Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4235839 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #23360 on: September 29, 2012, 09:04:02 pm »
17 wins and 7 KO's, a light weight, undefeated but what does that mean these days? Confidence booster for Khan I think, a safety fight while he adapts with a new trainer, am I right in hearing hes hired Virgil Hunter as his new trainer?

Hes a good fighter Khan, got loads of talent/potential but I wonder why the change of trainers after defeats, happened after Prescott and again after Garcia, he has to look in the mirror and realise a trainer can only do so much. A good trainer can help you a hell of a lot, but you've got to be able to think for yourself and have the boxing brain yourself. Khan hasnt got one. He knows how to fight one way and thats jump in throw a few fast shots then jump out, when hes hurt he tries to prove he has a chin and stands toe to toe,  any puncher would love to fight him. Until he gets that chip off his shoulder, admits some responsiblity of his own hes never going to cut it at world level for me. Loads of potential, but no brains.

We'll see how this change of trainer works out for him. But how can he complain about having to share with Pacquiao when Virgil trains Andre Ward as well? Ward will get priority over him!
Very safe fight indeed! Unbeaten yeah but with little punch power and moving up a weight division so even if he nails Khan clean (unlikely), he's not going to hurt Khan. Makes sense to have a few rebuilding fights but sooner or later he will have to step up again. Worth noting that Molina also has a draw against someone called Juan Montiel who had a 5-4-1 record and that was only a year ago.
I 100% agree with the 'Khan has no brains' statement. He has the speed to make fights comfortable and acts all macho instead. Fight the way you can rather than the way you wish you could.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #23361 on: October 1, 2012, 01:56:51 am »
£37million in purse money and Punch Promotions had net assets of £24million. Surely it hasn't gone that badly to shit in 3 years, has it?

No!

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #23362 on: October 2, 2012, 02:13:46 pm »
Couldnt be for money, his coke habit wasnt that bad!!

Think it still bothers Hatton the last time fight fans seen him he was spark out on the canvas, it would of been bothering him a lot and he wants to try and go out on better terms. Thats what I think its all about, his pride deep down, as well as the chance to make more money etc obviously.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #23363 on: October 2, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »
khan is fucking thick as fuck in the ring, no idea what the fuck happens to him once he steps in the square, outside of it when ive seen ringside talking to the pundits or being a pundit himself he sounds quite clued up. Has some great physical attributes which he should be using to his advantage, he's no Micky Ward or Gatti, fucking ruined it in that last fight as it was looking like a gimme after round1
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23364 on: October 2, 2012, 02:44:25 pm »
khan is fucking thick as fuck in the ring, no idea what the fuck happens to him once he steps in the square, outside of it when ive seen ringside talking to the pundits or being a pundit himself he sounds quite clued up. Has some great physical attributes which he should be using to his advantage, he's no Micky Ward or Gatti, fucking ruined it in that last fight as it was looking like a gimme after round1

Do you think? I always thought he came across as a bit thick whenever I heard him talk! But inside the ring yeah he definatley lacks the brains to be what he thinks he is. Ive heard he said that he could of took an easy fight for his comeback fight? Fucking hell Amir, fighting a lightweight with 7ko's is hardly talking on Ivan Drago in Moscow my friend! Please Amir, just stop talking and go and do what you have to! I would forgive him the easy comeback fight but for him to try and insult peoples intelligence with this kind of shit, I know hes got a fight to sell but come on!

Id love to see him take on Hatton though, thats always been a fight id of loved to of seen, I dont know what Hatton has left, but if he was even 70% of what he was at his best at 140 he would splatter Khan all over the M.E.N.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23365 on: October 2, 2012, 03:05:08 pm »
Id love to see him take on Hatton though, thats always been a fight id of loved to of seen, I dont know what Hatton has left, but if he was even 70% of what he was at his best at 140 he would splatter Khan all over the M.E.N.

Hatton was never the brightest either though was he? That would be a real battle of the rocket scientists.

Remember after the fight with Floyd him saying he was going to tighten up his defence and stop marching straight onto punches, then look what happened against Pacquiao!

