Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by DelTrotter on Today at 08:41:29 am »
Sounds like wishful thinking.

You would know to be fair  ;D
Me too, wouldn’t have to clean my own arse.

Same. Born in 78 but a slow learner.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Schmarn on Today at 08:40:16 am »

The other factor here is that Arsenal’s owners have given Arteta better backing than ours have to Klopp. After winning the league they let the team stagnate and get older which led to the disaster of 22/23. If we had Rice and they had Endo we’d have won the league this year.

Arsenal are not going to go away but equally they had very few injuries to the spine of their team and that’s likely to change at some point. They desperately need bench depth as I don’t think they could survive if they lost any of Gabriel, Saliba, Rice or Odegaard.

Hopefully we both get a mid season boost with City getting stripped and thrown out of the league.
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 08:39:55 am »
gout flareup

Sounds like a member of Arne Slot’s backroom staff.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Last post by paulrazor on Today at 08:36:51 am »
not sure why Lavia is being mentioned much with regard to "ballsing up" deals and us playing "silly beggars" with Southampton.

He played about an hour all season, could only imagine the fume if he came here and missed 3 months never mind 99% of the season
And in the past Leicester, Southampton and now Brighton have signed them.

Even Moyes at Everton signed some very good players from the Championship and a 19 year old Coleman for buttons.
Imagine signing Mahrez for £10m the season Leicester got promoted.

"Not good enough"
"We need better"
"His xG+xA isn't good enough"...

He was the PFA POTY within a year.

God forbid we sign a Kanté from Ligue 2. He's automatically not good enough but he bossed it from day one.
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Ray K on Today at 08:28:06 am »
Connections
Puzzle #340
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Even the greatest writers of irony couldn't imagine a story in which

1. A club's biggest rival is born because the former won't pay the rent

2. Their growing inferiority complex over the years is manifested in the size of the rival's stadium which causes them to decide to build a new one themselves

3. Only for their new home to put them into such debt that it ends up being owned by a third party who can charge them extortionate rent

Which will bankrupt them.
Portugal is a poor market. A lot of hype and huge fees but little substance. Like Germany, players from there tend to need time and we already have enough players like that.

There are good players everywhere and like I've been saying, it's up to the scouts to find them. That's why I never get the "there are few good XYZ out there " that's usually said because there are.

There are players in every league that are good enough for Liverpool. The complication is finding the ones that can adapt make the transition easily to this level with the caveat that it's easier to transitionfrom some leagues. Robbo and Gini were effectively Championship players when we got them.

And in the past Leicester, Southampton and now Brighton have signed them.

Even Moyes at Everton signed some very good players from the Championship and a 19 year old Coleman for buttons.
Wasn't good enough for us when we got 97 points!

I get the feeling Pep might be winging down. He is 53 and has spent almost a decade in Manchester. Its a long time to spend away from home. Its also one of the reasons I think Klopp is leaving Liverpool - almost a decade in a foreign country is a long time. I also think Pep might want to get out before any FFP shit happens.

So in that regard, Arsenal might be lucky, that we didn't have to face peak City for so long, and Arteta might get to face a Post Pep City, maybe even a City that had its wings clipped due to FFP rigging. Had Liverpool's peak Klopp cycle came a few years later, or earlier, Klopp could have really cleaned up.

That's why I caution nervous Arsenal fans who think we need to nosebleed a 'proven' manager who has 'won sumthin', as Arteta is only 42, and the worst thing we could do is bin this elite manager in the making, on the basis he 'cant get it over the line' then the line is the highest hurdle in world football. As I reckon finishing ahead of City over 38 games is the highest achievement in the modern game. Only Klopp has done it, it about 6 attempts. I dont count Conte, as he did it in Peps first year when Pep had not yet moulded City in his image.

Thats what some melt Arsenal fans say - 'get me a manager who can 'get it done'', then they shit out names like Tuchel, Conte, Flick, even that overrated Simeone. None of those managers could take a PL club and beat City and Pep over 38 games.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10