Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2585607 times)

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #42800 on: February 4, 2024, 07:25:04 pm »
People who romanticise Sundays, too. Oooooh let’s go for a walk and have a roast. Fuck off.

I’d like to add the “laugh react” on Facebook. They know it’s used sarcastically by right wing freaks and dickhead football fans but it’s more engagement so fuck it. Wankers

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42801 on: February 4, 2024, 07:29:11 pm »
Cyclists think they own the road.
Yes, well they do so what you going to do about it, huh?   :D

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42802 on: February 4, 2024, 09:31:54 pm »
Youtubers always asking you to "subscribe as it helps the channel, like and subscribe" ... stupid bastards don't realise that nobody takes notice of these stupid begging requests anymore. We get it, you want us to engage so that you can make money.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42803 on: February 4, 2024, 09:40:44 pm »
I went out for the usual Saturday afternoon beers and half way thru my first pint a huge group/party shows up,kids,babies, strollers, kids in uniforms/costumes grandparents..one bartender on,although another one was due cos this was pre arranged but we killed our pints and headed over the road,can't be arsed with that chaos!

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42804 on: February 4, 2024, 10:06:49 pm »
Youtubers always asking you to "subscribe as it helps the channel, like and subscribe" ... stupid bastards don't realise that nobody takes notice of these stupid begging requests anymore. We get it, you want us to engage so that you can make money.
I agree 100%, it gets right on my wick and lately it is happening more and more. I make a point of not liking, commenting on nor subscribing to their channel, they can doo one.  O'hh and something else, these insufferable gobshites have nearly always got a thumbnail using a photo of themselves pulling the most hideous face EVER.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #42805 on: February 4, 2024, 10:14:18 pm »

City centres are the worst, with Deliveroo/Uber Eats/Just Eat delivery twats an absolute danger. Red lights, give way junctions, pavements, pedestrians... all can fuck off in the minds if these tossers.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42806 on: February 4, 2024, 10:17:50 pm »

There are rotten cyclists and rotten car drivers, good and bad in everything as they say.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42807 on: February 4, 2024, 10:23:22 pm »
There are rotten cyclists and rotten car drivers, good and bad in everything as they say.
This is the right answer.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42808 on: February 4, 2024, 10:25:04 pm »
RAWK when we don't win a game.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42809 on: February 4, 2024, 10:32:09 pm »
RAWK when we don't win a game.
As an outsider looking in, Can I just say there's been some funny posts on RAWK today. 

The Liverpool / Arsenal match thread and the Arsenal thread, all the bickering on, name calling, calling each other fannies, bottlers, bedwetters . . . . . offering somebody outside for a scrap even.    :D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42810 on: February 4, 2024, 10:45:45 pm »
As an outsider looking in, Can I just say there's been some funny posts on RAWK today. 

The Liverpool / Arsenal match thread and the Arsenal thread, all the bickering on, name calling, calling each other fannies, bottlers, bedwetters . . . . . offering somebody outside for a scrap even.    :D

I must have missed that last one 😂

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #42811 on: February 4, 2024, 10:47:51 pm »
Football. Sundays. Work. Family. Life

In no particular order.
Sunday bloody Sunday, eh?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #42812 on: February 4, 2024, 10:55:02 pm »
People who romanticise Sundays, too. Oooooh let’s go for a walk and have a roast. Fuck off.

I’d like to add the “laugh react” on Facebook. They know it’s used sarcastically by right wing freaks and dickhead football fans but it’s more engagement so fuck it. Wankers

I can't remember the last time i had a roast dinner on a Sunday, i always feel like i'm in a rush [& being a bit hungover from Saturdays doesn't help either], so tend to have a roast more midweek instead. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42813 on: February 5, 2024, 12:11:46 am »
I agree 100%, it gets right on my wick and lately it is happening more and more. I make a point of not liking, commenting on nor subscribing to their channel, they can doo one.  O'hh and something else, these insufferable gobshites have nearly always got a thumbnail using a photo of themselves pulling the most hideous face EVER.

Lmao exactly … I’d love to round up 100 vloggers a day, tie them up, and torture them with a goat.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/bl1rZGs5EdA?si=YBMY-lsP3JDBFXVV" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/bl1rZGs5EdA?si=YBMY-lsP3JDBFXVV</a>

Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #42814 on: February 5, 2024, 01:53:06 am »
Trossard.