It would be an entertaining fight though that's for sure.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23366 on: October 2, 2012, 05:15:43 pm »
True, Hatton often lead with his face! More so towards the end of his career, thing with Ricky was though it didnt matter until late on because he was a tank at 140 and just bullied people around the ring. I remember that famous clip of him sitting with Floyd Snr, watching one of Pacquiaos moves and its the same one that dropped him or put him out, i cant quite remember. At his best he would of pulverised Khan though, Khan has no clue what to do on the inside and Ricky would be too strong and over whelm him.  Not so sure now, have to ssee what Hatton has left!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23367 on: October 6, 2012, 04:00:05 pm »
Slightly different boxing news lads and this may be a first and I say good luck to the lad.

Cruz is 'a proud gay man'

When Puerto Rican featherweight Orlando Cruz enters the ring opposite Jorge Pazos at the Civic Center, Kissimmee, Fla., later this month, he will be making his first public appearance in a fight after having openly admitted that he is gay.

"I’ve been fighting for more than 24 years and as I continue my ascendant career, I want to be true to myself. I want to try to be the best role model I can be for kids who might look into boxing as a sport and a professional career. I have and will always be a proud Puerto Rican. I have always been and always will be a proud gay man," said Cruz in a statement that serves as a preview to an interview with Telemundo next week.

"I don't want to hide any of my identities. I want people to look at me for the human being that I am. I am a professional sportsman that always bring his best to the ring. I want for people to continue to see me for my boxing skills, my character, my sportsmanship. But I also want kids who suffer from bullying to know that you can be whoever you want to be in life, including a professional boxer, that anything is possible and that who you are or whom you love should not be impediment to achieving anything in life."

A 31-year-old who represented his country in the 2000 Olympics, Cruz (18-2-1, 9 KOs) has scored two straight knockout victories since being stopped himself in consecutive losses to Cornelius Lock and Daniel Ponce de Leon.

On Oct. 19, Cruz will face Pazos, who is 20-4 with 13 knockouts.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23368 on: October 6, 2012, 04:01:54 pm »
Cynical move imo. Dude's career was going nowhere and now everyone knows who he is. Could potentially tap into a new fanbase and teh boxers that sell tickets are the ones that get the opportunities

Offline boxinggurunutjob

• Main Stander
  • Boxing Nutter
« Reply #23369 on: October 6, 2012, 04:18:34 pm »
anyone in need of a stream for tonights prizefighter then www.boxingguru.eu/gurutv1.html  ;)

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23370 on: October 6, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »
Cynical move imo. Dude's career was going nowhere and now everyone knows who he is. Could potentially tap into a new fanbase and teh boxers that sell tickets are the ones that get the opportunities

Thats what my first thoughts were as well mate, as you say you know if you sell tickets your going to get the big fights. Thats what its all about at the end of the day isnt it?

Respect to him though, can you imagine if a top footballer came out? That would be huge, this is a big story but not as big as itd be if Floyd came out or something! For the record I think him and 50 cent are very suspect :D

anyone in need of a stream for tonights prizefighter then www.boxingguru.eu/gurutv1.html  ;)

Cheers fella

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23371 on: October 6, 2012, 08:56:33 pm »
Cut up to shite there is Derry, through to the next round but can't see him going much further to be honest, shame he cuts up that easilly and so soon in to it aswell.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23372 on: October 6, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »
I think him and 50 is one way. Flloyd idolises him but im sure 50 doesnt care for him much at all.

But yeah, Cruz was brave but I just aint buying the timing.

Not watching proizefighter but seems derry is in a mess again. Love that guy, he has won me serious money and dont think ive ever lost a bet ive put on with one of his fights

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23373 on: October 10, 2012, 02:53:43 pm »
Did anyone see Amir Khan and Kel Brook on Ringside last week? Just managed to watch it there, it was quite interesting. Khan came across really well, whereas Brook looked angry and dare I say a little intimidated. I think Khan has the beating of him mentally because Brook doesnt deal well with confrontation like that in my opinion. Khan has got to Brook mentally and if they fight, I can see Khan winning that based on what i saw there.

