Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4227030 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #76160 on: May 17, 2024, 02:38:41 pm »
Breaking the law is still immoral. It was meant to be light hearted anyway.

I don't think the mind games will work with Usyk

I'd hope so! Went to the first AJ fight at the Spurs stadium and he's an absolute master of his craft, he's definitely got the tools to win

Chopping people up is immoral, executing children is fucking immoral, trying to put those in the same bracket as breaking any law, well that makes you look like a tool.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76161 on: May 17, 2024, 02:39:54 pm »
Breaking the law is still immoral. It was meant to be light hearted anyway.

Some laws are immoral themselves.

Stinging people for £200 a month then making them pay £25 or £30 on top to watch a fight is more immoral in my view than paying someone £60 a year to watch TV.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #76162 on: May 17, 2024, 02:55:00 pm »
All this from a light hearted comment. You lot are a precious bunch aren't you?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76163 on: May 17, 2024, 03:04:45 pm »
The internet is a very serious business.

No room for light heartedness here thank you very much.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #76164 on: May 17, 2024, 03:06:58 pm »
As I'm finding out, I'm sure I'll adjust to getting outraged over absolutely nothing in time

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76165 on: May 17, 2024, 03:23:59 pm »
All this from a light hearted comment. You lot are a precious bunch aren't you?

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #76166 on: May 17, 2024, 03:40:52 pm »
That's a 2/1 shot versus 5/1.  ;D

Usyk doesn't have huge HW power really and Fury has a solid chin and great recovery. I'm going to have a bet on a draw or Usyk to win by DQ.

Fury coming in so light is an interesting one, hard to know who that benefits more.
I'd be rather surprised if Usyk won by stoppage (unless Fury gets cut) as it's the least likely outcome IMO. That being said, there's a danger that Fury will be weaker and have less punch resistance than expected if he is indeed light on the scale.

Though it's a toss up on paper, I suspect one fighter will win easily, I just don't know who 🤣

Great analysis William btw.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76167 on: May 17, 2024, 04:05:04 pm »
Best bet is Fury on points lads.  :wave

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76168 on: May 17, 2024, 04:26:13 pm »
Lewis and Holyfield chilling watching sparring.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76169 on: May 17, 2024, 04:29:01 pm »
Undercard is semi decent too.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76170 on: May 17, 2024, 04:42:40 pm »
Opetiaa v Breidis was a bit of a war the first time round wasn't it?  I didn't see it but saw Opetiaa won it with a broken jaw.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76171 on: May 17, 2024, 05:13:53 pm »
Aye and Breidis isn;t what he used to be.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #76172 on: May 17, 2024, 05:15:00 pm »
Going for a Fury win. Points

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #76173 on: May 17, 2024, 06:14:51 pm »
When I grow up I want to be Usyk. I don't think anybody would want to emulate a Fury. Unless you are a twat.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76174 on: May 17, 2024, 06:24:26 pm »
When I grow up I want to be Usyk. I don't think anybody would want to emulate a Fury. Unless you are a twat.

What do you mean you dosser? You're a right sausage.

I agree by the way, the Fury family are all helmets.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76175 on: May 17, 2024, 06:26:05 pm »

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #76176 on: May 17, 2024, 07:13:12 pm »
Surprise with Usyks weight!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76177 on: May 17, 2024, 07:13:17 pm »
Fury is a weird case, he had such a poor showing against Ngannou when he should've blasted him out of there like AJ did, even without training. Going for Usyk majority decision.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #76178 on: May 17, 2024, 07:17:32 pm »
Fury being a dick at weigh in by putting his head into Usyk. Really hope Usyk knocks him out, if it goes the distance then I think Fury wins, whether he deserves it or not. Fury will just turn it into a bore fest by trying to hold onto Usyk and wear him down with his weight.

Surprise with Usyks weight!

Wouldn’t be surprised if Usyk had some weights in his jeans when he was weighed!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76179 on: May 17, 2024, 07:35:15 pm »

Tyson Fury - 262lbs

Oleksandr Usyk - 233½lbs

Fury 15.7lbs lighter than last fight.

Usyk 12.6lbs heavier than last fight.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #76180 on: May 17, 2024, 07:50:50 pm »
Fury getting frustrated cos his mind games aren't working

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76181 on: May 17, 2024, 07:54:26 pm »
Don’t really follow boxing much since everything went onto pay per view but has Tyson ever been beaten?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76182 on: May 17, 2024, 07:56:26 pm »
Officailly he hasn't but unofficially he's got a few dodgy wins including his last one.  :D

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76183 on: May 17, 2024, 08:03:33 pm »
Officailly he hasn't but unofficially he's got a few dodgy wins including his last one.  :D
A few? Which of his other 9 non KO/TKO victories were dodgy?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #76184 on: May 17, 2024, 08:09:45 pm »

McDermott 1 was a very fortunate points decision

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76185 on: May 17, 2024, 08:11:22 pm »

McDermott fight? Maybe the first Chisora fight even though he got a UD?  :D

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76186 on: May 17, 2024, 08:24:50 pm »
The McDermott fight is an odd one. A close one for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily say McDermott won it as obviously as many articles written these past few days claim. A draw would have been the fair result. Looking at the fan scores from that time, most agree too.

He completely outboxed Chisora in that fight, it was a slug fest but not that close to even call it dodgy.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #76187 on: May 17, 2024, 08:33:51 pm »
Though it's a toss up on paper, I suspect one fighter will win easily, I just don't know who 🤣

Think that's a great line and it sums up my thinking at the minute as well.

Theres a lot of variabilities in this and they all come from Furys side

- is Fury shot, he was fucking dreadful v Ngannou, was it mainly from barely training and having no focus because no one thought Ngannou had a chance? Has Fury spent too long out of shape fighting nobodies?

