Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1217100 times)

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #400 on: January 12, 2012, 04:44:37 pm »
Just saw 'Aarry's interview from last night and where he talks about everyone enjoying how they play, then they show Lennon's goal last night, a long ball from the back and a scrappy finish.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2012, 04:47:37 pm »
I’m inclined to agree. City winning gives us the “well how could we compete with that level of spending” card. Spurs winning it, given where both clubs were just 3-4 years ago would be a real headscratcher.

I think I’m in danger of overplaying it though, I still think they’ll falter at some point. Once they play City, City have a pretty easy run while Spurs have a stinker. That could put some real daylight between them.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 12, 2012, 04:48:45 pm »
Rumors that Ganso's agent was at WHL last night with Levy, apparently €18m will do the job.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #403 on: January 12, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »
Rumors that Ganso's agent was at WHL last night with Levy, apparently €18m will do the job.

Bloody hell, struggle to see how he would get in the team at the moment. But I suppose if they ease him in now he will be a good player for them in the future.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: January 12, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »
Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are weaker now compared to 2008 ish. Bar Berbatov, Spurs have improved.

Liverpool 2008/09 isa better than this Spurs team. It's only logical that they are where they are at the moment.

I would prefer city to win the league than them.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2012, 04:55:39 pm »
Spurs are an example to clubs, maybe even us, of how good amount of investment over a number of seasons can help you succeed.  I do think they have an over reliance on Modric but they have done very well and are a well run club.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: January 12, 2012, 04:56:01 pm »
Are City allowed to recall Adebayor? I know it'd be quite a dirty tactic but if they can, shouldn't they recall him now seeing as Spurs have become title contenders? Recalling him would seriously mess up Spurs' chances. Recalling him after the January window is shut, even better...
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2012, 04:58:51 pm »
Are City allowed to recall Adebayor? I know it'd be quite a dirty tactic but if they can, shouldn't they recall him now seeing as Spurs have become title contenders? Recalling him would seriously mess up Spurs' chances. Recalling him after the January window is shut, even better...

Nope, we've got him for the season. Obviously he can't play against them next week though which is a big loss.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2012, 05:03:53 pm »
Nope, we've got him for the season. Obviously he can't play against them next week though which is a big loss.
Huge loss.  Adebayor is like having Crouch and Defoe in one and then a little extra as well.  It means you can have an extra man elsewhere, normally VDV I guess.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #409 on: January 12, 2012, 05:04:18 pm »
to be honest i absolutely despise man city and spuds,mainly because of their utter fucking arrogance.

spuds = spend 1 season in the champions league and think they should by right be in it every year

shitty = spend Ł100,000,000,000 on players and 1 season in the champions league and start thinking there a big club

spuds = 2 league cups and 1 fa cup in 20 years

shitty = 1 fa cup in 30 years

but id still prefer either of those to win the league than fucking man utd

Offline joey55

• Anny Roader
« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2012, 05:10:33 pm »
To be honest I think we are more in a battle for the top 4, than the title. I think most Spurs fans feel the same. The media are bigging us up, but it's their job to keep the title race seeming as interesting as possible. Personally I'm looking at the teams beneath us more than those above us.

On a side note, I wish VDV wouild get more recognition. He's currentlty our best player in my opinion and has started to become our main focal point ahead of Modric. When he's not scoring or getting an assist, his contribution is usually unrecognised by the media and to an extend Spurs fans. There was a time when Modric had the most touches of the ball virtually every gaame, but now it's VDV and his passing is simply sensational. Even last night most Spurs fnas made BAE MOTM instead of VDV, when VDV put in one of the best midfield displays you'll see all season. He just doesn't have the eye catching style quicker players ahve and thus doesn't get the plaudits. I know he is highly rated, but not as rated as Modric and Bale, which is just plain wrong.

Offline joey55

• Anny Roader
« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »
to be honest i absolutely despise man city and spuds,mainly because of their utter fucking arrogance.

spuds = spend 1 season in the champions league and think they should by right be in it every year

There are loads of Spus forums on line, can you direct me to the threads where all these Spurs fans express this opinion?

