Author Topic: Re: John Henry's open letter to fans  (Read 166414 times)

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: John Henry's open letter to fans
« Reply #360 on: September 4, 2012, 09:01:10 am »
You say we're idiots for buying swansea level players then in the same breath lambast the club for not buying a player from Fulham.

We spent over 10m on a striker who both Chelsea and Roma deemed surplus and has never scored more than 10 goals in a season.

Meanwhile Swansea signed a 26 year old who scores constantly for 2m. Everton signed a 24 year old with over 30 last season for 6m.

We spend all summer negotiating for a 29 year old, who happens to be one of the most effective in the league then baulk at 6m.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: September 4, 2012, 09:03:28 am »
Interesting commentary on deadline day and this letter from Tony Barrett. I'll summarise because of the pay wall:

It's his opinion that the formation of a group to decide on transfers (and therefore provide checks and balances) is holding them up - Joe Allen being a case in point while they argued about whether he was worth £15m.
Ayre was not to blame for the Dempsey f*ck up because he was only allowed to bid at a figure Fulham would never have accepted. (Though why we didn't have back-up plans is not addressed.)
Rodgers and Ayre have a strong working relationship; bit of a strain between Rodgers and Henry now, apparently, though not 'irreparable.'

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #362 on: September 4, 2012, 09:05:48 am »
We spent over 10m on a striker who both Chelsea and Roma deemed surplus and has never scored more than 10 goals in a season.

Meanwhile Swansea signed a 26 year old who scores constantly for 2m. Everton signed a 24 year old with over 30 last season for 6m.

We spend all summer negotiating for a 29 year old, who happens to be one of the most effective in the league then baulk at 6m.

Chelsea would deem a 20 year old Villa useless. They go for the readymade player, of if they go young they go to the creme de la creme of young talent ala Hazard, Oscar. And Roma believed Destro would better suit their style of play alongside Totti and Osvaldo, rather than Borini. Borini did quite well in Roma infact. 11 goals in 23 starts I think it is.

Michu has been doing remarkably well, but that's where Gerrard plays, and with the power he holds, he's hardly getting dropped for Michu, no matter how good Michu's honeymoon period in the league has been. This window is not our problem. We could have bought fucking Falcao to score 45 a season, instead Kenny and Comolli bought Carroll. Thats the bigger problem than signing Borini or not going after Michu. Borini will turn out good, Allen already looks class. Aissaidi will hopefully be a sucess too. A lot better spending than the shit DC and KD pulled thats for sure.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #363 on: September 4, 2012, 09:06:31 am »
We Rodgers spent over 10m on a striker who both Chelsea and Roma deemed surplus and has never scored more than 10 goals in a season.

Corrected for you. This is about FSG and Henry's letter. I think the safest thing to say without contradiction is that there was a clusterfuck on the last day of the window, but the responsibility for that cannot just be laid at FSG's door as some seem desperate to do.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: September 4, 2012, 09:14:36 am »
That's fair comment, but do we give them the time to gain that experience that is specific to running an English Football Club or lambast them for being American (which seems to be one of the main criticisms in the original thread). I think Hij is spot on, but also share Roy's concern that things not everything is right within the club.

It's a choice between cock-up and conspiracy.

I think that the mistakes were pretty massive and the reaction of the fans only normal. We don´t have any other choice anyway but what if the worst comes true?

Short term we will face a very rough season, it could well be that we stuck into the second half of the table due to this thursday/sunday games, the quality of the squad and Rodgers sticking to his approach.

A short term signing would give the owners some time but it won´t happen again as they just don´t know how to react in a pressured football situation.

So we really have to hope for some luck, hope that we gain enough points in order to get through this period until FSG will adjust the quality of the squad.

