Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4235149 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #58040 on: September 22, 2018, 10:56:41 pm »
Good fight, Joshua does dig in when in trouble. Gets in trouble too many times though.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58041 on: September 22, 2018, 10:56:48 pm »
Some of those punches Povetkin just ate look more and more horrendous every time I see them.
Slow mo on that first knock down on a camera angle shows his eyes cross.

Amazed he got up from that.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #58042 on: September 22, 2018, 10:57:02 pm »
Fair points, just think they go way over the top like he's the reincarnation of Joe Louis

it's sky. it's what they do.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58043 on: September 22, 2018, 10:57:24 pm »
Shut up AJ you obviously go for the reunification fight,divvy  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #58044 on: September 22, 2018, 10:57:43 pm »
He's a nice guy I'll give him that, pretty down to earth
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58045 on: September 22, 2018, 10:59:24 pm »
He's a top man Joshua, half decent fighter too.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58046 on: September 22, 2018, 11:06:27 pm »
Some serious hand speed and power from AJ which he's not shown for a while. Wilder has a punch but those combinations from AJ are lethal.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #58047 on: September 22, 2018, 11:06:28 pm »
Wilder has got the biggest chance of them all against AJ.  He can win with one punch.

Fury is shot I think. He's awkward in his prime, but he's past it I think.

Awkward and big, Povetkin was like fighting a middleweight, AJ two stone heavier than him. Looking forward to Fury and Wilder in December. Let's see what happens with that one

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58048 on: September 22, 2018, 11:07:48 pm »
Awkward and big, Povetkin was like fighting a middleweight, AJ two stone heavier than him. Looking forward to Fury and Wilder in December. Let's see what happens with that one

Don' think that fight will happen. It all seems to be a publicity stunt, they don't even have a venue yet.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58049 on: September 22, 2018, 11:08:01 pm »
He's a nice guy I'll give him that, pretty down to earth
Complete opposite to Whyte who is a massive bellend, cut from the same cloth as Saunders and Froch. Since most likely that's AJ's next fight, I hope he smashes him.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #58050 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:32 pm »
decent little scrap that
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58051 on: September 22, 2018, 11:13:01 pm »
Not a boxing expert but I thought the ref was a bit mental letting that carry on after the knockout. The guy nearly threw himself out of the ring trying to stand up.

I think Povetkin's trainer pulled his arm through the ropes aswel, so that probably didn't help with his balance.

I think Wilder beats Joshua. AJ doesn't react well at all when being hit/pressured, seems to lack a couple of basics, which may be amplified with Wilders unauthorodox style.

I cant stand Wilder aswel the c*nt, so hope I'm wrong.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #58052 on: September 22, 2018, 11:15:16 pm »
That was a bit like Deeney up against an Arsenal back four  ;D

Deeney ko all those pussies and then North Bank who cracks on he's a big shitter
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58053 on: September 22, 2018, 11:18:48 pm »
Complete opposite to Whyte who is a massive bellend, cut from the same cloth as Saunders and Froch. Since most likely that's AJ's next fight, I hope he smashes him.

What has Froch done to be thrown in with a piece of vermin like Saunders?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58054 on: September 22, 2018, 11:22:26 pm »
Too early to upload any highlights? Some are saying Wilder beats Aj, based on what? Barring Ortiz he's not fought anyone of note. He's not the better boxer but no doubt he has punching power.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #58055 on: September 22, 2018, 11:23:25 pm »
Hopefully it’s Wilder next, the only fight that everyone really wants to see. I was impressed with the way Joshua took the shots in the first couple and then started to use his jab. I reckon the fight came about 4-5 years too late for Povetkin. If it’s Whyte again next time I’ll be very underwhelmed, but then it’s all on Eddie Hearne, which is depressing.

Oh and for my money AJ beats Wilder, they both bang, but I think Joshua is more durable and wins by KO.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:24:56 pm by TomDcs »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58056 on: September 22, 2018, 11:45:51 pm »
Joshua can't win. If he doesn't win convincingly then he's flawed. If he does then it's a shit division etc etc.

Just enjoy him. Big punching British heavyweight world champions don't come along that often. And he seems to be a massive draw without acting the tit. There's a hint of vulnerability to him as well. What's not to like?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58057 on: September 22, 2018, 11:54:01 pm »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58058 on: September 23, 2018, 12:04:14 am »
His ring walks.

I will give you that. But I've seen worse. Naz coming out with a bunch of clones, or on a magic carpet. Or that time David Haye got driven to the ring in a black cab by Lennox Lewis. There was that 45 minute saxophone solo before Price v Thompson.

If AJ wants to shadow box on top of a scissor lift for a couple of minutes that's fine.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58059 on: September 23, 2018, 12:14:28 am »
I will give you that. But I've seen worse. Naz coming out with a bunch of clones, or on a magic carpet. Or that time David Haye got driven to the ring in a black cab by Lennox Lewis. There was that 45 minute saxophone solo before Price v Thompson.

If AJ wants to shadow box on top of a scissor lift for a couple of minutes that's fine.

:lmao

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #58060 on: September 23, 2018, 12:17:00 am »
I'm assuming those who confidently predict that Wilder will KO Joshua have never seen the big, awkward Alabama lummox fight?

Wilder is technically abysmal; like a bigger, even less technically proficient Rocky Marciano. If and when they fight it will probably be a case of 'he who lands first' wins since both guys finish like Ferenc Puskas (on the football pitch AND buffet cart). Joshua is technically far better and I believe he will land first and end it. Regardless, it won't be a long fight.

85-year old Ortiz could, and really should, have KO'd Wilder. Tonight's Povetkin would have caused Wilder all sorts of bother and may have won.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58061 on: September 23, 2018, 12:30:04 am »
His ring walks.