Both said they want Hatton and itd be a tougher fight for them than the other, one thing that does my head in though is everytime we have two British fighters about to fight or talk of them fighting, Adam fucking Smith brings up the Benn v Eubank rivalry. Fucks sake man, everytime two Brits fight it doesnt have to be compared to that! You'll be let down if you look at it that way every single time. Benn/Eubank was at a time when boxing was on ITV, the public knew them both, the public all picked sides and both these guys were big names. I cant stand Adam Smith me, little twat!

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23374 on: October 10, 2012, 04:30:27 pm »
What Mayweather doing nowadays, can't help but feel he's wasting his career away. He's been out for a few months now so could've lined up an opponent. Or maybe he's waiting on Pacquiao, as doubtful as I am. Wouldn't mind if he wrote an autobiography, would be a good read.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23375 on: October 10, 2012, 04:35:04 pm »
What Mayweather doing nowadays, can't help but feel he's wasting his career away. He's been out for a few months now so could've lined up an opponent. Or maybe he's waiting on Pacquiao, as doubtful as I am. Wouldn't mind if he wrote an autobiography, would be a good read.

Not sure what he is doing, would expect him to fight in 2013. How do you think he will be remembered over time?  One of the best boxers I will ever see in my lifetime. Would you rank him up there with the likes of sugar ray leonard, sugar ray robinson, Ali etc

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23376 on: October 10, 2012, 04:36:44 pm »

Don't have a clue what Floyd's up to but Pacquiao is fighting  Juan Manuel Marquez again in December.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23377 on: October 10, 2012, 04:42:37 pm »
Not sure what he is doing, would expect him to fight in 2013. How do you think he will be remembered over time?  One of the best boxers I will ever see in my lifetime. Would you rank him up there with the likes of sugar ray leonard, sugar ray robinson, Ali etc
Would definitely include him up there, he's current P4P #1 for a reason. Just think if he would face and beat Pacquiao, and maybe Canelo in a years time, he'd cement his place., A lot of people put him down for his cherry picking and ducking, but his quality is there for all to see. You dont get to his position just by flighting handpicked opponents.

Don't have a clue what Floyd's up to but Pacquiao is fighting  Juan Manuel Marquez again in December.
Looking forward to that. Hope Pacquiao actually KO's him. If not, questions will be asked. Outclasses Bradley but always seems to struggle against Marquez.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23378 on: October 10, 2012, 05:40:49 pm »
Speaking of Amir Khan apparently he knocked out a few scumbags trying to steel his car.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/914604-amir-khan-rapped-by-dad-for-knocking-out-car-thieves

Heard about it and its bullshit that version, i believe the S*n reported it as that first, we all know they make up stories. Firstly  A gang of car thieves, who block you in with a 4x4 to take a hundred grand car, obviously a gang who've done this kind of thing before, and they exsist believe me, i know people who do it, and the worst Khan gets is slapped? Would of been tooled up to the fucking teeth, possibly even had guns but would of at least had knives, Khan and his brother wouldnt of knocked anyone out cold, they'd of been seriously hurt. Fantasy bullshit from that rag again.

From what I hear thats happened, Khan and his brother were in a place called the Moon Lounge, this steroid head going by the name of "Chubz" and his mates hear Khan is in town, tried to make a name for themselves, Khans entourage were with him, apparently this Chubz guy got handled by Amir possibly and there was a scuffle. Chubz and his mates from Alum Rock? Are all over facebook saying they banged Khan up, which they obviously didnt as Khan didnt have a scratch on him at the press conference he done yesterday? That version doesnt sound as good as a gang of thugs trying to steal Khans car though does it? People like this "Chubz" character, they are trying to put the rumour out he filled in an ex world champion boxer. Load of bollocks and I dont believe it for a second.