It should be next on their list, Rodgers looks like a lucky strike and now they should look to strengthen the squad pronto. The income from worldwide revenues comes in regularly so what´s wrong with advancing the spending to january? I don´t think we can wait any longer...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #365 on: September 4, 2012, 09:16:17 am »
That part in TB's Times' article where he talks about Ayre's hands being tied by FSG's restrictions just highlights that we need someone, a CEO, GM, call him whatever (or her for that matter), that will get things done for the good of the club.  Ayre needs to tell the owners things they may not want to hear, but will respect in the long term.  Same goes for his relationship with Rodgers.  This person needs to be an effective conduit between the owners from across the sea and day-to-day operations here in the UK and Europe.

From all the noise coming out, it doesn't appear as though Ayre is that person, at least not right now.

Offline Gravy

• Kopite
« Reply #366 on: September 4, 2012, 09:16:40 am »
As far as possible from the "Liverpool Way" as you can get there, mate.

The Liverpool Way is dead - it went a long time ago

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: John Henry's open letter to fans
« Reply #367 on: September 4, 2012, 09:18:12 am »
Amazing that about a week before the window closed people were saying as it stood we had a team capable of improving on last year.

Now, with only losing Carroll from that, we are going to be lucky to not be a second half of the table side.

It's 3 games in, he is implementing a new style and way of playing for a lot of the side. Goals, clean sheets, and 3 pts will come.

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #368 on: September 4, 2012, 09:19:13 am »
We're a sinking ship
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline Nana

• Nacedonian Nastodon
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 4, 2012, 09:20:00 am »

Are you talking about the striker that Cesare Prandelli, one of the best managers around, considered good enough to make him part of his Euro's squad at the age of 21?

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #370 on: September 4, 2012, 09:21:29 am »
Amazing that about a week before the window closed people were saying as it stood we had a team capable of improving on last year.

Now, with only losing Carroll from that, we are going to be lucky to not be a second half of the table side.

It's 3 games in, he is implementing a new style and way of playing for a lot of the side. Goals, clean sheets, and 3 pts will come.

At that point, people were expecting to have 3 options up front, not 2. Yes, one player in a KEY position (actually THE key position for us considering we have the lowest conversion rate in the Premier League) can make a HUGE difference. Look at how the injury to Lucas affected us last year. We are now in a position where if Plan A does not work, then we're down and out.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 4, 2012, 09:24:43 am »
Interesting commentary on deadline day and this letter from Tony Barrett. I'll summarise because of the pay wall:

It's his opinion that the formation of a group to decide on transfers (and therefore provide checks and balances) is holding them up - Joe Allen being a case in point while they argued about whether he was worth £15m.
Ayre was not to blame for the Dempsey f*ck up because he was only allowed to bid at a figure Fulham would never have accepted. (Though why we didn't have back-up plans is not addressed.)
Rodgers and Ayre have a strong working relationship; bit of a strain between Rodgers and Henry now, apparently, though not 'irreparable.'

The why bid or even unsettle the player if we're not serious about bringing him in. And who set the bidding value limit? If it was FSG, then why did Werner come out and talk about his admiration for him? The minute you say you like someone, the price goes up. A 3-5m offer for a player who scores 17 goals in the PL last season is laughable, if true.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #372 on: September 4, 2012, 09:26:56 am »
That part in TB's Times' article where he talks about Ayre's hands being tied by FSG's restrictions just highlights that we need someone, a CEO, GM, call him whatever (or her for that matter), that will get things done for the good of the club.  Ayre needs to tell the owners things they may not want to hear, but will respect in the long term.  Same goes for his relationship with Rodgers.  This person needs to be an effective conduit between the owners from across the sea and day-to-day operations here in the UK and Europe.

From all the noise coming out, it doesn't appear as though Ayre is that person, at least not right now.

And this is the bigger issue: Ayre is a yes man, a company man. So is that why he keeps getting promoted? Because he's certainly not a footballing man, and he's made massive errors over the last year or two since his promotions. Where's our CEO? Where's our Sporting Director? Tony Evans was on Radio 5 yesterday saying they've headhunted for a CEO, but can't find anyone suitable. I mean FFS they've been here two years. They don't necessarily need the best Chief Exec in the world - just a decent one will do because it's more than we've got at the minute. You can't tell me Barwick, for example, could do any worse.