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2012, 05:16:59 pm »
On a side note, I wish VDV wouild get more recognition. He's currentlty our best player in my opinion and has started to become our main focal point ahead of Modric. When he's not scoring or getting an assist, his contribution is usually unrecognised by the media and to an extend Spurs fans. There was a time when Modric had the most touches of the ball virtually every gaame, but now it's VDV and his passing is simply sensational. Even last night most Spurs fnas made BAE MOTM instead of VDV, when VDV put in one of the best midfield displays you'll see all season. He just doesn't have the eye catching style quicker players ahve and thus doesn't get the plaudits. I know he is highly rated, but not as rated as Modric and Bale, which is just plain wrong.
I'm sure last season there were plenty of pundits queuing up to suck his cock.

Modric is head and shoulders above him, imo.

Offline revelationx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #413 on: January 12, 2012, 07:41:04 pm »
If Spurs do win the League and pip Man City to the Title, then Adebayor's loan signing would go down in history as one of the biggest blunders in football history. For Man City that is!

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #414 on: January 12, 2012, 07:47:27 pm »
Win the league? Well they don't have that extra which title winning teams have. If City fuck up, and Man Utd. get few bad results who knows but unlikely.
Weekend after weekend, Spurs are sealing their Champions League slot though.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: January 12, 2012, 08:03:31 pm »
To be honest I think we are more in a battle for the top 4, than the title. I think most Spurs fans feel the same. The media are bigging us up, but it's their job to keep the title race seeming as interesting as possible. Personally I'm looking at the teams beneath us more than those above us.

He has been hitting some great passes in the games I've seen this season and probably why you have more cutting edge to your game. Don't think modric has actually been as great as the media hype him to be not as good as last season anyway.

Offline EssexKnobhead

• Boys Pen
« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2012, 04:40:10 pm »
There are loads of Spus forums on line, can you direct me to the threads where all these Spurs fans express this opinion?

Spurs fans in general don't think that there is any big chance of Spurs winning the league,  most Spurs fans would in fact be delighted with a top 4 spot, but bitter and twisted fans of other clubs that are not as good as Spurs are getting tetchy about Spurs doing so well,   hence it results in the idiotic and  ill informed drivel that some of them are now spouting about both Spurs as a club and our fan base.   :rollseyes
C O Y S

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »
Who do you Spurs fans want to replace Redknapp once he's fucked off to manage England after Euro 2012?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »
Well they're def in the mix.  As long as they steer clear of injuries they will challenge.  Also rode their luck in a couple of games over the Xmas period, but then any team which wins the title needs this.  Any injury to the likes of Bale or Modric will have a huge impact. 

UTD are no great shakes but will keep picking up points as per usual.  If city's recent form is just a blip then they should be ok.  City v Spurs in couple of weeks is obviously the '6 pointer' cliche.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2012, 09:07:51 pm »
I'd rather Man City won it than Spurs, I think. The wankfest would be unbearable. Plus, I think if Spurs actually won the league they could really push on and make it even harder for us to win it in the future.
If they won the lg they could become a force, I am sure of it. Wages and appeal is what has held them back in the past, Winning a title, Cl football and talk of  a new stadium would put them in a very good position. They are the sort of club that would go for top players that improve the team rather than 2 or 3 good players that improve the quantity.
Levy is ambitious and he is a big factor behind Spurs success.
It's hard for me to admit that because Spurs is one of the clubs I detest most, but credit to them.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »
Who do you Spurs fans want to replace Redknapp once he's fucked off to manage England after Euro 2012?

