Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3513719 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #50200 on: August 20, 2019, 07:40:04 pm »
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was really good. Had a great time watching it.

I watched it today and i thought it was good with excellent performances from Di Caprio and Pitt but as we left two middle-aged women were talking about it and one said "i am not sure if i enjoyed that film but the dog was good". I had a hard job not to laugh out loud.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50201 on: August 20, 2019, 10:25:03 pm »
Out of Time song  by the Stones was a very moving part of the movie as poor Sharon Tate faced her day of doom,Tarintino's  finale was sweet.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:31:20 pm by sirKennyDaggers »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #50202 on: August 20, 2019, 10:25:57 pm »
I watched it today and i thought it was good with excellent performances from Di Caprio and Pitt but as we left two middle-aged women were talking about it and one said "i am not sure if i enjoyed that film but the dog was good". I had a hard job not to laugh out loud.
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SheikhMo

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #50203 on: August 20, 2019, 10:41:19 pm »
A new Matrix is on the way 😬 https://t.co/kKnSHxI4SR
"If you're struggling in a game you can either do two things, send your centre back (Robert Huth) up front as a centre forward or use Luis Garcia between the lines." - Rafa Benitez

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #50204 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:30 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50205 on: August 21, 2019, 12:38:49 am »
Out of Time song  by the Stones was a very moving part of the movie as poor Sharon Tate faced her day of doom,Tarintino's  finale was sweet.

Shit!, I was sure it was Chris Farlowe's version of 'Out of Time' but have googled it and now stand corrected. It was The Stones original.

cheers :)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #50206 on: August 21, 2019, 10:06:23 am »
A new Matrix is on the way 😬 https://t.co/kKnSHxI4SR
Apparently they are going to pretend the 2nd and 3rd ones were ever made and and just jump in where the original left off like....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50207 on: August 21, 2019, 10:12:58 am »
Apparently they are going to pretend the 2nd and 3rd ones were ever made and and just jump in where the original left off like....

That is a good idea because the last film was one of the worst movies I have seen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50208 on: August 21, 2019, 11:05:08 am »

I'd be extremely surprised if it does that and isn't set after the 3rd movie.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #50209 on: August 21, 2019, 11:26:52 am »
Shit!, I was sure it was Chris Farlowe's version of 'Out of Time' but have googled it and now stand corrected. It was The Stones original.

cheers :)

I haven't heard the Stones version for decades and still prefer the Chris Farlowe version.

Well I enjoyed it but I go to the flicks to be entertained. One old woman (well my age but with an old attitude) told us she didn't like it because DiCaprio and Pitt were always pissed and there were no blacks in it. A strange critique but each to their own.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50210 on: August 21, 2019, 12:59:46 pm »
I haven't heard the Stones version for decades and still prefer the Chris Farlowe version.

Well I enjoyed it but I go to the flicks to be entertained. One old woman (well my age but with an old attitude) told us she didn't like it because DiCaprio and Pitt were always pissed and there were no blacks in it. A strange critique but each to their own.

I mentioned this to my son (in a round about way) and wondered how long it would be before people started kicking up a fuss about this and calling QT a big old racist.

I know your not kicking up a fuss by the way. :)

I've just listened to the Stones original of 'Out of Time' again and must admit, Farlowe's is pretty much an identical version.  Not sure how i didn't realise it was Mick Jagger vocal in the cinema though.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50211 on: August 21, 2019, 02:10:53 pm »
I mentioned this to my son (in a round about way) and wondered how long it would be before people started kicking up a fuss about this and calling QT a big old racist.

I know your not kicking up a fuss by the way. :)

I've just listened to the Stones original of 'Out of Time' again and must admit, Farlowe's is pretty much an identical version.  Not sure how i didn't realise it was Mick Jagger vocal in the cinema though.

