Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4215626 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60440 on: July 13, 2019, 11:19:27 am »
I don't see the appeal of that ight anymore, maybe 3 years ago but not now. Both are on the slide and have been broken in the previous fights. Think they'll meet in about 10 years when both have made bad spending decisions and need a paycheck.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #60441 on: July 13, 2019, 11:42:27 am »
How he avoids Brook is amazing.

All he cares about is the money and waning hold on to not getting beat by a Uk boxer.

Embarrassing. He highlights everything that's wrong with boxing currently.

How...?

It’s not difficult to avoid fighting someone Fordy.

It doesn’t really matter though, Kell Brooks moved on. He’s hit the big time, just about beating Michael Zerafa. They’re both walking knockouts for the best in the division now. Pacquiao would probably beat them both at the same time.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60442 on: July 13, 2019, 02:18:17 pm »
We've been through this. It's possible that Brook and Khan are BOTH dickheads...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #60443 on: July 13, 2019, 07:26:20 pm »
Dubois v Gorman tonight at 10.

Two undefeated british heavyweights going at it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60444 on: July 13, 2019, 09:57:02 pm »

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60445 on: July 13, 2019, 10:03:34 pm »
How he avoids Brook is amazing.

All he cares about is the money and waning hold on to not getting beat by a Uk boxer.

Embarrassing. He highlights everything that's wrong with boxing currently.
Brook's CV is utter shite you know. He has spent his career fighting pretty low level fighters. Khan is, and always has been, a large paycheck and greater recognition for him. Much as I think Khan is a bellend, his has been the better career.

Interested in this Joyce vs Jennings fight. Joyce could lose this IMO.

Wait is this the same card as Dubois vs Gorman? If so, how the fuck is this the B side fight?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:05:11 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline King_doggerel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60446 on: July 13, 2019, 10:20:34 pm »

Offline King_doggerel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60447 on: July 13, 2019, 11:24:09 pm »
]
has anyone got a better stream as this is unstable pls

anyone please?

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JohnnyNI

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60450 on: July 13, 2019, 11:59:42 pm »
Impressed by Dubois, think he gives Joyce a run for his money.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60451 on: July 14, 2019, 12:09:20 am »
Impressed with Dubois, he seemed to punch harder than Gorman was expecting.

Offline King_doggerel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60452 on: July 14, 2019, 12:20:51 am »
https://www.viprow.net/daniel-dubois-vs-nathan-gorman-1-online-stream

thanks for that.

what next for DDD? Still a pup at 21 but I believe seasoned enough to go for the European strap

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60453 on: July 14, 2019, 07:44:00 am »
Dubois looked good if a bit wild.

Joyce is utter shite.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60454 on: July 14, 2019, 01:47:06 pm »
thanks for that.

what next for DDD? Still a pup at 21 but I believe seasoned enough to go for the European strap
He would be better off trying to win the Lonsdale belt outright. He is 21 and has had 12 professional contests. Absolutely no need to rush him but I'm willing to bet he probably will be. Joyce ain't close to being elite but I wouldn't be putting Dubois in there with him just yet. Dubois' skill set is coming along but he has enjoyed a physical advantage over his opponents so far. That won't be the case with Joyce.

He should focus on beating three decent level Brit opponents and get that Lonsdale belt outright before doing anything else. Sharpen the skills, get used to fighting in relatively 'big' contests in terms of attention, and go from there.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #60455 on: July 14, 2019, 01:48:15 pm »
sky have got a cheek putting Dillian Whyte on fucking box office.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60456 on: July 14, 2019, 01:59:32 pm »

This will be the 3rd time in a row he's been on box office.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #60457 on: July 14, 2019, 02:09:39 pm »
This will be the 3rd time in a row he's been on box office.

that's no better

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60458 on: July 14, 2019, 04:39:49 pm »
Is the Wilder v Ortiz rematch confirmed for September does anyone know?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60459 on: July 14, 2019, 09:53:01 pm »
True but I'll be getting it because there could be a couple of decent scraps; in a pub brawl kind of way. It also gives me rare control over the TV in the house!

Is the Wilder v Ortiz rematch confirmed for September does anyone know?
Supposedly confirmed for late September, but some noise about Wilder vs Fury now instead.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60460 on: July 14, 2019, 10:14:38 pm »
So next weekend there's...

Chisora v Szpilika
Whyte v Rivas
Thurman v Pacqiao

Chisora and Whyte are heavy favourites with Pacqiao a slight favourite.

Is it likely we'll see a few shocks?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60461 on: July 14, 2019, 10:34:30 pm »
I don't think anyone cares about Chisora v Spilka, both journeymen who are nowhere near the elite.