Where's Ayre in a crisis? Nowhere, he hides away. He did it last year with Suarez, and he should be fronting it out now trying to sort things out. Instead he'll wait for the next bit of good news to occur so he can get his face on the telly.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2012, 09:29:01 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: September 4, 2012, 09:26:59 am »

Because we knew back then that Carroll will be there to cover in case Suarez and/or Borini
- get injured
- are out of form
- are not having a good game
- need be rested for Europa league/League Cup to keep them fresh for the weekend

And as you can clearly see Borini needs time to adapt and Suarez was tired/having a bad day against Arsenal, we didn't have a SINGLE player to change the game from the bench.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: September 4, 2012, 09:29:51 am »
Henry Winters a massive, massive twat. Oh how I love the whole "premiership proven and will hit the ground running" fucking shit that he's spewing along with the "Dempsey and Van Persie, there's not much difference".

He's utter c*nt of a journo who's word is about as good as that of Harry Redknapp when he's start a sentence with "well obviously he's triffic..."

Completely agree, he's a bellend.

Plus, if he really wants to come off as being all intellectually superior using his fancy words/phrases and such at the very least he could make sure his work was free of typo's and grammatical errors.

Offline Gravy

• Kopite
« Reply #375 on: September 4, 2012, 09:32:07 am »
This club is a fuck up. If what Tony Barratt says is correct we are well and truly screwed. The manager has been here two months and he's been fucked over already

These two Yanks don't have a fucking clue.

I think it does all point to them looking to sell, and the sooner they fuck off, IMO, the better. Empty shirts full of rhetoric. As the days go on, their blunder last week gets even more staggering and is unforgiveable - how anyone can't see past this bullshit is beyond me. Maybe I'm just a cynic, but what has happened here is truly unbelieveable. Can you imagine if this had happened with the cowboys and they had left us with two strikers?
« Last Edit: September 4, 2012, 09:35:18 am by Gravy »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: September 4, 2012, 09:34:52 am »
If the Yanks weren't going to sign off on Dempsey then why did nobody think to communicate that to Rodgers? We were chasing Dempsey all summer long FFS.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #377 on: September 4, 2012, 09:37:14 am »
We're a sinking ship

I think we/re quite the opposite mate.

Without FSG we'd be gone maybe so we have a lot to thank them for, we havea good young manager who wants to play the liverpool way, it will take time but i think we'll get there.

And about our signing, honestly lads, i'd rather we not sign anyone if it meant we put the club at risk, because if the club was in the same situation as H&G, then this forum maybe no good to anyone, i thnk we have the players, but they just seem to not be performing as well as they can, hopefully BR will impose his style of football on the team and then we'll see where our team stands, 3 games in and we're already on the back of our team, manager and owners, lets give them time and support, we're Liverpool football club, not fucking money grabbing Sack your manager after 2 games Chelsea or City, give the team some time and see where we are come January.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #378 on: September 4, 2012, 09:37:55 am »

You grasp that FSG is more than just John Henry and Tom Werner?

Please tell me you do.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: September 4, 2012, 09:39:36 am »
So John Henry is deciding on the valuation's of footballers he's probably never heard of,brilliant.

It does not say that. It says various football people within the club (and a couple yet to arrive) are all involved in the assessment of players, presumably with some form of average value arrived at - and I'm sure a value weighting by age is then applied, too.

I understand the frustration of a player the manager wanted not being obtained, for the sake of £2m. But Dempsey wasn't just discussed on Thursday or Friday. If a maximum figure had been placed on Dempsey, and Rodgers had been unable in discussions to "sell" his idea and increase that valuation, he needed to move on to other targets: not conduct brinkmanship, offload Carroll to force the owners hand and, perhaps, scupper a deal for Sturridge to seek to redirect that money.

