Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4228162 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #66720 on: May 23, 2021, 04:32:19 am »
Wtf,I can't believe I missed the fight, how is a main event at Vegas on that early.

I feel the same, I'm fcking fuming. Annoying thing is I woke up at 2.45 and thought too early. Never have I known a Vegas main event to start at 3.15

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #66721 on: May 23, 2021, 05:04:53 am »
Dont usually watch fights that go t the scorecards after they've happened but I have to watch this.

Great win for Taylor. Undisputed in 18 fights, only Usyk with 15 fights done it quicker.

Hopefully Taylor can calm down a bit now. Outside of the ring, all of the antics that Taylor does wont serve him well against the 147lb killers. Even before getting to the champs there are monsters like Ortiz Jnr, Jaron Ennis etc

Does Taylor move up though. I could see him fighting Catterall and then Teófimo López moving up and having a mega fight with Taylor. I think 147lbs might just be cash out fights for Taylor in a couple of years time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66722 on: May 23, 2021, 05:06:21 am »
He should stay at 140lbs for as long as he can but he will probably chase the money up at 147lbs

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66723 on: May 23, 2021, 07:04:26 am »
Wtf,I can't believe I missed the fight, how is a main event at Vegas on that early.
Wanted it to finish before the NBA playoffs I think

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66724 on: May 23, 2021, 07:07:16 am »
Dont usually watch fights that go t the scorecards after they've happened but I have to watch this.

Great win for Taylor. Undisputed in 18 fights, only Usyk with 15 fights done it quicker.

Hopefully Taylor can calm down a bit now. Outside of the ring, all of the antics that Taylor does wont serve him well against the 147lb killers. Even before getting to the champs there are monsters like Ortiz Jnr, Jaron Ennis etc
What are his antics out of the ring? Heard a few people say that now.

Agreed that Teofimo López fight would ve good but don't see why he wouldd move up.

I can see Crawford being the fight.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #66725 on: May 23, 2021, 07:37:51 am »
What a fucking fight that was. The two knockdowns were beautiful in their own right

Echo some of the comments in here; that’s what you get when two fighters meet in their prime, travesty it wasn’t on TV here and it’s the type of fight that would attract new fans

What are Sky playing at? BBC had Bellator, BT had UFC and Sky had....

Taylor becomes only the 5th undisputed champion in boxing history after Hopkins, Jermaine Taylor, Usyk and Crawford...some achievement in his 18th pro fight and some company to sit alongside

Most of the fight here https://youtu.be/ErZh176nCfQ

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66726 on: May 23, 2021, 08:07:20 am »
Gonna watch Taylor back later, what a magnificent achievement! Heard talk of Crawford?

As for Fury Aj, the more I think about it the more I think the poster in here was right that Fury doesn't want it. Signed to fight Wilder a few days after the court decision means those negotiations been ongoing for ages and he hasn't said anything

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66727 on: May 23, 2021, 08:28:58 am »
Impressive from Taylor. Didn't have it as close as the judges did, that's for sure. Agree that he needs to stay at 140 for a while because I don't think he'll have a good time at 147.

He also needs to knock the WWE stuff on the head but that's modern boxing I suppose.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #66728 on: May 23, 2021, 10:52:24 am »
One of the great performances by a British boxer in the States. How Sky can show the likes of Chisora on ppv and not get an undisputed fight  between 2 unbeaten champions is beyond belief. Thank god for boxingtorrents

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66729 on: May 23, 2021, 01:13:07 pm »
Undisputed Light Welterweight Champion in 18 fights is some achievement.  Fantastic performance from Josh.

Welterweight is another level though, might get found out with the top boys.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #66730 on: May 23, 2021, 01:24:44 pm »

As for Fury Aj, the more I think about it the more I think the poster in here was right that Fury doesn't want it. Signed to fight Wilder a few days after the court decision means those negotiations been ongoing for ages and he hasn't said anything

Dangerous game to play. Fury obviously thinks Wilder is an easy nights work and isn't keen on paying him $20m step aside money anyway but one punch and it's all down the pan. Then again he could be fighting Usyk for the belts this time next year  ;D

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66731 on: May 23, 2021, 01:50:56 pm »
Dangerous game to play. Fury obviously thinks Wilder is an easy nights work and isn't keen on paying him $20m step aside money anyway but one punch and it's all down the pan. Then again he could be fighting Usyk for the belts this time next year  ;D

I think he probably has more chance of fighting Usyk for all the belts than Wilder does.

And I don't think Usyk has much of a chance at all. We know Wilder has the one punch power, but I don't think Fury lets him land.

It certainly seems like Fury doesn't want the Joshua fight, but Tyson Fury has to be heavy favourite for it surely? Rarely seen a boxer capable of dragging a fight down to his style and his terms.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66732 on: May 23, 2021, 01:53:11 pm »
I would be very nervous about Usyk if I were AJ. He's not as small as people think and he's not entirely feather fisted either. He's had his chin tested down at cruiserweight through the likes of Breidis too.

I'd come in big and try to blow him away early if it were me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66733 on: May 23, 2021, 02:51:17 pm »
Usyk is a small Heavyweight thought mate compared to the Super Heavies. If Wilder or AJ land flush I'd like to see if he can take it and come forward.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66734 on: May 24, 2021, 03:22:26 pm »
Undisputed Light Welterweight Champion in 18 fights is some achievement.  Fantastic performance from Josh.

Welterweight is another level though, might get found out with the top boys.
Has to be in the SPOTY running, doesn't he?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66735 on: May 24, 2021, 04:48:38 pm »
In the top 10 sure.  :D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66736 on: May 24, 2021, 05:02:46 pm »

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #66737 on: May 24, 2021, 05:14:28 pm »
Don't know much about boxing rules, but I thought the 2nd knockdown of Ramirez was caused in part by the referee grabbing Ramirez's right arm while they were clinched, causing him to relax for a second thinking the referee was breaking them up. I know "protect yourself at all times" but I thought it was terrible refereeing.

