Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4157923 times)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60560 on: July 25, 2019, 11:58:35 pm »
Redemption story. I wont say on here what I think about Fury's 'journey' because I would get peltered

Are people in the UK aware that MTK, who manage Fury, are a front of the Irish mob?

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60561 on: July 26, 2019, 01:40:21 am »
Cheers for the link. Will definitely read later. It is an 'open secret' that Liston had ties to the mob. It has been suggested that he took a dive in the second Ali fight, and possibly the first. Certainly, the second fight has always felt dodgy to me but we'll never know for sure. It could simply have been a case of a brilliant young fighter having too much for a fierce but flat-footed champion.

Honestly never heard of this at all. Gonna do some reading though, fascinating stuff. One of you said about a lot of them being owned by the mob. Think in my mind that was a Pulp Fiction thing, not a real life thing. Life is a lot more fun when you're that naive  ;D :-[ (Not touching that post above)

As for Amir Khan, the prick, that was the beer talking. Still always a fun watch though.

And if I may add on to this, so many people (some) jumped on this with, "He doesn't help himself" or something along those lines. Whilst I don't disagree, here we are all loving Tyson Fury's antics (some), despite all his hateful, sexist remarks. I just wonder what would make someone judge a white sportsman so differently to a non-white sportsman?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 01:49:38 am by ElDuderino »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60562 on: July 26, 2019, 07:17:09 am »
Tyson Fury says hi, from his multi million pound mansion

I think Whyte can comeback from this

Could face up to a 8 year ban so I doubt it.

Having read press reports it alleged he's taken more than one drug but suppose we will find out soon enough if that's true.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60563 on: July 26, 2019, 07:22:46 am »
When has that ever stopped you before mate?  ;D

:lmao Touche

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60564 on: July 26, 2019, 07:23:49 am »
Are people in the UK aware that MTK, who manage Fury, are a front of the Irish mob?

I doubt the casuals are to be honest, but yeah those MTK guys are not on the up and up, to say the least

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60565 on: July 26, 2019, 08:23:27 am »
I just wonder what would make someone judge a white sportsman so differently to a non-white sportsman?

Maybe race has nothing to do with it and that it could be due to him having already served one 2 year drugs ban already?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #60566 on: July 26, 2019, 08:47:34 am »
And if I may add on to this, so many people (some) jumped on this with, "He doesn't help himself" or something along those lines. Whilst I don't disagree, here we are all loving Tyson Fury's antics (some), despite all his hateful, sexist remarks. I just wonder what would make someone judge a white sportsman so differently to a non-white sportsman?

Please don't mate - the thread doesn't need it. It's got fuck all to do with race.

Fury got enough pelters on here during his pissed Twitter ranting.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60567 on: July 26, 2019, 08:51:12 am »

Tyson Fury gets plenty of stick in this thread, and rightly so.  But the funny thing is he seems to think we all hate him because we're racist against travelers.  Now apparently we love him because he's white.   ???

Maybe they're both just dickheads?  I can give you a multi-ethnic list of British boxers that I think are also dickheads if you like for balance?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60568 on: July 26, 2019, 01:25:36 pm »
Don't want this thread going the same way as the WWE thread. I personally hope Whyte gets the book thrown at him, if found guilty. Especially after talking all that shit about AJ.

Have to admit, Pacquiao's win has got me feeling a bit iffy. It's well documented that there was no testing prior to the fight and all of a sudden he blasts out Thurman? In his previous fight he didn't even drop Broner once.

What I don't understand is why there was no testing? It should be mandatory, especially after two boxers have died just this week. It's a dirty sport.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60569 on: July 26, 2019, 02:16:31 pm »
Hughie Fury has signed for Matchroom. They're stock piling heavyweights apart from the ones with the titles

Clearly we don't know all the facts on the Whyte story.

Have heard AJ-Ruiz will be on 14 December in Cardiff.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60570 on: July 26, 2019, 02:27:25 pm »
Hughie Fury has signed for Matchroom. They're stock piling heavyweights apart from the ones with the titles

Clearly we don't know all the facts on the Whyte story.

Have heard AJ-Ruiz will be on 14 December in Cardiff.