The clear 'briefing' of Barrett (and Evans, on Radio 5 last night) is very worrying - and we shouldn't assume that what is coming out is unadulterated truth without agenda of it's own. Rodgers needs to work with the structure now in place; plans were (rightly or wrongly depending on one's view) changed to secure his appointment; while he should be backed, he's not suddenly a multiple title winning manager who can demand every single aspect of the club bends to his will. No manager gets everything, or everyone, he wants. Was the briefing from Ayre? That position needs addressing regardless.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline s4ffy1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #380 on: September 4, 2012, 09:39:52 am »
Cant start a new topic as a newbie, but what are peoples thoughts on following, or if somebody wants can start a new topic we can discuss in there:

Director of Football/ Recruitment Committee

When Brendan Rodgers was recruited it was thought that the DOF role was finished at LFC, with Brendan in charge of all decision relating to player recruitment.
However what the transfer window has highlighted is that BR is not fully in charge – and Tony Barretts latest piece alludes to David Fallows (Head of Recruitment) and Michael Edwards (Head of Analytics) and possibly Ian Ayre (as CEO +negotiator) playing a key role in making these decisions. With Fallows having the role of heading up our recruitment side, and originally when Fallows news started coming out I read somewhere that Fallows was approached before the appointment of Rodgers. Edwards being in charge of trying to find “moneyball” players, providing data on players that we potentially could be signing and Ayres doing the negotiations.

What are peoples view on this structure as opposed to a DOF role and do we have any information on Fallows and Edwards?

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #381 on: September 4, 2012, 09:40:32 am »
It is not going well with the Red Sox at the moment, Henry will probably get rid one of his investments
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Gravy

• Kopite
« Reply #382 on: September 4, 2012, 09:41:18 am »
You grasp that FSG is more than just John Henry and Tom Werner?

Please tell me you do.

Of course I do, but none of them have a clue about English football. Their dealings have shown that, and ffs, they are getting involved in football decisions, when up until 2 years ago none of them had even watched a game of football

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #383 on: September 4, 2012, 09:43:05 am »
Of course I do, but none of them have a clue about English football. Their dealings have shown that, and ffs, they are getting involved in football decisions, when up until 2 years ago none of them had even watched a game of football

Very true. Sometimes experience doesn't just cut it either. Just look at Kenny in the transfer market. We're crying out for a proper structure at the club.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #384 on: September 4, 2012, 09:44:17 am »
I think we need to be careful when we talk about the owners 'fucking the club up'.  I don't think they are trying to do that.  They want to succeed.  I just think they have underestimated the size of the task.  And they should have a structure with a management team in place by now.  A management team which supports the coaching side of things.  A CEO or GM needs to knit these two parts together.  The failure in the transfer market seems to be down to operational errors, the same errors we had back in Benitez's days.  If we move to slow, we lose targets.  I simply don't think we have a network which supports our transfer strategy.

But the problem is that two years into their regime, they haven't done this.  There has been talk and maybe we will see things happen over the next few months or year but the doubts I put down to paranoia or being scarred by the H&G experience are now coming to the surface.  There are definitely questions over the owners.  But we must also support them and Rodgers as they implement their plan, which, as others have said, was only conceived this year. 

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 4, 2012, 09:46:08 am »
This club is a fuck up. If what Tony Barratt says is correct we are well and truly screwed. The manager has been here two months and he's been fucked over already

I think it does all point to them looking to sell, and the sooner they fuck off, IMO, the better. Empty shirts full of rhetoric. As the days go on, their blunder last week gets even more staggering and is unforgiveable - how anyone can't see past this bullshit is beyond me. Maybe I'm just a cynic, but what has happened here is truly unbelieveable. Can you imagine if this had happened with the cowboys and they had left us with two strikers?

Like when we had Torres and Ngog you mean?

You clearly have no idea what is happening at the club or any understanding of how a long term project works. For better or worse BR had 10 million to spend on a striker and we went for Borini - that's the reality. I think Borini will be great for us, would like to see him more centrally though.

