Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4224144 times)

Offline SOHC

• Main Stander
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #23320 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:17 pm »
Report: Chavez Jr. tests positive for marijuana

RingTV.com has confirmed a report through sources familiar with the results that middleweight contender Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has tested positive for marijuana metabolites consistent with the use of the drug in the aftermath of his unanimous decision loss to RING champion Sergio Martinez that dethroned him as WBC titleholder on Saturday in Las Vegas.

Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer said that he has not received all of the test results, that he will not receive them "until Friday or Monday," and that he can not comment until he does receive them.

"Top Rank is reviewing the situation," a representative of the Las Vegas-based promotional company read to RingTV.com from an official statement, which had yet to be sent to the boxing media. "Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will have an opportunity to explain about the situation to the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

If he is found to be guilty, Chavez can be penalized or fined for the entire amount of his $3 million purse, suspended for up to a year, or a combination of both.

The infraction is the third known instance in which Chavez (46-1-1, 32 knockouts) has been associated with either a banned substance or alcohol abuse.

Chavez tested positive for a banned substance which was a diuretic following his unanimous decision victory over Troy Rowland in November, of 2009, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The result of the Rowland fight was later changed to a "no decision," Chavez was fined $10,000, and he was suspended for seven months by the NSAC.

Chavez was also arrested on Jan. 22 for driving drunk, just a week before his fight with Marco Antonio Rubio in Texas. He later struck a plea deal in mid-June, which granted him three years of probation and ordered him to to attend 30 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, the latter of which he already had completed.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174891-report-chavez-jr-tests-positive-for-marjuana

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #23321 on: September 19, 2012, 10:36:48 pm »
Is it right that Hatton's done over 10,000 tickets already, without an opponent even being named?  Utterly phenomenal if true.  Whatever you think of him as a boxer, his ability to fill a venue is something else.

I had to buy from seat wave as all normals had sold, only ringsides left
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23322 on: September 19, 2012, 10:56:43 pm »
Anyone heard about this.

This is what Chavez Jr  did after his loss to Martinez he tested positive for Marijuana. It's also not the first time he's been in trouble.  :lmao

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174891-report-chavez-jr-tests-positive-for-marjuana
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:58:22 pm by Samie The Red »

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #23323 on: September 20, 2012, 09:05:29 am »
The banned substance before was a diuretic wasnt it? Make you piss more, get rid of body water to make you lose weight. Getting caught drunk driving and smoking weed though is just plain stupidity. In the 24/7 episodes people were complaining about how he was training, his own Dad said the training camp was poor.

He shouldnt get a rematch anyway for me, he was outclassed and despite the 12th round the result was emphatic.

Crazy Hatton has sold that many tickets already, I was thinking of going but I remember some of the knob heads that go to see him (Cleary for example :D) but you know the sort, people who dont like boxing really and just go to get pissed and shout and be aggressive. No doubt theres a lot of good people follow Hatton, but they'll tell you as well about the Ing-ger-land type wankers who follow him as well.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23324 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:41 pm »
Jamie Moore will come back.

Talking as if he is going too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23325 on: September 21, 2012, 02:26:54 am »
James DeGale has left Warren and joined Mick Hennessy. His next fight is on October 13.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/171070.html

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #23326 on: September 21, 2012, 06:30:26 am »

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23327 on: September 21, 2012, 09:04:11 am »

Think he still does the 15 rounds on the body bag? Or was that Billy's thing
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23328 on: September 21, 2012, 09:56:39 am »
Fwank has told Harrison he has a chance of fighting the winner of Burns v Mitchell! Id like to see him have at least one decent win in his comeback before he steps in with Burns, but in his prime I think he'd batter Mitchell around the ring like he did with McCullough!

Hard as nails!

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23329 on: September 21, 2012, 09:59:37 am »
Edit, turns out Manny Steward hasnt got cancer as boxingnews put on their twitter, his sister has came out and said he has a colon condition or something but thankfully it isnt cancer. Wish him a speedy recovery though!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:04:02 am by Mirra »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23330 on: September 21, 2012, 06:23:52 pm »
Anyone know offhand if there's a prizefighter @ 154lbs due any time soon?  Had a quick scan and saw a lightweight tournament in a couple of weeks, but wondering if there was anything listed further out than that?