Whyte v Rivas will be a good dust up but Whyte should be able to see it through. Thurman v Pacquiao I think will be a split decision for Thurman.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60462 on: July 15, 2019, 08:55:22 am »
So next weekend there's...

Chisora v Szpilika
Whyte v Rivas
Thurman v Pacqiao

Chisora and Whyte are heavy favourites with Pacqiao a slight favourite.

Is it likely we'll see a few shocks?
You forget Price vs Allen. (I know it's a bog standard domestic fight but they can be crackers) I'm hoping for a phone booth tear up but Price will probably get KO'd inside 4-5 rounds. His best chance is if Allen decides to be daft and goes toe to toe in the first three rounds.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60463 on: July 15, 2019, 11:27:05 am »
What the fuck does anyone see in Joyce? Reckon I've seen faster moving snails.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60464 on: July 15, 2019, 11:52:25 am »
Impressed by Dubois, think he gives Joyce a run for his money.

Dubois knocks him out. Joyce is poor gets hit far too much.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60465 on: July 15, 2019, 12:56:58 pm »
You forget Price vs Allen. (I know it's a bog standard domestic fight but they can be crackers) I'm hoping for a phone booth tear up but Price will probably get KO'd inside 4-5 rounds. His best chance is if Allen decides to be daft and goes toe to toe in the first three rounds.

Yeah, how do you see the others going mate?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60466 on: July 15, 2019, 02:36:43 pm »
Dubois might be put in against Chisora if the early rumours are true. That's a step up in class but Delboy ain't what he was and DD can knock him out.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60467 on: July 15, 2019, 02:46:31 pm »
Sad news lads  :(

Boxing Legend Pernell Whitaker Passes Away At Age 55 In Tragic Car Accident http://bit.ly/2JO3wua 

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60468 on: July 15, 2019, 03:02:57 pm »

Boxing Legend Pernell Whitaker Passes Away At Age 55 In Tragic Car Accident http://bit.ly/2JO3wua

Fcking sad. True legend. RIP

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60469 on: July 15, 2019, 03:03:12 pm »
Best lightweight ever RIP.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60470 on: July 15, 2019, 03:48:26 pm »
RIP Sweet Pea. One hell of a fighter.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60471 on: July 15, 2019, 10:10:47 pm »

Awful news. Extraordinary fighter. RIP  :(

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60472 on: July 15, 2019, 10:16:54 pm »
Yeah, how do you see the others going mate?
Trying to predict a Chisora fight is always a risk! If he is at 70% he will smash Spilizka and quickly. If he turns up in his half-arsed ways, he could get done on a decision since he is past his best by a long chalk IMO. I'm still seeing a mid-rounds KO win for him though.

Whyte is bigging up his opponent but aside from a late KO win against Jennings, there is a dearth of talent on the CV of Rivas. Jennings looked on the slide big time at the weekend so even that win no longer looks so great (I thought Jennings would do better though I believe it was a close fight). I reckon Whyte wins with a second half of the fight TKO.

Pacman to get done by a dodgy points decision to Thurman.

Dubois knocks him out. Joyce is poor gets hit far too much.
Wouldn't bank on that. Dubois is VERY raw. Joyce is slower than the West Clare railway but is very solid and extremely strong. Absolutely no need to put him in with Joyce right now.

I'm already seeing the hyperbole with Dubois. People getting carried away with a 12 fight novice aged 21 who dominated a fairly bog standard domestic level opponent. I was shocked by the fact it was seen as a close contest on paper. Gorman had done nothing to suggest he was better than British level.

I think Dubois can do extremely well and if he is well managed, perhaps a world title shot one day in a few years time. But we don't know how he will react to getting hurt, or if his gas tank can stand a good 10+ rounds. Lots of unknowns. Exciting talent though.

Dubois might be put in against Chisora if the early rumours are true. That's a step up in class but Delboy ain't what he was and DD can knock him out.
Certainly a goer if Bellend Boy looks faded at the weekend.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:20:15 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60473 on: July 15, 2019, 10:37:35 pm »
Trying to predict a Chisora fight is always a risk! If he is at 70% he will smash Spilizka and quickly. If he turns up in his half-arsed ways, he could get done on a decision since he is past his best by a long chalk IMO. I'm still seeing a mid-rounds KO win for him though.

Whyte is bigging up his opponent but aside from a late KO win against Jennings, there is a dearth of talent on the CV of Rivas. Jennings looked on the slide big time at the weekend so even that win no longer looks so great (I thought Jennings would do better though I believe it was a close fight). I reckon Whyte wins with a second half of the fight TKO.