I think Farlowe's version has a heavier input from the drums and horn section. The Stones version is a little "lighter" if that makes sense, Farlowe's more a white/mod Stax version. :D

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #50212 on: August 21, 2019, 03:51:48 pm »
I think Farlowe's version has a heavier input from the drums and horn section. The Stones version is a little "lighter" if that makes sense, Farlowe's more a white/mod Stax version. :D

Weird you say that, my Mrs asked me who it was when we were watching it, I said the stones, then deliberated as to whether it was Chris farlowe before confirming it was the stones.
Was equally enjoyable on a second viewing, some great detail like the dog food flavours, jokes in the Mexican reso and I was sensing a dig at Harvey Weinstein in the scene with brad giving pussycat a lift.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50213 on: August 21, 2019, 04:48:43 pm »

Weird you say that, my Mrs asked me who it was when we were watching it, I said the stones, then deliberated as to whether it was Chris farlowe before confirming it was the stones.
Was equally enjoyable on a second viewing, some great detail like the dog food flavours, jokes in the Mexican reso and I was sensing a dig at Harvey Weinstein in the scene with brad giving pussycat a lift.

I liked the age check - No ID, no blow job.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50214 on: August 23, 2019, 09:59:14 am »
Watched 'Nightcrawler (2014)' last night

Absolutely bloody brilliant movie.  Gyllenhaal was just amazing as the creepy stringer Lou.  Lou has been described as an anti-hero but i saw him as an outright villain.  A despicable character and total sociopath.

Real edge of the seat stuff at times and a very original screenplay which rightly got Oscar nominated.  Seen critics likening Gyllenhaal's performance to that of DeNiro in Taxi driver.

Sends a powerful message too about the connection between unethical journalism and what Joe Public wants to see when they turn on the morning news.

10/10 - It really was that good.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50215 on: August 23, 2019, 11:00:20 am »

One of my favourites of recent times, you've inspired me to re-watch.

Took my 7 year old niece to see Dora: The Movie. It's like a mix between Jumanji/Crocodile Dundee and the cartoon. Really enjoyable movie, mainly due to the positivity of Isabela Moner (Dora), it's as good a cartoon/real life crossover as I've seen. 
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50216 on: August 23, 2019, 11:04:06 am »

Took my 7 year old niece to see Dora: The Movie. It's like a mix between Jumanji/Crocodile Dundee and the cartoon. Really enjoyable movie, mainly due to the positivity of Isabela Moner (Dora), it's as good a cartoon/real life crossover as I've seen. 

I read the first line then started to read the second paragraph of your post

I honestly thought you were going to say you took your 7 year old niece to watch Nightcrawler!!

:)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50217 on: August 23, 2019, 12:09:53 pm »

I can see why you'd double-bill Nightcrawler with Dora: The movie. Good back to back for a film night in

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #50218 on: August 23, 2019, 01:49:04 pm »
Hollywood wotstis. Kind of OK, probably an hour and a half too long. Some decent story lines. Some meh story lines.

Acting pretty good. Audience seemed fairly cheeesd off by the end, wanting to go home.

Can't say I blame them.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #50219 on: August 23, 2019, 03:41:12 pm »
Watched that Good Boys last night - thought it was brilliant. Surprised by its 6.8/10 rating on IMDB.

Easy watching, really funny, enjoyed it immensely!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #50220 on: August 23, 2019, 04:15:12 pm »
Tarantinos a cringeworthy goon on a downward slide. Won't be paying to see his flicks from now on. He's conned me for the last time.

Wish he would make a simple crime film and not all this fantasy alternate history guff.

He peaked with Jackie Brown then disappeared up his own hole. His films since then would all be improved drastically by losing half an hour of his most cringe-worthy self indulgences.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #50221 on: August 23, 2019, 10:06:59 pm »
Watched Once Upon A Time at the cinema a few evenings ago & whilst its a solid enjoyable film it is quite
forgettable (apart from the ending). Not his worst film but definitely not as good as Pulp, IB, Django & Kill Bill 1 which I class as his top 4 films.
Brad Pitts character was excellent & the best part of the film. Leo was equally great in parts especially the western scene with the young girl, great range showed by him.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #50222 on: August 23, 2019, 11:25:59 pm »
Just watched Godzilla King of the Monsters thought it was a mess of a film and it really annoyed me that they did a cover version of Blue Oyster Cults Godzilla and didn't let them do it over the end titles.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50223 on: August 26, 2019, 05:40:19 pm »
Booked in to watch The Terminator 1 & 2 Double Bill at the Odeon with the lad on Thursday night

Another couple of movies I never got to see on the big screen

Looking forward to it. :)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50224 on: August 26, 2019, 05:53:05 pm »
That the one in L1?