Twat

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #42815 on: February 5, 2024, 04:36:22 am »

Can't argue with that. Saw 2 cyclists start arguments in 10 minutes last night & ride off, one a delivery driver

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42816 on: February 5, 2024, 06:41:17 am »
Can't argue with that. Saw 2 cyclists start arguments in 10 minutes last night & ride off, one a delivery driver

I know there are lunatics out there, most of us do stick to the rules though. It's why I always prefer to use the cycle lanes rather than the roads, that way you avoid the biggest idiots around.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42817 on: February 5, 2024, 08:10:52 am »
I know there are lunatics out there, most of us do stick to the rules though. It's why I always prefer to use the cycle lanes rather than the roads, that way you avoid the biggest idiots around.

The two biggest gripes I have with cyclists is those who use the road when there is a perfectly adequate cycle path right next to them and those who think they own the road.

Car drivers are bigger twats though.
Jurgen YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42818 on: February 5, 2024, 10:41:47 am »
The two biggest gripes I have with cyclists is those who use the road when there is a perfectly adequate cycle path right next to them and those who think they own the road.

Don't forget the dumbo's who cycle with no lights or even reflective clothing in the dark.  They are just asking for it and the sooner they get it the better as far as i'm concerned.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42819 on: February 5, 2024, 11:18:54 am »

Recently I was driving down the Dock Road behind one of those lycra-clad dickheads who believe they are too professional a cyclist to use the excellent cycle path that was installed along most of that road at great expense.  :butt

So, we're all crawling along as he takes up most of the road as the cycle path goes unused. I used to do 200 miles a week for work on a bike, so I know all about the difficulties involved, but cyclists like him give the rest a bad name. Not only did he shun the excellent cycle path, he also decided to ride like he owned the road too.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2024, 11:20:40 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42820 on: February 5, 2024, 11:20:41 am »
Don't forget the dumbo's who cycle with no lights or even reflective clothing in the dark.  They are just asking for it and the sooner they get it the better as far as i'm concerned.

Darwin award contenders that lot.

Said this the other day, with the blinding led headlights, dark clothes, tree coverage and led streetlights that leave big shadows, it's ettong harder to see cyclists and pedestrians, its askiing for trouble riding like that. Get some bright clothes, proper lights and give yourself a chance to be seen and to live.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42821 on: February 5, 2024, 11:31:38 am »
Everyone on bikes seems to use the pavement round here, does my fucking head in.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42822 on: February 5, 2024, 11:36:46 am »
Everyone on bikes seems to use the pavement round here, does my fucking head in.
Carry a good stout walking stick made of hickory or summat and ram it straight through the front wheel and have a little snigger as they go head 1st over the bars.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42823 on: February 5, 2024, 11:53:05 am »
Recently I was driving down the Dock Road behind one of those lycra-clad dickheads who believe they are too professional a cyclist to use the excellent cycle path that was installed along most of that road at great expense.  :butt

So, we're all crawling along as he takes up most of the road as the cycle path goes unused. I used to do 200 miles a week for work on a bike, so I know all about the difficulties involved, but cyclists like him give the rest a bad name. Not only did he shun the excellent cycle path, he also decided to ride like he owned the road too.

I get that some serious cyclists need to use the road, I suppose if you're training for a proper race, then you need to replicate the conditions, but then again, if they're doing less than 30mph and holding up traffic, they're not really a serious cyclist? I also get that some cycle paths are unfit to use, but if you aren't going at the same speed as the traffic and the path is fine, use it. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Our kid shared an image from his dashcam, fella in lycra on the A31, problem is, this is the main trunk route from Surrey to West Dorset, a very heavily used dual carriageway, you've got HGV's doing 56mph, cars doing 70mph, he was risking his life for god knows what reason.