As for Floyd, for me I compare him with everything other greats can do, his jab, his right hand, his hook, his technique, his footwork, defence, his record etc etc. Hes in the top two for me that ive seen, him & Ray Robinson. He does all of those things better than just about everyone. Even if you talk about fighting on the inside, hes a monster on the inside, he can do it all. Hes going down as a proper legend, Ive got my own theorys on how to beat him but nobody is good enough to do it! If ive thought of ways to beat him im sure all of these top fighters and trainers who've tried have already thought of it. Hes just that good.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23379 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43:59 pm »
Im not really looking forward to it either but Audley Harrison v Price this weekend, a joke fight for me as Audley doesnt like being hit, hes terrified of being hit so hes going in with a heavy handed natural puncher? What is he going to do is the only thing im interested in, is he going to just stand there and freeze? Or at least try and fight and test Prices chin? He'll probally freeze though.

Offline mkferdy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23380 on: October 10, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »
"A passer-by told the newspaper that, following this, 'five of them went for Amir and Haroon but they stood their ground and these guys got dropped one by one"

This sounded a bit dodgy to me, so I checked it out and the source is "The S*N".

I'll delete this post after you've seen it and deleted yours.

Thanks for the heads up didn't realise it came via the sun. I have deleted the original link.

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23381 on: October 10, 2012, 06:00:41 pm »
Thanks for the heads up didn't realise it came via the sun. I have deleted the original link.

Nice one.  Shit happens, no big deal.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline mkferdy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23382 on: October 10, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »
Im not really looking forward to it either but Audley Harrison v Price this weekend, a joke fight for me as Audley doesnt like being hit, hes terrified of being hit so hes going in with a heavy handed natural puncher? What is he going to do is the only thing im interested in, is he going to just stand there and freeze? Or at least try and fight and test Prices chin? He'll probally freeze though.

I wouldn't be shocked if Price gets Audley out there quicker than David Haye did. I can see Audley being very negative in this one. Would like to see Audley catch Price clean though, I don't think I have ever seen Price take a punch.

Im hoping for a similar knockout to this one  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmjzFTJMjzo

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23383 on: October 10, 2012, 06:08:07 pm »

I'm terrified that Harrison somehow lands one on Price and knocks him out.  Imagine that!  Our best Heavyweight prospect knocked out by that twat.

It's not going to happen though, Price has really improved lately, and like you say he is very heavy handed.  I'd go for Price in the 4th.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23384 on: October 10, 2012, 06:10:43 pm »
I'm terrified that Harrison somehow lands one on Price and knocks him out.  Imagine that!  Our best Heavyweight prospect knocked out by that twat.

It's not going to happen though, Price has really improved lately, and like you say he is very heavy handed.  I'd go for Price in the 4th.

Price seems a nice lad and all that, i want him to do well but id piss myself if it happened. Its a stupid fight for him, hes 29 he needs to get a move on. Harrison doesnt deserve a chance like this, a win for him would be huge, however unlikely that may be but if he somehow landed a huge shot, it puts him back in the frame and brings us mroe of his YES I CAN bullshit!

Price should and probally will bash Harrison up inside 2 rounds. He wont fanny around for 3 like Haye did he wants him out of there quickly.

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23385 on: October 10, 2012, 06:16:58 pm »
Price seems a nice lad and all that, i want him to do well but id piss myself if it happened. Its a stupid fight for him, hes 29 he needs to get a move on. Harrison doesnt deserve a chance like this, a win for him would be huge, however unlikely that may be but if he somehow landed a huge shot, it puts him back in the frame and brings us mroe of his YES I CAN bullshit!

Price should and probally will bash Harrison up inside 2 rounds. He wont fanny around for 3 like Haye did he wants him out of there quickly.

It's all about exposure though, pretty much everyone in the UK knows who Harrison is, so fighting him will raise his profile, meaning more money.

Cynical, but that's Boxing.

Offline mkferdy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23386 on: October 10, 2012, 06:24:29 pm »
It's all about exposure though, pretty much everyone in the UK knows who Harrison is, so fighting him will raise his profile, meaning more money.

