club and Kenny.  I hate the media circus in this because of what it is doing to an absolutely serious issue.  Maybe we should make more of our credentials in that respect.  Suarez needs to be taken out of the limelight by us maybe (not by excluding him from matches but in other ways) and LFC should focus on emphasising how serious racism is for us?
For me the issue of racism is more important than Suarez.  He is no racist and we should wait for the written judgment with reasons before we press on with our next step.
Quote from: rowan_d on Today at 05:49:28 PM
And though Jacob once did ascend unto the Holy Mountain, Christ the Healer declared unto him, 'Mad Men has had a mare in this thread.'

Jacob, 3:16

Offline evenflow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8118 on: December 24, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »
Merry xmas to all by the way.  Have a peaceful one.
Quote from: rowan_d on Today at 05:49:28 PM
And though Jacob once did ascend unto the Holy Mountain, Christ the Healer declared unto him, 'Mad Men has had a mare in this thread.'

Jacob, 3:16

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8119 on: December 24, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »
Tony Beep Beep.

Professor plum with a knife in the conservatory...or something like that