Author Topic: Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post match comments etc  (Read 14939 times)

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Liverpool - Post match comments etc
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2005, 05:25:03 pm »
Rafa looks gutted and pissed off.

Not suprising with that shite performance today.

The blueshite and Chelsea must be pissing themselves.

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2005, 05:25:22 pm »
Raffa very fucked off, asked "you seem you angry" Raffa "yes, I dont want to talk"

Whos the spaniard there ;D

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline CarraLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2005, 05:25:25 pm »
I have never seen Rafa like that. He looked pissed off beyond belief.
The manager can only do so much, the players have to perform for him and they didn't.

Agreed, he seemed sort of nervous and shaken up by something.

Offline CuffMkII

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2005, 05:25:45 pm »
Raffa very fucked off, asked "you seem you angry" Raffa "yes, I dont want to talk"

Can't blame him to be honest. Rafa probably had some kind of masterplan which the players jsut didn't follow or couldn't quite understand...

Perhaps Baros was part of that plan...  ???

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2005, 05:26:08 pm »
Everyone had kittens when Stevie didnt start on Wed but look at our performance that day. Its obvious he is not an inspiration to the team at all.

Not blaming him for the defeat having only watched bits of the game but is does feel like there is a gulf between himself and Alonso at the moment.

Unfair. Put Alonso behind Potter, Le Tallac and Welsh and see what miracles he can do. I'm not saying Gerards better than Xabi, but he didn't have the best players around him today.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline Crazy-Horse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2005, 05:26:19 pm »
I have never seen Rafa like that. He looked pissed off beyond belief.
The manager can only do so much, the players have to perform for him and they didn't.

exactly mate. Have a go at his rotation all you like, but the players he put out are still good enough, and ultimately didn't perform. You can't do much from the sidelines if the players are just not up for it.

I can see him walking if he gets many more performances like that, and could you blame him?

Offline nellylfc72

• Anny Roader
  • ....its not a matter of life and death...........
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2005, 05:26:20 pm »
THE "TIME TO CHANGE THE MANAGER METHINKS........" was from Istanbul 2005, i just copied into my post mate. Seriously i do not want him sacked, he will get it right eventually, but he has to stop tinkering at crucial times of the season!!

...no one remembers second place....

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2005, 05:26:47 pm »
And?  Same as every Liverpool fan leaving that place then.

Exactly. I'm a massive Rafa fan, i know he'll turn us around but i just cannot understand why we are going into away days in the league in the same way every single time almost. Its frustrating as hell. The only explanation is that Rafa knows how he wants it to work but the personnel he has aren't up to the job - he's obviously not that blind to see that what's going on isn't working and doesn't look like its going to. But then on the other hand we have a side that works well in Europe and fairly well at home. A fine balance between manager not yet getting it right and players not performing maybe?

I still cant even believe that i KNOW how good Rafa is......very strange.
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline redmonkey

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2005, 05:27:47 pm »
The key thing for Rafa to show is that he can do what Souness, Evans and Houllier couldn't do - learn from mistakes

Offline Crazy-Horse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2005, 05:27:52 pm »
Phil Thompson pissed me off there by speculating that something could have gone on in the dressing room because Rafa looked gutted. Stick to the football, Phil, eh...

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2005, 05:28:22 pm »

Not surprised he doesn't want to talk cos he'll have to say, "It was my fault"

Offline Redders

• Wish mine was wood
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2005, 05:29:08 pm »
Our team are a gang of glory hunters with the WRONG mentality – I’ve said it at least four or five times on here over recent weeks, I told you they would turn up and play against Juve, Everton and the like but also told you before Bolton, City and now Palace how we would play, even knowing that Everton had only managed a draw didn’t motivate us, we should not be losing to Palace.

It’s now worse than before because with yet another demoralising result I can’t see them lifting it for Chelsea, have to question some of Rafa’s decisions there today.

Spot on, Chris!

It's a sodding nightmare.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2005, 05:29:23 pm »
Rafa had a gamble on tema selection and it didn't come off, he would probably expect a bit of criticism for that just as he would have been praised to the heavens if he'd rested those players and still got as result.

CL is the priority now, we need to do enough in the league to ensure UEFA, apart from that we're playing for pride, although it would be nice to see some of that on a more consistent basis....

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2005, 05:29:50 pm »
The entire team takes the blame for this loss, for fucks sake we could beat a team thats fighting to avoid relegation forget beat them we could even cut it against them especially since everyone keeps going on and on about how we have to win the rest of our games. All talk, they took Palace for granted, got complacent and got beaten and deserved to lose.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2005, 05:30:22 pm »
Ah well, only onw more away league to be dissapointed about.

Just hope we can win the CL now.

Roll on next season.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2005, 05:30:33 pm »
The inconsistency of the side is absolutely mind boggling. We can knock out a world class side like Juventus over two legs and then come up with a dreadful effort against a side at the foot of the table. Unreal if you ask me. No way do we deserve 4th place, no way.