Can't believe it's so far away. Boxing is mad now, years ago that rematch would have been done by September.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60571 on: July 26, 2019, 03:40:56 pm »
Can't believe it's so far away. Boxing is mad now, years ago that rematch would have been done by September.

Give Wilder his due, he does keep fairly active compared to the rest of them.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60572 on: July 26, 2019, 04:32:06 pm »

I'm guessing Eddie Hearn just wants a conveyor belt of easy options he can feed to AJ (or Usyk).  If he thinks I'm paying PPV money to watch that chump though, he's got another thing coming!

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60573 on: July 26, 2019, 05:41:17 pm »
Can't call AJ a chump, yet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60574 on: July 26, 2019, 06:47:40 pm »
Can't call AJ a chump, yet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

He meant Hughie

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60575 on: July 27, 2019, 08:58:10 am »
He meant Hughie

Yeah, I should have put a smiley face after that poor attempt at humour ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60576 on: July 27, 2019, 10:40:53 pm »
I'm guessing Eddie Hearn just wants a conveyor belt of easy options he can feed to AJ (or Usyk).  If he thinks I'm paying PPV money to watch that chump though, he's got another thing coming!
Hughie Fury is genuinely one of the most boring fighters I've ever watched. He makes Wlad jab and grab look like Mickey Ward for excitement.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60577 on: July 28, 2019, 04:22:20 am »
Maybe race has nothing to do with it and that it could be due to him having already served one 2 year drugs ban already?

Also, Fury tested positive for “recreational” drugs not PEDs. He broke the rules, but it wasn’t to gain an advantage.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JohnnyNI

• Main Stander
« Reply #60578 on: July 28, 2019, 06:16:39 am »
Also, Fury tested positive for “recreational” drugs not PEDs. He broke the rules, but it wasn’t to gain an advantage.
Fury also tested positive for nandrolone.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/26/tyson-fury-heavyweight-champion-baffled-drugs-test-nandrolone

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60579 on: July 28, 2019, 12:28:16 pm »
Anyone failing a drugs test in a combat sport deserves banning for life.  You can kill or seriously injure someone in boxing, that's not true in other sports. 

We seem to see so many failed tests now that you have to imagine boxing is doing a good job of catching these guys, at least at the top level where they are ranked, particularly WBC I think.  But the punishment is an absolute joke.

Hughie Fury is genuinely one of the most boring fighters I've ever watched. He makes Wlad jab and grab look like Mickey Ward for excitement.

He's awful.  I mean, Tyson doesn't have the most eye catching style either, but Hughie is on another level.  At least with Wlad you knew there would be a KO when he eventually got bored.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60580 on: July 29, 2019, 01:04:32 pm »
Interesting to note EVERY Heavyweight boxer who has accused AJ of doping has tested positive and pissing green piss now.  From Fury to Miller to Povetkin to Whyte. ;D

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60581 on: July 29, 2019, 01:41:03 pm »
Only thing Ruiz will test positive for is buttercream

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #60582 on: July 29, 2019, 02:21:01 pm »
Only thing Ruiz will test positive for is buttercream

or a snickers?
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60583 on: July 29, 2019, 08:10:10 pm »
Interesting to note EVERY Heavyweight boxer who has accused AJ of doping has tested positive and pissing green piss now.  From Fury to Miller to Povetkin to Whyte. ;D
So the Heavyweight boxers who have been caught with and know the results of taking drugs have all accused Joshua of taking them also. Its almost like they might know what they are talking about!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:13:47 pm by dakid »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60584 on: July 29, 2019, 09:28:12 pm »
So the Heavyweight boxers who have been caught with and know the results of taking drugs have all accused Joshua of taking them also. Its almost like they might know what they are talking about!

That's the dumbest thing I've read in this thread since... well, the Amir Khan stuff on the previous page probably. But it's still pretty dumb.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60585 on: July 30, 2019, 08:28:57 am »
That's the dumbest thing I've read in this thread since... well, the Amir Khan stuff on the previous page probably. But it's still pretty dumb.

Someone mention Khan?

He not fought Brooke yet .. here little pussy   ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60586 on: July 30, 2019, 08:36:12 am »
I don't se anything happening to Whyte but this should at least humble him when talking about AJ

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60587 on: July 30, 2019, 09:10:11 am »
Someone mention Khan?