I also hate the ignorance, if there is a queue, just pull in and let them pass - when the speed limit on single track roads was 40mph for HGVs and 50 or national for cars, if I got a queue forming behind me, I'd pull over every now and again and let the queue pass if I could, since it's been raised to 50mph, I don't now, as I find most cars don't go over 50 on those roads anyway. Just show a bit of manners, pull over, let the faster traffic pass and there's no issues, no dickheads being twats to the cyclist and no anger from drivers to cyclists. Cycling should be encouraged, but ride responsibly please.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42824 on: February 5, 2024, 11:59:10 am »
Jeez I am staying away from you lot. 😂

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42825 on: February 5, 2024, 12:18:44 pm »
This fella was just a dickhead. Ambling down the docky, holding the traffic up in his lycra when there is a fantastic cycle lane right next to the road.

I'm sure you're a responsible cyclist, Jill. Lycra or not.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42826 on: February 5, 2024, 12:39:17 pm »
Jeez I am staying away from you lot. 😂

I'm ok with cyclists in the main, its the same as any other road user, act like a dick and i'll despise you ;D

Cyclists are currently way down on my list behind women drivers, uber drivers and twats on stolen/unregistered motorbikes riding about without crash helmets. Women and Uber drivers are really boiling my piss at the minute, I'm sick of seeing them on their phones or ragging around car parks like Lewis Hamilton or sitting in lane 3 or 4 at 60 mph and Uber drivers I'm convinced half don't have a UK driving licence

The only cyclists I really have an issue with are the lycra clad ones who insist on cycling around Appleton Thorn. I know they're free to use the roads, but where they ride you have got 3 estates and on those estates you've got Mark Thompson transport, Stobart, WS Transport, Maxi Haulage, DPD, Currie European, Farmfoods and Stephen Tabner. These are country roads with very heavy HGV and van traffic, so its dangerous anyway mixing cycles and HGV's and you've got drivers coming back to depots with 10/15 mins driving time at times, getting stuck behind cyclist doing 15mph and it causes impatience - running out of hours is no excuse for being a dick, but it will happen. I passed two on Saturday going the opposite way to me, two abreast, one right near the centre line, I'm doing 50mph and its windy, we could easily accidentally kill someone just by blowing them off the bikes, which none of us wants to do.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2024, 12:42:10 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #42827 on: February 5, 2024, 12:59:04 pm »
Spotify not having a couple of songs I really want on my playlist.  Arse.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42828 on: February 5, 2024, 01:01:28 pm »
Something I've noticed more and more in recent times is female drivers using their phones in slow moving traffic. Like when there are big queues at traffic lights and you are constantly moving up, stopping, moving up...

I look in my rear view mirror and see them coming towards my back bumper whilst looking down at their phones in their hand or on their lap. Some only look up as they are inches away from hitting my car. It's damn infuriating, and it's always women or girls. They just seem to find it impossible to stay off their phones while their car is moving, and because they're trying to hide their phone use, they are having to look downwards when their car is moving rather than forwards.

Sometimes I'd love to be a copper in an unmarked car just for one day.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42829 on: February 5, 2024, 01:02:57 pm »
pretty soon ppl will be making and taking phone calls during their driving test.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42830 on: February 5, 2024, 01:04:08 pm »
pretty soon ppl will be making and taking phone calls during their driving test.
Someone, somewhere, is reading your post whilst driving.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42831 on: February 5, 2024, 01:05:16 pm »
Spotify not having a couple of songs I really want on my playlist.  Arse.

That's a real 1st world trauma right there 😁

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42832 on: February 5, 2024, 01:05:24 pm »
Someone, somewhere, is reading your post whilst driving.

:)

BOOM!!!!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #42833 on: February 5, 2024, 01:17:08 pm »
That's a real 1st world trauma right there 😁

It's heartbreaking stuff, Debs.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42834 on: February 5, 2024, 01:18:08 pm »
Something I've noticed more and more in recent times is female drivers using their phones in slow moving traffic. Like when there are big queues at traffic lights and you are constantly moving up, stopping, moving up...

I look in my rear view mirror and see them coming towards my back bumper whilst looking down at their phones in their hand or on their lap. Some only look up as they are inches away from hitting my car. It's damn infuriating, and it's always women or girls. They just seem to find it impossible to stay off their phones while their car is moving, and because they're trying to hide their phone use, they are having to look downwards when their car is moving rather than forwards.

Sometimes I'd love to be a copper in an unmarked car just for one day.