Pacman to get done by a dodgy points decision to Thurman.
Wouldn't bank on that. Dubois is VERY raw. Joyce is slower than the West Clare railway but is very solid and extremely strong. Absolutely no need to put him in with Joyce right now.

I'm already seeing the hyperbole with Dubois. People getting carried away with a 12 fight novice aged 21 who dominated a fairly bog standard domestic level opponent. I was shocked by the fact it was seen as a close contest on paper. Gorman had done nothing to suggest he was better than British level.

I think Dubois can do extremely well and if he is well managed, perhaps a world title shot one day in a few years time. But we don't know how he will react to getting hurt, or if his gas tank can stand a good 10+ rounds. Lots of unknowns. Exciting talent though.
Certainly a goer if Bellend Boy looks faded at the weekend.

No “hyperbole” (shite internet words) here at all. Nobodies getting carried away he’s the youngest British title holder. Holds its own.
Jennings hurt joyce bad, Joyce just managed to protect his body long enough to recover. if Jennings still had a bit about him he’d have been in trouble.

Online 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60474 on: July 16, 2019, 09:18:29 am »
No “hyperbole” (shite internet words) here at all. Nobodies getting carried away he’s the youngest British title holder. Holds its own.
Jennings hurt joyce bad, Joyce just managed to protect his body long enough to recover. if Jennings still had a bit about him he’d have been in trouble.
I wasn't aiming it directly it at yourself. It is just that there is a tendency to go over the top with young prospects, and not just in the UK either. Putting him in with Joyce now is folly. Let's say he wins. Then he will be expected to fight at world level and he sure as shit isn't ready for that. As well as only having 12 pro fights, Dubois didn't have an extensive amateur career. He fought mainly at the Youth amateur level where he did fairly well.

And if he loses, he has lost to someone who won't be winning a world title.

He still has a lot to work on, and I see no harm in him taking 2-3 years and 10 fights to learn his trade. He needs to make three defenses of the Lonsdale belt to keep it outright which would be a nice way to get some experience.

For example, he fights upright which is never great for a tall guy. He is susceptible to someone with fast hands. Okay, that isn't Joyce  ;D

Btw, the list of British Heavyweight Champions includes Hughie Fury, Sam Sexton, Danny Williams, David Price, and Matt Skelton. Granted, Dynamite is the youngest as you rightly say, but it isn't necessarily a precursor to future success.  Of course, Tyson Fury and AJ have also won it  :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:20:04 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60475 on: July 16, 2019, 10:46:00 pm »
Really hope Manny makes lots of positive noises, then announces another fight out of nowhere again.  His constant trolling of Amir Khan has been amazing.

Well this is working out even better than I hoped ;D

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #60476 on: July 16, 2019, 10:59:26 pm »
Fucking young lass who served me in petrol station was more explosive than Joe Joyce. Fuck me. He's a non-starter.

Thought that Dubois looked like he could be the real deal being 21. Definitely interested to watch him. Anyone seen that young Cuban(I think) I saw Sky trying to hype up? Is he actually decent, or has r Ed had a word?

Also you can all fuck off having a go at Amir Khan. I've watched a lot of shite fights in my time. Never once has a Khan fight bored me. One of the best fighters to watch in the last 10 years. Not everyone has to be the world's best. The time will come soon where Khan and Chisora don't exist and you'll regret everything you ever said.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60477 on: July 16, 2019, 11:07:58 pm »
Khan is my favourite UK fighter and one of my fave fighters full stop but it's easy to see why people don't like him, he doesn't help himself.

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #60478 on: July 17, 2019, 12:29:34 am »
Khan is my favourite UK fighter and one of my fave fighters full stop but it's easy to see why people don't like him, he doesn't help himself.
Saudi Arabia isn't ideal, beyond even that, but we don't get to project our own morals onto him. but this is a sport with limited ways to profit. Calzaghe and Hatton happened. The only thing that kept British boxing relevant was khan. whether to see him lose or win, we all knew that turd I just got rid of had a better chin than him, but he kept us watching. And I will always watch him because fuck me, for better or worse, he's an entertainer

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #60479 on: July 17, 2019, 12:40:02 am »
And removed from all of this, I remember my dad's old vhs of the classic heavyweights. Naturally Sonny Liston featured heavily. Obviously one of the greatest of all time, but knew very little about him beyond the Ali fights. BBC with an article on his death.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48974341

Don't know if any of you old bastards remember this or if BBC are just stirring, but a good read nonetheless.