Last I heard Bobby, Oscar was considering setting one up but i havent heard anything since. You thinking of entering like? :D

Rumour I heard today is Prescott v Hatton? Prescotts team have apparently said on twitter Hatton has been in touch about a fight and Prescott thinks it'll be easy money. Interesting fight that will be!

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23331 on: September 21, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »

RE any Hatton rumors, I would think he would have enough in his locker to deal with Prescott without too much trouble, even after all his time spent out.  Get ready for the reappearance of the football crowd when he comes back.  Still, can't blame anyone for wanting to go see him when he's on your doorstep.  I just hope the lads from here going have a good time!  :wave

Hardly on my door step, going 300 miles for it haha, can't wait though
 Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23332 on: September 21, 2012, 08:33:21 pm »
So we may get to see the fight every one wants. Well the latest rumour is that Pacquiao says he's willing to take a 55-45 split of the money to face Mayweather if he beats Marquez in December.   

Anyone else think this fight going to get made?. I think it may be too late.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174917-pacquiao-willing-to-take-45-55-vs-mayweather-

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23333 on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:30 pm »
Ha, I wish mate!  ;D  I'd have to wait for one @ 160lbs   ;)   (If Freddie Flintoff can supposedly go pro, I can dream I guess!)

Another fella from this way IS getting lined up @ 154lbs should anything get organized and I have a feeling he'll be another one to watch, if you know what I mean.

RE any Hatton rumors, I would think he would have enough in his locker to deal with Prescott without too much trouble, even after all his time spent out.  Get ready for the reappearance of the football crowd when he comes back.  Still, can't blame anyone for wanting to go see him when he's on your doorstep.  I just hope the lads from here going have a good time!  :wave

I heard Leon McKenzie (footballer) is turning pro as well, hes a big strong lad and I know he used to box as a youngster, met a lad who knew him who told me that years ago, seemed like useless information at the time but there you go :D

160lbs! You can boil down to 154 mate, go for it :D Hope your well buddy

Samie, I dont really care about Pacquiao v Floyd now, of course id watch it but i think its happening far too late. Pac man was hot after battering Hatton and Cotto, he hasnt really been that impressive since! Cant see anything other than a Floyd win. Pac is saying the money split, but what about the testing? I really havent got the energy to care about all that again!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23334 on: September 21, 2012, 08:56:13 pm »

Samie, I dont really care about Pacquiao v Floyd now, of course id watch it but i think its happening far too late. Pac man was hot after battering Hatton and Cotto, he hasnt really been that impressive since! Cant see anything other than a Floyd win. Pac is saying the money split, but what about the testing? I really havent got the energy to care about all that again!

Yeah I'm tired of all this talking  between the camps over the last few years and I think Floyd would have too much for him anyway. Though in the article I posted Manny does say to ESPN that he has agreed to the random testing even if they need to test him the night of the fight he would go along with it.  this fight two years ago would have made more sense than it does now.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:57:53 pm by Samie The Red »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23335 on: September 21, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »
I thought Manny had agreed to fight JMM again though? Is that off now? I think for this fight to really capture the publics imagination like it would of two years ago, Manny has to either destroy Bradley in a rematch, or do the same with JMM. I dont think his head is in boxing at the minute either, think hes more interested in politics these days.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23336 on: September 21, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »
I thought Manny had agreed to fight JMM again though? Is that off now? I think for this fight to really capture the publics imagination like it would of two years ago, Manny has to either destroy Bradley in a rematch, or do the same with JMM. I dont think his head is in boxing at the minute either, think hes more interested in politics these days.

No the Marquez fight is still on December 8 but Manny and his team says that he is now willing to fight on Floyd's terms provided that he comes through against Marquez.  He needs to beat Marquez convincingly but I don't see that happening.

Yeah it does seem that his concentrating on politics than on his boxing lately.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23337 on: September 22, 2012, 09:47:24 am »
Ive heard about them masks mate but Ive never seen anyone using one apart from Bane in The Dark Knight Rises :D  They are supposed to be good though. Strengthen the lungs definatley and probally cut your work out time in half but you know when people train at the likes of Big Bear, Tenerife (Which ill come back to) etc your training at high altitude and this helps you produce more red blood cells which help you deliever more oxygen to your muscles, small blood vessells increase and an increase in the ability to manage the build up of waste acid, that happens when your getting aclimiatised to the altitude. So my problem with it is, dont you have to be exposed to the altitude for longer than just your work out to have it work? You'd have to wear it all day every day for the same effect? Think itd definatley help strengthen the lungs though.