Offline Felix

• Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2005, 05:30:42 pm »
Phil Thompson pissed me off there by speculating that something could have gone on in the dressing room because Rafa looked gutted. Stick to the football, Phil, eh...

What did Thommo say?

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2005, 05:30:51 pm »
CL is the priority now

I think CL was the priority when the team was being selected today.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2005, 05:31:20 pm »
I should know better than to post in these threads. Bunch of CM playing no-hopers and glory hunters. Remember your history and when you do walk through a storm hold yer head up high, don't stick it up yer fucking arseholes.

All very noble I'm sure, but you are missing the point by a country mile. Rafa is the man for the job, no doubt in my mind.

But today he fucked up BIG style. No argument about that. Maureen's team will take the field with key players on Wed. who were 'risked' today. Don't see much rotation from him at this sharp end of the season - and he has far more players than us to bring in; AND of better quality than Welsh and Potter.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline CuffMkII

• Main Stander
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2005, 05:31:36 pm »
Not surprised he doesn't want to talk cos he'll have to say, "It was my fault"

Not sure that's entirely fair. On paper we have the better team, it's not Rafa's fault the players didn't perform, or just didn't want to.

All this talk about Rafa out already is pathetic. I know most of it is just irony and people moaning, but come on lads, give the man a chance!

Offline tim makaveli

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2005, 05:31:58 pm »
the uefa cup is embarrassing. this is a disaster.

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2005, 05:32:01 pm »

Spot on.  :no  :butt

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2005, 05:32:24 pm »
We lost today, shit happens, only way is up >:( ;)

But remember, this season, despite the disappointments, could still become a memorable one ;D

Dont lose hope! :)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2005, 05:32:27 pm »
What a bunch of knobs!,sack Rafa 9 months into a very large rebuilding mission?!,its probably the first time I ve  QUESTIONED his selection of the team,its fine being upset losing to Palace but please get some fucking perspective!.

Dont worry we'll get that in the next few days...   ::)

Rafa deffo messed up today, I for one do not think that 3-5-2/5-3-2 can work esp not in the prem but I still think it was a lack of effort from the players that started

If we wanted to rest Alonso then Biscan & Stevie had to start going on form and experience
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline CarraLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2005, 05:33:04 pm »
I hope people arent busy on Sundays because we'll be playing a hell of a lot of Sunday games next season

Offline RI-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • What the fuck is Goony Goo Goo?
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2005, 05:33:41 pm »
the uefa cup is embarrassing. this is a disaster.

What about the CL? If we win that then will that be a disaster?
That ginger haired twat looks like a proper manc c*nt!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2005, 05:33:43 pm »

What? Resting Biscan, Nunez and Riise? And not playing an injured Garcia?

The only team change that made a difference was Alonso not being in the side but he needs a rest, he maybe be briliant but he's not superman. 3 games and a reserves run out after a broken ankle.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2005, 05:34:26 pm »
Its fucking mental. Everyone hopes and prays we can win the CL. But looking at it in a totally unbiased manner, can we beat Chelsea over 2 games and AC Milan? Well, it's possible but I wouldn't stake much of my own money on it. Can we beat Palace, Boro, Villa and Arsenal? More fucking likely than 3 games agaisnt Chelsea and Milan. Try to win those fucking games and do their best in the CL this year cos we've done well up to now as it is.

Fuck off with concentrating on the next match and concentrate on the one being played today, I say.

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2005, 05:34:47 pm »
Not sure that's entirely fair. On paper we have the better team, it's not Rafa's fault the players didn't perform, or just didn't want to.

It's Rafa's fault that he didn't put out a team good enough to win. Better team on paper - my arse! He bought Potter on with Cisse sitting on the bench bcos he didn't want to risk Cisse getting injured before WEednesday. The truth is he put out an below par team and got a below par performance.

All this talk about Rafa out already is pathetic. I know most of it is just irony and people moaning, but come on lads, give the man a chance!

But on this point I do agree. Rafa is still the man!

Offline Crazy-Horse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2005, 05:36:07 pm »
Don't see much rotation from him at this sharp end of the season - and he has far more players than us to bring in; AND of better quality than Welsh and Potter

he can afford not to rotate because he has good enough players to come in and take over if anyone gets injured. We don't have that luxury.

How many other managers, with a squad like ours, would have rested players today knowing they had a huge game on the wednesday? I think more than most.

Offline Andy.

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2005, 05:36:15 pm »
Wow. What a pile of shite.

I thought Palace would fight, as they're in desperate need of the points, too... but they didn't have to fight. We just gave them the ball, time and time again. Johnson was a nuisance and Routledge played alright, but these were there for the taking and we just didn't look arsed. Yes, we weren't at full-strength, but we still had the better players on the pitch, by far.

Our so-called 'better' and more experienced players were garbage today. Gerrard, Carra, Moro, etc. Fucking poor.
We only looked like we wanted to win in the last 10 minutes and even then we were toothless.
A comfortable save from Gerrard near the end was all Kiraly had to do all game.