Is it common for referees to touch fighters and then not get between them?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66738 on: May 24, 2021, 05:41:21 pm »
Don't know much about boxing rules, but I thought the 2nd knockdown of Ramirez was caused in part by the referee grabbing Ramirez's right arm while they were clinched, causing him to relax for a second thinking the referee was breaking them up. I know "protect yourself at all times" but I thought it was terrible refereeing.

Abysmal refereeing but you do have to protect yourself at all times.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66739 on: May 24, 2021, 05:47:54 pm »
Has to be in the SPOTY running, doesn't he?
The 'personality' part might be an issue for him...

Also if Fury/Joshua happens and one of them unifies the heavyweight division then he's got no chance.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66740 on: May 24, 2021, 05:50:18 pm »
The 'personality' part might be an issue for him...

Also if Fury/Joshua happens and one of them unifies the heavyweight division then he's got no chance.

Only for people who still don't understand its not about who is the funniest or most entertaining and realise the 'personality'' is literally just meant to be which sports person has had the best year.

Anyway, it's an Olympic year and no one stands a chance against someone who's won a few medals.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66741 on: May 24, 2021, 05:53:16 pm »
I agree only if Joshua/ Fury don't fight before the end of the year, If they do then whoever wins that wins SPOTY.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66742 on: May 24, 2021, 05:54:08 pm »
Only for people who still don't understand its not about who is the funniest or most entertaining and realise the 'personality'' is literally just meant to be which sports person has had the best year.

Anyway, it's an Olympic year and no one stands a chance against someone who's won a few medals.
I think there's a difference though between being a bit boring and actively being a helmet!

Also it's a public vote and no one over here has heard of him for whatever reason so he doesn't stand a chance.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66743 on: May 24, 2021, 05:57:23 pm »
I agree he doesn't stand a chance but people need to realise its not a vote about who they are as a person but about their achievements in the sporting world over the last year

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66744 on: May 25, 2021, 02:57:15 pm »
Grandad calling out AJ.  ;D

Luis Ortiz: Usyk is Too Small, Anthony Joshua Should Fight Me! http://dlvr.it/S0MzVp

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66745 on: May 25, 2021, 03:04:25 pm »
:lmao

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66746 on: May 25, 2021, 11:03:14 pm »
Joshua would put him in a wheelchair, if he isn't in one already.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66747 on: May 26, 2021, 08:12:57 am »
Grandad calling out AJ.  ;D

Luis Ortiz: Usyk is Too Small, Anthony Joshua Should Fight Me! http://dlvr.it/S0MzVp

Gonna be hitting supraphysiological amounts of PED's :lmao

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66748 on: May 26, 2021, 12:16:28 pm »

It is for Kenny Bayless, truly awful ref.  You want to see him in fights where there's a lot of clinching.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #66749 on: May 26, 2021, 12:17:33 pm »
It is for Kenny Bayless, truly awful ref.  You want to see him in fights where there's a lot of clinching.
Isn't he in his 70s now?

Where are the young lads and lassies coming through?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #66750 on: May 26, 2021, 03:36:05 pm »

I think there is a balance and refs sometimes get it wrong, I love a good old inside tear up and you often can't get there if the ref breaks the fighters up at any sign of a clinch. Ramirez and Taylor are great inside fighters and I'd have loved to have seen them work on the inside but he broke it up the minute they touched each other!

I do think that was fair-ish from Bayless as both fighters couldn't capitalise but when Cortez reffed Hatton and Mayweather, it was purely intentionally to not allow Ricky to work on the inside where he would have enjoyed success

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66751 on: May 27, 2021, 01:21:47 am »
Ducking Josh already.  :D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66752 on: May 27, 2021, 10:18:02 am »
"I need the Vegas judges otherwise I'll lose"

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66753 on: May 27, 2021, 10:38:49 am »
"I need the Vegas judges otherwise I'll lose"
;D

Yeah I accept the point about home cooking over here, but lets not pretend things are any better over there!

Remember, Taylor dominated that fight and scored two KDs, and all three judges gave it to him by one round!

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66754 on: May 28, 2021, 09:23:53 am »
;D

Yeah I accept the point about home cooking over here, but lets not pretend things are any better over there!

Remember, Taylor dominated that fight and scored two KDs, and all three judges gave it to him by one round!
I think that scoring was fair, to be honest, and I do think we have the most biased judging in the world now. It is embarrasing.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66755 on: May 28, 2021, 12:57:54 pm »
Josh Taylor's response to Teofimo Lopez.  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66756 on: May 28, 2021, 12:59:48 pm »
Teofimo is undisputed. Not his fault the WBC are crooks

Haney should be ashamed to wear that belt around his waist. He got that shit off of Gmail

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66757 on: May 28, 2021, 01:02:29 pm »
Should be but isn't mate. Cold hard facts.  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66758 on: May 28, 2021, 01:03:59 pm »
WBC need to knock this franchise bollocks on the head. If you want a secondary title just do what WBA do. At least we know that it is a secondary title then

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66759 on: May 29, 2021, 11:01:32 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t5QK2ufOc4M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t5QK2ufOc4M</a>

Great interview by John Fury. Very honest assessment of the whole situation. He more or less agrees with Hearn's take on things. His son should listen to him and take heed. Also I don't know about anyone else but some of Tyson's antics in the media recently is starting to make me think he is back on the sniff again. I hope this isn't the case as I'm a big fan of his as some of you may know from previous posts.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 11:04:07 am by HardworkDedication »