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50225 on: August 26, 2019, 07:46:03 pm »
That the one in L1?

Yes mate but I think it’s on countrywide

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50226 on: August 26, 2019, 07:47:35 pm »
Booked in to watch The Terminator 1 & 2 Double Bill at the Odeon with the lad on Thursday night

Another couple of movies I never got to see on the big screen

Looking forward to it. :)

Done the same for my local cineworld, cant wait.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #50227 on: August 27, 2019, 09:52:52 am »
Watched Once Upon A Time at the cinema a few evenings ago & whilst its a solid enjoyable film it is quite
forgettable (apart from the ending). Not his worst film but definitely not as good as Pulp, IB, Django & Kill Bill 1 which I class as his top 4 films.
Brad Pitts character was excellent & the best part of the film. Leo was equally great in parts especially the western scene with the young girl, great range showed by him.

my thoughts exactly on the film.

Tarantino does what he does well, puts you in the world he's creating very well. hard to do in films, many tv shows need seasons to bring that across...he pays attention to little things that aid that

I liked it. But not his best film no
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50228 on: August 27, 2019, 01:23:25 pm »
Done the same for my local cineworld, cant wait.

Saw T2 a few years back, only person in the theatre. Fucking great experience. Enjoy fellas
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50229 on: August 27, 2019, 03:05:30 pm »
Yes mate but I think it’s on countrywide

Pretty tempted by that  8)

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50230 on: August 27, 2019, 03:54:50 pm »
The Odeon in town is only £6 now, kind of makes having the Limitless membership pointless

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50231 on: August 28, 2019, 04:28:51 pm »
Watched 'Nightcrawler (2014)' last night

Absolutely bloody brilliant movie.  Gyllenhaal was just amazing as the creepy stringer Lou.  Lou has been described as an anti-hero but i saw him as an outright villain.  A despicable character and total sociopath.

Real edge of the seat stuff at times and a very original screenplay which rightly got Oscar nominated.  Seen critics likening Gyllenhaal's performance to that of DeNiro in Taxi driver.

Sends a powerful message too about the connection between unethical journalism and what Joe Public wants to see when they turn on the morning news.

Yeah excellent movie.

So much CGI infused,  repackaged fare these days.  A well-crafted movie stands out so clearly. 

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50232 on: August 28, 2019, 04:43:10 pm »
The Odeon in town is only £6 now, kind of makes having the Limitless membership pointless

Yeah i couldn't believe it when I booked The Terminator double bill and we got charged 6 quid each. Well good that is :)

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #50233 on: August 28, 2019, 05:48:31 pm »
It looks so good and dark.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fHWlNtO82x0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fHWlNtO82x0</a>

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #50234 on: August 28, 2019, 06:02:37 pm »
I was reading The Irishman is nearly 4 hours long.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50235 on: August 28, 2019, 06:08:06 pm »
It looks so good and dark.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fHWlNtO82x0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fHWlNtO82x0</a>
Fucking hell that looks good. Will this just be a solely film and nothing else afterwards?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #50236 on: August 28, 2019, 06:22:43 pm »
Think we’ll be wanting more of him as the Joker after this, it looks awesome.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #50237 on: August 28, 2019, 06:23:05 pm »
It was made as a standalone, originally. Fuck knows with DC though.

Looks brilliant.
AHA!

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50238 on: August 28, 2019, 06:53:54 pm »
Joker looks like its gonna be nice and dark.

Slightly off topic.  Just read De Niro says his role in Joker plays homage to his character from Scorsese's "King of Comedy (1983)"

Seems this movie was a box office flop but is very well received by critics.  90 odd percent on RT.

So, King Of Comedy.  Is it recommended?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50239 on: August 28, 2019, 07:48:19 pm »
Joker looks tremendous. Joaquin going for that Oscar!