The amount of overreaction to Dempsey-gate and a slow start to the season is embarrassing.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 4, 2012, 09:53:06 am »
I think we need to be careful when we talk about the owners 'fucking the club up'.  I don't think they are trying to do that.  They want to succeed.  I just think they have underestimated the size of the task.  And they should have a structure with a management team in place by now.  A management team which supports the coaching side of things.  A CEO or GM needs to knit these two parts together.  The failure in the transfer market seems to be down to operational errors, the same errors we had back in Benitez's days.  If we move to slow, we lose targets.  I simply don't think we have a network which supports our transfer strategy.

But the problem is that two years into their regime, they haven't done this.  There has been talk and maybe we will see things happen over the next few months or year but the doubts I put down to paranoia or being scarred by the H&G experience are now coming to the surface.  There are definitely questions over the owners.  But we must also support them and Rodgers as they implement their plan, which, as others have said, was only conceived this year.

This is what annoys me most. They say about the club being better off than when they came, financially it might be, but the structure at the club is no better to say the least. They've been here two years and still haven't got a CEO in, and leave most things with Ian Ayre.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #387 on: September 4, 2012, 09:55:32 am »
Rawk in meltdown over Clint Dempsey.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: September 4, 2012, 09:56:07 am »
The amount of overreaction to Dempsey-gate and a slow start to the season is embarrassing.

No it isnt they had 2 months to get a striker in we needed one last january please tell me where the goals are coming from when we have no striker on the bloody bench? Goals win games not Moneyball, who ever is advising them does not have a clue about football its ok getting all this sponsership money in but not when the playing side is suffering.  FSG have made a massive fuck up not giving Rodgers the money to buy a goal scorer and its one that will come back and bite them bigger than they could have ever imagined !!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #389 on: September 4, 2012, 09:57:23 am »
He says after being here for 2 years we are close to having a system in place

does that mean that there could possibly be a CEO appointment due??

We definatley need one

Offline Nana

• Nacedonian Nastodon
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 4, 2012, 09:57:56 am »
I have no intention at all in taking FSG's side in this debate, but lets look at the facts for a second. For all the good things that Rafa and Kenny have done for our club, they will be always rightfully considered as LFC legends. However, if we take a look at their purchases over the past 4 years, here is what we can see:

Rafa (after 01.07.2008)

Andrea Dossena - £7,000,000   
Philipp Degen - Bosman
Diego Cavalieri   - £3,500,000
David Ngog - £1,500,000
Robbie Keane - £19,000,000
Albert Riera - £8,000,000
Glen Johnson - £17,500,000
Alberto Aquilani - £17,100,000
Sotirios Kyrgiakos - £2,000,000
Daniel Ayala - £160,000
Maxi Rodriguez    - Free
Jonjo Shelvey - £1,700,000
Milan Jovanovic - Bosman

Kenny

Luis Suarez - £22,800,000
Andy Carroll - £35,000,000
Jordan Henderson - £16,000,000
Charlie Adam - £6,750,000
Alexander Doni - Bosman
Stewart Downing - £18,500,000
Jose Enrique - £6,000,000
Sebastian Coates - £4,900,000
Craig Bellamy - Bosman

Add to that the purchases of Roy:

Joe Cole - Bosman
Danny Wilson - £2,000,000
Christian Poulsen - £4,550,000
Brad Jones - £2,300,000
Raul Meireles - £11,500,000
Paul Konchesky - £3,500,000

I will not rate the quality of our signings over the period in question. Or the fees we have paid. Or the wages we have offered. But, before you spill your anger at FSG, take a look at that list and think about it.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: September 4, 2012, 09:58:38 am »
Seems a bit of a hatchet job to me. For instance:

I'm not saying that FSG should be absolved of all responsibility. But like Barret's article, Hunter has completely omitted Ayre and Rodger's when portioning out blame.