- Has Fury lost too much weight.  I've long been of the opinion that everyone who fights Usyk is going about it the wrong way.  AJ and Dubois came in light too, maybe the Usyk opponents should be coming in heavy to use their actual advantages instead and try to rag doll him.  I feel like Chisora got the strategy right in the 1st 6 rounds v Usyk.

The other variable would surround Furys mental state and focus, and for me that is spot on for this fight.  Fury is bang up for this fight and he is always at his best when he has a point to prove and his worst when he thinks he can walk through someone without trying (McDermott, Cunningham, Nganou etc). Fury knows many of the boxing fraternity are tipping him to lose again ( Joshua, Groves, Haye, Nelson, Froch, Bellew etc) and I think Fury likes feeling like the underdog with a point to prove.

You look at all these variables for Fury and then you look at Usyk and it's the opposite, you know exactly what you're gonna get with him, the same consistency as always.

It's tough for many to predict this because its hard to envisage how their styles are going to gel and how they will adapt to each other.  I dont think a knockout for either fighter is as unrealistic as many think, but I'll go for a 116-112 type of decision for Fury
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 08:36:40 pm by William Regal »

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #76188 on: May 17, 2024, 08:37:48 pm »
Not sure how to call this, I’d like to see Fury beaten but him rising from the canvass after Widler put him down is still in my mind, it’s hard beat a man who’s body reacts like that. Normally your legs won’t do what you want them to do after that type of a knockdown but his did and he stayed on them and recovered.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #76189 on: May 17, 2024, 08:42:03 pm »

Yeah, McDermott 1, Fury was fucking terrible, I watched it again a couple of months ago, Fury was all over the place, tight decision but Fury couldn't have had any complaints had the decision gone the other way.  Fair play to Fury for rematching him and putting the record straight.

Chisora 1, Fury was actually the underdog, both unbeaten, Chisora definitely had his moments in that fight but I think Fury won it relatively clearly on the cards

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #76190 on: May 17, 2024, 08:47:19 pm »
The McDermott fight is an odd one. A close one for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily say McDermott won it as obviously as many articles written these past few days claim. A draw would have been the fair result. Looking at the fan scores from that time, most agree too.

He completely outboxed Chisora in that fight, it was a slug fest but not that close to even call it dodgy.

Fury was fucking terrible in that fight, you watch that fight and you can understand why so many people thought Fury was shite for so long.  I know it's common story after that fight John Fury waited for McDermott in the car park afterwards and promised him the rematch because he thought he was shafted on the cards

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76191 on: May 17, 2024, 08:53:42 pm »
Fury was fucking terrible in that fight, you watch that fight and you can understand why so many people thought Fury was shite for so long.  I know it's common story after that fight John Fury waited for McDermott in the car park afterwards and promised him the rematch because he thought he was shafted on the cards
I don't disagree he was shite, yes, but the fight wasn't as lopsided as it's made out to be. You said it yourself, mate, a tight one hence a draw would have been the most fair outcome imo. Anyway, it's as dodgy a decision as that 115-111 scorecard in Wilder's favor the first time they met. Fury was robbed big time back then.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76192 on: May 17, 2024, 09:10:37 pm »
Also not sure if anyone here's into gaming but we finally have a console boxing game after 13 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kikglPr3I4I&list=LL&index=3&t=5s&ab_channel=Undisputed

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76193 on: May 17, 2024, 10:06:44 pm »
Tyson lost that first McDermott fight to my recollection. But he did give him a rematch and battered him. Chisora 1 not a robbery, Derek was very subdued in the leadup to that fight and he came in very heavy which has people betting on Fury. To my mind he has had 2 questionable decisions, McDermott 1 and Ngannou

As for the fight, I think Usyk does it. Very ugly, very scrappy, contentious but clear. Think his feet will be too good and Fury isn't that hard to find

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76194 on: May 17, 2024, 10:14:31 pm »
Even Tyson Fury himself doesn't think he beat McDermott ;D

As I recall it had something to do with an old beef between the referee and McDermott's old man from their own boxing days.

I didn't watch the Ngannou fight, but he'd also have a KO loss to his name if the referee in the first Wilder fight could count to 10.  Mind you, he probably should have got the decision after that.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76195 on: May 17, 2024, 10:17:15 pm »
Don’t really follow boxing much since everything went onto pay per view but has Tyson ever been beaten?

An MMA fighter knocked his c*nt in

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76196 on: May 17, 2024, 10:42:15 pm »
I think Fury is a big fight fighter, i expect him to do it.

I know people don't like Fury but if Usyk does manage to beat him I hope it gets respected as the incredible achievement it is. Maybe Fury and Joshua won't go down as all timers but they've still been the best doing it the past decade and on paper should beat an Usyk all day.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #76197 on: May 17, 2024, 11:00:05 pm »
For me I think it will depend on how much damage Fury can do in the first few rounds. Usyk has an incredible fighting IQ. He works fighters out. Starts reading their leads and feints and just counter-punches them to death once he works them out.

Joshua would be a good example. Fighters end up scared of throwing punches because they know what is coming back. I think Fury will come out sit down on his punches and try and hurt Usyk. If that doesn't work then his only hope is Jab and Grab.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #76198 on: May 17, 2024, 11:01:32 pm »
People are ignoring the cut over Fury's right eye as well. That scar does not look fully healed at all and Usyk will target it and open it right back up. Might have a massive impact on the fight.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #76199 on: May 18, 2024, 12:19:59 am »
At this point in time these two are the best by a mile so thankfully it's finally on. Looking forward to it 😁