I trained a few years ago with a couple of lads at Tenerife. Mount Tiede is about 6000 feet above sea level and I enjoyed it, of course I was fucked like, but it was great to experience high altitude training like that. I know Tenerife was good enough for Nigel Benn and apparently Mount Tiede is the highest point in Europe, I cant say I felt any better or stronger/fitter than normal when I came back though, it didnt work for my mate either, he got knocked out in the 3rd round of his fight :D Still wind him up about that.

Good point about Manny not being the same, I have thought it I just dont want to admit it. I loved to watch him but when all this came about and his performances dipped, refused a test and while I could see his point I didnt understand why he just wouldnt take the test, I dont want to think that maybe he was using stuff.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23338 on: September 22, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »
What do you reckon about Fury calling out Haye on Twitter last nigth Mirra reckon he could beat him?
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline boxinggurunutjob

• Main Stander
  • Boxing Nutter
« Reply #23339 on: September 22, 2012, 07:19:34 pm »
Anyone in need for streams tonight

Mitchell/Burns card: http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv1.html

Frampton/Molitor card: http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv3.html

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23340 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:01 pm »
What do you reckon about Fury calling out Haye on Twitter last nigth Mirra reckon he could beat him?

It would be built up as a massive fight as Harrison was but Fury wouldn't stand a chance. He is far too green. I know Haye didn't turn up against Wlad but he is still many levels above Fury. Why isn't Fury calling Price out??

As for the Pacquiao - Floyd debate. Fuck Manny as far as I'm concerned. NOW he agrees to whatever Floyd wants? Meh. Would have been the biggest fight in history two years ago and it just makes me even more convinced Manny was juicing in some way. I'd be more interested in seeing a Pacman-Hatton rematch than seeing Floyd beat him up for 12 rounds. Was talking to my da about it last night and I honestly don't think Manny would take a single round off Floyd

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23341 on: September 22, 2012, 07:54:24 pm »

Haye beats him easily in my opinion Fury is too inexperienced at this moment to beat someone like Haye.

Offline Foster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23342 on: September 22, 2012, 07:59:57 pm »
Haye beats him easily in my opinion Fury is too inexperienced at this moment to beat someone like Haye.

I hope it happens and Haye destroys him after reading his Twitter then.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23343 on: September 22, 2012, 08:01:17 pm »
I hope it happens and Haye destroys him after reading his Twitter then.

What did it say mate?

Offline Foster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23344 on: September 22, 2012, 08:17:02 pm »
What did it say mate?

Haye needs to fight me so I can retire this bum. He will prob say he has a bad toe on that day !

@Tyson_Fury
@mrdavidhaye don't pussy out of a fight with me! Vitally don't want to fight anyone with a pulse! I will I'm the man!

Tyson Fury ‏@Tyson_Fury
I will ok any heavyweight in the world fact! But I want haye most of all! (Hahahaha)

Tyson Fury
What a fucking joker

Nothing awful but just hate people who are like that personally.

Has Haye done anything at all to Fury to get all this?

EDIT: Also said he'd smash Price
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:19:27 pm by Foster »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23345 on: September 22, 2012, 09:38:38 pm »
Well he vacated the title rather than face Price so.....

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #23346 on: September 22, 2012, 10:49:22 pm »
What's the views on Frampton in here?

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #23347 on: September 22, 2012, 11:04:12 pm »
Ricky Burns just keeps delivering. Top quality fighter. Expected him to win but didn't think he would destroy Mitchell.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #23348 on: September 22, 2012, 11:12:37 pm »
What's the views on Frampton in here?

Ive always thought Frampton was just a big hype but after watching that tonight I can see me being a fan of his.
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23349 on: September 22, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »
Haye needs to fight me so I can retire this bum. He will prob say he has a bad toe on that day !

@Tyson_Fury
@mrdavidhaye don't pussy out of a fight with me! Vitally don't want to fight anyone with a pulse! I will I'm the man!

