Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2579905 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #42920 on: February 9, 2024, 03:04:03 pm »
Went into the kitchen last night to check that taps off, doors locked etc when I saw that the freezer door was ajar. Wouldn't close properly because of ice stopping the drawers going in. So spent the next 45 minutes chipping away at ice with a bread knife and a wooden spatula. Annoying to say the least. Wish there was a better way to get rid of ice quickly. Defrosting won't work until you have everything out of it and that's unlikely to happen until you plan for it.
use a cup of hot water - nothing bigger! - and apply it very carefully, in stages,  to remove/reduce the ice buildup.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42921 on: February 9, 2024, 03:04:10 pm »
Went into the kitchen last night to check that taps off, doors locked etc when I saw that the freezer door was ajar. Wouldn't close properly because of ice stopping the drawers going in. So spent the next 45 minutes chipping away at ice with a bread knife and a wooden spatula. Annoying to say the least. Wish there was a better way to get rid of ice quickly. Defrosting won't work until you have everything out of it and that's unlikely to happen until you plan for it.

Boil the kettle or heat some water on the hob and use a cloth. I've been there.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42922 on: February 9, 2024, 03:04:58 pm »
I just use a hammer
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42923 on: February 9, 2024, 03:06:01 pm »
I just use a hammer
as long as no chisel is involved.  :)

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42924 on: February 9, 2024, 03:06:06 pm »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42925 on: February 9, 2024, 03:06:25 pm »

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42926 on: February 9, 2024, 03:10:16 pm »
use a cup of hot water - nothing bigger! - and apply it very carefully, in stages,  to remove/reduce the ice buildup.

FFS I didn't even think of hot water!! Bloody hell!  ::)
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #42927 on: February 9, 2024, 06:46:42 pm »
1) Had a roofer round today to remortar some flashing that had been damaged in the storms and sort out one of the fake chimneys the builder, in their infinite form over function wisdom, decided to plonk on top of the roof when it was built 20 years ago. Lovely fella, I trust him, he did a lot of extra work for 50 quid more than quote, but you know when you get an expert round and they clock and explain every single problem? This is our first house, we pushed the boat out for a 5 bed and it's hoovering cash from my pockets.

2) People on Countdown who choose 3 or 4 big numbers.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42928 on: February 9, 2024, 07:34:54 pm »
as long as no chisel is involved.  :)

Oh aye, use a chisel or a screwdiver too, its an HGV driver thing  ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42929 on: February 10, 2024, 06:38:35 am »
People who won't take responsibility for their own actions. Just seen an idiot agency driver, who cannot reverse, hit a parked trailer, he's come out with every excuse going and even tried to blame other drivers stood in the yard :butt

Jus fuck off back to Uber eh lad
Jurgen YNWA

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42930 on: February 10, 2024, 07:49:13 am »
Insomnia. I fucking hate it. Get it really bad every month or so. Last time I was sat in my car in my garage feeling like crying. Had to fight the urge to not go to work. Usually lasts for 2 or 3 days then I go back to normal shit sleep instead of no sleep. What happened to being young and sleeping for hours uninterrupted?

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42931 on: February 10, 2024, 07:50:12 am »
People who won't take responsibility for their own actions. Just seen an idiot agency driver, who cannot reverse, hit a parked trailer, he's come out with every excuse going and even tried to blame other drivers stood in the yard :butt

Jus fuck off back to Uber eh lad

I hate that also. Just fucking own up, everyone makes mistakes. Just admit it, call yourself a twat and move on.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42932 on: February 10, 2024, 08:09:27 am »
I hate that also. Just fucking own up, everyone makes mistakes. Just admit it, call yourself a twat and move on.

Yeah just admit you're an inexperienced driver, don't try and blame not feeling well, other drivers, even though one shouted and I blasted my horn.