I'm convinced he doesn't want to do them like that. I was right by the ring walk tonight and literally feet away from the podium. He just looked awkward and a little bit embarrassed knowing that he had to do it, then he shadow boxes a little and it comes down. It was up and down much, much quicker than it was against Wlad though.

AJ beats Wilder. Wilder might land a few on him but I think we can see AJ has a chin now, Povetkin landed a few on him and so did Wlad, Wilder would land a few on him but when AJ connects with Wilder it'd be lights out.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58062 on: September 23, 2018, 07:13:44 am »
I'm assuming those who confidently predict that Wilder will KO Joshua have never seen the big, awkward Alabama lummox fight?

Wilder is technically abysmal; like a bigger, even less technically proficient Rocky Marciano. If and when they fight it will probably be a case of 'he who lands first' wins since both guys finish like Ferenc Puskas (on the football pitch AND buffet cart). Joshua is technically far better and I believe he will land first and end it. Regardless, it won't be a long fight.

85-year old Ortiz could, and really should, have KO'd Wilder. Tonight's Povetkin would have caused Wilder all sorts of bother and may have won.

I think Wilder beats him. Wouldn't put a cent on it though. Wilder has bigger dimensions and faster hands and I'd give him the edge in punching power. AJ has my h better fundamentals, better jab and footwork.

It needs to happen next, assuming wilder beats Fury

Ortiz should have won but not more than Vlad who clearly let AJ off the hook. These things happen

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58063 on: September 23, 2018, 08:55:52 am »
AJ did fine. Started slow but credit to Povetkin. AJ stayed composed and was smart throwing jabs to the body. They really had an effect and slowed Povetkin down.

Povetkin is nothing like Wilder. Wilder isn't as good technically or as good up close. If Wilder tries to get close with AJ his getting knocked out.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:57:43 am by puroresu_kid »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58064 on: September 23, 2018, 10:29:05 am »

::)

He's nothing like Saunders!

He's not a racist twat for starters.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58065 on: September 23, 2018, 10:54:42 am »
I thought it funny that Bellew had nothing to say about Price quitting when he was so vocal about Brook doing the same.

Price needs to go back to domestic/english title/latvians with pretty records and get on a run. No more taking fights like this, especially when he is supposedly carrying an injury

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58066 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:08 am »
::)

He's nothing like Saunders!

He's not a racist twat for starters.
Yeah maybe not as bad as Saunders, but still a twat like a Whyte or a Broner.

I think Wilder would send AJ to the canvas at least once. Maybe not take him out of there but when that fight happens, I'd expect crazy fireworks and a few knockdowns from both fighters as neither have an iron chin.

Oh and I really wish Joshua would ease up with these cheesy entrances. Got so excited for a split second thinking he was being brought out by Nas.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58067 on: September 23, 2018, 11:37:33 am »
AJ saying he wants the Wilder fight signed before December? Well what if Fury beats wilder? Then he'll be fighting Wilder who won't have a belt anyway. If that happens he would have to fight Fury in the end? It's weird they aren't talking about Fury and now saying the Whyte fight is a possibility ahead of Fury.

It just seems weird to me he wants the Wilder fight penned before Deontay even has his next fight.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:42:18 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58068 on: September 23, 2018, 11:45:09 am »
I don't think they believe it'll happen. Hearn said as much post-fight last night. No venue yet = no fight yet.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58069 on: September 23, 2018, 11:47:41 am »
Stylistically that was the worst for Joshua. He boxed well from round 3, brutal finish.
Wilder's a different fight, and one that Joshua wins by KO IMO
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58070 on: September 23, 2018, 11:51:41 am »

5-6yr younger Ortiz beats both, AJ and Wilder.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58071 on: September 23, 2018, 11:56:34 am »
AJ saying he wants the Wilder fight signed before December? Well what if Fury beats wilder? Then he'll be fighting Wilder who won't have a belt anyway. If that happens he would have to fight Fury in the end? It's weird they aren't talking about Fury and now saying the Whyte fight is a possibility ahead of Fury.

It just seems weird to me he wants the Wilder fight penned before Deontay even has his next fight.

Finkel two days ago said his ready to meet Hearn in October.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58072 on: September 23, 2018, 12:16:46 pm »
AJ is a better boxer than Wilder, that's for sure.  Wilder has the punch power to beat him though, plus he's actually the size of a proper heavyweight.

I think Joshua will finish the job cleaning up the division until someone new comes through the ranks.  There just isn't the quality there at the moment.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #58073 on: September 23, 2018, 12:22:46 pm »

if he's half as good as Rocky Marciano he'll give AJ a lot of trouble

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #58074 on: September 23, 2018, 02:18:08 pm »
I went last night. Was just saying to my mate that I thought AJ, had lost his edge and out of nowhere a lightning 1-2 and Povetkin was on the deck.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58075 on: September 23, 2018, 02:18:36 pm »
I don't think they believe it'll happen. Hearn said as much post-fight last night. No venue yet = no fight yet.

Venue announced this week.

Date is set.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58076 on: September 23, 2018, 03:29:26 pm »
There's no venue announced yet as far as I can see, if there is could you link it please?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #58077 on: September 23, 2018, 03:56:59 pm »
if the fury/wilder fight happens and fury somehow manages to win it'll be fury/wilder 2 before they fight anyone else. you know wilder will have a rematch clause.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #58078 on: September 23, 2018, 04:35:46 pm »
if the fury/wilder fight happens and fury somehow manages to win it'll be fury/wilder 2 before they fight anyone else. you know wilder will have a rematch clause.

It's a voluntary defence, Wilder would be insane not have a rematch clause.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58079 on: September 23, 2018, 07:15:18 pm »
There's no venue announced yet as far as I can see, if there is could you link it please?

This week mate.