See where you are coming from however with the fight on boxnation that does limit his exposure. Im no fan of James Degale at all but by signing with Mick Hennessey he should at least be on terrestrial TV now. Here's hoping for a brutal knockout at the weekend and finally the end of Audley talking shit.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #23387 on: October 10, 2012, 06:40:06 pm »
Mirra, how do you think Mayweather could be beaten? What tactics? As you say we all will have our opinions on how you would go about it but it's just putting it together and I don't think anyone can! I remember Hatton made it tricky for him until Hatton tired and Floyd got a grip of the fight as the rounds went on, which is what he always does. Now at his age, is he 35 now? You would think even if he has lost some of the ability that he had he is still so far ahead of others he would beat them. I'm probably never going to see him fight live which would be a dream.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23388 on: October 10, 2012, 06:50:07 pm »
Well Audley's convinced he can beat Price. The man probably still thinks he can be undisputed champion.

Anyway he's saying all the right things again.

Audley Harrison has admitted he 'lived a lie',

Audley Harrison has admitted he has 'lived a lie' but is convinced he can put the past behind him against David Price on Saturday night.

Harrison takes on the British and Commonwealth champion knowing he will not get another shot at the big time should he lose at Liverpool's Echo Arena.

And he has finally come clean on the past, saying he consistently under-performed because he had a 'chip on his shoulder'.

"This is not talk this time. I talk a good fight I know, but I am coming to walk through him and separate myself from the pack.

"I can understand when people don't believe me, but I talk like how I see it.

"You can't live a lie when you're on that starting line and I have lived a lie in the amateurs and professional game.

"I did just enough to win because I had that talent and chip on my shoulder to pull it out, but that ignorant guy doesn't exist anymore.

"This is my last chance saloon."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23389 on: October 10, 2012, 06:51:25 pm »

Being on Boxnation doesn't raise your profile in the UK.

Sky or Channel 5 does.

Offline CarlitoB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23390 on: October 10, 2012, 07:27:24 pm »
Being on Boxnation doesn't raise your profile in the UK.

Sky or Channel 5 does.

Sometimes I get really bored of having to explain the obvious.

He beats Sam Sexton, only Boxing fans know about it.  He beats Audley Harrison and the media will report it far more prominently.  Hence more exposure.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23391 on: October 10, 2012, 07:31:55 pm »

He beats Sam Sexton, only Boxing fans know about it.  He beats Audley Harrison and the media will report it far more prominently.  Hence more exposure.

Think you're missing the point though.

The media would of reported the fight anyway.

Exposure in boxing in mainly about the number of people watching fights on TV etc.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23392 on: October 10, 2012, 09:20:30 pm »

Not so much these days, pretty much everyone, the casual fans included know Harrison is finished, not that he ever really got started. His performance against David Haye finally finished him off. Hes nobody now and fighting on box nation as others have said is hardly big time exposure. Its a stupid fight for me and one a 29year old doesnt need. Harrison can talk a good fight and i admire how he really doesnt give a shit what anyone thinks about him and still believes he can do something noteworthy, he cant and wont though. If he lands a lucky shot on Price thats all it will be, he hasnt got the heart or mentality needed to be something special.

Mirra, how do you think Mayweather could be beaten? What tactics? As you say we all will have our opinions on how you would go about it but it's just putting it together and I don't think anyone can! I remember Hatton made it tricky for him until Hatton tired and Floyd got a grip of the fight as the rounds went on, which is what he always does. Now at his age, is he 35 now? You would think even if he has lost some of the ability that he had he is still so far ahead of others he would beat them. I'm probably never going to see him fight live which would be a dream.

You see ......

Your going to have to have quick feet to be able to step aroudn and create angles, your going to have to be comfortable punching with both hands, be quick with them shots too. Your going to need more than one plan as well because if you find one thing that works, Floyd will be onto it and have it figured out very quickly. Theres nobody out there with a ring IQ like him. He looks to be open to right hands, just over his shoulder, you'd have to feint your way in though, so when the shoulder goes up you can land one either with power on that shoulder or catch him with it. If you dont feint your way to it though your probally going to be punching fuck all. Try and force him into places where you limit his options of escaping, for example if you force him to duck down, you know hes going to have to come back up so catch him on his way back up, hit him anywhere you can with a big right, just fucking hurt him with it. Try stepping to his left when hes rolling them shoulders with that shell as well, he leaves a tiny spot open inbeetween the shoulder and the right glvoe that protects his face against the hook, most people he fights throw punches at him that his shoulder roll defence/shell are made to defend against, if you can feint to get him in this position, when he leans back throw a hard straight left in that tiny window and you might be onto something.