Tyson Fury ‏@Tyson_Fury
I will ok any heavyweight in the world fact! But I want haye most of all! (Hahahaha)

Tyson Fury
What a fucking joker

Nothing awful but just hate people who are like that personally.

Has Haye done anything at all to Fury to get all this?

EDIT: Also said he'd smash Price

Would ignore him.

Fry knows full well that Haye stands a great chance in betting Vitali Klitschko and is making sure that Haye's next fight after that is against him or at least putting himself in the picture.

As for the Price comment - he has to say that as everyone now thinks Price is better than him.

Fry's team have been great at promoting him and Haye is clearly the next step.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23350 on: September 22, 2012, 11:29:39 pm »
Burns was quality tonight. Thought Kevin would win myself but Burns showed what a top fighter he is.

Needs to go state side now.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #23351 on: September 23, 2012, 12:37:12 pm »
Former Heavyweight champion Corrie Saunders was shot dead in robbery. Apparently he was at a restaurant at a nephew's birthday party when gunmen came in and shot randomly, hitting him and killing him  :( RIP Corrie.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:44:16 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23352 on: September 23, 2012, 05:21:25 pm »
 Sad news former heavyweight champion Corrie Sanders was shot dead.

RIP Corrie. :(

Former heavyweight champ Sanders shot dead

Corrie Sanders, the South African southpaw who knocked out Wladimir Klitschko in one of the great upsets in heavyweight boxing, has died after being shot by robbers at a restaurant during a family celebration.

The former WBO and WBU champion was 46.

Sanders was shot in the hand and stomach at a family member's 21st birthday party at the restaurant in Brits, in South Africa's North West province, on Saturday night, police said. He died in a hospital in the capital city of Pretoria in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police Brigadier Thulani Ngubane said three armed men entered the restaurant with the apparent intention to rob it and shot randomly, hitting Sanders. No other injuries were reported. The robbers took a cellphone and a bag from customers, Ngubane said.

No arrests had been made but a murder investigation has been opened.

Renowned for his hand speed, the 6-foot-4 Sanders was one of South Africa's most successful and popular fighters after a nearly 20-year professional career.

He retired in 2008 with a 42-4 record, with 31 knockouts. But he was most remembered for the shocking second-round knockout of Klitschko in Germany in 2003 that earned him the WBO title and respect across the world as a wily, fast and clever fighter and powerful puncher.

It is one of only three losses for the Ukrainian and current WBO champion. Sanders agreed to the fight on short notice and was a 40-1 underdog. The result was voted as the upset of the year by Ring Magazine.

He then lost to Wladimir's older brother Vitali for the vacant WBC title the following year, Vitali's first fight for the title he still holds. Sanders had earlier relinquished his WBU crown in a seventh-round stoppage by Hasim Rahman after being ahead in their fight in 2000.

Born in Pretoria, Sanders began his professional boxing career in 1989 with a first-round TKO of King Kong Dyubele. Eighteen of the fast-starting Sanders' 31 career knockouts came in the first round.

Sanders hung up his gloves in 2008 after being knocked out by Osborne Machimana for the South African heavyweight title - in the first round.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:25:05 pm by Samie The Red »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23353 on: September 24, 2012, 12:03:32 pm »
Fuck me, didnt expect that from Burns! He destroyed Mitchell, I thought he'd win a long hard war, either by late stoppage or points, certainly didnt expect him to smash Mitchell the way he did. What a win, whos next for Burns? Broner being mentioned? Burns is one of them fighters who people keep expecting to fail and time and time again he comes up with the goods in the ring and you go, Fuck me, I didnt expect that! Kev Mitchell is a cracking fighter and to get the win over him in the style he done it in was a great result for him.

R.I.P Corrie Sanders as well, very sad news.

As for Ty, nah he wouldnt beat David Haye, Haye is too quick and experienced for Ty and he'd get knocked out I think. Its a big money fight though, more than anyone bar Klitschko is going to make him. End of the day thats what its all about isnt it? How much you can make. Sad but its a fact these days, id like to see him fight Price and ive no doubt itll happen down the line, just not yet. As for what he puts on twitter, thats boxing. Ali talked shite, Tyson, most of them do it! I pay no attention to what anyone says before a fight because 99percent of the time its all bullshit hype. If thats how he feels he has to act to get the fight, thats upto him.