I'd love to go out in an unmarked HGV, I see so many with the phone in their lap, texting away.

Went the tip yesterday and this Audi SUV (Sports Utility my fucking arse ;D ) parks right next to me, looks at the driver and it a women yakking away on the phone as she parks - she then gets out of the car and wedges the phone under side of her head and starts emptying the car and dumping her stuff while talking away - ffs, can they not shut the fuck up for 5 minutes :butt.

Another one is Mums pushing prams/buggies, ignoring the kid while thye chat inane shite.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42835 on: February 5, 2024, 01:23:57 pm »
This fella was just a dickhead. Ambling down the docky, holding the traffic up in his lycra when there is a fantastic cycle lane right next to the road.

I'm sure you're a responsible cyclist, Jill. Lycra or not.  :)

You won't get that lycra on me! Those racing cyclists scare the hell out of me, I just get out of the way.  ;D

I'm ok with cyclists in the main, its the same as any other road user, act like a dick and i'll despise you ;D

Cyclists are currently way down on my list behind women drivers, uber drivers and twats on stolen/unregistered motorbikes riding about without crash helmets. Women and Uber drivers are really boiling my piss at the minute, I'm sick of seeing them on their phones or ragging around car parks like Lewis Hamilton or sitting in lane 3 or 4 at 60 mph and Uber drivers I'm convinced half don't have a UK driving licence

The only cyclists I really have an issue with are the lycra clad ones who insist on cycling around Appleton Thorn. I know they're free to use the roads, but where they ride you have got 3 estates and on those estates you've got Mark Thompson transport, Stobart, WS Transport, Maxi Haulage, DPD, Currie European, Farmfoods and Stephen Tabner. These are country roads with very heavy HGV and van traffic, so its dangerous anyway mixing cycles and HGV's and you've got drivers coming back to depots with 10/15 mins driving time at times, getting stuck behind cyclist doing 15mph and it causes impatience - running out of hours is no excuse for being a dick, but it will happen. I passed two on Saturday going the opposite way to me, two abreast, one right near the centre line, I'm doing 50mph and its windy, we could easily accidentally kill someone just by blowing them off the bikes, which none of us wants to do.

We've had this conversation before.  ;D

Also, remember it was a fellah on his phone who almost ran into me twice on my bike that summer. Strange day. By the time I got to the safety of the cycle lane there were people letting their dogs off the lead, so I had to break twice as these dogs came running at me! I was a nervous wreck by the end of that ride.  :o

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42836 on: February 5, 2024, 01:24:37 pm »
one night a year or so back I was driving out of a shopping mall car park, ready to turn onto a really busy road.

the car in front of me had 2 women in it, seemed like they were having a good laugh chatting with each other.

after waiting to see a spot to turn appear, she suddenly decides to give up on the turn completely and throws it into reverse.  I tap the horn to let her know I was about 6 feet behind her.

no response, but the chat is obviously still going on.

I use the horn again, longer.

nothing.

I lean on the fucking thing non-stop, and flash my lights.

she keeps coming and hits me.

no damage but I swear to god if a weapon had been close by ....

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #42837 on: February 5, 2024, 01:27:16 pm »
Went round some Ford middle age-mobile on the M60 the other day pootling along at 70 in the middle lane, phone pretty much directly in front of her face above the steering wheel. Unbelievable.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42838 on: February 5, 2024, 01:35:40 pm »
It's heartbreaking stuff, Debs.

I'm sure it is mate 😁

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42839 on: February 5, 2024, 01:40:28 pm »
I'd love to go out in an unmarked HGV, I see so many with the phone in their lap, texting away.

Went the tip yesterday and this Audi SUV (Sports Utility my fucking arse ;D ) parks right next to me, looks at the driver and it a women yakking away on the phone as she parks - she then gets out of the car and wedges the phone under side of her head and starts emptying the car and dumping her stuff while talking away - ffs, can they not shut the fuck up for 5 minutes :butt.

Another one is Mums pushing prams/buggies, ignoring the kid while thye chat inane shite.
We got the National Express down to Bristol a while back. The high seating position on the coach meant I could look into vehicles as we passed by. The amount of drivers on phones or eating their dinner was frightening.  :o