And seem to be setting Michael Edwards up as the scapegoat.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: September 4, 2012, 10:01:54 am »

I agree and disagree with your transfer statements yes i think we could've got better than Borini for the money and i do believe that Kenny could've spent the money better as well but for every Borini and Carroll we have a Suarez and a Allen.
Every top club has had massive failings with transfers at some point the difference is your Chelsea's, City and United can write them off whereas we cannot afford any mistakes and the fans jump on the managers at every chance, heres some transfers that the big clubs have fucked up with but it's never mentioned by media , fans of other clubs or ours for that matter.

Chelsea
Andrei Shevchenko   £30,000,000       
Yuri Zhirkov   £18,000,000   
Shaun Wright-Phillips   £21,000,000
Adrian Mutu   £15,800,000

Man Utd
Bebe   £7,400,000
Anderson   £15,000,000
Owen Hargreaves   £17,000,000
Juan Veron   £28,100,000   

Man City
Roque Santa Cruz   £17,500,000
Robinho   £32,500,000
Emmanuel Adebayor   £25,000,000
Jo   £18,000,000   

Spurs
David Bentley   £15,000,000   
Alan Hutton   £9,000,000
Roman Pavlyuchenko   £14,000,000
Robbie Keane   £12,000,000   (2nd time round)

I could have listed many many more as you can see every top club has bad experiences in the transfer window it's not only us so to just say it's Kenny and Commolis fault for everything that has transpired is wrong, there are so may other variables involved with running a succesful club and it must start from the very top down.We have to get the structure right we cannot keep on flip flopping every year when we don't realise the desired position the owners have earmarked at the start of the season.
For example last season we were 4th in the league and still in the cups everybody was happy the king was back and we were blowing teams away and only poor finishing and the woodwork stopped us from being at least 1 place higher , but then disaster struck at Chelsea when Lucas got injured which put him out for the season and then there was Luis out for 9 games and everything changed.I hear this 8th place mentioned so may times but the players lost their appetite when it became apparent that we were not getting a top 4 place.

What i am trying to say here is that it's too easy to say that it was KD and DC to blame end of story when it's a lot more complicated than that just imagine how nuts this place would be going if Kenny had bought Bebe ! it was bad enough taking a £3 million hit on Charlie Adam who had actually contributed something and remember Slurgie won fuckall last season after spending big again. Kenny should've got more time but we move on now and in Brendan we trust but every transfer he makes will not be a success but we need to cut him some slack when that does happen.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #393 on: September 4, 2012, 10:06:22 am »
FSG have made a massive fuck up not giving Rodgers the money to buy a goal scorer and its one that will come back and bite them bigger than they could have ever imagined !!!

Do you think we'll get relegated or what Lynds?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 4, 2012, 10:07:54 am »
No it isnt they had 2 months to get a striker in we needed one last january please tell me where the goals are coming from when we have no striker on the bloody bench? Goals win games not Moneyball, who ever is advising them does not have a clue about football its ok getting all this sponsership money in but not when the playing side is suffering.  FSG have made a massive fuck up not giving Rodgers the money to buy a goal scorer and its one that will come back and bite them bigger than they could have ever imagined !!!

Keyword bolded. 'They' includes Ayre and Rodgers, not just FSG. If the owners didn't sanction a workable deal for Dempsey, move on. Don't throw Carroll out of the pram to try and get your own way, or scream "I don't WANT Sturridge, I WANT Dempsey!!!". Not saying he did, but the implication is there from whatever briefing Barrett and Evans are getting. The transfer window did not open on August 30th. We should have had a striker. Rodgers prioritised central midfield - and a young forward - with the cash he had. We are left not with a "depleted" squad (it's stronger in midfield and virtually unchanged in defence), but with an unbalanced one. Whatever "operational issues" caused that need to resolved. Rodgers should also knuckle down and stop telling the press he hasn't got any strikers. We noticed, Brendan.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #395 on: September 4, 2012, 10:08:18 am »
It is not going well with the Red Sox at the moment, Henry will probably get rid one of his investments
Wouldn't be us.

No value in selling us yet.

And do you really think he's going to sell the redsox? 