I told him to go find the fella who looks after our trailers and report it or ring fleet - oh the in cab tablet isn't working,  fuck off. I saw the trailer fella 10 mins later, nope c*nt hadn't reported it, so I did. It's a 15 minute repair, but the loaded trailer cannot go on road til fixed, so the driver picking it up could have been stuck
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42933 on: February 10, 2024, 08:15:36 am »
BBC on in the background, I hear them announce "Klopp is leaving"

My heart starts pounding as I think something has happened and he is going straight away.

Was just a story about BBC complaints.  - Dickheads
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42934 on: February 10, 2024, 12:43:31 pm »
a few miles from me, a driver got pulled over yesterday doing 130kph in a 50kph zone.

cop who pulled him over was wearing bodycam, tells him "your license is gone, 30 days immediate suspension"

"but I have a clean record!"

his record was clean coz he'd only passed his test 10 minutes earlier.

he's a teenager.  apart from the obvious, the sad part is I'm sure this will make him some kind of hero among his knobhead friends.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42935 on: February 10, 2024, 02:25:55 pm »
a few miles from me, a driver got pulled over yesterday doing 130kph in a 50kph zone.

cop who pulled him over was wearing bodycam, tells him "your license is gone, 30 days immediate suspension"

"but I have a clean record!"

his record was clean coz he'd only passed his test 10 minutes earlier.

he's a teenager.  apart from the obvious, the sad part is I'm sure this will make him some kind of hero among his knobhead friends.
I just hope it wasn't Barney's son. Imagine his next insurance quote.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42936 on: February 11, 2024, 02:30:16 pm »
Going into Morrisons in Speke yesterday from the Ford road, was in the right hand lane to turn into the retail park with another car in the right lane slightly ahead which goes into Speke.

As we get to the roundabout, with no indication, the car on the left cuts straight across and I have to brake& beep to avoid them going into the side of me. Then, into the car park, and they slam the brakes on before turning with no indication, I then watched them in the rear view mirror drive across several bays, cutting up another car before parking across two bays.

It was an elderly couple, driver was easily around 90. Why do I feel like an arsehole for tooting the horn?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42937 on: February 11, 2024, 02:33:01 pm »
Going into Morrisons in Speke yesterday from the Ford road, was in the right hand lane to turn into the retail park with another car in the right lane slightly ahead which goes into Speke.

As we get to the roundabout, with no indication, the car on the left cuts straight across and I have to brake& beep to avoid them going into the side of me. Then, into the car park, and they slam the brakes on before turning with no indication, I then watched them in the rear view mirror drive across several bays, cutting up another car before parking across two bays.

It was an elderly couple, driver was easily around 90. Why do I feel like an arsehole for tooting the horn?
maybe coz you now realize if they're that old they wouldn't have heard it.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42938 on: February 11, 2024, 02:34:42 pm »

Twat shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car, absolute danger to everyone on the road.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42939 on: February 11, 2024, 02:36:20 pm »

What model of car was it?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #42940 on: February 11, 2024, 02:49:42 pm »
What model of car was it?
Why, what do you drive these days? 😁
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42941 on: February 11, 2024, 02:58:15 pm »
Why, what do you drive these days? 😁

It's the type of story that if it was a BMW, we would be told it was a BMW. But because it wasn't a BMW the make of car isn't mentioned  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42942 on: February 11, 2024, 02:59:14 pm »
It's the type of story that if it was a BMW, we would be told it was a BMW. But because it wasn't a BMW the make of car isn't mentioned  :D
can probably rule out Audi as well.

and any SUV.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42943 on: February 11, 2024, 03:06:31 pm »
can probably rule out Audi as well.

and any SUV.

In the UK, shitty SUV's are the weapon of choice for weapons - older people buy them now as they are easier to get in and out of, theres millions of the monstrosities on the road now.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42944 on: February 11, 2024, 03:20:01 pm »
Who you calling a weapon? :D

Not swapping my SUV for 99% of owners cars in this thread :D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42945 on: February 11, 2024, 03:21:45 pm »

me too. like Rob said, as you age they are a godsend.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42946 on: February 11, 2024, 03:24:05 pm »

;D

It was a Volvo, which probably adds to the guilt. The unconscious bias doesn’t kick in like it does with a BMW…

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42947 on: February 11, 2024, 03:28:07 pm »
In the UK, shitty SUV's are the weapon of choice for weapons - older people buy them now as they are easier to get in and out of, theres millions of the monstrosities on the road now.