Sam Allardyce please.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2012, 09:19:32 pm »

I really, really hope this is bullshit.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2012, 09:23:32 pm »

Spurs fans in general don't think that there is any big chance of Spurs winning the league,  most Spurs fans would in fact be delighted with a top 4 spot, but bitter and twisted fans of other clubs that are not as good as Spurs are getting tetchy about Spurs doing so well,   hence it results in the idiotic and  ill informed drivel that some of them are now spouting about both Spurs as a club and our fan base.   :rollseyes
Why didn't you just come out and name Liverpool? Cheeky fucker.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2012, 09:25:41 pm »
Tottenham aren't going to win the title and neither are Man City, in my opinion. United are gonna run away with it unfortunately because they have the winning mentality and they've been coping with a ridiculous amount of injuries and not let it affect them. I don't think Man City have that yet and I can see a loss or a couple of injuries derailing Tottenham still.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2012, 09:39:47 pm »
They are doing fantastically well, but winning the league? No, sorry but they dont have enough to go all the way.

For the record i agree with Matt, City havent yet got the mentality or the experience to pull it off i dont think. United will just edge it for me.

Spurs are going to hit a tough run of games which will take a lot out of them, which could then affect the few matches after that. They will finish closer to 4th than they will whoever finishes 1st.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2012, 09:53:52 pm »
They will surely bottle it but they have a chance.

Still see United winning it though.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:44 pm »
If they win the league it will go down as the greatest achievement in premiership history imo.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2012, 10:06:33 pm »
Don't see why they shouldn't win it.  They're as good as the other teams up there on form.  As long as they don't bottle it in head-to-heads against the other big teams.  Spurs have been the perennial bottlers and under achievers given their relative stature.  One of the big teams in London in terms of support/size etc.  Yet consistently have failed to deliver and generally struggled down the yrs to make a mark, save the odd FA cup win which was celebrated like a world cup win such was the extent to which the club became starved of success.

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 14, 2012, 12:21:33 am »
BBC just reported a PI hired by the club during the whole Olympic stadium business has been arrested for tapping phones.  Karen Bradys I believe.  The club could be in serious trouble for this surely ?
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2012, 12:30:36 am »
They have all the momentum right now, they are also the best "team" atm. Can they carry it on for the season? I wouldn't begrudge them it.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #431 on: January 14, 2012, 12:31:37 am »
If they win the league it will go down as the greatest achievement in premiership history imo.

Pretty much.

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #432 on: January 14, 2012, 12:50:26 am »
I suppose you could say that February could make/break their season.  After they play us they've got some tough fixtures. 
Mind you they've managed to cope thus far pretty well but it all depends if they can keep their core and big name players happy and fit...

wouldn't like them to go all the way tho... don't know why but i absolutely despise 'arry (i should be working for skysports, maybe i am) redknapp
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 14, 2012, 01:03:06 am »

'Arry hasn't even heard of him.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #434 on: January 14, 2012, 01:04:33 am »
Would people rather they won the league than either of the Mancs? Or would it just be more painful that another side wins it (City winning it could be written off to an extent in the way Chelsea's could be)?

That said, they and United both have nearly all their big games to come away from home. City (and us and Arsenal for that matter) have most of the teams around us to come at home.

I would rather Manchester United won the next three in a row than Spurts win one.

Manchester United are a fading force (Unless they get investment, new players and a new manager and new owners) but if Spurts win a league then that puts a new player in there apart from Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City.

Any new team up there makes it harder at the top.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 14, 2012, 01:12:03 am »
'Arry hasn't even heard of him.
Levy did and is a big fan.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #436 on: January 14, 2012, 02:09:16 am »
Rafa, but that will never fly! Especially as I'm not a Spurs fan ;-)
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #437 on: January 14, 2012, 02:19:27 am »
Rafa, but that will never fly! Especially as I'm not a Spurs fan ;-)

Nah, the media have done a terrific hatchet job on Rafa. There's no way he's getting a high-profile job in England, that too in London replacing the media darling 'Arry.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2012, 02:21:35 am »
I really hope Rafa doesn't ever manage Spurs.

They can be a real force with Rafa. It would be good if they go for someone like MoN or Hughes.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2012, 02:34:15 am »
At some stage someone on here willbe brave eough to say Harry Redknapp is a terrific manager. It's not diffivult