No way.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #396 on: September 4, 2012, 10:09:52 am »
Keyword bolded. 'They' includes Ayre and Rodgers, not just FSG. If the owners didn't sanction a workable deal for Dempsey, move on. Don't throw Carroll out of the pram to try and get your own way, or scream "I don't WANT Sturridge, I WANT Dempsey!!!". Not saying he did, but the implication is there from whatever briefing Barrett and Evans are getting. The transfer window did not open on August 30th. We should have had a striker. Rodgers prioritised central midfield - and a young forward - with the cash he had. We are left not with a "depleted" squad (it's stronger in midfield and virtually unchanged in defence), but with an unbalanced one. Whatever "operational issues" caused that need to resolved. Rodgers should also knuckle down and stop telling the press he hasn't got any strikers. We noticed, Brendan.

I think its worth noting from our signings, that were clearly noting the longer term future of the team rather than just the short term future.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: September 4, 2012, 10:10:33 am »
If they had of bought a striker and a def midfielder last January then maybe(seen as nobody else seemed lie they wanted it) we would have got 4th and they would have champions league money coming in , this year with the loss of players that job just became twice as hard.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #398 on: September 4, 2012, 10:10:52 am »
When buying this football club with every intention of making it a successful one again (which i believe they do), it has GOT to be common sense to put the correct hierarchy in place to help you to do that surely?

A CEO. First and foremost, someone who knows football and has experience in the job, especially if you know yourself that you can't be in the country all the time to overlook things!

The lack of stability above the manager's head...be that Kenny or now Rodgers, just provides more pressure (which at this football club especially) is not needed.

The only difference between H&G where the shit filtered from the very top right the way down....is that the shit is filtering from the next stage, all the way down....and in the end the ones that feel it most are the fans and the football.

Im sure what i've just said ^ has been said before, more eloquently and with better use of the english language. But that's the way i see it.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #399 on: September 4, 2012, 10:14:08 am »
I believe under FSG, we are heading in the right direction. We are still having high earners who do fuckall for the team. Eventhough in the last summer we spent heavily, we didn't brought down the wage bill too much. But this summer, everything seems to be settled except for a few places in the squad. Still there are few more squad players who earn more than they work. I believe they will also be shifted out in the next two windows. The rumoured wages for our new signings seems to be very less than the players they have replaced and even these new players are looking good then them. I am more than satisfied with the signings we made this window. Now we dont have Champions League which means less income stream for us. If we are able to operate on a profit or even if we operate flat, then we should be very happy. I am sure that we will invest similar money as we did this summer in the next summer also and maybe depending on our league position, we might invest little in the January too. I actually commend the decision not to sign Dempsey at that asking price. He would've been offered atleast a 3 year contract with wages somewhere between 80 to 90k. With the bidding war going on, definitely the player would've asked for more wages. He will not play the same way as he did for Fulham on which I can bet.

It is very evident that FSG is not in a cost cutting spree. They are just terminating unwanted contracts and obviously extending the player's contracts whose importance to the squad is vital. They are just spending wherever it is necessary. When Rodgers was appointed, everyone knew that no one is expecting us to finish in top-4. Everyone knew that the philosophy we are going to implement, will take time for the squad to adapt. So clearly he wont be sacked and will be given apt time to compete for the top places (maybe from 2 to 3 seasons). It is clear that the management doesn't rate FA Cup or League Cup. So I cant see us competing for those cups this season. We are going to play our first 11 in the league and in rest of the cups, we are going to give chances to the youth and other squad players. We are short in depth at strike force, but that will not go un-addressed. We will sort out our squad problems over the next two summer transfer windows. I am excited at the prospect of us getting into the CL places since we will be getting more money to spend.

But still we cant believe FSG 100%, but what we can do is support them 100% and just wait and watch for the results. I would give them and Rodgers 2 years time and if we are still in the same position as we are now, then they both need to be questioned. So now, I will support my team and its management team 100% regardless of the results on and off the field.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"