Price v Harrison this weekend isnt it? Or Price hitting a punchbag, fucking ridicolous that its been made and is going ahead after Harrisons performance against Haye. Price should batter him inside 2-3 rounds. Imagine if Harrison landed a wild hail mary punch though, thats always the fear when Harrison is fighting, if he gets that big punch and gets the win then you know its another round of Yes I can and all of his bullshit!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #23354 on: September 28, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »
decent comeback fight i guess, interesting reading those Fury comments :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #23355 on: September 28, 2012, 12:32:29 pm »
Not sure he should be coming back to be honest. I know that today's fighters are fitter and last longer than they used to in the 50's/60's but he's been out of fighting discipline and physical shape for 3 and a half years and he is 34. Must need the money.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23356 on: September 28, 2012, 01:28:47 pm »
What was the crack with Hatton and his Dad? Over money?

Ray Hatton best pound for pound Hatton?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23357 on: September 29, 2012, 05:04:14 pm »

Amir Khan is back on December to fight Carlos Molina and he's got a new trainer Virgil Hunter (Andre Ward's trainer).  Molina is a surprise opponent seeing as though the guy hasn't fought above Lightweight.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/8119722/Amir-Khan-has-announced-that-his-next-fight-will-be-against-Carlos-Molina-and-confirmed-that-his-new-trainer-will-be-Virgil-Hunter

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23358 on: September 29, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »
17 wins and 7 KO's, a light weight, undefeated but what does that mean these days? Confidence booster for Khan I think, a safety fight while he adapts with a new trainer, am I right in hearing hes hired Virgil Hunter as his new trainer?

Hes a good fighter Khan, got loads of talent/potential but I wonder why the change of trainers after defeats, happened after Prescott and again after Garcia, he has to look in the mirror and realise a trainer can only do so much. A good trainer can help you a hell of a lot, but you've got to be able to think for yourself and have the boxing brain yourself. Khan hasnt got one. He knows how to fight one way and thats jump in throw a few fast shots then jump out, when hes hurt he tries to prove he has a chin and stands toe to toe,  any puncher would love to fight him. Until he gets that chip off his shoulder, admits some responsiblity of his own hes never going to cut it at world level for me. Loads of potential, but no brains.

We'll see how this change of trainer works out for him. But how can he complain about having to share with Pacquiao when Virgil trains Andre Ward as well? Ward will get priority over him!

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23359 on: September 29, 2012, 06:58:03 pm »
17 wins and 7 KO's, a light weight, undefeated but what does that mean these days? Confidence booster for Khan I think, a safety fight while he adapts with a new trainer, am I right in hearing hes hired Virgil Hunter as his new trainer?

Hes a good fighter Khan, got loads of talent/potential but I wonder why the change of trainers after defeats, happened after Prescott and again after Garcia, he has to look in the mirror and realise a trainer can only do so much. A good trainer can help you a hell of a lot, but you've got to be able to think for yourself and have the boxing brain yourself. Khan hasnt got one. He knows how to fight one way and thats jump in throw a few fast shots then jump out, when hes hurt he tries to prove he has a chin and stands toe to toe,  any puncher would love to fight him. Until he gets that chip off his shoulder, admits some responsiblity of his own hes never going to cut it at world level for me. Loads of potential, but no brains.

We'll see how this change of trainer works out for him. But how can he complain about having to share with Pacquiao when Virgil trains Andre Ward as well? Ward will get priority over him!

This is 100% spot on regarding Khan, he has decent skills and lighting speed. It's his arrogance and sheer stupidness that has cost him at least twice in his career. The guy has no chin and doesn't know how to box on the inside for me either. If he accepted his failings and boxed to his strengths I have no doubt he would become a world champion again. Look at wladimir klitschko, he has a week chin however the guy is very intellegent. Manny Strewart polished his strengths and helped him minimise his weeknesses.

He needs to stop making excuses for his failings, from blaming his training camps, coaches, refs etc Accept his limitations and box to his strengths. Question is he capable? Evertime he gets hurt he reverts to type and starts fighting with his chin in the air.