He not fought Brooke yet .. here little pussy   ;D

;D

Don't ever change!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60588 on: July 30, 2019, 09:36:22 am »
I don't se anything happening to Whyte but this should at least humble him when talking about AJ
That big right uppercut should’ve humbled him! He’s just very jealous of AJ it seems

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60589 on: July 30, 2019, 10:48:09 am »
That big right uppercut should’ve humbled him! He’s just very jealous of AJ it seems

You would think so but clearly not  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60590 on: July 31, 2019, 11:19:01 am »
The WBC have provisionally suspended Dillian Whyte pending an investigation and hearing. Seems pointless to me as Whyte wouldn't be fighting again until this matter is resolved anyway.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60591 on: July 31, 2019, 01:37:02 pm »
What my friend said.

Really? REALLY? That's your defense?  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60592 on: July 31, 2019, 02:04:08 pm »
To be honest I think the idea of Joshua being an unstoppable drug fueled machine like Ivan Drago got debunked when he was knocked out by a fella who pisses KFC gravy.

The idea that all these people were only accusing him because they know the signs and not just to try and sell a fight is nonsense though. I mean, what next level insight do they have exactly?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60593 on: July 31, 2019, 03:22:21 pm »
True mate, and Miller was so doped up his B sample provided evidence of more drugs in his system.  ;D :lmao

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60594 on: July 31, 2019, 05:28:03 pm »
The WBC have provisionally suspended Dillian Whyte pending an investigation and hearing. Seems pointless to me as Whyte wouldn't be fighting again until this matter is resolved anyway.

Well they had to move quickly and say something because in truth if he guilty of something his fight shouldn't of happened but this now is highlighting something is wrong no matter what Whyte is saying.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60595 on: August 1, 2019, 12:38:18 am »
To be honest I think the idea of Joshua being an unstoppable drug fueled machine like Ivan Drago got debunked when he was knocked out by a fella who pisses KFC gravy.

The idea that all these people were only accusing him because they know the signs and not just to try and sell a fight is nonsense though. I mean, what next level insight do they have exactly?
I don't think they have next level insight, they just know as doping boxers that doping in boxing is rampant.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60596 on: August 1, 2019, 01:35:54 am »
Drugs are rampant because the rewards are significant and the cost of enforcing regular testing is expensive.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60597 on: August 1, 2019, 08:16:46 am »
Drugs are also rife because the punishment is not strict enough

In what world can athletics punishment be more strict than boxing punishment? Canelo got busted for a drug and just got banned for 6 months and then signs one of the biggest deals in sports history. Fury got a backdated ban for the time he wasn't even fighting so really he didn't get banned at all, and he signed a $80m 5 fight deal. Miller got done with 3 substances in his body and he will be in a big fight before the end of the year. 

Give 4 year bans and that will sort it out

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60598 on: August 1, 2019, 09:26:32 am »
Drugs are also rife because the punishment is not strict enough

In what world can athletics punishment be more strict than boxing punishment? Canelo got busted for a drug and just got banned for 6 months and then signs one of the biggest deals in sports history. Fury got a backdated ban for the time he wasn't even fighting so really he didn't get banned at all, and he signed a $80m 5 fight deal. Miller got done with 3 substances in his body and he will be in a big fight before the end of the year. 

Give 4 year bans and that will sort it out

Yup.  The punishments are an absolute joke.  You'd almost be stupid not to be doping.

One thing though is that the testing at the top level seems to be effective, these guys are getting caught.  Joshua and Wilder will have both been subject to testing through the Olympics and I know Joshua has been tested by UKAD year round since he turned pro.  What they should be doing is extending that further down the rankings.  Currently if you're top 15 with WBA and WBC you have to pay for VADA but outside that you don't have to bother, and it's a lot of money for guys that are barely making a living out of the sport.  Bunce was saying the other day that they should be taking some money off the guys at the top and using that to clean it up further down the rankings.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60599 on: August 1, 2019, 10:22:43 am »
They're getting caught because they're being stupid. I'd say the vast majority of athletes are doing but if you do it in the right ways and at the right times you can get away with it. If you continue doing into your training camp then you get caught, if you dont then it's pretty tough to get caught.