The Philly shell defence though there is a way to break it, its all about your footwork and a feint to the body to throw a quick over the top right hand to the unprotected side, it works but you've got to be good enough to do it. Ask Bobby D who trains at Gleasons, its common to use against fighters who have this defence, its effective but you have to be cute about setting it up for it to work. Problem with Floyd is though, you catch him and he'll come forward with a high guard instead.

That said I could just be talking out of my arse and none of this would work against him. Thats why hes the best, he adapts to everything you throw at him. Nobody will ever be able to push him like Castillo did though, hes too experienced and good for that now, I cant see anyone out there beating him now. Nobody. Nobody is smart enough to out think him or good enough to out fight him and certainly theres nobody out there who can do both. With other great fighters you can look at tapes of them fighting and see what they do wrong if you know what to look for, many nights me and my mate have sat down with a bottle of whiskey and watched countless hours of Floyd and still cant figure out how someone could beat him.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #23393 on: October 12, 2012, 12:34:38 am »

Watch it before it gets taken down. What a joker. One of Amir Khan's supposed attackers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw2xNe1Lxtg
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #23394 on: October 12, 2012, 01:05:11 am »

Love reading your posts like this mate. I've got a casual interest in boxing but don't have the technical knowledge and insights and find this fascinating.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23395 on: October 12, 2012, 05:05:53 am »
Watch it before it gets taken down. What a joker. One of Amir Khan's supposed attackers.

Angry man is angry!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #23396 on: October 12, 2012, 08:55:20 am »
Let's see if Audley even throws a punch tomorrow night eh

I think Floyd is the greatest boxer ever. I think he'll retire at the end of next year, shame he's not fought the Pacman as that would be a nice addition to his record.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23397 on: October 12, 2012, 12:55:19 pm »
Love reading your posts like this mate. I've got a casual interest in boxing but don't have the technical knowledge and insights and find this fascinating.

Thanks mate.

Tell you one fighter I think would of gave Floyd some problems, not saying he'd of beat him but itd of been Floyd toughest test, Tommy Hearns. A big rangey boxer puncher with lightning quick hands and a jackhammer of a straight right. Id of loved to of seen them two at their best go at it.

Let's see if Audley even throws a punch tomorrow night eh

I think Floyd is the greatest boxer ever. I think he'll retire at the end of next year, shame he's not fought the Pacman as that would be a nice addition to his record.

I think Audley has to, he cant just stand there and wait for Price to twat him. Harrison if he had the mentality for it is good enough to box rings around a lot of so called top British Heavyweights. He has the talent he just doesnt have the heart, he doesnt like being hit, he isnt a fighter in that sense. That said though he has shown balls a couple of times in his career to bit down and get stuck in, Id love him to come out fighting and prove everyone wrong, including me. Itd be a hell of a test for Price and id love to see somebody test his chin.

Offline Slugworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23398 on: October 12, 2012, 01:25:57 pm »
Great shout on Hearns Mirra, that would have been some fight! How about Floyd V Duran at 135? Not many better pressure fighters than Duran and a boxer too.
"There's no excuse for erectile dysfunction. If you see a fanny, gents, it's your duty to conquer it like a sleepy village. No prisoners" The Big Sam

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23399 on: October 12, 2012, 03:12:01 pm »

Gotta laugh, apparently there were 6 of them against Khan and his younger brother and all they came away with was a handbag (which I very much doubt Khan or his brother were carrying) and some Porsche keys which dosent add up as Khan was driving a Range Rover lol.

No doubt that balaclava is hiding some pretty bad bruises.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:16:32 pm by karl1987 »