Most of the old moneybags in Knutsford drive 4x4 tanks, must remind them of the war

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42948 on: February 11, 2024, 03:56:30 pm »

Go on, get a proper car ;)

I'm torn on my next car, do I get a more modern one but take the risks of all kinds of electrical issues, or go for an older but re-imported one from Japan, immaculate condition.

XJR 4.2l Supercharged

« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 04:02:58 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42949 on: February 11, 2024, 06:40:03 pm »
Just found about Body Shop going into administration, bugger.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42950 on: February 11, 2024, 10:44:52 pm »
Hope they manage to stay afloat, their products are top quality.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42951 on: February 11, 2024, 11:51:47 pm »

Hopefully they can avoid as many job losses as possible. In terms of the products, maybe a shift to online only or fewer stores is on the cards.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42952 on: February 12, 2024, 12:07:04 am »
Go on, get a proper car ;)

I'm torn on my next car, do I get a more modern one but take the risks of all kinds of electrical issues, or go for an older but re-imported one from Japan, immaculate condition.

XJR 4.2l Supercharged

4.2L
Supercharged

Slower than my SUV to 60 :P

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42953 on: February 12, 2024, 03:02:55 am »
People who spell lose as loose.
They are different words with different meanings.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 03:06:05 am by Brain Potter »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42954 on: February 12, 2024, 06:37:21 am »
4.2L
Supercharged

Slower than my SUV to 60 :P

Bet your SUV will roll like a fat drunk in corners though without all the electronic aids ;)

Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42955 on: February 12, 2024, 06:41:40 am »
The lad "I've got a Duke of Edinburgh award overnight thing, can you drop me and pick me up" " can I fuck, we're at the city game"

Everything he wants to do seems to interfere with my plans :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42956 on: February 12, 2024, 01:57:12 pm »
the headlines on clickbait sites are getting even worse (hard to believe).

this morning:
"FSG Stunned As New Euro Giants Thunder Into Xabi Alonso Race"
- these days nobody's ever just surprised, or even taken aback, peeved or worried, everyone's stunned all the fucking time.
- and since when does anyone "thunder" into a race?

the other day:
this one absolutely kills me. read this (it's not long) and see if the headline matches the article:
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/danny-murphy-liverpool-wife-story-32087933

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #42957 on: February 12, 2024, 03:18:05 pm »
The lad "I've got a Duke of Edinburgh award overnight thing, can you drop me and pick me up" " can I fuck, we're at the city game"

Everything he wants to do seems to interfere with my plans :butt

We got whited out on top of Kinder Scout on my DOE 30-mile walk, had to turn round back to Edale, can it and never bothered trying again. Probably a good thing, as to make up the last 4 or 5 miles we'd planned to just walk around Oldham.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #42958 on: February 12, 2024, 03:25:33 pm »
the headlines on clickbait sites are getting even worse (hard to believe).

this morning:
"FSG Stunned As New Euro Giants Thunder Into Xabi Alonso Race"
- these days nobody's ever just surprised, or even taken aback, peeved or worried, everyone's stunned all the fucking time.
- and since when does anyone "thunder" into a race?

the other day:
this one absolutely kills me. read this (it's not long) and see if the headline matches the article:
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/danny-murphy-liverpool-wife-story-32087933
What a crock of shite , anything to gain clicks
The ones I hate are the phone feeds where they say £180k a week Liverpool  player has done so and so , why mention how much a week they earn and the story (non story ) is so trivial anyway
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42959 on: February 12, 2024, 06:29:06 pm »
Seeing Taylor Swift's mug everywhere. Don't give a shit about her and don't give a shit about the Superbowl.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:09:00 pm by I've been a good boy »