We've now lost 13 league games and not one Liverpool player has scored in any of them. Shocking statistic, that.

Just seen the interview with Rafa and to say he looked pissed-off is the understatement of the century.
A lot of these lads will not be here next season and rightfully so.

Still doesn't excuse the poor attitude and lack of commitment, though. The very least you can do while wearing the red shirt is try. Too many of our players turned up and just went through the motions.
I also got the feeling that a lot of these players had the CL game on their minds. Not enough fight, spirit, awareness or anything positive, really.

We've laughed at Everton's shite team all season, but if we had even half of their fighting spirit in the PL, we wouldn't be where we are now. We failed to capitalise yet again and 4th is outta reach now. Barring a minor miracle.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2005, 05:36:16 pm »
First of all Im not calling for anyones head here but....

Have to put a bit of blame on the Gaffa here Im afraid.

Dont agree with the "resting" malarky. Resting for what exactly. If were not interested in fighting for 4th then come out and say so. Just say "I'm resting so and so for the game on Wed cause I think its the best chance we have of getting in the CL" We all know where we stand then!!!

If we havent given up the chase for 4th then why arent we playing our best team available for a must win game. Its no good resting them so they're fit for Boro if, by the time we play them were already out of the race by losing today. Ridiculous!!

IMO todays selection was as poor as the Burnley one. And although I'm not gonna knock Rafa he has to take some responsibility today.  The team selection today said it all. We didnt go there with a "were gonna do you attitude", we went with a "oh well, another away game". Did anyone realise that today was a massive game that determined how the rest of the seasons league games shape up. This was a league version of a CL semi final. And we didnt turn up.

Rafa didnt impress me today. Selection, subs or formation wise. But were all entitled to fuck things up. But we take the flak that goes with it. He'll get over it.

Players didnt sound as though they gave a toss till the last 10. Im gonna dl the match and watch it later before I can really make a comment on that.

Support, as ever sounded boss.

Disappointed and feeling a bit pissed off with the whole fuckin world actually.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 05:39:09 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Andy J

• Wanted One Custom Title!
  • Kopite
  • Free Michael Sheilds
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2005, 05:36:29 pm »
Fuck you people moan like motherfuckers.

It doesnt change anything.
I fucking love Liverpool

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2005, 05:36:54 pm »
All very noble I'm sure, but you are missing the point by a country mile. Rafa is the man for the job, no doubt in my mind.

But today he fucked up BIG style. No argument about that. Maureen's team will take the field with key players on Wed. who were 'risked' today. Don't see much rotation from him at this sharp end of the season - and he has far more players than us to bring in; AND of better quality than Welsh and Potter.

I think that quite clearly told us that despite what anyone has said the EUROPEAN CUP is the priority and hey - so it should be. Difference between us and Chelsea is that we cant afford to lose our best players if they get injured in games like these, if Chelsea lost two or three today they would have ample cover come the game midweek.
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline wild_rover

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2005, 05:36:59 pm »
Pathetic. Three points that should have been in the bag. There would be no contest for 4th spot if we'd have picked up piss-easy points from these kind of games. Wins against Boro, Arsenal and Villa? Not on this kind of form.
'who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?'

- Hunter S Thompson

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2005, 05:37:34 pm »
There were definately tears in Rafa's eyes. Had the interview not ended then he would have needed tissues.

Never seen Rafa this angry - he looked absolutely gutted.

Not surprising. We were shocking today - we just didn't want it.

This squad/team lacks total motivation.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2005, 05:37:40 pm »
Am I being cynical or does Rafa see a bit of publicity and glory for himself in the CL? If he gets a bunch of unfancied, semi-nohopers through to the CL final and Real Madrid bullet their manager in the summer........?

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2005, 05:38:04 pm »
he can afford not to rotate because he has good enough players to come in and take over if anyone gets injured. We don't have that luxury.

How many other managers, with a squad like ours, would have rested players today knowing they had a huge game on the wednesday? I think more than most.

Fair point but i'll just keep everything crossed now that it doesn't backfire on us!

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2005, 05:38:49 pm »
Ok so evertons run in

Fulham (a) - DRAW
Newcastle (h)- DRAW
Arsenal(a)- LOSE
Bolton (a)-LOSE

Giving them 60 points

Liverpool
Boro (h)- WIN
Arsenal(a)- LOSE
Villa(h)- WIN

60 points

Bolton
Chelsea(h)-DRAW
Pompey(a)-DRAW
Everton(h)-WIN

Giving them 59 points

So i still think we stand a chance so dont give up yet

YNWA
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Crazy-Horse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2005, 05:38:53 pm »
Am I being cynical or does Rafa see a bit of publicity and glory for himself in the CL? If he gets a bunch of unfancied, semi-nohopers through to the CL final and Real Madrid bullet their manager in the summer........?

You were talking sense up until that post, mate.